Consolidated Metroid Prime Trilogy Thread: GameStop-Exclusive T-Shirt

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
230637b.jpg

Amazon- Metroid Prime Trilogy - $46.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ATY7JE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
There appears to be no regular edition listed, and the Collector's Edition also appear to be exclusive to Amazon.

Best Buy- $49.99 + $10 GC
[quote name='eau']BestBuy RZ members get a free $10 GC with in-store purchase of the game.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_METRD[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy- $49.99 with Free Baseball Cap
http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=14445
pre_metroid.jpg

GameStop- Metroid Prime Trilogy - with Bonus!- $49.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74982

Pre-order at GameStop for a free t-shirt, seen below (yep, awesome):
230637_bonusLG.jpg

Text from Joystiq's article:

If you were jealous of Japan's New Play Control releases of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, don't be. Nintendo of America just announced plans to release all three (non-pinball) Metroid Prime games on a single Wii disc as Metroid Prime Trilogy. The press release says that it was developed by "Retro Studios and Nintendo." Did Retro itself work on the refit before leaving Nintendo, or does the Retro credit apply only to the original games?

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be enhanced with a widescreen mode and the pointer-based Wii controls from the Japanese re-releases. Metroid Prime 3 won't be, because it was already a Wii game and already has them. The collection will feature a "new unlockables system" that allows access to bonus artwork and other rewards based on accomplishments in all three games -- Corruption's "token" system applied to the whole series.

Trilogy will be out in North America on August 24 for $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='viernes3am5']Has anyone seen pre-order boxes of Metroid at Best Buy? I already preordered at Gamestop to get the poster and t-shirt but the BB deal is better except I can't find Metroid on their website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah can you confirm that they had the bonus items?

[quote name='HuBu']Yeah can you confirm that they had the bonus items?[/QUOTE]

I actually ended up preordering at two stores. One had the t-shirt and poster and the other only had the shirt so I have to shirts and one poster. The stores should have already received the bonus items. I'll probably cancel my preorders because Best Buy's deal is better with the $10 gift card.

[quote name='viernes3am5']I actually ended up preordering at two stores. One had the t-shirt and poster and the other only had the shirt so I have to shirts and one poster. The stores should have already received the bonus items. I'll probably cancel my preorders because Best Buy's deal is better with the $10 gift card.[/QUOTE]

nooooo...now i have to go preorder somewhere else to get the poster

[quote name='Boeing 747']Are they meant to give you the items at preorder or did they just slip up?[/QUOTE]

Well, technically you're supposed to get them when you pick up the game but you can certainly try asking them when you pre-order. The two gamestops where I preordered I had to specifically remind them of the bonus items and they gave me the shirt and poster without any problems. Of course it does help that the manager was the one that was working and knows that I'm regularily in there to buy stuff (a somewhat false impression created by the time I spent flipping last year). I'd just ask for the items if I were you but I really think it depends on the sales associate.

Okay, whoa whoa whoa, anyone know the deal with Gamestop's Metroid Prime pre-order goodies?

The poster isn't listed on the site and the T-shirt is backordered.

If I'm getting neither I'm going to go ahead and cancel my pre-order. Without the bonuses there's no reason for me to pre-order it.

[quote name='viernes3am5']Well, technically you're supposed to get them when you pick up the game but you can certainly try asking them when you pre-order. The two gamestops where I preordered I had to specifically remind them of the bonus items and they gave me the shirt and poster without any problems. Of course it does help that the manager was the one that was working and knows that I'm regularily in there to buy stuff (a somewhat false impression created by the time I spent flipping last year). I'd just ask for the items if I were you but I really think it depends on the sales associate.[/QUOTE]

Ah, since mine is a pretty new Gamestop, they tend to be a bit more strict with things i'd imagine.

I had a manager who seemed to know what he was doing, maybe I'll go in next time I'm in the area and see, since if I get the two bonuses I'll go and get the $10 gift card from BB.

Okay Gamestop, you're redeemed.

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that the poster bonus item advertised along with Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii is no longer available. While this item was advertised as "While Supplies Last", we do understand you were counting on this bonus item. Because we sold out we would instead like to offer you a coupon for $10 off a future order at GameStop.com.

