CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

[quote name='daminion']There's a Bioshock guide at my CC that I've been eyeing. I hate to pay more than $10 for a guide, but it's one I want as I play through the game.[/quote]

Are you referring to the Brady Games guide? If so, it retails for $20, but CC is offering 50% off all strategy guides this week. So, it should only cost you $10. Also, BB will match this offer.

[quote name='t0llenz']20-40% at the CompUSA in Latham, NY[/quote]Yea, the place is pretty empty at this point as well. I took a look at some of the PC games. Going to need to get higher discount before I'll bite.

Thought I would stop by CompUSA again today. There is still a crapload of stuff because pretty much everything is a non-deal. The only thing I saw of interest was guides @ 40% off (some guides were marked $0.98).

The Columbia store made me laugh tonight. They've still got lots of games left (some decent titles even), but they're only 20%, so they can be had cheaper elsewhere what with the markups.

What really got me were the bins of junk up front. All kinds of trash that had been used by the store in their displays was thrown on tables up front with ridiculous prices. Dirty old-style keyboards from the early 90s were $5 each. Old surge power strips at $3 each. My favorite was the bin of random remotes that were from display TVs, $7 each.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']The Columbia store made me laugh tonight. They've still got lots of games left (some decent titles even), but they're only 20%, so they can be had cheaper elsewhere what with the markups.

What really got me were the bins of junk up front. All kinds of trash that had been used by the store in their displays was thrown on tables up front with ridiculous prices. Dirty old-style keyboards from the early 90s were $5 each. Old surge power strips at $3 each. My favorite was the bin of random remotes that were from display TVs, $7 each.[/quote]

keep us (me) updated on the columbia store discounts, waiting to get some cheap party games for the 360.

[quote name='Hockey37']My CompUSA seems to be restocking on some items, wierd.[/quote]

They most likely found some local stock left around.

[quote name='Deusx']keep us (me) updated on the columbia store discounts, waiting to get some cheap party games for the 360.[/quote]

When I was in Towson a few weeks ago, they had a better selection, but who knows what they have now. I don't know when I'll check back, because they really didn't have anything I want, and anything I was iffy on will probably be bought by stupid people who think it's a fabulous sale.

I did notice the N800 navigation kit I bought in Towson was marked at a different price in Columbia. In Towson it was 20% off of $189 (marked 40%, but the clerk tore up the sticker and said it was "marked wrong"), while in Columbia it is 40% off of $249.

I went to my local COMPUSA in South Florida. The store was pretty empty, but there were 2 360's for I believe 20% off, and 2 PSP bundles for 20% off. I would have bitten on the PSP bundle but I was low on Cash at the moment.

The game guide section was at 40%, they had a lot of good guides there but I am not into that type of thing.

The game selection was pretty decent all things considered. A lot of shovel ware, but there were good games such as:
-Rock band (game only DUH) 360
-Skate. 360 and PS3 although only 1 PS3 copy.
-FF tactics and Jeanne D'arc (Garbage for me but if it floats your boat)
-EBA
-Recent sports games.
-All editions of Halo 3 20% off
-CoD 4 PC SE and Regular Editions

The thing is that it was a 20% markdown on MSRP, so the prices were not that good.

Didn't have a good chance to see what else there was because some smelly fatty was blocking a 6th of the isle with his body, and the rest of his party occupied the just about half. This guy was massive smelled like a barn yard.

I just picked up a 360 memory card, I have a premium but I need to move around some saves/gamer pics.

Not sure if I should pick up the Daxter bundle PSP. All sales are final and the package looked a bit torn. 30 bucks off but no chance for returns. Should I get it fellow Cags?

The comp here in latham, ny still has crappy prices too. nothing really marked down less then any other store. says 20-40 off though which seems to mean nada lol. could believe they were selling 400mhz machines.

I was in a comp usa today in florida and it was only 20% off on videogames. The good games were starting at $59.99 so its not that much of a deal when it would just relate to sale prices at circuit city and best buy.

I went today... hid a few things :) i'm hoping no one decides to open the bottom shelves any time soon.... muahahahahahaaaa.

Hid 2 850Antec power supplies.
Hid 4 PS3 games, and 2 360games.

I am hoping to find them when sales hit 40-60%, so that the games will actually be a deal, and the power supply will be less then 90$. :) here is to hoping!

