CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

[quote name='BrandonMills']Checked the Brighton store again yesterday. Software is at 15% off now. Console games still 10% off.

*yawn*[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was going to make a trip up there but I won't bother now.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Was around burbank last week, the signs changed to up to 30% off everything for the Burbank CompUSA store.[/quote]

Still not worth biting, but it's a start.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Any TV's better than 10% now?[/QUOTE]

My nearest store has been at a whopping 15% for over a week now...

[quote name='hhhdx4']has anyone been the the paramus store lately?[/quote]

No, I was in Paramus Yesterday and totally forgot to go. I'm going to check the Totowa, NJ location tomorrow. I'll let you know what I see.

Accidentally bought Jedi Academy for Mac instead of PC. Saw it specified on the receipt immediately at the register and was stonewalled from returning or exchanging it for a PC version. Shouldn't have been in a hurry to get to work. Guess I'll have to buy a Mac at 5% off if any more are around.

[quote name='happyorangeman']No, I was in Paramus Yesterday and totally forgot to go. I'm going to check the Totowa, NJ location tomorrow. I'll let you know what I see.[/quote]

thanks!

[quote name='depascal22']White Plains/Greenburgh, NY store still has 10%. I went ahead and picked up Burnout Revenge and Dead or Alive 4.[/quote]

any good deals

[quote name='nikelecious91']anyone see anything interesting in the king of prussia,pa one?[/QUOTE]

I was there a few hours ago, and games are still 10% off. Seems to be the same prices from a couple of weeks ago. People seem to be waiting for better deals...there is still alot of stock left.

[quote name='daria19']I was there a few hours ago, and games are still 10% off. Seems to be the same prices from a couple of weeks ago. People seem to be waiting for better deals...there is still alot of stock left.[/quote]
thanks you saved me a trip

At Columbia, MD, there are two copies of Resident Evil DS on that black cart with all of the other clearance games. I didn't buy either of them because I'm completely broke. 50% off, so it's $17.50.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Can anyone in the locations of the OP confirm any sales on Gamecube games or GBA in those stores pref.. the Brookfield one???

Thanks[/quote]
I was at the Brookfield WI store about 3 weeks ago.

They didn't have any GC games. It looked like they had cleared them out long ago to make room for Wii games.

They did have a ds and/or gba section.[sorry I can't remember what games they had]

No systems or handhelds on the floor, but if they do have them they are probably kepted in the back room.

[quote name='imacgod']At Columbia, MD, there are two copies of Resident Evil DS on that black cart with all of the other clearance games. I didn't buy either of them because I'm completely broke. 50% off, so it's $17.50.[/QUOTE]

The fairfax,va store had RE:DS for 20 bucks last month. Did you do an actual price check at the counter? (meaning had the cashier ring it up and apply the discount?) or did you just see the tag for 34.99??

Here are a couple of clearance deals from a non-closing CUSA. I'm guessing the prices will be the same at all CUSA's since there was no manual changing of the prices (they scanned for that amount).

College Hoops 2K6 (360) - $4.98
Mage Knight: Destiny's Soldier (DS) - $19.98

I was particularly happy to find Mage Knight DS since it has been disappearing from all the local stores around me and is bound to get even harder to find.

[quote name='Malik112099']anybody hit up the henderson, nv location lately?[/quote]

I went last week and there wasnt much on sale, I'm about to go again today though and see if anything is cheaper.

I was out near the Novi, MI store today so I decided to pop in and take a look - absolutely nothing has changed. Console games are 10% off, console accessories are 15%, PC games are 15% and PC Keyboards/Mice/Controllers/etc are 10% off.

Hit the Sterling Heights MI Store And the rear of the store had store displays on sale and was pretty bare..4 feet from that ..The games Isle.. @ 10% :roll:

I went to the Brighton, MA one again yesterday. Nothing has changed. 15% off software, 10% off console games. People are still holding off buying because of their high initial prices.

CompUSA can't even go out properly. No wonder they're selling so many of their stores.

This has got to be the slowest developing "everything must go" sale ever! The deals are still laughable, at best. :cold:

[quote name='PaleGreen']This has got to be the slowest developing "everything must go" sale ever! The deals are still laughable, at best. :cold:[/quote]

I think the reason why stores have huge empty spots is because everything that could be moved out cheaply was shipped. Everything else that was left, they're still trying to make a profit on. I saw Quake 4 for the PC at $49.99 before 15% off. Everywhere else it's selling for $19.99. A previous poster was right. You won't find huge discounts unless the whole chain is going down.

