CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

[quote name='SynGamer']Not sure if this is allowed, but if someone could find COD4 for $25-ish after discount, please think of me. My brother (13) got a 360 for Xmas and this is the only game he has that he plays online. While i told my mother i'd rather not let him play online based on have the shit i say, she still bought him XBL gold so i might as well watch his back.[/quote]

all the good games are gone by now. all that's left at this point at the compusa's that i've been too are old beginning of the xbox 360's time (kameo) or overpriced crappy games

The Problem with CompUSAa " going out of business " sale is that they raise all the prices back up to retail then discount them. So really your not getting any kinda deals that you couldnt get elsewhere. If they were really serious about getting rid of items and closing stores...they would have dropped the prices and then gave discounts on that.

Most of the time when i go into the compusa stores I see about 5-8 people wandering around and no one buying.

This is why the store went out of business in the first place

The Problem with CompUSAa " going out of business " sale is that they raise all the prices back up to retail then discount them. So really your not getting any kinda deals that you couldnt get elsewhere. If they were really serious about getting rid of items and closing stores...they would have dropped the prices and then gave discounts on that.

That's not how a liquidation works, though, especially with a large corporation like CompUSA. They are no longer interested in moving any of the stuff. They already did. A large liquidator came in and bought up their stock. For all intents and purposes, CompUSA no longer exists (well, Systemax owns the name and a few stores now). The liquidator wants to spin the largest profit possible off of what they have, so they raise the prices back and slash from there. The rubes will still buy, though, because they see "% off" and think there is an actual deal to be had.

Well I check on prices on everything before I buy anything from this closing sale. I bought a few video games for 40%... "Skate" ($36), "Wartech: Senko no Ronde" ($6) and I picked up MotoGP (PSP - $24) for my buddy.

I saw "Earth Defense Force 2017" but it was listed at $40, which of course even after the 40% off it's still $5 more than elsewhere.

I also picked up 1600 MS pts for $12. They didn't let me pick up any Gold Subscription cards because the manager guy said they called MS and deactivated them. Is that possible? I mean theoretically they could do that but is it likely?

[quote name='egonpax']
I also picked up 1600 MS pts for $12. They didn't let me pick up any Gold Subscription cards because the manager guy said they called MS and deactivated them. Is that possible? I mean theoretically they could do that but is it likely?[/QUOTE]

That's bullshit. They were probably keeping it for themselves. Small things like that can easily go *missing* so who the fuck cares?

I also picked up 1600 MS pts for $12. They didn't let me pick up any Gold Subscription cards because the manager guy said they called MS and deactivated them. Is that possible? I mean theoretically they could do that but is it likely?

LOL...that honestly doesn't even make any sense. Why would they get them "deactivated?" I'm with the other guy. I bet they were just going to buy them.

[quote name='ITDEFX']That's bullshit. They were probably keeping it for themselves. Small things like that can easily go *missing* so who the fuck cares?[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. There were a whole bunch of 1 month subs and two 12 month subs (original xbox) hidden in the back along with the 1600 pts. They let me have the pts but not the subs.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']LOL...that honestly doesn't even make any sense. Why would they get them "deactivated?" I'm with the other guy. I bet they were just going to buy them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to stand there and argue. I mean the only way they could theoretically deactivate them is to open the package and get the 20-odd numbers and then call MS to cancel. Jerks.

[quote name='egonpax']They didn't let me pick up any Gold Subscription cards because the manager guy said they called MS and deactivated them. Is that possible? I mean theoretically they could do that but is it likely?[/quote]

I haven't bought a card at retail (except as part of a boxed package) but I thought all the recent Live cards had to be activated at checkout. Presumably, that's why so many stores (Best Buy, CC) just have them out on the racks - they/MS aren't too concerned about someone pocketing one, because they're worthless until they're activated at purchase. If this is the case, the manager's story doesn't seem to make sense; maybe he called so MS could prevent them from being activated.

Did it update today? It was 40-60% last night.

I did get some 60-day timecards for LOTR online. I don't play, but figured someone else could use them.

I might just run to COMPUSA right now to see what's left.

I was hesitate, but it's probably going to be very poor selection if I wait anymore.

There are going to be things I don't want until it's at least 70-90%, but some of the things I can settle for 50% I guess.