[quote name='SuperJedi']No wonder it's going away...
In a time almost recession now days, businesses Greedy like this FAIL... FAIL HARD!!![/quote]

The stores have been owned and run by liquidators since mid-December. Whatever you think of CompUSA management and they way they ran things, they're not calling the shots (or setting the prices) anymore.

I found my fair share of bargains at CompUSA before this happened (although, like all the retailers, there where plenty of weeks where I looked at the ad and said meh).

[quote name='gantt']The stores have been owned and run by liquidators since mid-December. Whatever you think of CompUSA management and they way they ran things, they're not calling the shots (or setting the prices) anymore.

I found my fair share of bargains at CompUSA before this happened (although, like all the retailers, there where plenty of weeks where I looked at the ad and said meh).[/QUOTE]

The weird thing is that these stores somehow move the merchandise at this rip off prices. Either consumers are really stupid (most likely) or they move merchandise out of the stores via some other method.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I am beginning to wonder will it ever reach 40% at all?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at least the Tower Records and Sam Goody liquidations were fairly quick and consistent. This is just ridiculous. I was getting much better deals at Comp USA BEFORE they decided to liquidate everything.

so far, a total waste. the good news it though, the games and items i hid 1 week ago, are still hidden. here's to hoping i can snag some shit at 90% off, lol

I saw someone with a sign saying 20% (or 30%) to 50% off, but the way the area is set up I have no clue where the stre was.

I went today and noticed:

Xbox 360 games were 25% off -- really wasn't anything I wanted though. Orange Box tempted me for about a minute though.

Guides / Books were 50% off so I finally decided to pick up the Bioshock guide I've been eyeing. I hate paying that much for a guide, but it will be used as I play through the game soon.

It's amazing to see how much stuff is flying off of the shelves at these crappy prices. I was waiting for their external enclosures to fall in price (currently only 20% off) and I went in today and they were all gone.

At the price they sold out I can still buy one cheaper from Newegg... just amazing how poorly educated the average consumer is.

The Norfolk, VA store is 20-50% off, but not much is at 50 yet, just some guides and cds and crap. I want an external, but I figure theyll be gone by the time they get to a good price. My wife wanted some Bose headset for her ipod, and they sold the whole rack of like 50 of them in the span of 2 days at only 20% off. WTF?

I found Aetleir Iris 3 and Soul Nomad at 20% off the other day. I was mad at myself for missing Soul Nomad the first time around, saw a preview, but forgot when it was going to come out. EB/GS/BB and all of them either were out or never had it, so I was happy enough to find it, especially at any discount.

Also, for anyone who has been hiding stuff away, the one near me started bringing everything towards the front half of the store, so I'd assume that whatever you've hidden might have been moved.

Omg....theres only like 5 stores near me when I search on their site and they're over 100 miles away...wtf? Does anyone know if the ones in LA closed already?

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Omg....theres only like 5 stores near me when I search on their site and they're over 100 miles away...wtf? Does anyone know if the ones in LA closed already?[/QUOTE]
If by LA you mean Los Angeles (as opposed to Louisiana) then yeah they closed over a year ago.

Went yesterday only after noticing a small sign on the DW. They claim 20%-50% but not much at 50%.
Slim pickings for console games, more variety in PC games.
If I remember correctly it went like this:
360 was 25% off
PS3 25% off
PS2 20%
DS 20%
PSP 20%
PC 20%

There wasnt much in terms of console games....lots of Halo 3
Most of these games are cheaper across the street at BB or CC
Lots of PC games though @ 20% off....we picked up
Guild Wars: Nightfall, Factions, Eye of the North for $40, $40, $32...not great but worth it.
I saw PC systems for 15% off...but the store was mostly bare.

This is just a heads up... Circuit City has Guild Wars: Factions for $31.96.. I've been looking for a deal on it... I might be able to get BB to pricematch the $31.96 and then use the $5 off coupon that was on the WoW BB gift card... if those are still available.

If Halo3 is discounted that might be the best price around... I can't find Halo 3 for cheap anywhere.. any knows a place (besides Ebay) please send me a PM

CompUSA in Manhattan has barely anything left. There are a couple games left but everything is way over priced. They have the Halo 3 Legendary Edit for 79.99. Other than that I am just waiting for some of the HD to drop price.