My local CompUSA has a Nintendo case, which really looks like a cheap shelf with glass on it, marked for sale when they close. The only thing that separated it from a regular glass case was a Neon Nintendo sign on it. Thinking that it would be cool to have, I requested to be contacted about it.

So yesterday I recieve a call from some dude there. He said, I quote, "A lot of people have been asking about the case and with handling charges it will come to 1500 dollars." I seriously laughed out loud. Are they they retarded to think anyone will pay that much for a piece of crap shelf (that you could probably buy at Walmart for $100 and a lot sturdier) with a Nintendo Logo on it? If people are putting bids up, damn people are stupid...

Anyone else have any stories about trying to get game cases/stands?

went to the henderson, nv loacation yesterday....what a crock....the games/accessories were up to 15% and movies were at 20% off.....even with that Superman Returns on HD DVD was STILL $28....and none of the games wereeven close to tempting...i swear some of the prices actually went up....screw this..i dont forsee myself going back unless i hear of 40%+ off of everything

[quote name='PaleGreen']This has got to be the slowest developing "everything must go" sale ever! The deals are still laughable, at best. :cold:[/quote]
Ain't that the truth.

Stopped by yesterday. It's now almost a month since the "clearance" started. All the discounts are exactly the same, except for PC games which went from 10% off to 15% off a week or so ago. Woo-de-fucking-hoo.

I suppose that people are still buying stuff or they'd up the discounts, but it seems dumb to me. The last couple of times, I haven't seen half the number of people in the store. They're all waiting for the drops that aren't here.

Even in death, the store is what it always was: a wasted trip.

[quote name='blandstalker']Ain't that the truth.

Stopped by yesterday. It's now almost a month since the "clearance" started. All the discounts are exactly the same, except for PC games which went from 10% off to 15% off a week or so ago. Woo-de-fucking-hoo.

I suppose that people are still buying stuff or they'd up the discounts, but it seems dumb to me. The last couple of times, I haven't seen half the number of people in the store. They're all waiting for the drops that aren't here.

Even in death, the store is what it always was: a wasted trip.[/quote]

I thought the same thing. I was hoping that after a month the percentages would change and be more tempting. I was going to check out the "everything must go" clearance today, but forget it.

[quote name='mogamer']I think the reason why stores have huge empty spots is because everything that could be moved out cheaply was shipped. Everything else that was left, they're still trying to make a profit on. I saw Quake 4 for the PC at $49.99 before 15% off. Everywhere else it's selling for $19.99. A previous poster was right. You won't find huge discounts unless the whole chain is going down.[/QUOTE]

Quake 4 for PC at $50? Wow....That's high.

I remember when Best Buy was selling the Quake 4: Special DVD Edition (which also comes w/ on the 2nd DVD Quake 2 + its TWO expansions) for $19.99, many months ago....

Came on to see if I should bother stopping at my local CompUSA to see if they dropped tiers yet... that's a big no. :(

Come on, at this point, I don't even care about games. I just want a new keyboard for $20. >.

I picked up NBA 2k6 for $6 a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna check it out again tonight...I doubt they went up from 10% though.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Media Plays demise Pwns this Demise...:roll:[/quote]

Really? I totally missed MP's death until I drove by a deserted store one day. So it was worse than this then? I don't feel so bad about missing it now.

Just as an update, the Columbus Easton Comp USA is still at 10% for games and a whopping 15%!! for Xbox 360 accessories. That's a 5% increase after a month!

The store is pretty much full. Not much different than the stock they had there two months ago.

Went by this morning and lo and behold, they raised the percentages at the Duluth, GA store. 15-40% off. Video games are now 15% off... None of their games are marked, though. They have removed the prices from the shelves...
I did notice that printer toners are 20%, now may be the time to stock up on toner..

I agree - Worst Clearance/Store Closing ever..

The Arlington TX Store is still a joke - all games are still 10% off everything else is still 5-30% and yet half the store is completely empty (dismantled shelves all over the place) - makes me wonder who's buying when it's only 10% off!

I drove past it today and people had signs that said: UP to 40% off!!

Last week it was 30%. I wonder if the games got bumped to 20 or 30% off... probably not.

Before the one on PCH in Long Beach, CA closed down, I managed to snag myself Elite Beat Agents for $16 and Rogue Galaxy for $24.

That was a lucky one; since it was sharing a building with Tower records (before they closed) it actually looked like they stocked some good stuff every once in a while.

its weird - i think some of these stores are still getting in new titles - saw ssx for the wii today at a store that is closing.

bread's done
Back