I was in CompUSA saturday and they had the 2000 Wii point cards for $24 with 40% off that brought it down to appx. $14. I go back again yesterday and they had the same cards at, get this, $39 with 40% off that brought it down to $23. I pointed out to the person in charge that the cards cost $20 dollars regular price and that even at $24 they had marked it up and now at $23 after 40% off they cost more then at other stores. She said that the prices were set by the liquidators and there was nothing they could do about it. I just shook my head and commented how these liquidation sales are such a rip off.

One of our 2 stores here closed this past Sunday.

The other is open until Mar. 2 and are 40 - 60%

CompUsa by me is still at 40-60% off its slowly emptying out. I am waiting for it to hit 50% or 60% off. They still have a couple copies of Guild Wars Faction and NightFall left.

One thing I am watching is the Energizer portable outlets. At 40% off they are $60, cheaper than anywhere else.

I picked one up and it works great for my laptop. Supposedly adds 2 hrs of portable power.

My compusa never really had any good deals. Like 20% off software/games and 5% off laptops (woohoo!!). I went by yesterday and now it says closed for remodelling? Does anyone know if the compusa in Clearwater is one of the stores the new owners is going to reopen?

Stranglehood worth $30?

Tabula Rasa Keyset for just $10 ain't bad!?

Home Inventory Manager $15

When they say No more deductions, are they usually Honest about that?

Also, WHAT comes in those Comcast High Speed Internet Self-install kits, they are for $8?

My guess is they WON'T sell those that say "NO more deductions" because they compare it to other places and don't find it cheaper... So, if it doesn't sell they are gonna send it to TigerDirect perhaps?

They also have 90 day Sony Online cards for like $25 now...
Which is pretty deal, if you are into the MMO Sony games!!!

[quote name='SuperJedi']My guess is they WON'T sell those that say "NO more deductions" because they compare it to other places and don't find it cheaper... So, if it doesn't sell they are gonna send it to TigerDirect perhaps?

They also have 90 day Sony Online cards for like $25 now...
Which is pretty deal, if you are into the MMO Sony games!!![/QUOTE]

Wish mine still had Sony and/or WoW cards, they were all sold out when it hit 30% .. we're around 40% now though.

[quote name='bassec']Two Worlds at $35.99 was a real steal!!! 40% that great starting price of $59.99.

Ugh.[/quote]

Not to mention that it's a cheap oblivion rip-off, or if that was otherwise implied consider this irrelevant.

Edit: Also does any one know if there's anything good left in Newport News, VA. I'll go check for myself , I was curious if some one else had already been there.

Nearest store still at 40-60%. As they sell stuff they move the remaining stuff closer to the entrance and barricade the rest of the store with furniture, etc. It's like the Death Star trash compactor.

How much is PDZ worth? For some reason I thought it reviewed lower than where it's at, 81%. GameSpot gave it a 9!

So far I have gotten

Contra 4 40% = $18
Blue Dragon 50% = $25
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 50% = $20
Jeanne D'Arc 50% = $15
Bounty Hounds 70% = $5.90
Soul Nomad 70% = $12

I got Soul Nomad and Legend of Heroes III yesterday for $24 each. Games were just 40% off. They didn't have much to choose from. It's been picked over pretty well. The store didn't have much left. They had over half the store blocked off by racks with laptops. There really wasn't anything else worth getting there.

[quote name='Otherguy676']So far I have gotten

Contra 4 40% = $18
Blue Dragon 50% = $25
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 50% = $20
Jeanne D'Arc 50% = $15
Bounty Hounds 70% = $5.90
Soul Nomad 70% = $12[/quote]

HOW is Blue Dragon?

I got best of RPG games collection, Everquest Collection $7.50 EACH (For PC). Last left, but hey, I am into those!

[quote name='Bstiff']My compusa never really had any good deals. Like 20% off software/games and 5% off laptops (woohoo!!). I went by yesterday and now it says closed for remodelling? Does anyone know if the compusa in Clearwater is one of the stores the new owners is going to reopen?[/quote]
I don't know if it's one of the ones that is going to reopen, but that's the store I went to if it's by US 19 and Sunset Point.

