Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
we7logo.gif

1st Prize is a Winning Eleven 7 prize package which includes:
WE7 game for the PS2
WE7 poster
WE7 soccer jersey.

2nd Prize is CheapyD's used copy of Winning Eleven 6 (PS2)

Simply post on this thread any soccer experiences you may have and/or why you want to win this contest.

Contest ends 2/17/04 at 12:01 AM EST, the day of the release of Winning Eleven 7.

One entry per user, winner will be chosen at random.
Check out the great reviews
Check out movies and screenshots
we7.gif

I'd like to win this game for my brother. We live in West Virginia, where you wouldn't expect good soccer players to thrive. On the contrary, he's amazing. He's currently in 9th grade and playing in a tournament in Morgantown next weekend. He's already being scouted by the Coach at WVU. He was looked at last year and this year it's expected to be the same. As he's only 15, he's not eligible for scholarships yet, but I suspect he will eventually. He also will be the youngest player on the High School Varsity Team.

I've have tons of stories from soccer games, I played, much like my brother, but I was never as good. Once while playing indoor, I was up a the goal about to shooting when I got a swift kick taken at me. I fell and I noticed a nice strong pain...I continued to play regardless. I can't remember whether we won or not, but I remember sitting down, removing my oversock and shinguard and seeing my under sock soaked in blood. The kid who had kicked my practically removed my toenail. Though, I'd say my best soccer stories would revolve around my friends. It introduced me to tons of people, however, most of us have fallen away from each other as we've gone to different colleges and the such.

Two words can explain my earliest and fondest soccer memories, "Banana" and "Rainbow". Maybe some of you know these terms. I learned them when i played for the Princeton Soccer Association when i was young. They are just an example of the fun and playfullness the game of soccer can be about. I saw older teammates then and on other teams trying the rainbow(ball in between instep of 1 foot and heel of the other and flipping it over your head to your front) over and over again while juggling the ball(another skillfull memory that captures childrens interest in soccer). But the greatest moment of soccer for me was watching an older teamate successfully do the banana after a couple tries. He stood at the corner of the field lined the ball up with everyone silent and waiting and aimed for the goal that was horizontal to him. The goalie stood waiting to block and I stood clueless to what was going on. He then kicked the ball out towards the front of the goal that was a huge distance away. Instead of the ball landing in front of the goal it made an arch such as a banana posesses and flew into the goal past an outstreached clearly burned goalie. Everyone errupted ohhh sshhh he just did a banana and then i knew there was more to the game than my coaches yelling at us to run. Maybe attempting to show my 7 year old son tricks and shots such as these could give him a new fondness for soccer and get him syked up to get out there in the spring

I want to win this game because I've heard all the great things about the Winning Eleven Serises but have only ever played FIFA. I currently play soccer, and haven't scored a goal in six years (yeah I know, depressing) and I hope this game will help lead me to the back of the net.

In my younger years of playing soccer, I would always be goalie. For some reason i just enjoyed the position the most. Keep in mind I'm all of 6 here.

One year, while at a soccer camp that had older kids too, we were doing the big end-of-the-camp soccer bracket play. All the age groups got mixed together and everyone played eachother as if in a tournament. While being goalie, a much older kid ran up the center and kicked the ball. The ball rocketed right into my face, knocking me flat on my back, blood everywhere.

Needless to say, I've dreaded being goalie since then.

I have soccer in my blood. My father was a professional player at the age of 16 and got me playing really young. He instilled a love for this game that i will take with me forever. I will leave you with one anecdote: Most babies first shoes have some sort of comic associated with them, mine were German made adidas cleets, how is that for dedication!!!

I hope this is a good reason to give me the best soccer game ever created!! Good luck to all! :p

I'd like to win because soccer is one of the two real-life sports I used to play and didn't suck at. No big memories, just had fun for a couple years in the city leagues. Obviously playing in real life is not an option any more [age, physique, and time], so going virtual is my only option. And of course the game is supposed to be great, and it'd be cool to win something from this site : )

Hi all,
I guess my most memorable experience playing soccer was one I was in 6th grade, I wasn't all that great of a soccer player, so I was delegated to defense. We were playing a team that had been dominating us throughout the season. We were ahead by a goal and the game was close to expiring. The other teams best player was making his final charge and had blown past everyone, I was the lone defender between he and our goalie. He made his move and I ran across the field, slid in a giant puddle of water/mud kicked the ball out of bounds as time expired. That was one of the few victories we had that year. I will always remember that play, it was the only highlight I can recall from my days playing soccer.
I love the WE series and I hope to win WE7, it is a great game that lets you escape to another life :)

i want to win because i heard WE series is an awesome game and i've never had the chance to actually play it. So i'd like to win because i want too enjoy this game like everybody else.

Well I havn't had any Soccer experiences per se, but I know this kid who was a big fan of soccer. He was one of my good buddies and graduated the year I came into High school. I've played a bunch of games with soccer involved. One of my favorites would be MegaMan Soccer... I remember playing that when I was younger than 10 years old. I'd like to win WE7 because I havn't had many Soccer experiences and I'd like to play this game because I heard it's very good.

I have played soccer since 1989. I have friends who think fifa is the best soccer game out and I would like to prove them wrong with winning eleven 7. I have played soccer through out high school and most of college. I think this is the best game out and I would like to have it.
Thanks

Congratulations to the winners!

WE7 game, jersey and poster - Mr. Anderson

CheapyD's used WE6 game - metroidkiller9

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back