Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

they cashed my check about a week after i sent it.... still nothing though...

worst part is ziff davisfilled bankrupcy today...

they own egm

[quote name='mitchondria']they cashed my check about a week after i sent it.... still nothing though...

worst part is ziff davisfilled bankrupcy today...

they own egm[/quote]

How does that impact this? Game Informer isn't a ziff davis publication and GS/EB are not affiliated with ziff davis either.

Got my EDGE card yesterday in the mail(actually came the same day as my Circuit City Gamer Card came in.) Sorry I can't give exact dates as far as sent out and check cashing but it was probably about 1-2 months ago that is sent it in and 4 weeks on the check.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Sent my check on 1/23/08, check cleared through my bank 2/21/08 so hopefully I should receive my card soon. I think my current card expires the end of March![/quote]

Just received my card yesterday (3/17/08) so just under 2 month turnaround for the card. This will come in handy the next time EB/GS breaks out the B2G1 sale! Great Deal, Thanks OP!

received mine last week after sending out on 2/14 so a little under a month, like 3 weeks. nice! heavy duty card never seen it before. acct # and everything =)

Has anyone else had problems with the white sticker on the back becoming unreadable? I've had mine for about a month (from this thread) and I've used it, but the numbers on the back are almost to the point now of being unreadable. I don't know what it does this, it just sits in my wallet. I've never had a problem with Edge cards issued from the store before. This card has a piece of clear tape over the sticker, while store issued cards I've had in the past do not.

Is there a way to request another card? Can this be done in store or would I have to call someone?

So this is kind of retarded. GameStop forces their employees to sale this magazine subscription, right? And GI is owned by GameStop, right? So then why on Earth is GS allowing this $2 thing? It actually kills some of the business to the stores and this in turn causes hours to be reduced due to employees not meeting their "quotas" for the day for subscriptions. Such a stupid management decision.

I think the original intention was that you were supposed to tack on another $2 as a bonus for subscribing but the card was misleading and I guess they've decided to honor it anyway. They have no way to know we're not subscribers and I think they just want to avoid pissing us off.

[quote name='Hockey37']Has anyone else had problems with the white sticker on the back becoming unreadable? I've had mine for about a month (from this thread) and I've used it, but the numbers on the back are almost to the point now of being unreadable. I don't know what it does this, it just sits in my wallet. I've never had a problem with Edge cards issued from the store before. This card has a piece of clear tape over the sticker, while store issued cards I've had in the past do not.

Is there a way to request another card? Can this be done in store or would I have to call someone?[/quote]

Yes i had that problem on my old edge card(bought in store) they put a piece of tape on it and i keep it in my wallet and the wallet and tape wears away at the numbers and barcode. All you have to do is present the card to GS/EB and they can call GI CS and they can get your account # and print a new sticker for you right in store. Took like 5-10 minutes so you might want to tell them as soon as you get in the store then start looking around or w/e.

The problem is that GS/EB prints them out it is almost like receipt paper and ink and so it isn't really made to last.

I got my card in yesterday and it already looks a little rough just from shipping to me.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I think the original intention was that you were supposed to tack on another $2 as a bonus for subscribing but the card was misleading and I guess they've decided to honor it anyway. They have no way to know we're not subscribers and I think they just want to avoid pissing us off.[/quote]

This could be the case but IDK. I called the phone number at the bottom of the card(i got one in GI issue before my sub. expired) and asked for just the card and the lady on the phone said that if I just wanted the card I would have to mail it in. So they knew about this, weather that was just them not wanting to cause a problem or they really did want to sell the cards for $2 idk.

Is there any number to call for customer service? I sent money order for one about 2 months already still nothing. I didn't want to use my credit card since I heard some people got charged twice for this.

[quote name='aea414']Yes i had that problem on my old edge card(bought in store) they put a piece of tape on it and i keep it in my wallet and the wallet and tape wears away at the numbers and barcode. All you have to do is present the card to GS/EB and they can call GI CS and they can get your account # and print a new sticker for you right in store. Took like 5-10 minutes so you might want to tell them as soon as you get in the store then start looking around or w/e.

The problem is that GS/EB prints them out it is almost like receipt paper and ink and so it isn't really made to last.

I got my card in yesterday and it already looks a little rough just from shipping to me.

This could be the case but IDK. I called the phone number at the bottom of the card(i got one in GI issue before my sub. expired) and asked for just the card and the lady on the phone said that if I just wanted the card I would have to mail it in. So they knew about this, weather that was just them not wanting to cause a problem or they really did want to sell the cards for $2 idk.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue, I think I may do this next time I stop by. The number is all faded and the card has only been in my wallet for about a month.

[quote name='manthing']I sent out my $2 MO yesterday, 2/19/08. Hopefully it takes less than 3 weeks, as I live about 10 miles from the address.[/quote]

Just a follow-up:

I got this card on Saturday. I didn't post cause I didn't feel like searching for this.

Looks like living 10 miles away was beneficial for something.

[quote name='manthing']Just a follow-up:

I got this card on Saturday. I didn't post cause I didn't feel like searching for this.

Looks like living 10 miles away was beneficial for something.[/quote]

Same story.

Alright it's been about 2 months already sent $2 money order along with the GI postcard and nothing. Now is there any number for customer service or anything for this?

[quote name='aea414']Yes i had that problem on my old edge card(bought in store) they put a piece of tape on it and i keep it in my wallet and the wallet and tape wears away at the numbers and barcode. All you have to do is present the card to GS/EB and they can call GI CS and they can get your account # and print a new sticker for you right in store. Took like 5-10 minutes so you might want to tell them as soon as you get in the store then start looking around or w/e.

