Congrats Book! You just won the Super Bowl OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flowery']This is two weeks in a row without Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

Also, the weather is to bad to go across town to watch the Kentucky game. I hope there is a good stream up since I don't have ESPNU.
[/QUOTE]

Vandy is beating up on Tennessee, so that's always a plus. Unless of course they come out on fire on Saturday. I'm surprised UK didn't get Florida too for their rival week.

[quote name='flowery']Looks like Bonnaroo is going to be another good showing. I need to get down there one year.[/QUOTE]

My friends go down there every year. Always get plastered too. But what do you expect down there.

So I didn't go to classes today. Massive student walkout protest was planned to fight ridiculous budget cuts to higher education in Nevada, and 2 of 4 of my classes were cancelled and one is a joke class.

I just stayed home and played Mass Effect 2 all day and checked out the protest on the news.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You should go there instead of spending all that money on the Orlando Magic, flowery.[/QUOTE]

I am going to see LeBron mainly.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Vandy is beating up on Tennessee, so that's always a plus. Unless of course they come out on fire on Saturday. I'm surprised UK didn't get Florida too for their rival week.

My friends go down there every year. Always get plastered too. But what do you expect down there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but fuck Tennessee. A bunch of friends are going to the College Gameday broadcast in Rupp but I can't stand anyone on that show and their fucking opinions.

[quote name='JJSP']No class this Friday, the following Monday, and next Tuesday. Hooray for furloughs and holidays![/QUOTE]

Didja figure out that iPhone thing?

gif

So I guess this is a stupid question, but what's the difference between a BA and a BS? This scholarship form asks what kind of degree I'll be pursuing and I don't know which to choose. It seems more complicated than one simply being for sciences and the other for arts?

[quote name='Rocko']So I guess this is a stupid question, but what's the difference between a BA and a BS? This scholarship form asks what kind of degree I'll be pursuing and I don't know which to choose. It seems more complicated than one simply being for sciences and the other for arts?[/QUOTE]

BA - of Arts
BS - of Science

Also, fuck the new Facebook layout

Yeah, I know, but what's the difference between the two? Is it really as simple as one being for the arts and one being for science? I assumed it had something to do with your course load and/or level of study in your major. I mean if it's really just as simple as the two categories then I guess being chemistry I'd choose BS.

And yeah the new Facebook page is shitty.

I'm a little pissed that the History of Violence BluRay I ordered today is going to be here tomorrow but Fargo that I ordered on Saturday probably still won't be. At least shipping was free.

Rocko - Yes, it is that simple. Arts is more for arts obviously, but that includes the arts of the liberal variety. English, history, communications (what ever the fuck that is); that sort of thing.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, I know, but what's the difference between the two? Is it really as simple as one being for the arts and one being for science? I assumed it had something to do with your course load and/or level of study in your major. I mean if it's really just as simple as the two categories then I guess being chemistry I'd choose BS.

And yeah the new Facebook page is shitty.[/QUOTE]

For the most part it's as simple as art versus science. BUT, there's always exceptions to the rule. I know with my major the difference was that BA was geared more towards softer aspects of healthcare as in finding correlations and the BS was geared more towards research and hard science and finding direct cause.

You can also get a BS in liberal art type courses. The BS is geared more towards research and semantics as opposed to the BA being more about the art.

a BS focuses more on your area of specialty, whereas a BA gives you a wider range of skills (you take less classes in your major and more in core courses). Most hard sciences people go with a BS and most liberal arts/humanities/arts go with a BA

I say it like gift, which is the only correct way to say it I might add. Until you mentioned, I have never heard of anyone pronouncing it like Jif.

Why does every type of candy with assorted flavors seem to have more of the shitty flavor (yellow) than anything else? It's like they know people like them less so they put more in.

Rocko, the big difference I know of with a BA and a BS is that a BA requires a foreign language and more humanities/economics courses. My BS only required a small amount of general studies type courses (World Civ/English/Humanities/Economics/Public Speaking).

