CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Opps, Sorry about that. Yeah PS2, But I thought it worked with PS3?[/quote]

No problem. I'm not certain about compatibility, but I know the Eye camera has a built in mic, quadruple the resolution, and double the frames per second of the Eyetoy.

[quote name='blackjaw']
Didnt see anything that tickled my fancy except Lego Star Wars 2 for 360 at 18.98 before the 15% off. I had to pass though as LSW: Complete is available for a bit more.[/quote]

LEGO Star Wars 2 had been $10-$15 several times on sale even before the complete sega came out.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Eye Toy Has Built In Mic.
But maybe Eye Camera is better.

Would love to get it on clearence.[/quote]

You are correct. I forgot about it, since I don't think I ever played a game that made use of the built in mic (or not in an obvious way, anyway), and it isn't huge like the microphone portion of the PS3 Eye.

[quote name='Gadgetron']So far I have picked up the following:
Copy of Resistance Fall of man [10% off]
Copy of Folklore [10% off]
Copy of Overlord [10% off]
Starwars PSP [20% off]
22" LCD TV [10% off]
19" LCD TV [10% off]
A lot of World of Warcraft Trading Cards [10% off]

What makes this liquidation even better is the closest Compusa to my house is in NH so on top of the discount there is no sales tax![/quote]
Which store was this? Salem?

Picked up a Turtle Beach Ear Force D2 headset for the DS Lite, $15 - 15% + tax. Decided to go ahead and get it rather than wait out another percentage drop. Probably would have been gone by then, anyhow, and I was prepared to spend $15 for one on Amazon, anyway.

Other than that, just waiting to see how low the price'll go on HP inkjet cartridges.

Pretty much everything else is still much too expensive, though.

[quote name='guessed']You are correct. I forgot about it, since I don't think I ever played a game that made use of the built in mic (or not in an obvious way, anyway), and it isn't huge like the microphone portion of the PS3 Eye.[/quote]

So,
Can you play American Idol with jsut the eye toy?

Sorry for side-track, but I can't find an answer.

Hey I saw some really nice double recliners with cup holders in them for around $699 a few weeks ago at my store. Does anyone have any info on a price drop or quality for those? I'm looking at buying two recliners but that seems like a cool alternative.

I went back in today, just for shits and giggles. Half the store was a wreck, with everything at least 15% off. The gaming section was down to one row, mostly newer games, but all the full retail prices. It amazes me what people were buying and the prices they were buying it for. Can people really be this stupid?

[quote name='mtxbass1']I went back in today, just for shits and giggles. Half the store was a wreck, with everything at least 15% off. The gaming section was down to one row, mostly newer games, but all the full retail prices. It amazes me what people were buying and the prices they were buying it for. Can people really be this stupid?[/quote]

it makes me want to go into business as a liquidator, and capitalize on the utter stupidity of the average consumer ;)

I swear.....

All these fucking gullible yuppies at compusa. I don't care if it is 15% off or not.

15% off of fucking retarded prices is still fucking retarded. For example....a 15% off a $200 printer that sells at best buy for $115

But the person who gets it at compusa got a fucking steal at 15% off right?

By the time they are at 40-50% there will be nothing left because of retards.

[quote name='arcath']I swear.....

All these fucking gullible yuppies at compusa. I don't care if it is 15% off or not.

15% off of fucking retarded prices is still fucking retarded. For example....a 15% off a $200 printer that sells at best buy for $115

But the person who gets it at compusa got a fucking steal at 15% off right?

By the time they are at 40-50% there will be nothing left because of retards.[/quote]

That's exactly what gets me the most. Every single item in there can be found elsewhere for MUCH cheaper than the "15%" off they are giving, yet people snap it up like the crap (and I do mean crap) is hard to find.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That's exactly what gets me the most. Every single item in there can be found elsewhere for MUCH cheaper than the "15%" off they are giving, yet people snap it up like the crap (and I do mean crap) is hard to find.[/quote]

That's exactly why they buy it; they don't know where else to get it. You think all their full retail priced items were just collecting dust? They *were* selling already, so most of the people are regular customers (at least of that price range), and it's a deal to them. If you shop around, however, you'll know the good deal when you see it.

