Condemned 14.99 @ Target

meager

CAGiversary!
Condemned (X360) - $14.99 @ Target (stores only)
Is this game worth picking up at this price? I've only heard people debating whether it's scary or not, never really mentioning how good the gameplay is...

Just finished this one--have had it since November. It's kind of shallow in the story, but well worth $15. I paid slightly more than that at Best Buy last Black Friday.

If you have a 360 just download and play the demo. I did recently, myself and it was enough to convince me to buy it. And yes, I found the demo to be pretty creepy. From what I played, creepy is a better word to describe it than scary. I'll check my Target tommorow for it.

They've got a demo for the game on the marketplace. If you like the demo at all, the game is well worth 15 bucks.

wasn't this a Target Clearance/Drop like last April-May?

i see this title a lot, priced between $14.99 to $19.99.

and if you took advantage last weeks CC clearance plus the 25% off, then it's really worth $12.72. :applause:

[quote name='topnotch97']wasn't this a Target Clearance/Drop like last April-May?[/quote]It may have been, but Target Clearance is very YMMV. At least around atlanta it is. I've been eyeing a good number of games from the Target Clearance list at my local Targets for months. They've dropped maybe $10, but absolutely refuse to go clearance.

[quote name='topnotch97']wasn't this a Target Clearance/Drop like last April-May?

i see this title a lot, priced between $14.99 to $19.99.

and if you took advantage last weeks CC clearance plus the 25% off, then it's really worth $12.72. :applause:[/quote]

It was clearanced, but like guin said Target is YMMV with clearance choices. All stores which did not clearance this before now have it at a permanent price cut. Chromehounds and another game (drawing a blank) are also like this. I get the feeling that it may be their new way to clear out old games without letting them get sold for $7. Also, unlike clearances, this type of price change is available on Target.com, too. Other clearance games like Burnout Revenge and Dead Rising and DOA 4 scan as discontinued items, but still carry their standard 29.99 or 39.99 prices.

EDIT: Buy it for that price already.

I might have to buy a second copy of this game for that price. I have the PC version and my disk drive is broken so I can't play it anymore. I really want to.

[quote name='topnotch97']

and if you took advantage last weeks CC clearance plus the 25% off, then it's really worth $12.72. :applause:[/quote]

Thats what I did......BOOYAH :lol:

I don't have a 360 yet but I'm planning to get one this Xmas. I figured this game was worth buying for the future.

A great price for a excellent game. If you don't have it, Buy it. Don't consider buying it, Just buy it.

Yeah, I have to go with the crowd on this one. Condemned was the first game I bought for 360, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I was actually sad after I completed it because I really got into the story. I can't wait for the sequel!

Also, it was the game that popped my HD cherry, so it was crazy seeing shadow and lighting effects that actually made me jump. Plus, as others have mentioned, it's just freakin creepy! There. Is that convincing enough yet? lol...easily worth $15..or $12.72 for you really lucky bastards!

Its fun and scary. Just make sure the sound is turned up and it really helps it you have a nice stereo set up. Also make sure you play at night only!!!!

[quote name='triforcer']shit if i end up buying this game i'm gonna be too chicken shit to play it.[/quote]

Me too, same reason I barely play FEAR.

This is a must have. Even though I had rented it and beat it I bought it at fry's for ~15 bucks to have in my collection.

Seriously, if you don't have this game yet, get it. This is one of the greatest, most atmospheric horror games I've ever played. There's nothing like the satisfaction you get by hitting someone in the face with a metal pipe ;)

Just for some extra convincing...
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MW2tZGatwSA[/media]

I started playing this game over the weekend and really like it. Im probably going to finish it this weekend, its worth $15 for sure

EDIT: My bad, I think a glitch got me or something. Can a mod please delete all the reposts? Sorry

dude i played the demo for this and was scared out of my mind. I will play this game with a friend there with all of my lights on. I might also physically take my tv outside and play during the day.

[quote name='some poster at GameFAQs'] Demo made it so I was not able to sleep for two nights, I passed on the full game.[/quote]
[quote name='frtybelowsummer']dude i played the demo for this and was scared out of my mind. I will play this game with a friend there with all of my lights on. I might also physically take my tv outside and play during the day.[/quote]
Haha. Hearing comments like these make me not want to pop in my freshly bought copy.

For the full Condemned experience:

- 5.1 surround
- HDTV
- play only late at night, midnight-ish
- play in complete darkness
- play alone, don't have anyone around distracting you from getting immersed into the game
- same for notifications. Turn off your friend and achievement notifications while you play. They just take you out of the game.

[quote name='Corvin']For the full Condemned experience:

- 5.1 surround
- HDTV
- play alone, don't have anyone around distracting you from getting immersed into the game
- same for notifications. Turn off your friend and achievement notifications while you play. They just take you out of the game.[/quote]

Darn, I need a new surround sound system. (Mine broke) :cry:

[quote name='Corvin']For the full Condemned experience:

- 5.1 surround
- HDTV
- same for notifications. Turn off your friend and achievement notifications while you play. They just take you out of the game.[/quote]
Playing like that is awesome! I love the muffled angry screaming you can hear through the walls, and the running footsteps on the floor above you. Hearing those things from behind you is so scary...

[quote name='Kendro']Haha. Hearing comments like these make me not want to pop in my freshly bought copy.[/quote]
Don't worry, it shouldn't make you afraid to sleep. You will however find yourself suddenly afraid to enter the subway though...

[quote name='NoodlePants']Just picked up the last copy at the Penfield,NY Target and was carded for its mature rating. I'm 30.[/quote]

I fucking hate that. I always get carded for mature games, movies or even cd's that contain explicits and I am 29.

[quote name='NoodlePants']Just picked up the last copy at the Penfield,NY Target and was carded for its mature rating. I'm 30.[/quote]i use to work at target and when they scan an M rated game a prompt comes up on the screen asking if the person looks older than 45 or something. when they hit no you need to input a birthday.

[quote name='neushane']I fucking hate that. I always get carded for mature games, movies or even cd's that contain explicits and I am 29.[/QUOTE]

I'm 31 and got carded for buying super glue last year at Wal-Mart. How fucked up is that?

bread's done
Back