Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
we7logo.gif

1st Prize is a Winning Eleven 7 prize package which includes:
WE7 game for the PS2
WE7 poster
WE7 soccer jersey.

2nd Prize is CheapyD's used copy of Winning Eleven 6 (PS2)

Simply post on this thread any soccer experiences you may have and/or why you want to win this contest.

Contest ends 2/17/04 at 12:01 AM EST, the day of the release of Winning Eleven 7.

One entry per user, winner will be chosen at random.
Check out the great reviews
Check out movies and screenshots
we7.gif

I was coached by my Dad as a kid and I remember him being very supportive and fair to all the players on our team (it was rec ball so you had to play everyone).

My greatest sports moment ever was when I was playing soccer for my Dad in a U14 league. It was late into the second half of a game and we were down 3 to 2. Our team was frustrated because we were outplaying the other team, but somehow they were winning after scoring two goals in a row. Playing sweeper, I went up to help on a corner kick. The ball sailed into the middle, got kicked around a bit, then found its way to the center of the box, where I was. Not even thinking, I just nailed the ball and it flew past the keeper into the bottom right of the goal! Celebrations ensued. We were glad to at least come away with a tie.

A couple of minutes later, we again had another corner kick. I remember my left defender asking me if he could go take the shot. Grinning, I again took my spot at the top of the box, my Dad telling us to move up and take positions. This time the ball sailed high and bounced awkwardly in front of a defender who tried to clear the ball and miss kicked it. Again, it rolled towards me and I shot an awkward shot with my toe. The ball lifted high and flew over the jumping keeper! Needless to say, my team exploded in excitement. We were ecstatic when we won the game. I remember my Dad telling me how proud he was of me.

Now being in college I guess I would want to win this game for my Dad, who is still crazy about soccer and still coaches kids. He's a great guy and it would be fun to play this game with him and relive some exciting soccer moments!

I would like to win this game because I am absolutely horrible at soccer. My cousins are both incredible at this sport, and while I could dominate them in a basketball game, soccer is a different story. However, I absolutely love soccer games. I continue to tell them that the Winning Eleven series is the best soccer series out there. Sadly, they still play the FIFA games continuously. With this being said, I will show my cousins just how good this series is if/when I win this contest. Thanks, great game, great site, great contest.

I started playing soccer at like 6 years old. I played till I was 13 which is when my dad said I was too fat to play even though I was picked to play on a club team. I never played soccer again. Football became my sport. Now I like to watch soccer. My wife loves the women's national team and we were season ticket holders for the San Diego Spirit. Now the WUSA is gone and we need some soccer in the house, Winning 11 7 would fit the bill nicely.

I played soccer when I was really little, but only for a couple of years.

I wanna win because I used to get off on the English accent of one of the announcers in an N64 soccer game.

My best soccer memories come from elementary school. I had lots of fun playing the sport during recess with my friend John.

I want to win this contest because I needed to add some soccer games to my collection. Figured I might as well give this game a shot!

Well, Im on a soccer team and i would like this game alot :D

One time i remember playing with my brother and friend, i was the goaly, so next thing you know my brother kicks it really hard, and i catch it RIGHT BETWEEN my legs...it left my nutz hurting for a long time :p,my bro sed it happens to every goaly atleast once, heh atleast i stopped the goal

btw if i win e-mail me at [email protected]

*prays he wins*

I played soccer from first grade through 7th grade. I played in the local house leagues, where they pair your team by neaighborhoods/zip code so you generally played with the same kids each year. So I have a couple of stories to share with you all.

First and foremost my first season I lucked out and was on a team of 6 year old phenoms. We were a very athletic team for our ages. We all played multiple sports and just played very well together.

Unfortunately that season was one of few that I played on a "good" team. From 2nd grade thtough 6th grade I was on possibly the worst house league team in Richmond Striker League history. What made it worse was that my best friend played on possibly the bet team during that time frame. We were easily the misfits or bad news bears of the league, but we couldn't even bribe the other team to lose :p Also note that I played two seasons a year fall and spring.