Yea, I talked with a few people I know and sadly those who knew of the liquidation thought that it was a deal.

[quote name='Shimrra']CompUSA in Manhattan has barely anything left. There are a couple games left but everything is way over priced. They have the Halo 3 Legendary Edit for 79.99. Other than that I am just waiting for some of the HD to drop price.[/quote]

Which one? The 5th and 37th store, or the one on Broadway?

[quote name='Shimrra']CompUSA in Manhattan has barely anything left. There are a couple games left but everything is way over priced. They have the Halo 3 Legendary Edit for 79.99. Other than that I am just waiting for some of the HD to drop price.[/quote]

The GameStop I was in also had the Legendary edition for $80. Crazy.

BTW, are stores still at 20% for games?

my store is at 30% (or maybe 35%) off of games, but there really isn't that much i want except for a copy of thrillville:eek:tr that they have for 360, originally market at $50.

just isn't enough of a discount for me yet

Well, at the Tigard, OR store all video games are 30% off, could be a deal on some of the $30 games, now that they are $21. I debated picking up Full Auto and Shadowrun, but passed due to my large backlog from this xmas. I believe that the ps2's they had (both black and silver) are now $91 with the discount, so could be a deal for anyone looking for one.

EDIT: I saw on this forum that the ps2 is dropping to $99 on Feb 24th, since all sales are final during the closeout it is probably not worth it until the price drops a little more.

Mac Leopard is down to $90.99 with the discount, $19 cheaper than amazon.com now, so I did buy it. They were sold out a month ago when I looked, so either they were hiding stock or restocked them.

2.5 inch sata hard drives are 30% off, including Western Digital's 250 gig drive, but I am holding off to get a 320 gig or 500 gig replacement drive in my Macbook, size is more important than price for me. I think that the 250 drive might be at a good price point to upgrade a ps3 hard drive.

If your state has sales tax, then it probably makes some of these deals still more expensive than amazon, but if you live in a state with no sales tax, the deals are finally starting to get better than amazon's normal prices on some items.

The real question is when will the final days of the closeout be? I initially thought that it would be the middle of Febuary, but with the large amount of stock still in the store I would guess it will be at least into some of March.

Bleh. this is the slowest clearance ever. Games are pretty much all gone, except sports title and I think those are only 30% off full retail for last year's game. PC has random mmo like Guild Wars for 50 dollars. The only bargain to be had are ipod classic 80 gb for $200. I was looking for a router, but they're only 30 percent off and still have all those still in stock.

On a side note, I found this pretty funny:
http://consumerist.com/346965/compusa-refuses-to-accept-cash

CompUSA Refuses To Accept Cash

LIquidation%20Station.jpg

A CompUSA cashier summoned her manager and a security guard when Bud tried to pay for his purchases with cash. The promise of 40% discounts drew Bud to the Boisie, Idaho store, but he settled for a 10% discount on an iMac and several accessories.
I start counting out hundred dollar bills and the clerk goes nuts! "Sir, we don't accept cash for this kind of purchase! You must use a credit card!" she says at the top of her lungs. (I see her also hit a button on the phone at the same time.)​

Instantly a man shows up, clearly the manager from his nametag and the rent-a-cop security guy. Both tell me the same thing, "NO CASH! You have to pay with a credit card!"​
CompUSA's corporate office defended the manager, saying that each store is free to set its own policies.
The manager's actions are legal. 31 U.S.C. 5103 says that cash is legal tender for all debts, public and private. Creditors can't refuse cash. CompUSA can.

Of course, that doesn't mean they should.
I got a call back from a guy at CompUSA corporate, apologizing for what happened. He said that he would make sure that I was taken care of properly and that cash would be no problem. I told him I would think about it and call him back.​

So I called the store to see if the items I wanted were in stock, after I asked the guy about them he said, "I know who you are, your the guy that wanted to pay cash. My district manager & corporate called me and read me the riot act over this. Thanks for getting me in trouble!"​

He then hung up on me!​
And you wondered why they were going out of business.

Wait a second.....isn't it actually the liquidators merchandise and discretion at the point when the store closing sales start? So, it's not really COMPUsa's policy, it's the liquidators.

