CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

At our store they started at 10 - 20% off (10 for notebooks, desktops, mp3 players). Now its 10 to 50% off (with notebooks, desktops and mp3 players still at 10%) with 2 weeks to go before we close. The funny thing is people are still buying notebooks at that discount even though tax is almost 9% where I live, so they're basically saving 1%.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']At our store they started at 10 - 20% off (10 for notebooks, desktops, mp3 players). Now its 10 to 50% off (with notebooks, desktops and mp3 players still at 10%) with 2 weeks to go before we close. The funny thing is people are still buying notebooks at that discount even though tax is almost 9% where I live, so they're basically saving 1%.[/QUOTE]

Ummm wouldn't they pay 9% tax if it were still price?

$100 with 9% tax is $109
$90 at 9% tax is $98.10

Seems a bit more than a 1% discount.

i wondered why this thread popped back up! Looks like all the Missouri stores are going bye-bye. Time to build that system and/or expand my 360/PSP collection....excellent.

[quote name='sallyballs']Ummm wouldn't they pay 9% tax if it were still price?

$100 with 9% tax is $109
$90 at 9% tax is $98.10

Seems a bit more than a 1% discount.[/quote]

Shhhhh, maybe he'll miss the sale.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yes. All stores in Northern VA are being closed down. I did confirm this with one of it's employees. So if your store is no longer listed, then it's going to go. Wow, they moved very quickly with the web site. Hell Tower/SG took care of the web site store locater later then this early .[/quote]

Well, I just looked up the stores in my area (Detroit) and none of them are listed anymore. Looks like I'll be paying my local store a visit after work today. It's too bad, but I never really buy anything there anyway.

I was there by chance 3 days ago and the managers special display was real weak. FF 360 $24.98 and PSP games for 27.98. Just Weak. Im wondering if this 1st day of March will bring better fruit? Im debating the trip.

My local one was 10% off today.

A guy said the liquidators were coming in to price items soon. So I will repeat what someone else said, if you have been waiting on clearance items now may be the time to get them as there is a chance the clearance items will be marked up once the liquidators come in.

I actually saw evidence of this with some in town. One store inventory system was showing GBA systems for $4.98. After verifying that they had them over the phone, when I arrived I was told they were transferred to another store (which was closing). So I went to that one and the systems were priced at $60 with a % off.

[quote name='Xerxes']Has anybody been today yet.[/quote]
I went to the Webster, TX location today. Not much to report. The games that you would expect to be cheap were but nothing was priced less then what you could find on Amazon.

[quote name='Xerxes']Has anybody been today yet.[/quote]

Yeah, signs said 10-20% but I cold not find anything 20% off. I wanted to price check a 360 game a and a Wii game and the guy at the register said I would be required to buy it to see my discount. ??? I was like what the hell? We went back and fourth for a few minutes and then a woman came up with a huge book of discounts - 99% of the store was 10% off. She then told him to start scanning the stuff and then just void the sale if the don't want it. What a crock... even going of business they are confused and cop attitude.

the guy at the register said I would be required to buy it to see my discount

WTfuckFING Hell? What kind Business practices are happening nowadays? :roll: Im sure most of these like BB and this in case break retail state laws. I used to carry them in my pocket when I encountered asshats and whipped it out. Maybe I should print them out again and carry them.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']WTfuckFING Hell? What kind Business practices are happening nowadays? :roll: Im sure most of these like BB and this in case break retail state laws. I used to carry them in my pocket when I encountered asshats and whipped it out. Maybe I should print them out again and carry them.[/quote]

Speaking as someone who has worked retail before, what the cashier probably meant was that the discount is unknown until it's rung up and the entire purchase is totalled. Every retail place I've ever worked at had stupid shit programmed into the registers that everyone, including the managers, found to be an absolute annoyance. In high school I worked at a place that wouldn't let the employees "undo" an item that had been rung up if the customer changed their mind; a manager had to be called to insert a key and we just had to stand there until he made it up to the register.

