Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
we7logo.gif

1st Prize is a Winning Eleven 7 prize package which includes:
WE7 game for the PS2
WE7 poster
WE7 soccer jersey.

2nd Prize is CheapyD's used copy of Winning Eleven 6 (PS2)

Simply post on this thread any soccer experiences you may have and/or why you want to win this contest.

Contest ends 2/17/04 at 12:01 AM EST, the day of the release of Winning Eleven 7.

One entry per user, winner will be chosen at random.
Check out the great reviews
Check out movies and screenshots
we7.gif

i wanna win because i moved to a european country for one year and all we did was play soccer all day, before school, during school and after school after that i fell in love with it and i havnt stopped playing since and i heard winning eleven is really good and i want it, so pick me to win!!!!

This contest has really got me thinking about my experiences in playing soccer as a lad. I suppose I was around eight or so when I first played on a team with other kids. I was tall and ungainly but could hammer it upfield pretty well, and so usually found myself playing halfback or fullback. I believe what I lacked in speed I made up for in being imposing. The forwards were usually small and fleet, so if I positioned myself right they'd often get nervous and make a mistake egregious enough for me to stick my big awkward foot in and deprive them of the ball. An incident comes to mind with one of the opposing team's forwards...I guess I was around ten at the time. One day this forward was just laying into me with his cleats...I had shin guards on, but it really started to tick me off. So much so that the next time it happened, I decked him. He went down like a rock and then started bawling. I immediately felt bad, and I still do. :cry:

I also remember playing soccer on my old C-64. It was a cartridge game...we didn't even have a disk-drive yet. It was so primitive in retrospect, but to my brother and I it was state-of-the-art! We had hours of fun controlling the little pixelated players with our bright red joysticks with the white buttons on top. Does anyone remember that first soccer cartridge for the C-64?

I'd sure like to win this soccer title, but even if luck fails me I'll still have this nice trip down memory lane as consolation prize.

Why I want to win, basically because I just purchase a ps2, and I have a soccer game for my gamecube, and xbox, sega slam, and fifa,pretty much I have a soccer game for every other system except my ps2, I am also curious about the gameplay of this new soccer game, I wonder if it can match up to fifa, my favorite team is brazil, the bad soccer experience I had was when I was playing in someone almost knock me over trying to get the ball to score a goal for there team, also I am surprized that Konami is doing this game, and it is suppose to be good? Konami is good with games like metal gear solid, even yu-gi-oh, atleast i enjoyed those two well here is good luck to everyone...

I played soccer on a team from 2nd to 5th grade.

I would liike to win the contest because I have heard the Winning Eleven Series is great but I have never had a chance to play it before.

I haven't owned any soccer games on any of the next-gen consoles, however I played a demo of FIFA 2003, and was absolutely blown away. It was actually more fun playing than than real soccer.

I'll be honest, soccer is only my second favorite sport, behind basketball, but I love playing it, and I'm actually pretty good as well, considering I haven't played it on any competitive league or team.

Really when you think about it, there are too many great moments in soccer to name; guys getting hit in crotch, someone getting hit repeatedly because someone can't kick right (PE soccer), people who end up headbutting each other while going for a header, etc.

i want to win because i've heard so many times that these kinda games are awsome but never got a chance to pick one up yet. plus, soccer is one of me favorite ;)

I want to win because I'm English, living in America, and after having played the game for pretty much all of the first 29 years of my life, I miss it terribly here in the US. Seeing as this is about the closest I can get to kicking a ball around competitively, this would do the job nicely. I'd still call it 'football', though! :D

One of the funniest moments I remember happened on a rainy night. We were playing five-a-side football, and we were walking to the pitch. Four of us were soaking wet, and the fifth member of our team was laughing at us as he walked down to the pitch with his metal umbrella up, shielding himself from the rain. Just then, a lightning strike lit up the sky, and you've never seen anyone get rid of an umbrella so fast! During the ninety minutes, I've never been as wet in my life, but at least we won!

I want to win this contest because I want to shove how good the WE series is down my stupid friends' faces! They thing FIFA is the greatest soccer game ever and they're super closed minded, heh. Plus I really want a soccer jersey 'cuz I've never owned one in my life.

I have played soccer nearly all of my life. My most fond experience that I can remember was back in middle school in a rec soccer tournament and the score was tied at the end of regulation. Since it was a tournament game it went to penalty shots. I had the 5th and final shot and it ended up that it could be the winning goal. I shot it on the ground to the right and the goaly guessed correctly, it hit his finger tips but still had enough velocity to continue through and into the goal. I was rushed by my team mates and picked up on to their shoulders. It is something I will never forget. I would like to win this contest because I would like to play a much more realistic game then fifa offers. That is why Iwant this game.

I want to win this contest because I loved Winning Eleven 6! I played it forever. My friend and I created a team and created all the players from the team we played on when we were little.

