CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

damn...i don't even know where a local compusa is at

guess im gunna have to mapquest it :cry:

but hey, 20-30% should be well worth the drive there...right?

I remember the ones in Seattle had that 20% off, but they jacked up the retail prices of the games, so it was still expensive, even after the discount. Might as well buy it from BB, CC or Target, as they're games are cheaper than CompUSA.

Some of those games will be around until the end. Checked the price of Arcade Unplugged (360), $39.99 when it can be had elsewhere after the price drop for $19.99.. At 50% off you are just breaking even... Checked DOA4 (360), Thought it was gonna be $29.99 - 20%, It rang up for $39.99.. But, there are deals to be had. I picked up the only Oblivion CE (360) from the Duluth, GA store earlier last week for $19.99 - 20%. Not much else I am interested in until the price goes below $20, so I'm waiting for the % to go higher.

Which stores have you hit so far dat playa? I've been to the Perimeter, Alpharetta, and Duluth stores. Only the Duluth store has their games out, the rest still have the plastic boxes with photocopied covers...

[quote name='dhelmuth']Some of those games will be around until the end. Checked the price of Arcade Unplugged (360), $39.99 when it can be had elsewhere after the price drop for $19.99.. At 50% off you are just breaking even... Checked DOA4 (360), Thought it was gonna be $29.99 - 20%, It rang up for $39.99.. But, there are deals to be had. I picked up the only Oblivion CE (360) from the Duluth, GA store earlier last week for $19.99 - 20%. Not much else I am interested in until the price goes below $20, so I'm waiting for the % to go higher.

Which stores have you hit so far dat playa? I've been to the Perimeter, Alpharetta, and Duluth stores. Only the Duluth store has their games out, the rest still have the plastic boxes with photocopied covers...[/quote]

Perimeter + Marietta + Smyrna.

Perimeter wasn't too good. Smyrna was good. Oblivion CE (360) for $20 + a $49.99 R:FoM = :)

Yeah reminds me of when media play went out of business. I dont think I ever bought anything cause by the time the discount got high enough to be good deals only crap games were left...

[quote name='dat playa']Perimeter + Marietta + Smyrna.

Perimeter wasn't too good. Smyrna was good. Oblivion CE (360) for $20 + a $49.99 R:FoM = :)[/quote]

What about Morrow? I may head over there this weekend if it's good.

hey dat playa, is that one compusa still open over there on cobb pkwy in that target shopping center or is it closed now?

Went to the Mission Viejo store yesterday. Didn't go at all last week since I was out of town. Probably good that I didn't. No real change, except less stuff.

Video games are 20% off. PS3 games are 25%. So are XBOX games, but I think they mean XBOX 360 games.

Most of the good Wii games are gone. Sonic is still there, but $40 is meh to me. SSX Blur, which they had a ton of, is gone. Nothing good left for DS except EBA which is still no deal.

[quote name='hXc007']hey dat playa, is that one compusa still open over there on cobb pkwy in that target shopping center or is it closed now?[/quote]

Yeah - that's what I meant by Smyrna. No more Oblivion CE there though ;), they still have 360 accessories, HDTV's, some good PS3, Wii, and DS though. IDK about PSP but I think I remember a Killzone: Liberation or two. Be warned that they have paper printouts and you have to bring them around the front to ask for copies.... :cry:

Anybody able to report what is available at the Glenn Burnie, MD CompUSA store? I might have to hit that one up sometime. I am looking for Mac games in particular.

I was at the Lennox (Atlanta) Compusa tonight around closing and big news! New signs were going up because the 20 to 50 % off jumped up to 25 to 50 % off. Yaaaaaaaay! Seriously, how lame.

Went to the Brighton, MA one yesterday

PC software 30% off. Not terrible, but given everything is jacked up in price in the first place, not exactly a 'deal', either. All console games gone. All good motherboards gone. No processors left. The only decent deals are power supplies, cases, and CPU fans at this point. Even then, it's only decent.

I guess I'll check again next week. Still a really lame sale.