To redeem your $10 off coupon, simply enter the following code where prompted during checkout:

Please note that this code will not apply to gift cards or video game consoles.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies and if you have any further questions, you can contact us at (800) 883-8895 or send an email to [email protected].

Thank you,
GameStop.com Customer Service

Canceled my Muramasa pre-order and re-ordered with the code. :)

I may not get a Metroid poster but at least I'm still (hopefully) getting the muramasa artwork.

[quote name='maximumzero']Okay Gamestop, you're redeemed.

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that the poster bonus item advertised along with Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii is no longer available. While this item was advertised as "While Supplies Last", we do understand you were counting on this bonus item. Because we sold out we would instead like to offer you a coupon for $10 off a future order at GameStop.com.

To redeem your $10 off coupon, simply enter the following code where prompted during checkout:

We would like to offer our sincere apologies and if you have any further questions, you can contact us at (800) 883-8895 or send an email to [email protected].

Thank you,
GameStop.com Customer Service[/QUOTE]Makes me wonder if I'm going to get boned next week when I run it to pick up my copy pre-ordered at the B&M store.

I better get my poster. I pre-ordered the game a month ago and Metroid is my baby. Whoevers at Gamestop working that day when i go to pick it up and its not there will get a hulk-smash to the face

[quote name='prateeko']So is the poster out for everybody or just new orders? I Pre-ordered during the first week they went up at GS.com...[/QUOTE]

I ordered on 7/9, for record's sake.

[quote name='prateeko']So is the poster out for everybody or just new orders? I Pre-ordered during the first week they went up at GS.com...[/QUOTE]

I ordered it July 2 and today got the email about no poster and they gave me a $10 code for a future purchase.

I ordered forever ago and got an email saying they were out of the poster. As long as I get my t-shirt though I'll be happy, they hadn't even announced the poster when I pre-ordered and a $10 coupon is much more useful than something I'll never use.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Holy crap, what a deal. This seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo. But good game Nintendo, good game.[/QUOTE]

Still, does anyone else have the feeling this is an attempt to recover some of their lost fanbase (such as myself and anyone who gives a damn about a good Zelda, Mario, or Metroid game)? It just feels somewhat funny to me.

[quote name='DigitalShrapnel']Still, does anyone else have the feeling this is an attempt to recover some of their lost fanbase (such as myself and anyone who gives a damn about a good Zelda, Mario, or Metroid game)? It just feels somewhat funny to me.[/QUOTE]

I dont think they care too much about the hardcore fanbase they lost, they created such a HUGE casual gamer fanbase that keeps the money rolling in for Nintendo. Wii/ DS are known mostly for pleasing the moms, pops, and others who dont play video games that much because of time or they are new to the gaming scene. Its kinda sad as I miss the Nintendo that made more epic games within their franchises and even created new ones every once in awhile. None of this shovelware crap that is so common and far outnumbers their own Nintendo brand games we currently deal with these days.

[quote name='shrike4242']Makes me wonder if I'm going to get boned next week when I run it to pick up my copy pre-ordered at the B&M store.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Damn half the reason I'm buying this is for the bonuses too, I don't have a hell of a lot of desire to play them at this moment so if they do come up as gone at my store I might as well just hold off and wait for some kind of deal.

[quote name='DigitalShrapnel']Still, does anyone else have the feeling this is an attempt to recover some of their lost fanbase (such as myself and anyone who gives a damn about a good Zelda, Mario, or Metroid game)? [/QUOTE]The new Metroid seems to do that. This rerelease, on the other hand, seems like more of an attempt to wring some additional money out of a particular game that wasn't able to meet sales expectations.

Has anyone had issues with the "making up for the poster" coupon at Gamestop? It worked when I first added it to the order, but it wouldn't let me use it towards an in store pick up. I tried to change the shipping method but now it doesn't work at all. I'm starting to remember why I never order games from these jokers. I better get my freakin t-shirt...

Glad I chose to just go with the $10 BB gift card B&M and not pre-order, though I would have liked a poster. I wonder what happened?