My only soccer experience is in gym, where I'd pwn all teh n00bs and then a girl called me a "brute"

I just wanna win to get free stuff..so yeah

I used to play soccer for like 8 years untill i gave it up like 3 years ago. When I was like 6 I remembered we played this one team that was insanely good. In the first five minutes we lost are goalies to injuries (bloody noses). Our team starting just putting anyone in to be goalie. I played for like 2 minutes but i got hit in the stomach really hard and couldnt breathe. At one point we didn't have a goalie because my team was fags. I want to win because I've heard great things for Winning Eleven and i love all soccer games. Totti rules...

My soccer experience was watching S.Korea win against Italy and Spain in the 2002 WorldCup. And then heard everyone say how Korea cheated.

I'd like to win this game because its the best soccer game to date. I have FIFA 2004 for PC, but it's a pain to play with keyboard. So I want a console game that's not another FIFA.

Well my soccer experiences are limited. But when I was about 10 or 11 me and my neighbors used to play. One of them was on the high school soccer team and he always used to kick that ball so hard and fast I couldnt move fast enough to get out of the way. To make things worse my team always made me the goalie. Now three broken noses and a bunch of bruises later it would be nice to have some compensation. Or at least a game where I can kick a ball at someone else and hopes it breaks their nose. Thats what Im talking bout :)

I want to win this game because I have never played a soccer game as of yet. I have always wanted to buy one of the older FIFA games but they never seem to go down below $10 w/ shipping on eBay or any place else. I'm still a cheapass, you know! I am not a fan of renting either because most of the time, I can find the game for around the same price as the $5 rent cost, if it is an old game.
About soccer experience, I never played in a team but I did play w/ the brothers and neighbor a lot when I was younger. My neighbor's family were all about soccer so he played and his little sister had to play also. I did have fun playing soccer in the snow back then, especially when school was cancelled because of the snow!

Well, I also played soccer in gym in middle school and high school. I was always, and still am, one of those athletic types who was good at every sport, even field hockey. I hated running though, as I am more into strength, rather than endurance.

As a young childe I began playing soccer in the 6-9 division. In that division is learned and played around a lot and had lots of fun. Then as I became older I kept on becoming more and more tired of soccer. Although I am very good at it, it just seems like it's not my sport. So please, if you know the correct thing to do, give this great prize package to me, and you will be rewarded in the future. I do believe this is the kind of thing that will get me back into soccer again so i can ugh... KICK SOME ASS!!!

i used to play soccer as a kid...good times...but dont play anymore..world cup kicks arse though

i want to win because i like free games and winning elleven is awesome

i used to play in elementary school. i was a good goalie, because i was tall. anyway, our coach would always play with us, and we were like 10 years old back then. well, the coach was playing on the opposite team and i was in goal. we were wearing shorts, and the coach comes up to shoot and SLAMS the shit out of the ball and it hits me in the side of my thigh. it burned so badly.

also, i've gotten nailed in the nuts many a time, although i don't play soccer anymore. basketball became more appropriate considering my size.

i want WE 7 because, first, WE 6 was awesome and i can't wait to play 7. second, i want to show my friend, a soccer fanatic, plays it in reality and in games. he's stuck on FIFA, although i keep telling him how superior WE is. WE 6 was great.

Man, when I was little my parents made me join a soccer team for the town we lived in. My team was called the "Riddles". First of all, I wasn't too happy to HAVE to play soccer. Second, the name of my team made me want to play even less. The Riddles? C'mon! We were named after some "mom and pop" bar in town. I hope that place is out of business now. Now as an adult, I still get teased by my younger brother sometimes because he's tha jock and I'm the quiet, artistic one. Sure, he's 5 years younger than me, and can kick my sorry ass. BUT, I always win when we play Winning Eleven 6. It makes me feel better. I hope I can kick his ass in Winning Eleven 7 too. :p

I have al;ways prfeered soccer than football, but it was probably because of all those Captain Tusbaua that i watch when i was young. But it is still way better than football

Why I want to win this game? Well, my father was a professional soccer player, I play soccer, and my son loves soccer, and I would like to win this game so that I would play with him. We go back to Brazil every year, and he (my son) takes soccer classes with an ex-world cup player that played with Pele in the 60s.

I'd have to say my greatest soccer moment wasn't even on a soccer field it was getting beckhams John Hancock I went to his MLS game and Our convorsation went like this:
hey beckham over here can you sign my soccer ball.
hey whats up
That was a great games you played
Thanks, well there you go, maybe i'll see you again.

ya it was cool( sorry if I spelt beckham wrong but im 95% sure thats right

I played soccer from age 5 til age 15. I attended soccer camp every summer and won 3 championships. it was a great part of my life, sports teach kids how to get along with each other. more kids need to be involved in sports of any kind so they can grow up to being a team player.

I went to Hong Kong for vacation last year. Watched the J-League that was showing like 24 hrs. in the hotel. It got me into soccer, but I never started playing it. Did play 2002 FIFA World Cup (PC game) though :)

I want to win b/c I heard no.6 was a really good game (best soccer game in the market). So I would assume no.7 would be even better!

I want to win this contest because I've heard what a good game this was and I'd love to try it out.