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, I know, but what's the difference between the two? Is it really as simple as one being for the arts and one being for science? I assumed it had something to do with your course load and/or level of study in your major. I mean if it's really just as simple as the two categories then I guess being chemistry I'd choose BS.

And yeah the new Facebook page is shitty.[/QUOTE]

Had to be a smart ass. I really had no clue outside of Arts vs Sciences. I'll wager you get your degree before I get mine. Though in fairness, I should've gotten mine out of high school, then I might actually work somewhere where I don't have to worry about layoffs hitting. I can only dream and live the stay at home dad life for now. If only I wouldn't have hated going to class and skip class on random days to go to the mall and just buy random shit....

I am contemplating strictly using FB on my iTouch or cell. That's how bad the new layout is. And I've only had the new layout for half a day.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']It was in a song. I guess they didn't edit it out.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I was thinking someone said it, and thought "they're going to be in a fuckload of trouble."

I've had the new FB layout since yesterday. It's just really shitty. I mean, they got rid of the toolbar at the bottom, yet it's still there for chat. Might as well have kept it there if you're going to keep chat down there.

And I mean FB chat is really shitty anyway, half the time when I use it I get errors.

@manthing Tried both ways, but didn't get very far. I'll probably take another shot at it tomorrow. I think the update screwed me.

I say jiff.

[quote name='Rocko']I've had the new FB layout since yesterday. It's just really shitty. I mean, they got rid of the toolbar at the bottom, yet it's still there for chat. Might as well have kept it there if you're going to keep chat down there.

And I mean FB chat is really shitty anyway, half the time when I use it I get errors.[/QUOTE]

The wife has had it since some point last week. She hates it too. I just have no luck with anything working properly since the "upgrade".

Yeah, the chat feature is useless to me.

[quote name='darthbudge']I say it like gift, which is the only correct way to say it I might add. Until you mentioned, I have never heard of anyone pronouncing it like Jif.[/QUOTE]
Granted its wikipedia but....

According to the creator of the GIF format, Steve Wilhite, the original pronunciation deliberately echoes that of an American peanut butter brand, Jif, and the employees of CompuServe would often say "Choosy developers choose GIF", spoofing this brand's television commercials

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gif#Pronunciation

Half the time when I visit Facebook now, all of the shit on my news feed is like 3 hours old, and doesn't update when I refresh, only if I click on the Facebook bookmark I have will it update to current time.

I don't know, Jimbo. I'm retarded when it comes to that stuff. All I know is the store updated my phone when he activated it, and now I think my options are limited. If you can point me in the right direction, I'm all ears.

[quote name='Rocko']Half the time when I visit Facebook now, all of the shit on my news feed is like 3 hours old, and doesn't update when I refresh, only if I click on the Facebook bookmark I have will it update to current time.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I know there are people on my lists that update constantly or atleast hourly.

[quote name='Rocko']Half the time when I visit Facebook now, all of the shit on my news feed is like 3 hours old, and doesn't update when I refresh, only if I click on the Facebook bookmark I have will it update to current time.[/QUOTE]Got to click on Most Recent to get the latest updates and in order. Top news gives you what facebook thinks is big news to you.

Yeah, I know. This happens when I'm on most recent. It's like a cache problem, I guess, but it's only been happening since the update.

The top news thing is also really obnoxious, because I already hide status update from people I don't care about.

Wow, the Air Force stole "Fell in Love With a Girl" for their shitty Super Bowl commercial. I had assumed that it was one of those lame deals where they can license it without the artist's consent. I hope they sue the shit out of them.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-protest-super-bowl-ad-for-air-force-reserve/

---

I used the guides on iClarified whenever I had to do that, JJSP, but I'm not really familiar with how it works on the newer updated 3GS'. I remember reading that the jailbreak on newer phones was kind of shitty and not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back