Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='io']So, what has the turnaround been for these? I mailed mine in on April 30th, they cashed the check May 16th, and still nada in the mail. It seems like everyone else is getting them quicker?[/quote]

I would say about a month wait from the time you send out.

[quote name='GuardianE']lmao @ the $7 shipping and handling for a CARD?? (in the new PDF)

What a joke.[/quote]

The issue of Game Informer I got today had the mailer card and showed the $2 option for the card.

Sent mine in 5/6, didn't get mine today. Kind of glad to hear others haven't got theirs, maybe it's shipping. I'm in CA, So...

[quote name='my2k2zx2']The issue of Game Informer I got today had the mailer card and showed the $2 option for the card.[/quote]

can anyone else verify this?

[quote name='ets']can anyone else verify this?[/quote]

Yeah. Just go to GS and look through the magazine and you should see it. It's up to you if you want to "borrow" it. ;)

[quote name='io']So, what has the turnaround been for these? I mailed mine in on April 30th, they cashed the check May 16th, and still nada in the mail. It seems like everyone else is getting them quicker?[/QUOTE]
I would check your check image through your bank's website and look in the upper right hand corner for your name and address. The misspelled my last name, added another number to my street address, and made up some zip code that didn't resemble mine. I waited two months after they cashed my check, figured it out, and had to call one of the top guys at Game Informer subscriptions to send it back to me.
But I eventually got it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I would check your check image through your bank's website and look in the upper right hand corner for your name and address. The misspelled my last name, added another number to my street address, and made up some zip code that didn't resemble mine. I waited two months after they cashed my check, figured it out, and had to call one of the top guys at Game Informer subscriptions to send it back to me.
But I eventually got it.[/QUOTE]

Do they stamp or print the address they send it to on your check? I can look at that pretty easily I guess but I wouldn't figure any error would be shown to me like that!

Hmm - Just checked it out. It appears they circled my name on the upper left but nothing is printed on the upper right or on the back except their Wells Fargo deposit stamp. I did write "Edge Card" in the "For" line - that can be seen clearly enough :lol:.

mailed: 4/28
check deposited: 5/5
card received: 6/5

yellow sticker on back says: Valid Thru: 0609

i also used my camera phone to take a picture of the back since the sticker has been known to fade

thanks crunchewy! :applause:

[quote name='tofuji']

i also used my camera phone to take a picture of the back since the sticker has been known to fade

[/quote]

Mine was really faded when I received it so I went to a GS/EB and they printed off a new sticker for mine because they couldn't get it to scan. You might want to go to your local store and ask them to do the same.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I sent my $2 in last month and got my card today. Had the yellow sticker on the back, "Good Until 6/09." They cashed my $2 check Monday.[/quote]
Just got mine today, pretty much what this guy said.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Mine was really faded when I received it so I went to a GS/EB and they printed off a new sticker for mine because they couldn't get it to scan. You might want to go to your local store and ask them to do the same.[/quote]

thanks glockglock.

mine wasn't actually faded, i just expect it to eventually. :)

[quote name='io']Do they stamp or print the address they send it to on your check? I can look at that pretty easily I guess but I wouldn't figure any error would be shown to me like that!

Hmm - Just checked it out. It appears they circled my name on the upper left but nothing is printed on the upper right or on the back except their Wells Fargo deposit stamp. I did write "Edge Card" in the "For" line - that can be seen clearly enough :lol:.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they (or someone :whistle2:?) hand wrote my name and address on the check when they received/cashed it.

[quote name='tofuji']mailed: 4/28
check deposited: 5/5
card received: 6/5

yellow sticker on back says: Valid Thru: 0609

thanks crunchewy! :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shinryuu']Just got mine today, pretty much what this guy said.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilboo']I just got mine today, after a few days of my check being cashed :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... It looks like maybe they cashed checks all month in May and then mailed them out in bulk just recently. Hopefully my great distance from everything (out here in the Pacific NW) means I'll get mine within the next few days. Where do they get mailed from? Until I read back to tofuji's post there I was getting steamed since I think the others mailed them much later than late April and were getting them sent within days of the check cashing. I was going to call them tomorrow but I guess I'll give it till Monday at least.

[quote name='ddrpower']I think they sent them out in bulk too. I'm here in CA, and haven't received mine, so I'm giving them a while.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I should update - got mine today ;).