I remember playing on a boy and girl team for two seasons, and allways regretted having to swap out with one of the girls so that eveyrone could play. I was just too damned selfish as a kid. I just rmeember sitting on the sideline thinking about how much better I was than her. It was pretty pathetis, even for an 8 year old.

At the age of ten I got red carded and kicked out of a game for swearing, I said "shit" on the field and then yelled something along the same lines to our interim coach at the time. I was only 10 and now I can believe how stupid I was becoming at the age of ten.

However, not all the stories are bad, I made a lot of good friends playing. It also kept my chubby little ass in decent health growing up. So while I was chubby I could allways hang athletically with every other boy in grade school. I was very proud and almost conceited of that fact.

Spring of 7th grade was definately a banner year for me. Puberty had finally kicked in and I had hit my first and sadly only major growth spourt, growing nearly 6 inches in a few short months. It made me one of the bigger kids on the field and it definatley paid off. I could kick farther and run faster because of a longer stride. We actually had a winning team again. We won most of our games, got into the playoffs and made the finals. I really enjoyed themore physical aspects of playing. Running and tackling(not illegally of course) and just going crazy out there. Because of my size I became a focal point of the team, of course this wasn't the best for my young ego, but I'm much more wiser now. We lost in the final game, in a shootout, but it was so much fun.

I had decided then that soccer wasn't going to be in my future anymore though. I had gotten much bigger than most of the players, and eventhough I had a longer stride I wasn't quick enough to play with the majority of guys. That and I started to enjoy the physical contact a lot. So I went to Amercian Football instead and that's a whole nother story.

Why wouls I like to win the contest? Well I hoped you enjoyed my little anecdotes. Soccer really helped me learn a lot about teamwork, even more so in hindsight. Soccer kept me healthy growiing up and soccer was a big part of my life. I'm just happy I got to type even a small inkling of what was a big part of my youth. Winning or Losing never mattered back then as long as the team mother brought a good little debbie snack and capri suns! :) No seriously, what other sport did you get rewarded like that even if you lost?

I used to play soccor alot. I loved it till I broke my legs in a dirtbiking accident.... Now I just sit around the house but I really love soccor and wish I could at least play it on my tv screen.

The only soccer experience I ever had was an occasional uncle trying to teach me the basics. The only thing that stuck was not to kick the ball with your toes.

Why do I want the game? I think it's a pretty good match, theme wise, with my only PS2 game, Rugby.

About 13 years ago I was on a youth soccer team called the Blasters in a California town called Stockton. We were having what you could call the playoffs for our league, to determine which teams would go on to play for the championship. The game was tied so it went into overtime, which was one person from each team taking turns kicking for a point.

The whole team was riding on each individual shot, and I guess I had a surge of confidence come over me. Anyhow I made a deal with my dad that if I made the shot then he'd buy me a Nintendo game. I kicked that ball cheapassgamer-style, so damn hard and right into the goalie's arms... knocking both him and the ball into the goal.

I ended up winning the whole game for our team, which was cool and everything but all I really wanted was a Nintendo game. The game I had my dad buy for me was POW. Holy shit now I'm getting nostalgic. Okay anyway that's my story and I should get Winning Eleven 7 because I haven't really played soccer since way back when, and it would be great to experience it again.

Scott

cool Been away for a while.

Love the WE6 and I can't wait to play WE7. Its better than fifa and its one of the most amazing sim of the sport available.

The only experience I have had with soccer was when I realized I wasn't any good at it and did not have that big of an interest in it, with me being a tall, slow, skinny white kid. Although, I do tend to find soccer games extremely fun and would love to add this game to my collection.

I was 9 when i first joined a soccer team from some organization like the YMCA. We were the Phoenix Raptors. It was a great time and we never lost a single game. In our whole season we only let in 1 goal. The coach kept on switching our positions so everyone got a taste of what it was like being on all sides.

