Congrats Book! You just won the Super Bowl OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Got ME2 :whee:[/QUOTE]

Just started playing it and I'm loving it. The combat and interface system is so much better than ME1.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holy crap at the reveal of the Darksiders code![/QUOTE]

What?

So, I come back from lunch with a few co-workers and I totally see my boss ditching work.

I get back to my desk, check my e-mail. It goes:

"I’m heading home for the day. My excuse is that I’m meeting a client for more Board meeting prep.
If either one of you can get out of here little early, please do so."

Awesome. I totally knew it too because earlier today he asked me "hey, are you leaving early today?"

516_BD_box_348x490.jpg

:)

Walkabout and Fritz Lang's M on Blu-ray too.

Bioshock 2's storyline is not really relevant to the main story in Bioshock right? So if I play Bioshock 2 without finishing Bioshock first, would anything be spoiled for me?

[quote name='JJSP']Linkin, go finish Bioshock 1 now.

The rest of you, www.5minutesbeforethecrash.com[/QUOTE]

I'm working on it, I started back up yesterday. I want to crack open Bioshock 2 to try out MP though, and though I might test out the campaign as well, but guess I'll hold off on that till I'm done with the first.

Whoa. Criterion is releasing The Fugitive Kind?

I guess I no longer need the copy I bought at Big Lots for $2.00.

Mickey,

Thanks for making our album your avatar on CheapAssGamer.com!

- Story of the Year

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Bioshock 2's storyline is not really relevant to the main story in Bioshock right? So if I play Bioshock 2 without finishing Bioshock first, would anything be spoiled for me?[/QUOTE]

HIGHLY relevant.
Do not play BS2 until you've played and finished BS.
SeanR says MP sucks anyway... he played long enough to get the easy achievements and said he's already done with it.

[quote name='Brak']Mickey,

Thanks for making our album your avatar on CheapAssGamer.com!

- Story of the Year
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

It's just signed, not personalized, and my avatar is from Rise Against. I'll be updating it soon though ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']HIGHLY relevant.
Do not play BS2 until you've played and finished BS.
SeanR says MP sucks anyway... he played long enough to get the easy achievements and said he's already done with it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was like a whole other story with some connections but nothing major.

Sucks about the MP, but I can't really believe Sean, he loved UTIII...I'll have to try it out later today.

BioShock's multiplayer is fun.

shoe-on awwwr is probably playing it on the PS3, like some sort of psychopath.

[quote name='Brak']BioShock's multiplayer is fun.

shoe-on awwwr is probably playing it on the PS3, like some sort of psychopath.[/QUOTE]

He must be, because the 360 and PS3 have entirely different multiplayer modes. :roll:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

Cool, thanks. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was like a whole other story with some connections but nothing major.

Sucks about the MP, but I can't really believe Sean, he loved UTIII...I'll have to try it out later today.[/QUOTE]

No, they're not entirely intertwined, but the amount of overlap... you just wouldn't have the same experience if you don't know the entire first story.

Like when they make reference to Atlas's research... and just tell you it's coded W-Y-K. Without experiencing the first game, you'd be like "what? W-Y-K? huh?"... but if you played the first through (or at least far enough) you'd get the reference and it would enrich the experience. The same goes for hearing names and seeing places you might have heard about or come across in the first game. You'll just have a better experience if you play the second game second. Especially since the second game feels A LOT like a continuation of the first game.

Is there really anything special about the Final Fantasy XIII 360, other than the 250 GB HDD? Tempted to find a way to convince the wife to let me get it, probably not going to happen (rightfully so), but damn if I don't want a bigger HDD, and am too lazy to mess with the other methods.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, cause the 360 and PS3 have entirely different multiplayer modes. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah. 'Cos that's what I was alluding to, stupid. :smug f a g g o t smiley:

[quote name='Brak']Yeah. 'Cos that's what I was alluding to, stupid. :smug f a g g o t smiley:[/QUOTE]

I must be stupid. I think SeanR playing the game on PS3 has no bearing on whether or not he believes the multiplayer stinks. (And for what it's worth, if you're trying to undermine SeanR's [bold] opinions, you should take some pointers from Linkin. His love of UT3 is a much bigger strike against his opinions on any game's multiplayer than his choice of platform. :cool:)

[quote name='craven_fiend']Is there really anything special about the Final Fantasy XIII 360, other than the 250 GB HDD? Tempted to find a way to convince the wife to let me get it, probably not going to happen (rightfully so), but damn if I don't want a bigger HDD, and am too lazy to mess with the other methods.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think their is. From what I'd seen last listed, it's a 360 Elite, maybe with some FFXIII artwork, the 250gb drive, and a standard edition copy of FFXIII.

My point was this: Everyone - EVERYONE - who plays competitive shooters on the PSN absolutely sucks at video games. Having no competition in a competitive multiplayer game would be boring.

That's what I was alluding to, comically.

The existence and reliance of Windows makes PC gaming kinda suck.

[quote name='Brak']The existence and reliance of Windows makes PC gaming kinda suck.[/QUOTE]

PC gaming is awesome. Windows just separates the wheat from the chaff. Sorta like xbox multiplayer separates the men from the boys of psn multiplayer.

I do have to say one thing, I haven't tried the BS2 multi yet. My copy should arrive next week. But every video I've seen of it screams suckfest to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.

PC gaming was awesome when my rig was killer, now not so much.
__
I was super stressed and broke down and smoked for the first time in 3 months. That head rush was bee eee ayy youteefull.

Aren't you a little too young to be smoking marijuana cigarettes, DarthPuma?

You better make good on that promise to give me all of your old Beatles albums now that I'm going to UF, stoneface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back