So, I mailed the check in 4/30, they cashed it 5/16, got the card 6/6 But it definetly seems they bulk mailed them June 2nd (the postmark on my envelope). It came regular first-class mail (plain envelope) from Minneapolis.

though ironic, i re-upped instore for 15. that gamedays coupon will be clutch, and gs has been really good to me so i thought i'd give back :)

[quote name='monkeydeew']though ironic, i re-upped instore for 15. that gamedays coupon will be clutch, and gs has been really good to me so i thought i'd give back :)[/QUOTE]

I trekked all the way to the Mall to get some Gamedays stuff and left the coupon I printed at home. They wouldn't (or couldn't) give me the discount and I just couldn't make the purchases knowing I'd lose out on that, so it was a wasted trip (though the rest of the family did stuff they wanted to do so it was wasted just for me ;)). You'd think they would accomodate, though, to make the sale. It was quite clear they had tons of stock of these games and they weren't selling to any great degree. However, they had gutted and stickered every single copy so I was kind of iffy on getting them at all in the first place.

[quote name='io']Oh yeah, I should update - got mine today ;).

So, I mailed the check in 4/30, they cashed it 5/16, got the card 6/6 But it definetly seems they bulk mailed them June 2nd (the postmark on my envelope). It came regular first-class mail (plain envelope) from Minneapolis.[/quote]

IO, im very disappointed that you didn't send this in long time ago. ;)

In the 4 days I've had this new card I've already gotten $7.10 in bonus credit from it (that is my Edge bonus gotten along side the extra $10 for 2 games trade deal - traded 14 games yeterday). There was a little apprehension that it wouldn't work the first time but as soon as that first scan went through I was good to go...

So I just loaded up the PDF in the OP. And I think they changed it. It now says EDGE card for $10 ($7.00 S&H) What the fuck?

Can I just send in the picture version which has it at $2.00 and they should honor it?

Anyone have a copy of the old PDF they can post? I'm thinking I'll make a one-time use credit card number (since I hate the idea of sending a check, after some identity fraud issues) and mail it ASAP, hoping there's a grace period...

[quote name='Justin42']Anyone have a copy of the old PDF they can post? I'm thinking I'll make a one-time use credit card number (since I hate the idea of sending a check, after some identity fraud issues) and mail it ASAP, hoping there's a grace period...[/quote]

Just use the Pics that were posted they still say $2

I just sent mine out using the pics from the first page. I just used an old Visa gift card with $2.15 left on it. Finally, I'll get something useful with it.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Mine was really faded when I received it so I went to a GS/EB and they printed off a new sticker for mine because they couldn't get it to scan. You might want to go to your local store and ask them to do the same.[/QUOTE]
I just came back from the store and they couldn't read it at all. We tried a couple things it might be, but none of them worked. They even called in and tried to look it up by address, but since I don't have a Game Informer subscription, they didn't find me there. Wasn't there someone from GS/GI in this thread earlier "fixing" people's card for use online? I could use some help.

SUPER IMPORTANT EDIT FOR FADED CARDS:

Look at the card under a black light. The printing leaves marks on the sticker which you can still make out under a black light. Trippy.

Got my card yesterday and used it today to pricematch some used GBC games I bought recently from the 25% off sale.

Other than the guys at GS looking at it and mumbling something to each other (the only thing I heard was "look, it's from headquarters, haha", it worked like a charm. :D

Good luck to those who're trying now to get it for $2!

[quote name='radjago']I just came back from the store and they couldn't read it at all. We tried a couple things it might be, but none of them worked. They even called in and tried to look it up by address, but since I don't have a Game Informer subscription, they didn't find me there. Wasn't there someone from GS/GI in this thread earlier "fixing" people's card for use online? I could use some help.
[/QUOTE]

You inspired me to make a xerox of my card right now so I have the number saved, at least. I used it at 3 stores yesterday and while it is perfectly readable they still couldn't scan it at 1 of the 3 so that might be a sign of "weak" ink ;).

I have the perfect solution for preventing your cards from fading. It's kind of tricky though. Make sure you don't void the warranty on your card. First, find some clear tape. Tear a piece off. Now, CAREFULLY, place the tape over the barcode. If all went well, your barcode/number will be safe from fading. ;)

I know it sounds dumb, but I do it to all my membership cards, and it prevents me from having to get a new one every month.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I have the perfect solution for preventing your cards from fading. It's kind of tricky though. Make sure you don't void the warranty on your card. First, find some clear tape. Tear a piece off. Now, CAREFULLY, place the tape over the barcode. If all went well, your barcode/number will be safe from fading. ;)

I know it sounds dumb, but I do it to all my membership cards, and it prevents me from having to get a new one every month.[/QUOTE]

EB/GS employees are now supposed to put those big round stickers covering up barcode so it doesn't fade. So take should be fine too I'd think, if they (most likely) forgot to do that.