I'm 16 now and has only played the game a few times since. In the very last game 7 years ago, i was playing goalie. A kid on the otherside got really close and i went up to block his shot. His foot went wild and he missed the soccerball. But Somehow his foot hit another set of balls. I was out of the rest game and spent awhile in a fetal position.

moral of story: shin guards may protect the shins but they can paralyze someone if you miss and hit their crotch.

Yea that memory will haunt me for the rest of my life. I still love the game but soccer is not the same with jockstraps. I would like to win Winning Eleven 7 to relive the fun times i've had when i was on a team and still manage to protect the sanctity of my crotch.

i played soccer in kindergarden for the oranges and they were fun. I wish to relive my accomplishments that never happened with the game.

I got to see the Colorado Rapids play the Guatemalan National All-Stars this October. I had never really watched soccer/football before, but seeing it in person was actually really thrilling. Despite how it sometimes appears on television, there is a lot of action and gripping moments. Breakaways and scoring opprtunities are all on-your-feet moments. I had actually been waiting for this game as an entrance into the sport. If I win it, I won't have to worry about how to scrape up the $50!

I've had one and only one experience with soccer. After taking the soccer ball to the groin, I decided to resort to artificial forms of the sport via my tv.

I only played soccer in high school PE class. I'm not really good at soccer and I hate to play as goalie. I've never played a soccer video game before so I hope I can win this game. Playing soccer video game is good because you can enjoy it without getting hurt.

I just know that I can never go back to FIFA after experiencing the greatness that is WE6. I also know that I'm not going to have money for this amazing game when it comes out, so winning a copy would be amazingly good luck.

I want to win because I like to play fifa with all my friends on my floor in my dorm and I hear that winning eleven is actually better. Also, it will give me my own soccer game and I won't have to mooch off of my friends game anymore.

Seeing the posting for this contest got me thinking about when I first played soccer. I thought I remembered finding my old jersey in a box of childhood memorabilia last time I moved. So lastnight I started pulling out boxes from my storage closet. Sure enough, there it was, packed up with a lot of my old comic books. When I hold it up and take a look at it, it seems so small now. My last name barely fits across its back. My mother choose my number, 8. She said it was how old I was at the time first started playing. Seeing it again brings back so many memories of practice after school, games on the weekends, and trips to get pizza afterwards. I haven't worn a soccer jersey since then. I think it would be cool to wear the WE7 jersey and see if I feel the same way I did, so many years ago.

I have been playing soccer for over 7 years now. The last 2 soccer seasons I have had were really bad. Last season.. we lost EVERY game. My team sucked back then. Most of us tried our hardest though. The recent soccer season I had.. (which ended just yesterday) we were destined to have a no win season yet again. Yesterday, though teamwork and faith in ourselves, we won the game. We were so happy after we won the game. I Oh yeah.. and soccer is basically my life.

My funniest soccer experience was a dream I had. I was just getting ready to score the winning goal. As I kick the ball I woke up and kick my wife instead. She said she thought she was being attacked. I felt so bad, but now I think its funny.

Aaron

This is easy...
I am without a doubt, the biggest Football fan on these forums.
Screw the term soccer. It's called Football...It was invented by the English, Im English, Though I now live in the States.
I have played Winning Eleven b4 anyone on these forums knew what it was..
I have played both Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution, the European name for Winning Eleven. Along with that I have also played I.S.S. (international superstar soccer) the other football game in konami's series.
Call it what you want, I have played them all and give it the respect it needs, as the best football game ever made.
It is accurate, unlike the crappy Fifa.
I have played football before I could walk...it's true and have played for a grand total of 11 different teams.
I know and can name every single player in Winning Eleven, real or fake and identify their real counterparts.
Like I said, the biggest fan of the game on these boards.
I have 2 versions of WE6, both the U.S. version and pro evolution.
Have put more hours in the game then anyone will on these boards.
I deserve the game...I respect the game and I make it worthy of being the best football (soccer) game every created.
Plz let me win it. :D

^^^^
Oh and as far a "SOCCER" stories go..
Apart from playing for 11 teams...
I have met the full England football squad.
Am a gigantic Liverpool fan and have been to around 50-70 real games.
I flew back to England JUST to watch the world cup in my homeland where the game is given respect.
I have broken a finger and fractured another playing the beautiful game.
Have woken up at 5am every saturday morning for 6 months straight just to watch the game live.
I have cried at games...fought at games and been inspired at games.
I have travelled to countries like Germany and France just to watch a single match.
And I will be in Germany and England for the next world cup.
Screw these other posters with their mom's soccer van stories.
I deserve the game.

