CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

Mine went to 40-60% today, games at 40%. Was gonna get VF% for the :ps3: but they didn't have it.

Hopefully mine will stay open until I get back into town on Friday.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well that's a shock, so this is the last weekend before Compusa folds?[/quote]

If that applies for all stores, guess I better try one last time to find... something... Hoping to cop a copy of Monster Madness for sure.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well that's a shock, so this is the last weekend before Compusa folds?[/quote]

The store in Columbia said "14 days remaining", so I guess it varies by location. They still had most of the games they had 2 weeks ago, but now 40%. Of course, 40% off of full price is still more expensive than the clearance prices these games have elsewhere.

Best deal? $60 for a used dot-matrix printer missing some parts. Oh, and the bin of random remotes that were $7 last time have gone up to $10.

RUN, DON'T WALK!

Anyone else enjoying a hearty laugh at the CompUSA billboards in Burnout Paradise? I wonder if those will eventually be replaced when you go online.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Anyone else enjoying a hearty laugh at the CompUSA billboards in Burnout Paradise? I wonder if those will eventually be replaced when you go online.[/quote]

As was mentioned somewhere in this lengthy thread and perhaps elsewhere on the board, Systemax, the parent company of Tiger Direct, actually bought the rights to the CompUSA brand and saved a handful of the stores. So, who knows...

CompUSA is going to be TigerDirect's new 'mask' to scam people out of rebates. At this point it looks like a CrazyEDDIE'S in CompUSA, kinda scary... I don't really want to risk buying any of their open-box stuff, they might have a few good games left, but when I went last week they had obviously (in sharpie marker) been marked up in price to 59.99 or higher before discount. Saw a PS3 game listed at 89.99! C'mon down, its CRAZZZZY!

Picked up Zelda: Twilight princess Strategy guide for $8.

Don't have the game yet, but... that might be cheapest

Look at these High Damn prices, even after 40% Off :|

Just cause $24
Stranglehood $36
Blue Dragon $30

I wonder if mine dropped like others i was there a couple days ago at they were still 20-40%.

I want to get a new power supply and they had a few there but the discount only matched to what i could buy it for online.

These I am waiting until they are More off...

Project Sylpheed $15
Rain Vampire $15
NCAA 07 - $18
UEFA - $16 GOOD price?

[quote name='SuperJedi']These I am waiting until they are More off...

UEFA - $16 GOOD price?[/quote]

Only $10 on Amazon.com

Altamonte Springs (n. orlando) FL is also now at 40-60% the store minus pc's and mp3's players of course.

I manged to get my power supply at 50% not bad for one that is normally $249.99.

Baton Rouge 40 to 60% off with discounts taken off MSRP + 80%

Inquired and was told they will be closing in 2 weeks, they dont have crap

I take that back, they had 2 flat panel tvs marked NO PICTURE they wanted 600 bucks each for

40%-60% off at my local store still. Games (PS2/Xbox/360/PS3/PC - didn't notice any wii) are at 40% off. I was about to buy Genji, but after discount it was still $30, so I put it back.

[quote name='monkeydeew']any experience with the gps things? i'm thinking of getting one when they hit 50%. is there a subscription fee?[/quote]

Nope... Atleast mine isn't. I have a Magellan and it has no subscription fees or anything. A GPS system is definitely a worth while investment.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmmm any updates?[/quote]

Like what?

I am going again Today. I didn't go yesterday Hopefully now 10%+

What's funny is there are like 100s of Windows Live Onecare there..... for $50-60

Man, these are gonna be 80% oFF before anyone buy it

Saw a couple of Xbox360's at the CompUSA on colorado in denver. They were 40% off, seemed like a pretty decent deal.

I don't think they should be allowed to advertise 'entire store on sale 40-60% off' and then have pc's only 25% off....

There were a few Q6600 based desktop pc's at around $560 which isn't bad. They'll probably be cheaper next week though.

Jantzen Beach has two sliver PS2's left for 40% off ($77) which seemed like a decent deal. Otherwise, the store has a good selection of PS3. I wouldn't make the trip for other systems. The Tigard store is even more cleaned out. Both are at 40% off. One thign I noticed is that as they condense the stores, the game sections are getting split up. At Jantzen Beach, the wii and DS games are tucked away near the back (where it looks like just fixture storage). At Tigard, it's the PC games that you have to look for to find.

There's stuff to be found in both (Bought a laptop backpack for 40% off) but it takes a great deal of searching... Sign up in Tigard that said 14 days left (On Saturday).

[quote name='sinigord']Saw a couple of Xbox360's at the CompUSA on colorado in denver. They were 40% off, seemed like a pretty decent deal.