[quote name='Thrinn']The new Metroid seems to do that. This rerelease, on the other hand, seems like more of an attempt to wring some additional money out of a particular game that wasn't able to meet sales expectations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. Also, a lot of people I run into say that Prime 3 was the worst of the trilogy - although they don't specify whether it was the controls in particular that give them that opinion. I haven't actually played Corruption, but rereleasing the first two under it's controls just seems strange. I think the GC Prime games' controls were the best console FPS controls (barring Timesplitters 2 on the GC), so why mess with them. As you said, it looks a lot like a cash-in, but we'll see how it works out.

/rambling

The controls on Corruption are an absolute dream, and totally intuitive. The controls in 1 and 2 are good, once you get used to them, but I'm still stoked to try Wii controls with them. Hence the whole "buying this game even though I own all three" thing.

After playing MP3 with Wii controls, I wanted to play MP1 again, but without Wii controls I couldn't really get used to it again.

That and widescreen are the reasons I wanted the Trilogy. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if they hadn't added Wii controls to MP1 and MP2.

I agree that MP1 and MP2 on GCN had good controls, but I think the Wii controls will be much easier and more intuitive.

So, Amazon is still offering the poster for preorders (and I guess current orders now, as it can't be preordered anymore), and I've never gotten an e-mail saying they have pulled it... do preorder bonuses usually show up on Amazon's shipping invoices? Mine just has the game as "shipping soon".. but then again, neither Dissidia's or Batman's preorder bonuses aren't on the invoices either, so I just think Amazon doesn't list them.

Hoping I still get the poster... as I mentioned earlier, Amazon still lists it as part of the package so if you order it now, you should get one. Poster looks sweet, I'm looking forward to it almost as much as the game.

Im laughing at this thread.

Lots of whining how this is cash in.

Nintendo originally wanted to re-released MP 1 and 2 with wii controls for 39.99 each. Getting all three games for 40 dollars in a steelbook with trade bonuses is a godsend compared to their original plan.

I'm a cheapass and I'm even in on this one.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Im laughing at this thread.

Nintendo originally wanted to re-released MP 1 and 2 with wii controls for 39.99 each. Getting all three games for 40 dollars in a steelbook with trade bonuses is a godsend compared to their original plan.

I'm a cheapass and I'm even in on this one.[/QUOTE]

Please don't say we're whining - say we're the quality filter :D

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this package now that I know what they were planning originally, but it's not going to get me to rebuy Prime and Echoes unless they have more extras like an unlockable copy of Super Metroid (as was planned for the original release of Echoes).

[quote name='maximumzero']Okay Gamestop, you're redeemed.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you,
GameStop.com Customer Service[/QUOTE]

Damn, you guys are lucky, I've emailed them about not getting preorder bonuses before and all I get is "We know, fuck off."

im just suped cuz i work at a game crazy, but I preordered at gamestop cuz of the shirt.... then i went to work the other day and BAM there's 5 hats there and I was like "CRAP!" but NO ONE preordered it at my store at ALL so they were up for grabs. So I get the hat AND the t-shirt. Very very awesome. We left one or 2 there for people who buy it when it comes in this week, but thats about it. Now i can be a bigtime nerd walking around wearing the shirt and hat. lol

I'm gonna have to agree with you here. I skipped all of last generation (Outside of the GBA & Dreamcast) so I've never played any of the Metroid Prime titles.

I borrowed 1 & 2 from a friend shortly after I got my Wii but I never got more than about an hour into either, so all three games here are new to me.

I would have bought both games at the $30 New Play Control Price, so it's nice of Nintendo to put this together for those folks that have never played any of 'em.

[quote name='animalspinners']So, Amazon is still offering the poster for preorders (and I guess current orders now, as it can't be preordered anymore), and I've never gotten an e-mail saying they have pulled it... do preorder bonuses usually show up on Amazon's shipping invoices? Mine just has the game as "shipping soon".. but then again, neither Dissidia's or Batman's preorder bonuses aren't on the invoices either, so I just think Amazon doesn't list them.

Hoping I still get the poster... as I mentioned earlier, Amazon still lists it as part of the package so if you order it now, you should get one. Poster looks sweet, I'm looking forward to it almost as much as the game.[/QUOTE]
I contacted Amazon on Saturday (was thinking about switching my order from GameStop to them) to see if they had any more posters available. They said that if I placed my order then I would still receive a poster, so you should be good.

my good, i said 40 dollars, i meant 50...but really 29.99 for us close to a fred meyer. Goodbye gamestop preorder, especially now since I have a sinking feeling in my chest I would of gotten shafted on the metroid shirt and poster anyhow.

