CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Children of Men is already on DVD?????[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I never even saw a release date.

Malik - love the avatar.:applause:

[quote name='shieryda']My thoughts exactly. I never even saw a release date.

Malik - love the avatar.:applause:[/quote]

Isn't it out already in UK/England (PAL DVD)?

[quote name='io']The store on Airport Way in Portland is only at 10% off. But I did find 2 games for $4.48 each (after discount): Ape Escape On the Loose (PSP) and College Hoops 2K6 (360). Neither was marked correctly but on a hunch I had them price checked. All the employees were doing in the store was comparing resumes and talking about where they've applied :roll:.[/quote]

have you tried the one at janzen beach? Us portland folks should try and keep each other posted on finds..

-ben

[quote name='subieracer']have you tried the one at janzen beach? Us portland folks should try and keep each other posted on finds..

-ben[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Janzen beach store isn't going out of business.

Got back from the Mission Viejo, CA store. Just 10% off most everything so far. Pretty dead.

Overpriced merchandise and LOTS of guys in red shirts just standing around and talking. Wonder why they're going out of business?

[quote name='thericochet']Got back from the Mission Viejo, CA store. Just 10% off most everything so far. Pretty dead.

Overpriced merchandise and LOTS of guys in red shirts just standing around and talking. Wonder why they're going out of business?[/quote]

CompUSA is also going out of business because the HR managers are "geniuses" at hiring the wrong people. In other words, most of the people they hire don't have a clue about computers. Poor customer service spells disaster.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']LMAO. For the longest time there was a furniture store near me that had a store liquidating inventory going out of business banner for several YEARS.[/QUOTE]

this is a common occurence at Furniture and Mattress stores

[quote name='chicagoz']Isn't it out already in UK/England (PAL DVD)?[/quote]

Not sure. Dvdpricesearch.com and Netflix have a release date of 3/27.:???:

anyone check out CompUsa, Las Vegas Henderson location yet. Just wanted to know if they have PS3 on sale

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Do most Comp USAs sell TVs? I wouldn't mind getting a decent deal on an HDTV through the closing.[/quote]

They do. I saw some sweet big-ass HDTVs outside Chicago for 20% off. Many of them were the last models on the floor, though.

[quote name='nonggame']anyone check out CompUsa, Las Vegas Henderson location yet. Just wanted to know if they have PS3 on sale[/quote]

yeah....ive been in there twice since the closing sale......only things i found decent were HD-DVD prices with 20% off.....all the game stuff is 10% off still....i didnt see any consoles in there

Dorian... I'm going to the one in Troy today to see what they have for HD-DVDs. I'll report back with anything I can find.

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Children of Men is already on DVD?????[/QUOTE]

No, not until 3/27. But that, along with Heroes in August and Battlestar in September has me seriously considering the HD-DVD add-on. If I they have it and it has a decent discount, of course.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']Dorian... I'm going to the one in Troy today to see what they have for HD-DVDs. I'll report back with anything I can find.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to stop by Novi tonight after work... they were never known for selection on anything other than PC parts though.

[quote name='shieryda']They do. I saw some sweet big-ass HDTVs outside Chicago for 20% off. Many of them were the last models on the floor, though.[/quote]

I would pass on a TV froom COMPUSA unless you can get it for maybe 50% or more off. Remember - these are being sold AS IS, they have high prices on televisions anyways so getting one for 10-20% is about the same as getting one on sale at Best Buy or CC (w/ Warranty)...plus, you are getting older inventory...

I went to the Brookfield WI store yesterday.
Most of the stuff was only 10% off.
They had no GC games.
They still had a good selection of Ps2 games,X-box acessories and Wii games.
They had one copy of GTA:Trilogy for Ps2 for $29.99 before the discount.

I notice there was a Xbox360 core and psp on top of a cabinet behind the customer return counter, but no systems on the floor.

I also looked at their computer parts and that stuff would have to be off at least 30% before it becomes competitive with the normal discount sales at other stores.

The only thing that was 20% off were movies.

I didn't buy anything there but I did stop at a near by ebgames and got used complete copies of We Love Katamai for $27 and Panzar Dragoon Orta for $8. So my trip wasn't a complete waste of time.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']I'm going to stop by Novi tonight after work... they were never known for selection on anything other than PC parts though.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the Novi store, and it's exactly like bubblebobble's store. Almost everything is 10% off except for DVDs which are 20% off.