I think our nearby store closes in 10 days. Went there on Monday, and all the games were still just 40% with laptops being 25%. I'm going to be checking in over the next week and a half, and when the percentage goes up I'm probably going to try to grab Guild Wars: Factions, and maybe a laptop to replace our living room desktop computer (with my man cave desktop being the gaming comp, our living room one is almost strictly internet).

My store closes this Sunday and was still only 40-60 percent off everything on Monday (With almost everything being 40 percent off. And with the exception of games, 40 percent off jacked up prices.)

EDIT: Just did a google search and discovered my store is gonna be one of the reopening stores. Hope they do a better job than the last one (Great location, but constantly empty ever since it opened a couple years ago.)

[quote name='PaulG']My store closes this Sunday and was still only 40-60 percent off everything on Monday (With almost everything being 40 percent off. And with the exception of games, 40 percent off jacked up prices.)

EDIT: Just did a google search and discovered my store is gonna be one of the reopening stores. Hope they do a better job than the last one (Great location, but constantly empty ever since it opened a couple years ago.)[/quote]
I'm hoping that even if it still says 40-60% off with a couple of days left, I'll be able to go in and make an offer on whatever I want and they'll take it. Even the game prices are a bit jacked up at my local stores, though; Guild Wars: Factions, for instance, is $49.99, whereas I think it's down to $29.99 or so everywhere else.

Store by is still at 40-60% no word yet when it will go up again. I spoke to a security guard there and they told me that there really is no exact date for when it closes just that they need to get rid of everything in the store.

Compusa in Clearwater is going to reopen as......................Compusa(!). From what I was told, Tiger Direct likes the Compusa name and the only difference is that they are going to match online prices. Brandon and South Tampa are apparently getting reopen also.

As for Blud Dragon, I stll have it sealed. I was kicking myself because Blue Dragon made it to 70% off and still wasn't bought the hour I was there that morning. I also picked up a Sprint Wireless anywhere card for $20 and a Magellan GPS for $67.50 (both 70% off). I have only opened and played Contra 4 so far and that game was def worth it. I will probably try DQMJ and may sell Blue Dragon because I have law school coming up and don have time to play it.

[quote name='Monroeski']I'm hoping that even if it still says 40-60% off with a couple of days left, I'll be able to go in and make an offer on whatever I want and they'll take it. Even the game prices are a bit jacked up at my local stores, though; Guild Wars: Factions, for instance, is $49.99, whereas I think it's down to $29.99 or so everywhere else.[/quote]

Factions is the only game im trying to pick up at this sale but there were at least 10 when i was there a few days ago.

Some of Those "No more Discounts" stuff are completely BS.

YES, they could go Lower, IMO. Very few people are buying it.

Hope NO ONE buys those until the Last DAY, so see what Compusa do. Discount more or keep it that price like they said.

[quote name='bassec']Two Worlds at $35.99 was a real steal!!! 40% that great starting price of $59.99.

Ugh.[/quote]

I want to get the Collector Edition, Amazon had it for $40 for a while, but went back UP! :bomb:

That BABE is SO HOT, they should used her on the Cover, and I gurantee the game would be SOLD before $36

Damn Game publishers forgot that Sex SELLS ??? :roll:

I'm going to the one in Latham, NY today. I'll tell you guys if I find anything. Really hoping for a good deal on a GPS and some cheap games.

Ugh.[/quote]

Ha, you can get it used from Gamefly.com for $20.

[quote name='Samus']I'm going to the one in Latham, NY today. I'll tell you guys if I find anything. Really hoping for a good deal on a GPS and some cheap games.[/quote]

i saw a crap load of jvc px9bn gps but the reviews on cnet were poor. there was also one px9sn but i havent found any info on that one. there was one magellan but i didnt write down the model :( hollar if you find something good! are the cell phone gps things worth while?

[quote name='Samus']I'm going to the one in Latham, NY today. I'll tell you guys if I find anything. Really hoping for a good deal on a GPS and some cheap games.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Troy...keep us posted if there's anything good, and I'll try to swing by this weekend :)

[quote name='PaulG']
EDIT: Just did a google search and discovered my store is gonna be one of the reopening stores. Hope they do a better job than the last one (Great location, but constantly empty ever since it opened a couple years ago.)[/quote]

Is there a list of the ones that are going to reopen?

bread's done
Back