-Mitz

I used to play soccer when I was in grade school. I remember buying these cool red shin gauards and I was told that I could not wear them as only goalies could wear red! I was devestated! I have played a couple of soccer games over the years, on the NES and Genesis, and I have played Sega soccer slam on X-box. I would love to check this one out too.

I want this game because I have no legs and will never be able to play soccer. So I might as well play the most realistic soccer experience, WE7!!!!!

Soccer experiences...
Well I use to play for about 3 years, but was made fun of on the team, so that kind of fell through. It may have been because I wasn't good...
Anyways, I'd like to win because I've heard great things about the game and my sister is a soccer nut. I've beent trying to get her to play PS2 with me, and I think this would be the perfect game to do it.

I was a great soccer player in school.

I scored over 100 goals in four years of elementary. I always kept track of my goals and pretended I was apart of a league during recess. One of the best times of my life.

Hmmm... a soccer story you say...well, I remember back in the day... :roll:

..I was sitting the car watching my brother's soccer practice playing my cheap GBA, when suddenly I see a soccer ball come from the side. Needless to say, the ball did some wacked out bruce Lee moves and smashed into the door. I prayed that my door didn't break, or I would have to fix it with cheap-o, generic brand, duct tape. I went out and looked. The door was fine, and no one was hurt.

Well, that's all folks. i can't think of anything else! Although, I do think I should win this contest because my siblings and I loved to play videogames (they especially like to soccer) and personally, this would be a great thing to get for free!

I love soccer games and would love to win this game even more. This is to be the greatest of all soccer games and it would be an honor to own and play it :)

MarkMc30

Was once playing soccer on the playground during recess in grade school. A mate of mine kicked the ball intentionally at my jimmy. Needless to say, I was down for the count and almost in tears (hurt too much to cry).

Soccer experience... mmm, I've played soccer till high school (then parents wanted me to study more than play sports)... Sigh, I actually wasn't able to play any sports after entering high school... ^_^ ;

...Why I want to win? Cause I'm a CAG, and CAGs are cheap of course! :)

From when I was 4 until I was 6, I played soccer in a the local town rec. league. And I was horrible. The highlight of my soccer playing career was when some crazy parent got up from the stands and started screaming at me for missing a shot or whatever. That was the day I quit.
And I'd like to win this contest so I can actually play soccer well...because I don't see going out to the fields again as a viable option for a person as bad as I was.

What does soccer actually mean? Why is our football called football and it is played with hands? The kicker in football (NFL) has the least imprtant job unless they are kicking a potential game winning field goal. :?

Ive played soccer all of my life, and co-coached a youth league for 2 years.

I would really like to win what most people consider the best soccer game ever created.

I remember when our team played an away game, and only 10 people from our team showed up, so we were down one person. Well, I twisted my ankle in the 2nd half, and decided to stay in the game and I ended up hopping on one foot the rest of the time, so we wouldn't be down 2 players. We ended up tying the game, so I guess that's a win for us, due to our situation.
So, if I win the contest, I'll be able to play the game with 2 good ankles for once, and I wouldn't feel the pain anyways.

I would like to win becuse it feels good to win stuff. I would look good in the jersey too. My family would love me more because I was a winner.

I'm a soccer fan. I've been to more MLS matches (this is the year DCU makes their comeback!) and US itnernational matches than I can count.

I've held off, though, on buying soccer games since I got the first FIFA game for PS2 (hey, it was a great game)... but maybe it's time to give another franchise a shot. So give it to me! B^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back