Besides which, who wouldn't accept cash, since it's easily hidden from records. :laughing:

8 Days Left before this company is gone!

40-60%

Now I am going to check out if there are any Hot games like Assassin's Creed LE for that discount?

Can a Mod please edit the title to 40-60% off; 8 Days left?

I will do the Math for you

$69.99 = NOW $41.99 (Pretty Hot price for LEs)

$59.99 = NOW $35.99

$49.99 = NOW $29.99

$39.99 = NOW $23.99

$29.99 = NOW $17.99

$19.99 = NOW $11.99

[quote name='richdmoore']On a side note, I found this pretty funny:
http://consumerist.com/346965/compusa-refuses-to-accept-cash
So I called the store to see if the items I wanted were in stock, after I asked the guy about them he said, "I know who you are, your the guy that wanted to pay cash. My district manager & corporate called me and read me the riot act over this. Thanks for getting me in trouble!"​
He then hung up on me!​
And you wondered why they were going out of business.[/quote]

I can't believe the clerk had the audacity to hang up on the guy. What would you do if they didn't accept your cash (although I've run into something similar about 10 years ago, oddly).

Went to CompUSA today and they had 2 days left before they closed. All games were 70% off or more and the whole store was 70% - 90% off. Game guides were 90% off too.

I got:
Monster Madness (PC) - $12 (I saw at least one more)
Stranglehold (PC) - $15 (a couple more were left)
King Kong: Signature Edition (PC) - $3 (at least five were left)
Assault Heroes (PC) - $6 (one was left)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360) - $18 - (I got the last one) - Probably the worst deal I got, but my CC didn't have it when it was on clearance.

They had a ton of old sports games and preorders boxes for games already released (I found it funny that they were trying to sell them for $2 instead of a penny).

As for games people might want they had:
Legend of Heroes III for $10 or $15 (I don't remember exactly how much, there were 2 left)
Gangs of London for $10 (only 1 left)
Over G Fighters $15 or $20 (2 or so left)
Guild Wars Factions and Nightfall for $15 each (I was actually fighting over whether to get them or not; they had at least 3-5 of each one left)
A D&D MMORPG (at least 10 left)
Various PS2 games such as Just Cause, Spy Hunter, Manhunt, etc.
Superman Returns (360) for $9 (5 or so left)
They also had a lot more I can't remember.

Went to CompUSA today and they had 2 days left before they closed. All games were 70% off or more and the whole store was 70% - 90% off. Game guides were 90% off too.

I got:
Monster Madness (PC) - $12 (I saw at least one more)
Stranglehold (PC) - $15 (a couple more were left)
King Kong: Signature Edition (PC) - $3 (at least five were left)
Assault Heroes (PC) - $6 (one was left)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360) - $18 - (I got the last one) - Probably the worst deal I got, but my CC didn't have it when it was on clearance.

They had a ton of old sports games and preorders boxes for games already released (I found it funny that they were trying to sell them for $2 instead of a penny), and Bad Day LA (this might survive the clearance :p).

As for games people might want they had:
Legend of Heroes III for $10 or $15 (I don't remember)
Gangs of London for $10
Over G Fighters $15 or $20
Guild Wars Factions and Nightfall for $15 each (I was actually fighting over whether to get them or not)
A D&D MMORPG
Various PS2 games such as Just Cause, Spy Hunter, Manhunt, etc.
Superman Returns (360) for $9
Shadowrun (PC) for $10
They also had a lot more I can't remember.

CompUsa by me is at 40%-60% off. So alot of stuff is still over priced. I did pick up some hd enclosures for about 9.99. But I am just waiting for it to go up just a bit more. There is still a bunch of Guild Wars Factions left so hopefully monday is the day to pick them up.

CompUSA by me is at 60-80% off on Friday, 70-90% off on Saturday, and then maybe more %off on Sunday when they close.

I picked up a 4GB SanDisk Pro Duo for 60% off $100, and am tempted to go back on Sunday to see if they have any left.

The games that are left are pretty crappy though.

[quote name='Codemaster']
Guild Wars Factions and Nightfall for $15 each (I was actually fighting over whether to get them or not)
[/QUOTE]

That's a great deal. You made out like a bandit. Start with Factions first... it's got the fastest character progression.

If you're on look up Kuruk Pataman R/RT 16

bread's done
Back