I don't think they should be allowed to advertise 'entire store on sale 40-60% off' and then have pc's only 25% off....

There were a few Q6600 based desktop pc's at around $560 which isn't bad. They'll probably be cheaper next week though.[/QUOTE]

40% off a 360 is a good deal. Surprised they made it that far. Anytime a store goes out of business in my area that carries such an expensive item, they are usually gone at the 10%-25% mark. Check to see which lot and power usage it is and when it was made if your going to pick one up. If it isn't one of the newer ones or one of those repackaged ones that weren't selling, then I would skip it.

Anyways... I am going to go ahead and skip the MD close out. It's really not worth it for me to drive nearly an hour up there for crappy left overs.

[quote name='SuperJedi']What's funny is there are like 100s of Windows Live Onecare there..... for $50-60

Man, these are gonna be 80% oFF before anyone buy it[/quote]

especially when i bought my brand new on sale for like $14.99 at Office depot months ago. :lol:

Store in East Gate(Mt Laurel, NJ)had 40% off video games yesterday, so I picked up some before they were gone. I got:

Legend of Heroes 3 PSP- $23.98
dotHack G.U. 1 PS2- $17.98
Atelier Iris 3 PS2- $20.38

the one game I was holding out for though was gone- Soul Nomad & the World Eaters.

Columbia, MD store has 13 days left. Lots of printers and DVD-R's. Games are still 40% off. Magazines and books still 60% off. I'd probably wait until next weekend for any more drops, but I don't see much worth getting.

[quote name='ITDEFX']40% off a 360 is a good deal. Surprised they made it that far. Anytime a store goes out of business in my area that carries such an expensive item, they are usually gone at the 10%-25% mark. Check to see which lot and power usage it is and when it was made if your going to pick one up. If it isn't one of the newer ones or one of those repackaged ones that weren't selling, then I would skip it.

Anyways... I am going to go ahead and skip the MD close out. It's really not worth it for me to drive nearly an hour up there for crappy left overs.[/QUOTE]

well those 360s that guy was talking about were $245 and were returned units that all had the RROD. :)

As usual nothing, but crap. They did throw a bunch of Sony Bravia and LG LCD tvs on the floor when I was at one store today. And all 40% off. Deals weren't too bad, but really not any cheaper than you could get on Amazon.

[quote name='trip1eX']well those 360s that guy was talking about were $245 and were returned units that all had the RROD. :)

As usual nothing, but crap. They did throw a bunch of Sony Bravia and LG LCD tvs on the floor when I was at one store today. And all 40% off. Deals weren't too bad, but really not any cheaper than you could get on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Just cause it RRoD, doesn't mean its useless. Why would the store try to sell return RRoD units when they could ship it to MS for some sort of credit? Anyways you could try to haggle with the management asking for a more of a discount on the unit to bring it down to under 200 bucks because of the RRoD and the fact it was *used*. If you play your cards right you might be able to get a system that is a premium/elite for under 200 bucks, send it back to MS yourself, and in a few weeks you will get the problem corrected by them installing a new heat sink or new system completely.

It's a gamble I know but if it works, it might be worth it in the long run.

[quote name='SuperJedi']What's funny is there are like 100s of Windows Live Onecare there..... for $50-60

Man, these are gonna be 80% oFF before anyone buy it[/quote]

WTF? Now it's like Half gone?

For only 50% off?

Look in the Best Buy Ads, Morons!!!

[quote name='sinigord']I don't think they should be allowed to advertise 'entire store on sale 40-60% off' and then have pc's only 25% off....
[/quote]

Yeah...

Sue Sue SUE!!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Just cause it RRoD, doesn't mean its useless. Why would the store try to sell return RRoD units when they could ship it to MS for some sort of credit? Anyways you could try to haggle with the management asking for a more of a discount on the unit to bring it down to under 200 bucks because of the RRoD and the fact it was *used*. If you play your cards right you might be able to get a system that is a premium/elite for under 200 bucks, send it back to MS yourself, and in a few weeks you will get the problem corrected by them installing a new heat sink or new system completely.

It's a gamble I know but if it works, it might be worth it in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Nice story there, but all based on what ifs. I'm looking for a deal not a lottery ticket.

[quote name='trip1eX']Nice story there, but all based on what ifs. I'm looking for a deal not a lottery ticket.[/QUOTE]

yea but one has to try right?

Picked up Rock Band (game only) for 360 for 40% off. The store had been picked over pretty bad, and they still had some items priced over Amazon.com (particularly Macintosh stuff).