This sale stinks. I have been to 5 CompUSA's in NJ and I have not bought one thing. My brother picked up two guides but I haven't bought anything from this waste of a sale. They were trying to sell non operational PC's at the CompUSA in Parsippany, NJ for $250-$300! No HD's and no accessories or wires!!!

I wanted to buy a new Motorola V3X cell phone and the sign said $149.99 but when they rang it up it was $240.00! They told me that the sign is wrong but it said Motorola V3X on a Computer Printout with the lower price on it. I think they were just being jerks.

Video games in Princeton NJ on Route 1 are now at 25%... Do you guys think I should get hitman blood money for 360 at 35 bucks minus the 25%? One copy left so I 'm debating grabbing it or rolling the dice in hopes of another slahing of prices.

Great Northern Mall, Cleveland OH

All Games 25% off
- Handful of Wii titles left, but they will never sell. Farcry priced at $49.99 will rot there.
- No PS3 titles left

Guides 60% off

Cell Phones 40% off (no deals)

Notebooks now 10% off. Still no deals since everything is overpriced.

TV's 25% off

Copies of Vista are now 30% off

Video Cards 25% off

Techie Accessories 40% off

Phone and iPod Accessories 30-60%

That's all I can remember. I haden't been there in about 2 weeks and was surprised to see that only about 1/3 of the store was left. I guess if you say "Clearance" it will bring the hordes of people who don't know any better.

They were trying to sell non operational PC's at the CompUSA in Parsippany, NJ for $250-$300! No HD's and no accessories or wires!!!

Same deal as My store. Labels said no OS. And Monitors were sold seperately near them for 175.00. Do people believe what they are seeing are deals in the 'sale' atomsphere and think they are making out?....I did better on individual manager sales. :roll:

And the kicker? Signs throughout saying: "See something you like? Get it! for it may be gone tomorrow!"

anybody been to attleboro, ma store? I was there when they had 10%..just curious of what they have before I make the trip..

Beware of these asses. Hitman was labeled as 34.99 and I brought it to the register it rang up as 39.99. I asked why this was and she said somebody must of accidentally labeled the plastic casing... they dont go by that. I know that they did it just to move the games and then fuck you over at the register.

[quote name='McAck']anybody been to attleboro, ma store? I was there when they had 10%..just curious of what they have before I make the trip..[/QUOTE]
curious about this one myself, im kinda surprised that its this one and not the warwick RI one going out, that stores a dump

Went by the Novi, MI store yesterday:
All games and gaming accessories 25% off
Vista 40% off
Books/Guides 50% off
Movies 30% off
TVs still 25% off, but pretty much just the Olevia and Sony LCDs left.
Hard drives all but gone 30% off(WTF?, they were a ripoff at anything below 50% off)
The walls are pretty bare, good selection of games - still mostly not a deal even at 30% off original MSRP.

This si a fucking joke. I went into the N Houston lacation today and laughed at the "blowout prices". With the 25-50% off it gets them to somewhat competative prices with other retailers.

WHat a joke. No wonder they are closing most the stores.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Went by the Novi, MI store yesterday:
All games and gaming accessories 25% off
Vista 40% off
Books/Guides 50% off
Movies 30% off
TVs still 25% off, but pretty much just the Olevia and Sony LCDs left.
Hard drives all but gone 30% off(WTF?, they were a ripoff at anything below 50% off)
The walls are pretty bare, good selection of games - still mostly not a deal even at 30% off original MSRP.[/quote]

Same thing at the Melbourne, FL store... but I think the guides were 75% off.

[quote name='DX']This si a fucking joke. I went into the N Houston lacation today and laughed at the "blowout prices". With the 25-50% off it gets them to somewhat competative prices with other retailers.

WHat a joke. No wonder they are closing most the stores.[/quote]

thats how it goes with all the stores closing down, they did that to the toys r us i worked at.

[quote name='boyboy1080']thats how it goes with all the stores closing down, they did that to the toys r us i worked at.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but CUSA has ALWAYS been at these prices, way higher than the competition then they close stores and downsize because they wonder why their marketshard is shrinking.

