CompUSA 14.99 Games buy 2 third only a PENNY

mutatedpro2000

CAG Veteran
I walked into CompuUSA for lunch and saw a rack of games PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy with a sign that says Buy 2 14.99 games and get the second for a PENNY. I don't know if it's all the CompUSA's but I was shocked at some of the selections. It looks like they're getting rid of the video game section for console.

-Xbox-
HALO 2 Limited Edition
Periah
Unreal Tournament 2
Manhunt
Onimusha Genji
Simpson Roadrage
Cold Fear
Tron 2.0
More...

-PS2-
Viewtiful Joe 2
Cold Fear
XGRA
More...

-Gamecube-
Resident Evil Zero
Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorrow
More...

I have pictures but I'll have to post them up later.:hot:

I was at compusa, but the deal there was slightly different. It was just buy 2 get one free, and not all the titles were $14.99 There were some that were more.
The selection wasn't too good though.

[quote name='javeryh']meh, buy 2 get one free is way better.[/QUOTE]
If you value a penny that much, then maybe this sale isn't for you.

Maybe you should go to SkinflintGamer.com

[quote name='radjago']If you value a penny that much, then maybe this sale isn't for you.

Maybe you should go to SkinflintGamer.com[/QUOTE]

It's much better deal since now you're not limited to $14.99 games now.

[quote name='WebScud']Do you guys not have a fucking phone?[/QUOTE]

Have you called your local compusa in the past year!?! They usualy dont know what they are talking about, especialy non advertised sales, and they no even less about video games.

Definetly true about it being YMMV. I had trouble getting them to honor a similar B2G1 free deal about a year ago and it was in the ad so it shouldn't have been YMMV yet they didn't want to honor it. My local CompUSA had a rack full for $9.99 games at that time, and the B2G1 free didn't come off. The cashier tries to tell me it only applies to the games in the ad and not to clearance games even though the ad said ALL GAMES. I didn't back down (I was polite and didn't yell or anything, just wouldn't take no for an answer), and finally the manager came out of the office and did an over ride.

[quote name='WebScud']Do you guys not have a fucking phone?[/QUOTE]

Why the heck should I bother calling about a deal that might not exist and that I might not care about? And calm down your tone dude.

01-30-06_1436.jpg

01-30-06_1435.jpg

Here are the pictures to prove. Sorry for them being blurred, Camera Phone.

I'll have to go tomorrow and checke it out. The local CompUSA has a crappy selection of games, but hopefully the promotion is for games that are more than $15 as well. I'd love to pick up some PSP games. Wish they had this for Guides as well.

I used to work for CompUSSR. Way back in the day.

They have their system set up so it's virtually impossible to reach anyone on the phone unless you are willing to wait on hold for at least 15 minutes.

[quote name='tony72']I used to work for CompUSSR. Way back in the day.

They have their system set up so it's virtually impossible to reach anyone on the phone unless you are willing to wait on hold for at least 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Wish I would have known this about 3 hours ago when I made a complete ass of myself by attempting to dial my nearest store for what seemed like eternity. I kept on choosing for the option to speak to the operator, it would ring about 10 times and then kick me back to the menu option again and again. No sweat as I have one about 5 mins from me. But it was a pain. Now I know never to call that store again.

Those signs are store made - General manager is taking the bullet to get rid of old stock. You may find an entire region doing it, but more than likely it won't be more than 15 stores nationwide as it is not a corporate approved sale; it could be just the one location.

---Response from my friend who is a GM at CompUSA - location undisclosed.

Man, what ever happened to helping each other out? So much ASS going on and so little help. Some people just enjoy a simple B2G1F deal better, no need to comment about a penny. :roll: And yes, most stores that don't specialize in video games (including TRU) have salespeople that have no idea of what they're selling so people have the right to ask for confirmation from people who buy games. That's the point of a forum board, to ask and receive help. Grow up some guys (and gals).

Should just mention its YMMV or just name the location and place in regional section. I replied something similar in a past Comp USA sale thread, however it was 3 games for $30 - price still ending up being $10 each. Also I said it was YMMV, each Comp USA seems to be different, most don't have it.

The games were all PS2 and some better ones were: Killer7, Summoner 2, Champions Return to Norrath... they had a binder there with a list of the games. Too lazy to copy it.

bread's done
Back