No consoles in sight, and no 360 HD-DVD add-on either, which is what I was looking for. But I probably wouldn't have bought it for only 10% off, anyway. They did have a good selection of games, mostly Wii, 360, PS2 and PC. But it's hardly worth it at only 10% off.

They didn't have any HD-DVDs, but they did have quite a few Blu-ray discs.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I just got back from the Novi store, and it's exactly like bubblebobble's store. Almost everything is 10% off except for DVDs which are 20% off. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me the trip out there... Maybe I'll check the Dearborn store after work then.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Thanks for saving me the trip out there... Maybe I'll check the Dearborn store after work then.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Let me know if you see the 360 HD-DVD add-on at the Dearborn store.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I would pass on a TV froom COMPUSA unless you can get it for maybe 50% or more off. Remember - these are being sold AS IS, they have high prices on televisions anyways so getting one for 10-20% is about the same as getting one on sale at Best Buy or CC (w/ Warranty)...plus, you are getting older inventory...[/QUOTE]

You will also see some 'repacking' going on.... they will try to pack up whatever is laying around the floor/stockroom and pawn it off as new.

50% of all Comp USA are closing in the US. With liquidatoins starting now also i got a pick of trauma center under the knife for 20 bucks:)

to those of you looking for systems:

you will have to ask if they have any of system "X". they will most likely not be on the floor.

just wanted to clarify that. it seems like some people are assuming they are out of a system because it isn't on the floor. just ask so you don't accidentally miss out on the deal!

[quote name='DomLando']My Comp USA is only doing 10% off games.[/QUOTE]
Then your CompUSA is one of the 50% of CompUSAs that are closing, accoring to the OP

[quote name='cleaver']Then your CompUSA is one of the 50% of CompUSAs that are closing, accoring to the OP[/QUOTE]
Haha yeah I read that wrong. Thought OP said they got 50% off.

[quote name='DomLando']Haha yeah I read that wrong. Thought OP said they got 50% off.[/QUOTE]
Me too I went straight to the regional threads then I reread

Me either, theres is a link to which stores are closing, but nothing showing what exactly is on clearance.

[quote name='Kuros']Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find the "list clearance items" link.[/QUOTE]

I looked at it for my store before, but it now seems to have disappeared.

[quote name='Teknoman']Me either, theres is a link to which stores are closing, but nothing showing what exactly is on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Everything is being clearances at varying percentages off. There is no longer a list online (at least for the stores I looked for by googling "COMPUSA blowout ").

I went to the CompUSAs on Route 17 in Paramus, NJ and saw a nice selection of games at craptacular prices. One had Dungeion Seige (PSP) marked at $54.99.

What was even funnier, at least in my sick and angry opinion, is when I had to use their bathroom (had some bad Taco Bell for lunch) their toilet wouldn't flush.:hot: :hot: :hot: I guess its my going away present.....

I'm going to the Grand Rapids store on 28th street after work just to browse. I'll report any findings. I wish the savings were more on this deal maybe I'll get lucky and they will have a Wii 20% off LOL!

don't know if it was mentioned yet... but i just came back from my local going out of business compusa and the guy mentioned that tomorrow is the day they increase the discount percentage... it might be YMMV.

You know, if we CAGs ebayed our game collections, cashed in our credit at FYE, Gamerush, Gamestop and Gamecrazy... we could form a liquidation company and buy whole chains going under and divvy the inventory up ourselves...

First Tower and now CompUSA... the craptastic liquidation clearance sales continue...

Just an update on mine at least (Easton in Columbus, OH), the discounting has progressed from 10-20% to 10-30%, which is still not great but is one step closer to actual deals. All games are still 10%, though clearenced stuff now applies apparently.

The game selection there is still packed, so hopefully it gets to a price level worth it.

[quote name='MysterD']Hmmm....looks like the one in Braintree, MA's going out of business, too....[/quote]

The only one not closing is the one in Holyoke, MA

how do i check if my store is closing? its a little too far for me to go there and when i type my zip code in the store locator thing, it doesnt show up...

Checked the local CompUSA and markdowns are now 10-30%. MP3 players and computers are still 5%, movies are 20%, computer cables are 30%, video games and consoles are still at 10%.

bread's done
Back