[quote name='Vegan']Speaking as someone who has worked retail before, what the cashier probably meant was that the discount is unknown until it's rung up and the entire purchase is totalled. Every retail place I've ever worked at had stupid shit programmed into the registers that everyone, including the managers, found to be an absolute annoyance. In high school I worked at a place that wouldn't let the employees "undo" an item that had been rung up if the customer changed their mind; a manager had to be called to insert a key and we just had to stand there until he made it up to the register.[/quote]

He was pretty set on me buying it before I could see the price. He kept saying 'Do you understand what I am saying... when I scan it you will be buying it. I can't tell you the discount until after you buy it.' Since I only had the 2 games I was like yeah sure... and I'm thinking what fun it will be to just walk out after he gives me a total. The only reason I even approached him was because someone on here said the 'next gen' games were 20% already. It was the Melbourne, FL store - anyone in the area should go mess with them.

Ran over to the Bridgeton, MO store, and they were putting up signage.

Laptops and other computers were 5% off, some stuff was 10% off, other stuff 20%. Hit or miss on what's what, though I'm expecting that after tomorrow, all the signage should be up.

Hit one of the Sacramento, CA area stores and seemed like most stuff was at 10% off. Did pick up Full Spectrum: Ten Hammers and Painkiller for XBOX for $5 each and Prey 360 for $20 though, since they were in the clearance bin the 10% didn't apply.

As expected, the clearance isn't anything special in the early going. Video game stuff is at 10%, while the rest of the store ranges from 5 to 20% off.

That said, I got a few "blowout" leftovers from the clearance bin:

Tron 2.0: Brady Games Guide: $2.38 (2.98 - 20%)
Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (GC): $0.88 (0.98 - 10%)

Yeah. That's dead right. My friend used to work at a CompUSA (in Auburn Hills, MI, off I-75 exit 80). They fired him shortly after he got a 2nd job, two weeks before Christmas. He's been saying since July how the store is going to close. The store has since been looking worse and worse, and that one in our area has fired most all of its employees. As of 2-3 weeks ago the managers have been doing cashier work. They have a couple sales people. No stock boys, etc. Then a couple days ago he tells me it is closing, along with all the stores in the Metro Detroit area with the exception of the one in Lansing.

Went to CompUSA today @ San Bernardino, CA...

Nothing.. although there were signs posted that they would not be honoring their "weekly-ads."

Went to the one Comp USA in town. Jack squat as far as games goes. It doesn't look lie it's closing down and there wasn't even a 10% off of games. Everything was still jacked up.

[quote name='lawdood']Hit one of the Sacramento, CA area stores and seemed like most stuff was at 10% off. Did pick up Full Spectrum: Ten Hammers and Painkiller for XBOX for $5 each and Prey 360 for $20 though, since they were in the clearance bin the 10% didn't apply.[/quote]

Which sacto one you go to. I went to the one by arden fair and there and most stuff was 10%. Apple stuff was a measly 5%.

[quote name='NGOChocolate']Picked up March Madness 06 (Xbox) for .98 Cents at a Comp USA in NYC.

Thanks.[/quote] But that location is not closing.

[quote name='buurrnn']Which sacto one you go to. I went to the one by arden fair and there and most stuff was 10%. Apple stuff was a measly 5%.[/quote]

Roseville

stopped by the compusa in henderson, nv tonight and all the games were 10% off and all movies were 20% off....picked up The Last Samurai and Million Dollar baby HD-DVD's for $16 each

I went to Arden Sacto also and they are definitely closing. Only the SF store in norcal is staying open to my knowledge. No deals to be found, all the games I checked were regular price - 10%.

Went and grabbed the clearance game I've been meaning to get for a while. Ridge Racer 6 (360) for $15. They also took 10% off, for a nice total of $13.50+ tax. (this was at the Monroeville, PA location, and they had 2 copies left).

I'll miss the store. Got plenty of odd, very good deals over the years there. And now I'll have to get my printer ink at Office Depot, which isn't nearly as fun.

I just read the paper and in SoCal today they are officially beginning the liquidation. It says everything in store is discounted. There were about 15-20 stores listed for SoCal.

The other day I was talking to a CompUSA employee and she mentioned that they should be "out" of the building in 60 to 90 days. So I guess we have to wait a bit for the TOTAL LIQUIDATION pricing (if supply permits ofcourse)

yeah...as it gets closer i will be checking more frequently....they had king kong for $17 before 10% discount and also ridge racer 6...hopefully (since i dont think many people shop there to begin with) as it gets closer to their last day the video games will get heavier discounts

Will all the stores closing nationally close at once? When Is that day? Otherwise its poking my ugly face in that store several times a week for weeks/months?