[/quote]

Hmm, the guy at GS told me to call the number on the back and ask them - maybe I'll have to go back and harass the guy to call them himself...

They can print you out a new sticker at the store as long as the current sticker is still legible. So if it's beginning to fade, take it to a store.

[quote name='CaoPi']Alright it's been about 2 months already sent $2 money order along with the GI postcard and nothing. Now is there any number for customer service or anything for this?[/quote]

Almost a full month here too. I guess it doesnt work with money orders or something cause theres no records of us actually sending the money. With a check, the company has to honor their deal because you actually get proof that they took the 2 dollars.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Almost a full month here too. I guess it doesnt work with money orders or something cause theres no records of us actually sending the money. With a check, the company has to honor their deal because you actually get proof that they took the 2 dollars.[/quote]

I was getting suspicious of that myself, but apparently at least 1 person in the thread sent out a MO and got his card:

[quote name='manthing']Just a follow-up:

Looks like living 10 miles away was beneficial for something.[/quote]

I don't know, it's been a month so far and I still haven't gotten my card yet. Honestly, I never held out much hope for getting it. I figure if I do awesome, if not well it was 2 bucks.

[quote name='vex11']I figure if I do awesome, if not well it was 2 bucks.[/quote]

That was the exact attitude I had when I sent off the MO for this card. I really didn't expect to get it at all, let alone in under a month

[quote name='SDC']Has anyone tried ordering over the phone? I might give that a shot...[/quote]

Spoke with 3 different people.
All told me I have to mail the postcard in, or print it out and mail it.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Was anyone with the card able to apply it online to Gamestop or Ebgames.com?[/QUOTE]

My $2 card didn't work online for me. Keeps saying to enter a valid number :( I hope it's just a glitch and not blocking out of these $2 cards. I can't imagine that they don't want me to buy anything from them online, and I won't unless my Edge card works, mostly because of all the credit I have on the card, not so much for the used discounts (since I'm not fond of disc-only copies of games.)

[quote name='Led_Zep']They can print you out a new sticker at the store as long as the current sticker is still legible. So if it's beginning to fade, take it to a store.[/quote]

Mine was completely faded about a month after I got it - I went to the store and told the clerk that he had to call customer service or whoever to get it fixed, he called and I guess gave the number on the card (the sticker number was illegible) and then put a new sticker and a clear cover on it.

tried to enter the code in online from the edge card I got through this loophole and it says it's invalid! I emailed customer service and we'll see what happens. I'm demanding my $2 back if they refuse to activate my card.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']tried to enter the code in online from the edge card I got through this loophole and it says it's invalid! I emailed customer service and we'll see what happens. I'm demanding my $2 back if they refuse to activate my card.[/quote]

Same situation here, wouldn't work for me online. Let us know what you hear back from them. I'm hoping its just growing pains due tot he new website functionality, but who knows.

I tried to enter on new website the 12-digit # from my Edge card that I got for $2 but the website wouldn't take it.

Is this $2 Edge card different from the full subscription one? The website mentions the 12-digits from the yellow sticker on the back of card but mine is a white sticker.

[quote name='eau']I tried to enter on new website the 12-digit # from my Edge card that I got for $2 but the website wouldn't take it.

Is this $2 Edge card different from the full subscription one? The website mentions the 12-digits from the yellow sticker on the back of card but mine is a white sticker.[/quote]

That is possible. I had a white sticker on my $2 card, but when I got a new sticker to replace the faded one, the new sticker was yellow.

my sticker is yellow. still doesn't work though. maybe they give it to us but don't activate it until a subscription is placed? that would suck. in which case ymmv if you can talk a clerk into giving you a new sticker.

I tried ordered Tales of Destiny II online and my GI $2 card didn't work either.

For everyone who ordered the GI card and the online system isn't recognizing the account number, it's a known problem.

It was discussed here: Clicky?

The new CAG posting it was recognized by CheapyD as from EB/GS support as well: Clickness

[quote name='Caliburn']
For everyone who ordered the GI card and the online system isn't recognizing the account number, it's a known problem.[/quote]

Any idea when/if it will be fixed?

I got the following not useful response:

Dear Wyatt,
Please ensure that you are using the number that is indicated on the
yellow sticker.

The amount seen is before the discount has been applied, our site won't
display the credit at the time of purchase. Before your order is shipped
and the card has been charged is when the discount will be applied.
Please move forward and complete order and when order has been completed
you will see the discount applied to purchase.

Thank you for being a GameStop customer!
Best regards,
Ilvin
Customer Service Agent

They seemed to miss the point.

CaoPi and Vex11, I guess I was wrong. I just got my card in the mail today so here's to hoping that you also received yours or will receive it sometime this week.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']CaoPi and Vex11, I guess I was wrong. I just got my card in the mail today so here's to hoping that you also received yours or will receive it sometime this week.
[/quote]

Glad you got it. Definitely gives me a bit more hope.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']CaoPi and Vex11, I guess I was wrong. I just got my card in the mail today so here's to hoping that you also received yours or will receive it sometime this week.
[/quote]

I highly doubt so no way to track money order...:cry: It's been more than 2 months even my free blu-rays came already, this was awhile back when I sumbitted them, the same time I sent in the money order. I didn't want to personally enter by credit card info since I have heard several people getting charged twice.

bread's done
Back