CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

At the KOP, PA CUSA they had an additional 40% off select clearance items located in bins at the front of the store. I picked up:

Star Wars Episode III (DS) - $5.99
Need For Speed Underground 2 (DS) - $5.99
Quake 4 (360) - $13.99

I also picked up at the normal 20% off:

Untold Legends: The Warriors's Code (PSP) - $11.98
GB Micro (Black) - $39.98
Prey Limited Collector's Edition (360) - $35.98

My GameStop has the 20th Anniversary Edition here for $49.99 Used which isn't bad but, grabbing it for $39.98 is great for a brand new system.

Went back today, and haven't noticed anything new except Halo 2 Map Pack dropping to $6, and an MMORPG called RYL: Path of the Emperor for $2 (as well as its 60-day time cards).

Anyone know if RYL is worth it?

I was in my local CompUSA today and I noticed a few games that I didn't see mentioned yet.

I saw:
Resident Evil 4 (GC) $4.98
Pikmin 2 $4.98
Dead to Rights: Reckoning (PSP) $4.98

I don't think these prices are YMMV because they are listed on the blowout items list online, although they still may be.

I scored a Street Fighter Anniversary Ken controller (PS2) for $2.99 a few days ago. It was $4.98 with an additional 40% off tacked on after the fact.

[quote name='darkshadows6000']http://www.compusa.com/locations/default.asp

Looks like Compusa has brought back to its web site the Blowout Deal inventory search page. Use the store locator link to navigate to the page that gets you to the link for blowout deals. There are some
interesting deals on gaming equipment and DVDs.[/QUOTE]

This has been available on their web site for as long as I can remember, ever since the inventory blowout began. I went to it from their web site several times in December and this month; it just wasn't as prominent on the page as it was at first.

Yeah it's been there, I checked it a few days ago to see if they marked down the stuff more but they haven't and most stores have little to nothing left.

Good stuff I spotted at my local store (Tallahassee)

Marc Ecko's Getting up 4.98
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil 9.98
Need for Speed Underground .98
The Movies 11.98

Also 30GB ipod videos for 219 dollars and a 2gb nano for 129.

307540 Gaming Edge Vertical System Stand
- Brand: Hip Interactive
- Category: Gaming » Playstation 2 » Accessories 106 $0.98

If 106 copies are not selling at 98 cents, they should give them away! This is at the Wilmington, DE location by the way.

Damn every CompUSA is different, seems like CompUSA is going down, i swear its going to crash within the next year, best buy and fry's are just too good for them

[quote name='Josef']307540 Gaming Edge Vertical System Stand
- Brand: Hip Interactive
- Category: Gaming » Playstation 2 » Accessories 106 $0.98

If 106 copies are not selling at 98 cents, they should give them away! This is at the Wilmington, DE location by the way.[/QUOTE]

My local one had over 50. They marked them down to $0.48 and they still aren't selling

Feek: another Tallahasseean! Now I know my competition for CAG deals!

(JK, we all know it's the FatWallet eBaying bastards that we're competing with)

Ummm...

MacBook @ $300 less than Apple price? YEAHHHHHH!

Come on, financial aid check. Why are you not here yet?

picked up
NBA Ballers Phenom $2.50 xbox
Kingdom Under Fire Heroes $6.00 xbox
College Hoops 2K6 $5.00 360
Amped 3 $15.00 360
Chrome Hounds and Tomb Raider Legend guide for $2.50 each
passed on live 06 PSP $5

Picked up the following:

GBA Micro Silver for 19.98
Final Fantasy X guide 2.98 (x2)
Star Wars KOTOR 2 guide 2.98 (x2)

Also checked 2 printers that were "supposedly" on sale...

Epson Stylus C82 - 4.98 (x2)
HP Laserjet 1300 Monochrome - 19.98 (x3)

They looked for them and said they were either defective returns or store used models that were now broken.

Sucks too, I need a new printer. Hope they weren't lying, but had no real recourse to make them check!

[quote name='sam1982']I got a purple gamecube system BRAND NEW for 29.98! Awesome!:lol:[/QUOTE]
Wow. Very good deal, congrats.
Anyone happen to know if Halo 2 is on sale?

[quote name='bfg9k']Picked up the 360 Oblivion collector's edition (336154) last night for $19.98[/quote] Yeah me too. I got a little upset because the site had 2 confirmed copies and when I got there only one. And I already promised one to fellow CAGer. Oh well. Also picked up to PS2 screens for $9.98 pretty good deal as well. Waiting on those XBOX ones to drop too. Saw a lot of $2.98 prices for older games and some newer clearanced XBox 360 games starting to drop. Worth a look if you have a store location near.