[quote name='zandrolouie']I just read the paper and in SoCal today they are officially beginning the liquidation. It says everything in store is discounted. There were about 15-20 stores listed for SoCal.

The other day I was talking to a CompUSA employee and she mentioned that they should be "out" of the building in 60 to 90 days. So I guess we have to wait a bit for the TOTAL LIQUIDATION pricing (if supply permits ofcourse)[/quote]

Ahhh, that's crazy. So many stores closing o_O. I remember going to the one in Burbank just to use the internet :p (i'd clear my history of course)
I even applied for a job there a couple years back, glad they didn't take me ;)

Picked up Prey Collectors Edition for 17.99 and a GBA Micro for 26.99.

These prices were only 10% off but they were the last ones and probably would not last.

The employees were clueless as to when the items would get a higher discount and said to check back in a week.

The employees did say that the merchandise would not be shipped back to any other stores and would be discounted until everything was sold.

Yeah, Columbus store at Easton is 10% on games right now, 20% at most on some parts of the store, some parts 5%. Maybe after a week or two it'll get down to deal type levels.

Hit up the Highland Park, IL store. It has been very good to me over the years--endless supply of sealed, non-gh MGS2, a couple sealed non-gh FFX's, KOF00/01 for $10, Fatal Frame 2 for $10 etc.

Thought I would get one last hurrah as they had 3 XBL 12 Month Starter kits listed on their clearance site for 98 cents! But they were nowhere to be found at the store :( so I picked up Victorious Boxers 2 instead for $9. not too shabby.

Just a FYI for anyone who's looking for the inventory blowout but your store has been removed from the site. Go to google.com and type in COMPUSA YOUR STORE CITY NAME HERE blowout. Then once it finds the old page click on cached pages to find the last inventory list. I found all of my locations but some were about a week old. But at least it gives you something to go off of when you're looking for some deals on games or other cheap stuff that probably has at least 10% additional off. Good luck

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Just a FYI for anyone who's looking for the inventory blowout but your store has been removed from the site. Go to google.com and type in COMPUSA YOUR STORE CITY NAME HERE blowout. Then once it finds the old page click on cached pages to find the last inventory list. I found all of my locations but some were about a week old. But at least it gives you something to go off of when you're looking for some deals on games or other cheap stuff that probably has at least 10% additional off. Good luck[/QUOTE]

yea I had my store blow out list bookmarked but damn, they removed it. We need to sticky this thread somehow to watch the percentages off.

The CompUSA in Mesquite TX right now has everything 20-50%, some limitations, only 10% off MP3 players, 20% off Xbox 360 consoles. All games are currently 30% off, as are DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD. Game wise, not a big selection left on DS, PS2, PSP and PC but they a very large 360 selection as well accessories which are also 30% off - i didn't look in the 360 section as i don't own the consoles but they alot as of tonight (Friday March 2). The other CompUSA locations in Dallas & Arlington are only 10-20% right now and it really isn't worth your time for now.

Just a small update that I hadn't seen on the thread yet but the CompUSA website has been updated to show all the stores closing in 60-90 days. When you search for a store there's a small link at the bottom that links you to the list of store closings by state. I'm unfortunate enough to not live in an area whose CompUSAs are remaining open. The closest ones to me are in DC area and I dont feel that at this time it is not best to invest a couple of hours each way and the headaches associated with that area for minor discounts.

Sugar Land, TX is up to 20% off but deals overall weren't that great. 10% off games at the moment with 20% off movies. Most everything else is about 10% off minus Apple products which I was expecting. I figured they would just take things like consoles and Apple products to another stuff and sell them there. Wouldn't they lose less that way? Anyways, I'm holding out until Sunday and going first thing in the morning if I can wake up on time.

[quote name='equest943']Sugar Land, TX is up to 20% off but deals overall weren't that great. 10% off games at the moment with 20% off movies. Most everything else is about 10% off minus Apple products which I was expecting. I figured they would just take things like consoles and Apple products to another stuff and sell them there. Wouldn't they lose less that way? Anyways, I'm holding out until Sunday and going first thing in the morning if I can wake up on time.[/quote]
You'll probably see me out there... The higher the percentage goes, the less good stuff will be there.

Wow, I'm shocked that both CompUSAs near me are closing. One of them doesn't surprise me (smaller store in a strip mall, never very busy) but the one in Burbank shocks me. I guess the competition from Fry's was too much.

bread's done
Back