[quote name='Optical']Vista is 40% off at your store? Did that just change? Last week it was 25% off here.[/QUOTE]

Even if Vista was at 90% off I still wouldn't buy it. Who wants Windows ME 2.0 (AKA Vista) on there good machine anyways?!?!?

Fan and PC accessories is at 50% off. Cases and Power Supplies are at 40%. One more price drop, and I might end up buying myself a case, power supply, and cpu fan. Would be nice to have a decent motherboard to use with that, but the Brighton CompUSA shipped out all the good ones instead.

Software at 30% off. Nothing on the shelf really worth it until they go to 50% off.

They only have about 2 weeks of sale time remaining ( at least, most stores. ), so they really better start dropping the prices on what they want to sell. Of course, since they can just ship anything they don't want to sell off to other stores, they don't have to ever give us any good deals.

[quote name='BrandonMills']...
They only have about 2 weeks of sale time remaining ( at least, most stores. ), so they really better start dropping the prices on what they want to sell. Of course, since they can just ship anything they don't want to sell off to other stores, they don't have to ever give us any good deals.[/quote]

Which is why they're having to close the stores anyway... vicious cycle caused by a bad business model :)

went to 3 diff stores today and came out with a surprisingly still sealed Antec Sonata 2 case for $70...and it wasnt even dented:D ...Vista was 40% off, they had the upgrades for Premium and Basic and the full version of Basic...these were in the one in Paramus...the West Nyack one didnt seem to have any Vistas out

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Supposedly I've heard from employees all closing stores will close on Not this friday, but next friday/saturday.[/QUOTE]

Possible.

http://www.compusa.com/locations/default.asp?cmid=toptab

That post has been up for over a week, so about a week left would make the official webpage timeline correct.

So the question is, will they drop prices finally, or will they just ship everything out to other stores?

Wow... looks like all the Compusas in the Metro Detroit area have closed or otherwise melted off the website. Remember hearing or seeing that one was going to be closing but that the nearest one is now 99 miles away in Lansing is rather surprising.

Went to one last night, and it said "Only 11 days remaining", so I'm guessing that they'll be done on Monday, May 7th.

I'm curious what the discounts will be next week.

Sorry if someone else has posted this and i didn't see it.

Just got back from my local Compusa which is closing like so many others. Nothing stood out, but I didn't notice a big stack of game time cards for City of Villains/Heroes, SOE online games (eq2, eq, planetside, etc.), and Autoassault. Sorry, no WoW.

The 40 percent off applied to all the game cards, so I picked up a 60 day for CoV (I always go back every year for a month or two to check out the changes) for 17 bucks. However, the 30 day cards for the SOE games (can be applied to any of their games, it says) came to .98 cents each. The 90 day version was ringing in at 29.99 still (with the discount), which is odd. So i cleaned out the 30 day versions. 3 months of EQ2 when i want for 3 dollars. YMMV, but it's worth it to check it out if you play any of those games listed above.

P.S. Speaking of MMORPG's, WoW: Burning Crusades was 19.99 and they had a TON of copies.

I was in the Novi, MI store last night - one of the guys there said he was on the schedule for next week - so he knows they'll be open at least that much longer.

Not true. Back in the early 90s CompUSA was the cheapest place for many things. They had good sales and often had new release games for $15ish off the retail price. I would always give CompUSA a few weeks when a new PC game came out because a lot of the time I would get it far cheaper there. They had a lot cheap to free after rebate stuff too. Eventually they just raised the prices on everything and all the deals went away. Maybe they got cocky when Computer City went out of business but they have been a waste for years now. So yeah CompUSA has been terrible for a long time, but once they were actually a store worth shopping at.

[quote name='DX']Yeah but CUSA has ALWAYS been at these prices, way higher than the competition then they close stores and downsize because they wonder why their marketshard is shrinking.[/QUOTE]

The Springfield, NJ CompUSA is pretty cleaned out but did have the WoW add-on marked down to $9.99 each. They had a shopping cart at the entrace, you can't miss it.

bread's done
Back