Personally, cables I think are the funniest. I love watching people spend $85 on a "retail" $100 Monster HDMI cable, even though I can buy an HDMI cable for like $10 shipped @ Monoprice. I love consumers.

I hit the local CompUSA last Wednesday. They were selling Wii 2000 point cards for $24.99 then 15% off of that. Ridiculous. To top it off, some guy was going to buy the whole lot until I told him it's a ripoff.

There is a bestbuy not 10 minutes away from my nearest compusa. How can people not know bestbuy sells most of the same stuff?

I stopped by on the way to the post office today just out of curiosity. The sales were still mostly crap.

All of the games were pretty much marked up to original MSRP then applied the 15% discount. There were a couple of newer games released in the past few months that would've been an okay buy had you been interested, but not really amazing.

Wanted to find some Zune headphones today, but they had sold out. The Starter kit at $56 wasn't bad, if you were looking for everything in it.

CompUSA sucks.

They no longer have sales and they are just deducting from regular prices.
Which ends being still more expensive then the other stores.

[quote name='JolietJake']There is a bestbuy not 10 minutes away from my nearest compusa. How can people not know bestbuy sells most of the same stuff?[/quote]

i have a theory that its employees and their friends/family that are all helping eachother out in situations like these, hence why all the good stuff seemingly dissapears with practically no cost savings.

i use to go to my local one every once in awhile, most of the stock was indeed covered with dust due to piss poor price management. I really find it hard to believe that a simple 10% off made customers go "zomg i must grab dis NOW!"

Here's what you do. Get the item you really want really cheap. Take it to a shelf with items that you KNOW noone wants even on clearance. Stash it behind those items and come back when the clearance sale is next to nothing.
You know the staff won't catch it cause they don't care anymore. Heck, the staff at my local CompUSA didn't care 2 years ago.

I checked out the only one near me, and video games were 15%, along with computer software. I was going to buy some Mac software, but they had 8 copies on the shelf, so I figured I could wait to see if the discount gets better first.

Does anyone have a good idea when the discounts will increase, or when the closing date of all the stores will occur?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Did anyone see this?

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080107-back-from-the-dead-compusa-assets-snapped-up-by-tigerdirect.html

Son of a Bitch.... maybe this is why they are taking so long to liquidate everything...they were STALLING!!!![/quote]

I read about this earlier.

Replace one complete shit company with another complete shit company.

How tigerdirect is still in business is beyond me. I would have figured anyone who needs PC parts would have gone to newegg/zzf/etc by now and put them under.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I read about this earlier.

Replace one complete shit company with another complete shit company.

How tigerdirect is still in business is beyond me. I would have figured anyone who needs PC parts would have gone to newegg/zzf/etc by now and put them under.[/QUOTE]

I am still confused, does this mean that they are going to stop liquidations any time now and keep the store open and reopen the previously closed stores OR just continue the shut down and have only tigerdirect stuff?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am still confused, does this mean that they are going to stop liquidations any time now and keep the store open and reopen the previously closed stores OR just continue the shut down and have only tigerdirect stuff?[/quote]

My best guess is that they continue the liquidation until TD takes over. Keep in mind that TD is only taking over a handful of stores in "decent" markets.

Great, being taken over by a company that charges for both tax and shipping and handling online. BTW I was at one of the florida locations the other day, worse liquidation sale, EVER. As an example, they where selling DOA Xtreme Volley Ball 2 for the 360 for $59.99.

The only thing I'm waiting for from CompUSSR is the LCD picture frames... eventually they will come down in price to where they are cheap... my store has a whole pallet of them and I'm pretty sure the brilliance of the people I've seen in there, will lead them to believe it's an expensive normal picture frame and move on.