[quote name='ITDEFX']40% off a 360 is a good deal. Surprised they made it that far. Anytime a store goes out of business in my area that carries such an expensive item, they are usually gone at the 10%-25% mark. Check to see which lot and power usage it is and when it was made if your going to pick one up. If it isn't one of the newer ones or one of those repackaged ones that weren't selling, then I would skip it.

Anyways... I am going to go ahead and skip the MD close out. It's really not worth it for me to drive nearly an hour up there for crappy left overs.[/quote]

I saw those yesterday....

Are the PC's goinna stay at 25% off the entire time? or will the discount go up as the days left go down?

there was also a Q6600 pc being sold As-Is for 40% off... it just didnt have any ram, and a mouse & Keyboard. for $450. and it had 2 optical drives.
I think I'll pick it up if it's still there when the next price drop happens.

[quote name='Cameronie']I saw those yesterday....

Are the PC's goinna stay at 25% off the entire time? or will the discount go up as the days left go down?

there was also a Q6600 pc being sold As-Is for 40% off... it just didnt have any ram, and a mouse & Keyboard. for $450. and it had 2 optical drives.
I think I'll pick it up if it's still there when the next price drop happens.[/quote]

I saw a few laptops I would be interested in, too, if they drop below just 25% off.

My main target is Guild Wars: Factions and Eye of the North, though. Still at 40% at the local stores right now, but they close in 12 days, so assuming the next drop is soon I'm going to take advantage of it.

[quote name='trip1eX']Nice story there, but all based on what ifs. I'm looking for a deal not a lottery ticket.[/quote]

Just about any 360 you buy is a "lottery ticket". Used, new. If it was manufactured with x-clamps (all of them) and doesn't have an actual heatsink on the RAM (all of them), it stands a chance to RRoD. The newer models with the extra heatsink (x-s has a way to spot them without opening the case), stand a much better chance to not suffer the RRoD, but doesn't mean they are "proof".

I would encourage you to either pick up one with the additional heatsink, or find someone in your area that does repairs, if you don't want to excersize a warranty. Most people don't seem to get frustrated with MS' warranty until they're on thier 4th or 5th 360.

Feel free to ask me any questions, however.

$245 is a bit steep, though, depending what it came with.

5 Days LEFT!!! Still 40-60% OFF :|

10% MORE, Greedy BASTARDS!!!

4 Days BETTER be 50%-70%+

2 Days BETTER be 60-80%+

Last Day BETTER be 70-90%+

My local CUSA had a sign posted on Saturday: 14 days left. I thought they might have hung the sign when they posted the signage for the increased discounts (Thursday?), so I asked an employee when they were closing and he pointed to the sign.

I came back Sunday and they still had the 14 days sign up.

So take any closing date info with a grain of salt. It may be a little like a local linen store, which has been having a "lost our lease!" closing sale for the last two years (although it's clear that CUSA is actually closing).

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea but one has to try right?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. And I did. I went down there and didn't see a deal to my liking. :p

Saying I should haggle over a broken 360 because maybe they would lower their price and maybe in the long run the 360 would be worth it is a big maybe!!!!

Maybe you should start an advice website. It might be worth it for you in the long run.

And remember you can't say no to that because then you're not trying. lol.

Ok I'm giving you a hard time, but I didn't ask for advice especially from folks that didn't walk into the store like I did and see the 360s that I did and talk to the clerk like I did. :p

i've been to a couple stores at the 14 days left and 5 days left, marked to the 40-60% with signs saying no further discounts- whether that is a bluff or not is hard to tell.

they told me before christmas there was not a chance things were going below what the discount was then so I wouldn't believe it

I finally found something that I wanted at the Boulder, CO store - an external SATA/USB drive enclosure. 30% off brought it to $21, which is a good deal given that it also comes with an eSATA cable/bracket combo.

I should have picked up the Canon 40D bundle at 20% off when I had the chance as I could have sold the 28-135 and gotten the 40D body for a solid price, but it was gone the last time that I was there.

[quote name='vherub']i've been to a couple stores at the 14 days left and 5 days left, marked to the 40-60% with signs saying no further discounts- whether that is a bluff or not is hard to tell.[/quote]

I bought an item today at 40% off. It had a tag on it for when it was 30% off, with that "no further discounts" verbiage. Whatever. I suspect they will do what they have to do to get rid of the stuff.

Not sure if this is allowed, but if someone could find COD4 for $25-ish after discount, please think of me. My brother (13) got a 360 for Xmas and this is the only game he has that he plays online. While i told my mother i'd rather not let him play online based on have the shit i say, she still bought him XBL gold so i might as well watch his back.

bread's done
Back