CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

I work for Compusa, and they are closing over 120 stores. Also, like someone mentioned if you check your zip code online and the stores aren't listed they are closing. I know they are closing every store in Illinois (where I work) except one. What happens is that a liquidator buys the entire stock of each store and then start discounting about 10% each week ( except on notebooks and desktops, they've been 10% for about a month now).

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am about to renew my extended warrenty on my digital camera since it just expired. The Northern VA stores are going under, so how will this affect my extended warranty?[/quote]

I think you just answered your own question...

I just checked my store locator and my stores still show up, whew!
I'm not at all shocked at the closings.
I've been scratching my head at their current marketing strategy.
The weekly ads went from a good amount of software deals to maybe 3 or 4 titles tops and pages and pages of TVs that I have no interest in.
If they happen to put a game in the ad, the price is retail.
The days of the loss leader is over and guess what? I stopped going to the store!

Just one left in NJ...that's ok. At least I can get some good deals on some PC Ram now...hopefully. Also I agree that their Service is horrid. They are lazy employee's with no experience and bad attitude's. Well the ones I ran into were anyway.

All of central Ohio's are closing. THat's kind of a shame, given that I stroll in there from time to time. On a side note, Ridge Racer 6 is down to $15 at mine. Any idea when these clearances are going to start up?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']All of central Ohio's are closing. THat's kind of a shame, given that I stroll in there from time to time. On a side note, Ridge Racer 6 is down to $15 at mine. Any idea when these clearances are going to start up?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it will be tagged 59.99 and the discounts will start all over again... right? That is what these companies do.

[quote name='Xerxes']Is a $129.99 PSP really a deal?[/quote]

Yes, I consider that a deal. Verified? That's a solid discount from $199, particularly right out of the gate. Maybe they're swimming in them.

[quote name='toadielurks']You probably already know this but the CompUSA in Mesquite is being closed down soon, i don't have any dates.. yet.[/quote]

I'm going to drive by the one that was on precint line road in hurst today at lunch to see if its still open. It was there last month I know for sure.

[quote name='PaleGreen']Yes, I consider that a deal. Verified? That's a solid discount from $199, particularly right out of the gate. Maybe they're swimming in them.[/quote]

I just looked on the blowout site and three store near me say they have 2 each for that price...

I just went by my local CompUSA at lunch - they had clearance signs up (along with 'we no longer accept cheques' signs). Unfortunately, everything is still regular price. The one guy I talked to said they had no information on what will be happening, but he assumed that they would start with a 5% off sale.

Doesn't look like there'll be any good deals there for a couple weeks.

[quote name='Xerxes']I just looked on the blowout site and three store near me say they have 2 each for that price...[/quote]

Man, the stores within reasonable distance of me have nada! We're talking total crap like "Asheron's Call 2 Strategy Guides". :cry:

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']All of central Ohio's are closing. THat's kind of a shame, given that I stroll in there from time to time. On a side note, Ridge Racer 6 is down to $15 at mine. Any idea when these clearances are going to start up?[/quote]
i was at both the dublin and easton ones today- they both said the stores were slated to be closed up 90 days from now, and the sawmill store told me they begin liquidation sales there in 2 weeks.

as for current deals, it's a crapshoot- the pushware bins in each are labeled way off what the actual prices are (but fortunately for the better!)- Gun was labeld $10, and it rang up for $5; Tony Hawk's Underground was labeled $10, and rang up for $3; and my favorite CAG deal of the day- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland was red star stickered for $9.98, but it only rang up for $0.98 (!). that's no typo- 98 cents!

- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

cant seem to see that

COMP USA has some horrible deals in CA

[quote name='rockstar1009']i was at both the dublin and easton ones today- they both said the stores were slated to be closed up 90 days from now, and the sawmill store told me they begin liquidation sales there in 2 weeks.

as for current deals, it's a crapshoot- the pushware bins in each are labeled way off what the actual prices are (but fortunately for the better!)- Gun was labeld $10, and it rang up for $5; Tony Hawk's Underground was labeled $10, and rang up for $3; and my favorite CAG deal of the day- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland was red star stickered for $9.98, but it only rang up for $0.98 (!). that's no typo- 98 cents![/quote]

I wondered if those red stars meant anything at that store. Some things have them, some don't, I know the ring up price is never certain to be the price displayed. Wish I had checked an American Wasteland, I liked that game a lot.

Maybe I'll go try Ridge Racer, it was down to $15, but the tag had a red star on it. Who knows with that place.

