Contest Over - Win one of 4 copies of Contra 4 (DS)!

I was quite fond of the "Alarmist Friday Post" on 11/9. It's a good take on classic video game conventions when looked at from a real world perspective (Plus you can't beat sarcasm...).

I like If You Could Make Any Game A Movie. I would love to see a real Final Fantasy movie that follows one of the games such as Final Fantasy 6. It would be a CG movie like Advent Children but would more closely follow the games like when you acquire new weapons and spells.

"Hitman or Hitmen? The Poster controversy continues" I had been telling people at work about his ad but didn't believe me until Wombat supplied an image.

The article about the pokemon influenced lessons because everyone should learn how to read a sundial. Just incase bandits kidnap your mother and they ask you what time you want to make the switch and your only clock is a sundial. But what happens if its a cloudy day...

I recently became a Dad (congradulations Cheapy and Ms. Cheapy by the way) and this video means something different to me now compared to what it would have meant to me five years ago. So my answer is "a very halo birthday."

To be perfectly honest I never could find the site that Wombat was working at till I found the link here. I thought Wombat really was a little "too fond" of the kids because I thought he was saying "YU-GI-Oh" in a Japanese way. No lie. I just kept trying to find his blog on YU-GI-OH.com which leads to the "for kids network" site. Between that and the Toys-r-us video...well I was worried.

Wombat don't worry thought UGO.com is now bookmark in my browser you now have 1 more loyal reader.

"If You Could Make Any Game A Movie" - fave article so far...

A Gears of War live-action movie would be hawt...

My favorite blog post is "What about the Children?" The interviewer is creepy, the interviewee-- the guy in the tie who is there for the children(I know it's Wombat)-- seems like a weirdo.

Mine definately has to be 'What About the Children?'. It was the first time I saw the Xbox interview and it totally made my day seeing a full grown man stalk so many little children.

My favorite was "If you could make any game a movie..." It really got me wondering and the pitches were great!

Assassin's Cred is my favorite. I normally just skim articles for games I not interested in but this one made me stop and chuckle.

My favorite would be the If You Could Make Any Game A Movie…
the Metroid idea sounds awsome, I can't wait for a Metroid movie.

The "Alarmist Friday Post" addresses one of my biggest concerns ever about Link: Why is he such a juvenile delinquent, breaking into people's homes and destroying their pots and throwing their defenseless Cuckoos!! (Ok, I know... he was *asked* to round up the little chicken-like creatures once in Minish Cap, but that's not a free pass to do it whenever you like!).

Alas, Seth Green and Co. over at Robot Chicken may have found the source of our dear Hylian hero's woes... sexual frustration is a bitch!! (and apparently, so is Zelda; well, at least *this* generation's princess of Hyrule!).

Click away to see what I mean!!

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/robot-chicken-zelda-p1.php

my fave by far is seeing the old school "mario exclusive on atari." it was nice seeing those old commericals.

The Girl On Girl Action (Not Mass Effect Related) one.
For the quote "It really is classic, bad television." -because it's true!

Gotta be Hitman: The Advertisment based on the Movie based on the Game because it was the first one I read. Great stuff man! Keep it up!

Tossup between "Win Contra 4 for the DS!" because technically it's the post which first got me to visit the blog, and the Mass Effect video because it's a cool idea and because of the helping hand it offers to video-clueless Mac users. I had the plugin already, but it's always reassuring to see Mac ambassadorship on websites that aren't directly related to Macs.

I played my friend's copy of Contra 4 for a few minutes. It satisfied my urge for a taste of that sweet wall-punching gaming frustration nectar I've been missing for the last 10+ years. I want more. Give me this game for free, I command thee.

My favorite UGO gamesblog posting is the one that reminded me to post about my favorite UGO gamesblog posting.

I'm My Own Secret Santa (http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/im_my_own_secret_santa/)

Not particularly funny, but it gets points in my book for being thought-provoking; there is some sort of visceral thrill from riding the initial hype train of playing through a brand spankin' new game, and midnight launches can be a blast when approached with the right mindset, but at the same time the points made are very true. The game is still fun later. And it's tough to be a CAG when buying full price at launch :p

bread's done
Back