[quote name='Vinny'][quote name='Access_Denied']I have the perfect solution for preventing your cards from fading. It's kind of tricky though. Make sure you don't void the warranty on your card. First, find some clear tape. Tear a piece off. Now, CAREFULLY, place the tape over the barcode. If all went well, your barcode/number will be safe from fading. ;)

I know it sounds dumb, but I do it to all my membership cards, and it prevents me from having to get a new one every month.[/quote]EB/GS employees are now supposed to put those big round stickers covering up barcode so it doesn't fade. So take should be fine too I'd think, if they (most likely) forgot to do that.[/quote]

When my original one faded and I got a new sticker at GS, the guy working there put a clear sticker over the new barcode.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I have the perfect solution for preventing your cards from fading. It's kind of tricky though. Make sure you don't void the warranty on your card. First, find some clear tape. Tear a piece off. Now, CAREFULLY, place the tape over the barcode. If all went well, your barcode/number will be safe from fading. ;)

I know it sounds dumb, but I do it to all my membership cards, and it prevents me from having to get a new one every month.[/QUOTE]

Mine came with tape already covering it, but the ink still got rubbed away in the 60 or so days I've been carrying it in my wallet. It does tend to be pretty rough on the collection of cards retailers have forced me to carry. I need to get one of those All-Ett wallets.

[quote name='radjago']Mine came with tape already covering it, but the ink still got rubbed away in the 60 or so days I've been carrying it in my wallet. It does tend to be pretty rough on the collection of cards retailers have forced me to carry. I need to get one of those All-Ett wallets.[/quote]
Whoa, from the online pictures, that wallet is like magic! I don't even understand how it does it!

I never got around to mailing this in but I still have a filled out card in an envelope with the postage paid card taped on the outside lol somewhere in my drawer. I may go ahead and mail it tomorrow with a personal check for $2.00.

Anybody know if this'll still work. I noticed that the card in the pdf from the link shows the EDGE card as $10 (after $7 S&H) Maybe it was intended to be $2 on top of the subscription but they felt they had to honor it with all the $2 checks coming in. I wonder what would happen if I just sent in the old printed out one..

Speaking of which, have people just printed out both sides of the subscription card in the OP and glued them together or what? I didn't see any description of what to do with it and I don't like to read...

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Anybody know if this'll still work. I noticed that the card in the pdf from the link shows the EDGE card as $10 (after $7 S&H) Maybe it was intended to be $2 on top of the subscription but they felt they had to honor it with all the $2 checks coming in. I wonder what would happen if I just sent in the old printed out one..

Speaking of which, have people just printed out both sides of the subscription card in the OP and glued them together or what? I didn't see any description of what to do with it and I don't like to read...[/quote]

Print out the side of the GI cutout that has the "No Postage necessary if mailed within the United States," and take it to the front of a normal sized envelope. Inside, have your check and also the backside of the cutout (or you can just print both sides), which has the boxes where you fill in your name, address, and check the EDGE Card discount.

And personally, I don't think that sending in the old version will work, unless you somehow manipulate the time stamp. But if they cash your check, that most likely means that they'll send you the card (at least, it did back when the pdf still said $2).

So, yeah, just got the latest issue of Game Informer today (with Infamous on the cover). The inserts for subscriptions now definitely are $10 for the Edge card by itself. So.... anybody still wanting one for $2 better get a hold of an old issue soon.

[quote name='mkernan']So, yeah, just got the latest issue of Game Informer today (with Infamous on the cover). The inserts for subscriptions now definitely are $10 for the Edge card by itself. So.... anybody still wanting one for $2 better get a hold of an old issue soon.[/QUOTE]

I checked inside my June 2008 issue of Game Informer and found the card with the Edge Card $2.00 option. The date on the lower right corner of the card was 6/08. I mailed it with a personal check for $2.00. There is no reason for them to deny my order because the date on the card shows the offer is still valid.

[quote name='CGH']I checked inside my June 2008 issue of Game Informer and found the card with the Edge Card $2.00 option. The date on the lower right corner of the card was 6/08. I mailed it with a personal check for $2.00. There is no reason for them to deny my order because the date on the card shows the offer is still valid.[/quote]

True. I'm referring to the July issue. Just a heads up for those who wanted to do this but haven't yet.

Thought I'd give this one last bump!

Some GS stores I visited yesterday still had free copies of June's (GH IV) issue on the counter. Inside is the $2 version of the order card.
My current $2 card does not expire until early next year but $2 instead of $10 has motivated me to order another card. I hope it does not arrive until August, which puts me at $4 plus 2 stamps for 16-17 months Vs $10 for 12 months...

Just a thought....

I mailed off a copy of the JPG from the first page a few weeks ago, and today there is a $2 pending charge from Gameinformer on my credit card. (I sent them a "one time use" credit card number from my bank with a max allowed charge of $5) Looking good so far.

Does this still work? I printed out my form, filled it out, put it in envelope with $2 check and am going to drop it in mail tonight. Hopefully it still works, my old edge card expires this month and just now found this thread...

bread's done
Back