[quote name='epobirs']Hmmm, none of the LA County stores appear in the Store Locator anymore...[/quote]

Hmm you're right. Burbank isn't showing up anymore. I wonder if it's still physically open.

[quote name='Vegan']Hmm you're right. Burbank isn't showing up anymore. I wonder if it's still physically open.[/QUOTE]

The Woodland Hills store was still in business as of four days ago. I don't think the closure commence for at least a month or so. It takes time to sell down the inventory at slowly increasing discounts. Also, the Department of LAbor gets very persnickety with large companies pulling the plug on their employees on severe short notice.

[quote name='Xerxes']Great, the two houston CompUSA's aren't closing. :([/quote]
Ahh but the one in Webster near Baybrooke Mall isn't on the list... so I assume it is closing. Incase you plan to go down 45 towards Galveston anytime soon. :bouncy:

I went to a CompUSA today and I saw a whole bunch of games labeled $1.88, $2.88 and $7.88 but then the manager told them to take the stickers off and put them back to full price!!!

WTF!

I asked why and he said everything is being put back to regular price and then clearanced out later when they get more info. They did have signs around the store stating they are no longer using the same deals as the weekly ad because of the "FULL INVENTORY CLEARANCE"? I asked when that was and they just said check back at the end of the week? I think everyone was bummed out because they were losing their jobs? Oh well.

That's what I was afraid of, those under $5 games will be marked up to $20 - $30 and then 10% off probably and some people will buy them at close to full price.

So it is a sign your stores are closing if you search your zip and nothing comes up? I have like 6 in my area and none of them are coming up. No for the love of god, that's been my go to for like ever..................

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']So it is a sign your stores are closing if you search your zip and nothing comes up? I have like 6 in my area and none of them are coming up. No for the love of god, that's been my go to for like ever..................[/QUOTE]

yes. All stores in Northern VA are being closed down. I did confirm this with one of it's employees. So if your store is no longer listed, then it's going to go. Wow, they moved very quickly with the web site. Hell Tower/SG took care of the web site store locater later then this early .

Went into the Modesto, CA store and was told markdowns would officially start tomorrow for all COMPUSA stores being closed.

Tomorrow as in March 1st?? across the nation or just in CA? wow, I wonder if the'll even out prices then take 10%-20% eventually till they clean out. I might have to go again tomorrow this is news.

this suck the comp usa by me has all there games in a glass case so theres no way of knowing what game has been reduced.

Anyone have an idea of a list about what is going to be on clearance?

[quote name='flizmo007']Yes, March 1st. This is from two separate employees at the Compusa here in Modesto, CA. I would think it is nation-wide.[/quote]

Hmmm going to have to hit that store up tomorrow than, see what they have. Was there any detail on what clearance prices were going to start at?

Hmm, I'm in burbank and the store here isn't showing up either :eek:

Guess they're closing down >.>

I know hardly anyone ever went there, hopefully they have some good stuff goin on :)

[quote name='Thongsy']Was there any detail on what clearance prices were going to start at?[/quote]At the moment I would expect full retail price minus 10%.

The Oxnard store has nothing on sale. A few small tables is set out with a bunch of off-brand iPod accessories...I guess it will take a few weeks for decent markdowns.

[quote name='Xerxes']Great, the two houston CompUSA's aren't closing. :([/quote]

[quote name='Techsticles']Ahh but the one in Webster near Baybrooke Mall isn't on the list... so I assume it is closing. Incase you plan to go down 45 towards Galveston anytime soon. :bouncy:[/quote]

Houston Chronicle Tech Blog detailing local area CompUSA closings. I started a thread over in the regional forum.

[quote name='flizmo007']Went into the Modesto, CA store and was told markdowns would officially start tomorrow for all COMPUSA stores being closed.[/quote]

Hmm.. tomorrow [well, technically it's today]..

I'll check the COMPUSA in my area and report later in the afternoon.

Went to Lewisville, TX store yesterday, as they're one of the closing stores. There were NO current deals.

I asked a clerk, he said they'd start at 5% off everything Friday, then go down further from there. 5% is such a joke. Oh, so that $60 game will be $57!? Score!

Fortunately they had pretty much everything for the 360 in stock, so hopefully when it hits 40-50% some goodies remain.

[quote name='dm877']saw battlefield 2 (360) for 10 bucks[/quote]

I'd be thrilled to find that game for that price. The multiplayer online is spectacular. I suppose I'll try mine today to see if anything has dropped.

bread's done
Back