My local CompUSA has a cart on wheels with a cardboard display of 50% off all clearance games. I didn't see much of anything too exciting there (NBA Live 06 PSP for $2.50, Grand Theft Auto Trilogy PS2 $12, Resident Evil DS $9, etc.).

I did find Gears of War Collector's Edition 360 for $35. I've been waiting for a price drop on this one, but I haven't been following it too closely. Is this about as cheap a price as I'm going to find on this anytime soon?

[quote name='monkeypox']with the rumors that nearly half the stores are closing, I'm guessing we'll be finding more to report here soon.[/quote]

Curious, what rumors about 1/2 the stores closing?

[quote name='nodoubt']http://consumerist.com/consumer/compusa/exclusive-compusa-closing-100-stores-239260.php[/quote]

I've been expecting this for some time now.

CompUSA has gone from my first destination for computer-related stuff to dead last. Their handling of videogames is probably the most inept of any major retailer -- personally, I do worse at Wal-Mart, but they at least know what they're doing, even if I never get a deal there. CompUSA has just seemed clueless for years now.

I hope the one close to me closes, though I don't expect to get any major liquidation finds.

[quote name='blandstalker']I've been expecting this for some time now.

CompUSA has gone from my first destination for computer-related stuff to dead last. Their handling of videogames is probably the most inept of any major retailer -- personally, I do worse at Wal-Mart, but they at least know what they're doing, even if I never get a deal there. CompUSA has just seemed clueless for years now.

I hope the one close to me closes, though I don't expect to get any major liquidation finds.[/quote]

Exactly, a good example of why they are gonna close down is my local one is selling the original LOTR BFME Game Guide for $14.99 which nobody will buy because that game is so old and that price is way to high. Plus i hate seeing the "manager special" stickers because as seen by my previous example the manager is a dumbass. I think if they followed suit with say Best Buy and made all of their "specials" national then they would all be on the same page. So whenever i read this thread and see say College Hoops 2k6 for Xbox360 was bought at a Compusa for 4.99 then i know that most likely my store will NOT have it for the same price so WHY WASTE MY TIME DRIVING DOWN THERE but if they had national clearance prices then i would. Just my 2 pennies, laterz!!!

I think they just updated their website to leave only the stores that arent closing. I looked up several stores in the DFW area and they arent showing up anymore. I had checked earlier this morning and they were all pulling up. I dont think this is a website glitch. I guess if your store isnt on location finder anymore its a sign they will probably be closing and time to look for liquidation specials :)

I dunno if anyone has read this, but it appears as if CompUSA will close over 100 stores, only 1 is gonna remain open in a 100mile radius of ann arbor, i can only pray this means insane deals on games/computers but who knows (story is on FW and SD)

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Northern VA Stores are no longer showing up on store locators :( That must mean fairfax might be going under :(

[quote name='michaema']I think they just updated their website to leave only the stores that arent closing. I looked up several stores in the DFW area and they arent showing up anymore. I had checked earlier this morning and they were all pulling up. I dont think this is a website glitch. I guess if your store isnt on location finder anymore its a sign they will probably be closing and time to look for liquidation specials :)[/quote]

I just did a search, and Frisco and Plano showed up. Where are the other ones?

Also, that sucks, because I'm IN Frisco.

[quote name='reibeatall']I just did a search, and Frisco and Plano showed up. Where are the other ones?

Also, that sucks, because I'm IN Frisco.[/quote]

there were like 2 or 3 in dallas on preston road and central expressway. there is one in arlington around the parks mall. those are the ones i know of off the top of my head

[quote name='michaema']there were like 2 or 3 in dallas on preston road and central expressway. there is one in arlington around the parks mall. those are the ones i know of off the top of my head[/QUOTE]

You probably already know this but the CompUSA in Mesquite is being closed down soon, i don't have any dates.. yet.

[quote name='toadielurks']You probably already know this but the CompUSA in Mesquite is being closed down soon, i don't have any dates.. yet.[/quote]

A coworker had mentioned that the one in Mesquite had a lot of things at 50% off i didnt get specifics but might be worth checking out.

I am about to renew my extended warrenty on my digital camera since it just expired. The Northern VA stores are going under, so how will this affect my extended warranty?

Sweet Jebus! They are closing all the stores in North Jersey? Jersey CAGs wanna meet up for a road trip to all the stores if/when the clearance sales begin?

The store in Brighton, MA is going under as well. Anybody know if there is a way to still access the Blowout Sales pages for stores no longer appearing on the site?

Edit: Google "COMPUSA BLOWOUT (city where store was located)"

At least this way, you can track any new markdowns for stores no longer appearing online.

bread's done
Back