[quote name='Advocatus']The only thing I'm waiting for from CompUSSR is the LCD picture frames... eventually they will come down in price to where they are cheap... my store has a whole pallet of them and I'm pretty sure the brilliance of the people I've seen in there, will lead them to believe it's an expensive normal picture frame and move on.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the few things I'm waiting for as well. They have them setup on a table at the front of their store, but their 'sale' price still has them well over $100. Fail.

I went by on Sat and the selection SUCKED. I'm fairly certain they're keeping a bunch of the good stuff in the back because some of the items that have presumably sold are far too expensive to all have gone quickly.

Either way, I'm done check CompUSA, I may swing by a few weeks from now, but the place sucked nut before and it clearly seems like they intend to suck nut going out...

Found a 80 GB PS3, was still 15% off. It was the last one they had, didn't figure it would be there that much longer. So I picked it up, now to pack up the one I just got from Target and return it.

Anyone been there since Sunday? I was wondering if the price of the video games and software has dropped again, it's a bit of a hastle to get there myself and check. Thanks for any info.

[quote name='prateeko']I went by on Sat and the selection SUCKED. I'm fairly certain they're keeping a bunch of the good stuff in the back because some of the items that have presumably sold are far too expensive to all have gone quickly.

Either way, I'm done check CompUSA, I may swing by a few weeks from now, but the place sucked nut before and it clearly seems like they intend to suck nut going out...[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly when I went by this week. ALL the flat screen tvs were mysteriously gone along with all the computer parts. Seemed strange they would sell out at a mere 10% off the over inflated prices they charge.

[quote name='PRMega']That's one of the few things I'm waiting for as well. They have them setup on a table at the front of their store, but their 'sale' price still has them well over $100. Fail.[/quote]
2005952309579251273_rs.jpg

"We believe the value of the CompUSA brand remains very high. The company has a long legacy of value pricing, service and customer loyalty among consumers nationwide,"
-Taken from article.

High in who's mind the unknowing consumer? Value pricing and customer service, I definitely think not. When I went in there on Black Friday there was not one deal. The only deal there was to be was the 500gb external maxtor's which didn't sell out the night before and were no longer on-sale. Value pricing...I think not.

"We believe the value of the CompUSA brand remains very high. The company has a long legacy of value pricing, service and customer loyalty among consumers nationwide,"
-Taken from article.

High in who's mind the unknowing consumer? Value pricing and customer service, I definitely think not. When I went in there on Black Friday there was not one deal. The only deal there was to be was the 500gb external maxtor's which didn't sell out the night before and were no longer on-sale. Value pricing...I think not.

We stopped by our local (Cincinnati) CompUSA to see if they had anything left a couple days ago, and I managed to pick up a guide for Tomb Raider Legends for a penny. It was marked at 40% off but was mispriced in the computer. Both the cashier and the manager just shrugged their shoulders and gave it to me. They still had one left if anyone is in the area and interested in snagging it.

There is a demo PS3 unit that is sitting out there. I am waiting for the next price drop to buy it. I figure it would make a good price Blu-ray player.

[quote name='Ophilia']We stopped by our local (Cincinnati) CompUSA to see if they had anything left a couple days ago, and I managed to pick up a guide for Tomb Raider Legends for a penny. It was marked at 40% off but was mispriced in the computer. Both the cashier and the manager just shrugged their shoulders and gave it to me. They still had one left if anyone is in the area and interested in snagging it.[/quote]

Was that before or after tax?

Stopped by today, signs said everything was 15-30% (except computers and mp3 players). They still had a decent selection of games, including about 40 copies of Resistance for ps3. So I put one, along with the Simpsons Game, and Strangelhold CE behind some of the computer books in hopes they will be passed over until like 40% off games.

bread's done
Back