If I dont get the shirt and poster I will be pissed. I stopped in on Saturday and they said they had a shirt and a poster put away for each pre-order but later in the day I stopped again and asked a different guy and he said they didnt get the pre-order bonuses in yet, and that they should ship with the game for Tuesday.

I was pretty bummed about not getting the poster from GameStop.com, so I tried hitting up some local B&M stores to see if they had an extra one.

The first two said no, so tonight I drove twenty miles to a third one. Got my poster! It's really nice; has the poster art on one side and the cover art on the other.

Did anyone who preordered this from Amazon not have it ship today (Monday)?

With two day shipping, it should have shipped Mon and been here Wed... however it still hasn't shipped yet (from Amazon), and they are telling me it will be here by Thursday.

[quote name='animalspinners']Did anyone who preordered this from Amazon not have it ship today (Monday)?

With two day shipping, it should have shipped Mon and been here Wed... however it still hasn't shipped yet (from Amazon), and they are telling me it will be here by Thursday.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Amazon, but I checked my gamestop order (placed 7/2) this morning and it was backordered.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread for awhile, but has anyone heard anything about the third preorder bonus that was on gamestop.com? Back when I ordered there was a little artbook or something that was listed as an online only bonus, but I see no mention of it in my order, just the backordered t-shirt and game. I can only imagine that theres no chance of getting that either anymore.

[quote name='quijibo42']I don't know about Amazon, but I checked my gamestop order (placed 7/2) this morning and it was backordered.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread for awhile, but has anyone heard anything about the third preorder bonus that was on gamestop.com? Back when I ordered there was a little artbook or something that was listed as an online only bonus, but I see no mention of it in my order, just the backordered t-shirt and game. I can only imagine that theres no chance of getting that either anymore.[/QUOTE]
They gave me the 10 dollar gift for the poster. That's fine since I'm not a big poster dude, was gonna give it to my friend who is a Metroid maniac. I checked my GS order today (ordered 8/1) and now the game is backordered. Anybody else seen this yet. Finally said screw it, cancelled it, and went to Wally World. This makes the second time that GS has *supposedly* ran out of bonus items. The previous one was with a XBox game I ordered for my friend. For the life of me I can't remember the title.

[quote name='quijibo42']I don't know about Amazon, but I checked my gamestop order (placed 7/2) this morning and it was backordered.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread for awhile, but has anyone heard anything about the third preorder bonus that was on gamestop.com? Back when I ordered there was a little artbook or something that was listed as an online only bonus, but I see no mention of it in my order, just the backordered t-shirt and game. I can only imagine that theres no chance of getting that either anymore.[/QUOTE]
Sorry quijibo42. Didn't quite answer your question on my last post.To my somewhat confident knowledge, there was only a poster and a t-shirt as the bonus items for pre-ordering from GS. The artbook you mentioned is actually inside the game case. Go to the site http://metroid.com/primetrilogy/ and click "Explore Now" to view the contents on the tin box. I'm going to assume there is also a game manual in there even though it doesn't show it.

[quote name='tew2110']Sorry quijibo42. Didn't quite answer your question on my last post.To my somewhat confident knowledge, there was only a poster and a t-shirt as the bonus items for pre-ordering from GS. The artbook you mentioned is actually inside the game case. Go to the site http://metroid.com/primetrilogy/ and click "Explore Now" to view the contents on the tin box. I'm going to assume there is also a game manual in there even though it doesn't show it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that little booklet looks the same as what I remember seeing when I preordered so thats good. I feel the same way about the poster, it sounds nice but I probably would have left it in the closet or I guess I could have sold it off or something but I'm happy enough with the $10 coupon. But since I preordered a month and a half ago and still ended up with a backorderd listing, I ended up cancelling my order and heading to the local gamestop where... they hadn't gotten it in yet. They told me that both it and the new Professor Layton game had been left our of their normal shipment. Oh well, at least I have a shirt now I guess.

bread's done
Back