One of my favorite soccer memories is saving a penalty shot to win the game during a game at recess in 6th grade.

i love watching soccer match, actually i prefer to call it football.
as in winning elevn, ive been a huge fan of this game since its third instalment. winning eleven 3 in playstation 1 and i played that game in japanese which i dont understand at all.
i hope this us version winning elevn won;t dissapoint me because i've played winning eleven 7 jap ver. and it rocks !!!!!

i used to play football in highschool, we played in a backetball court since we don't have a football field

i hope i can win this game

When I was twelve I played on my school soccer team. I took a free kick from about the half line and it went directly to the net. The goalie was really short and he got his fingertips on the ball but it bounced into the net.

I want to win this game because I played a demo of Winning Eleven 6 and I thought it would be a great multiplayer game.

I want to win the contest because I'm an avid soccer fan. I played soccer for years when I was a child, and won many championships. I want to be able to reminisce about the past. :)

My sister once dated a semi-popular member of one of our regional soccer teams.

I want to win this contest because I like getting packages in the mail that don't 'splode.

I was introduced to soccer in Germany while stationed there with my family and continued to play through HS. My fondest soccer memory was walking the streets of Rome with my parents when the locals learned that had won the World Cup '82. It was madness! While Winning Eleven may not have all the flashy licenses that EA has acquired for the FIFA series, it still remains a franchise with some of the best gameplay out there. If I win this contest, I shall return to Germany for the FIFA World Cup 2006 competition, cheer for the USA and sport cheapssgamer.com gear to each game I attend! Scoring a copy of Winning Eleven will pump me up for a visit to the World Cup.

my in person soccer experiences were limited to gym class at various schools, however, my friend Kim used to date a exprofessional soccer player from Canada.

She met him online {I forget his real name, but his online name was "trance"} after they were together for a while, he moved in with her in the same house she was living in with her soon-to-be ex-husband .

We lost touch soon after that, but I always wondered what she told the soon-to-be ex-husband in particular about that living situation-- must have been interesting when he found out the other guy was moving in;-)

I played soccer for 7 years (4th-11th grade), but in my 11th year I had a serious knee injury (I tore my ACL).

Ever since the surgury I can't run the same anymore, so I was forced to quit.

I believe I diserve to win because I'm an avid gamer and I have much love for the game of soccer.

cheers!

When I was about 8 years old, I played in the AYSO league, my team's name was the Hotshot's, a few of my friends were on the team as well. I played goalie, and I was pretty good at the time, especially for an 8 year old. We barely got to the semi-finals, we were playing the Knights who had a better recors than us. On the last half the score was 2-2, and about three minutes. One of the players on my team kicks it toward the goal, but the goalie blocked it. The Goalie rolled it to one of his players, and he was heading right for me, I became nervous for the whole team, he then kicks it, I get a piece of the ball, but it goes in and they win.
I would like this game because I would like to feel what being in a Championship is like. Plus I played the demo for Winning Eleven 6 and I loved it, but being the cheap ass gamer that I am, I couldn't afford it.

Running into the goal post and busting my head.

I'd like to win so it may ease the painful memories of that day.

Thank You.

Winning Eleven is the best sports game ever made. Konami's longest sports series is not really popular in U.S, but It is already very popular in Japan. I need this game because I can't live without this game!
My best moment in soccer has to be when south korea won 4 or 5 game in a row in last worldcup (because they never won any game before that) I am big fan of soccer. Enough said!

I played soccer all through grade school, usually at halfback. Much later, I went to a lot of my little brother's games as he played for about 15 years. I want to win this game because the last decent soccer game I bought was FIFA on the the genesis and I want to update with the best.

I was the soccer champion in my district for ten years running. It's in my blood. A life without soccer is no life at all.

Actually, all of that is a big fat lie. :) I haven't played soccer since I was very young, and I doubt I was very good at it, but I've always loved soccer games - World Championship Soccer on Genesis, FIFA on 3D0, Goal Storm on PSX, International Superstar Soccer on N64, and so on.

Because the PS2 version of soccer is considerably easier than real life, and I could really go for something easier than real life.

Well, I was a stellar goalie when I played in the Summer Leagues, and I want to win because I'd love to have a good Soccer game to play!

Because soccer games play quite a bit like Hockey games do, and I'm to cheap to go buy a new Hockey game right now.

does anyone have world cup soccer for the nes??..man that game got me into soccer..it was just so fun to play..aww good times..

oh yea i used to play soocer in elementary...all the not so good players vs. the 5 good players..even though we got killed almost every single game by those 5 guys, it was still fun to play...

I only played soccer a little when I was a kid but I started going to my school's soccer games this fall and had a lot of fun :D I hear great things about the WE series so hopefully I'll be able to try it out.

Soccor is in my blood.. My father played in amatuer league.. My grandfather was a professional making a living of it... Hell.. I'm even Korean... it's suppose to be in my genes.. so it comes a great dissapointment to me that I can't play soccor.. well I can play.. just for few minutes at a time.. don't have the stamina! My only chance of being in the pro is Winning 11... Would love to get a copy...

Supposedly this is one of the best soccer games ever. I remember back when I was in college we played intramural soccer. It had rained horendously the day before. The field was so muddy you'd sink an inch or two while walking. I must have fallen on my butt 3 times that game, but it was so fun. We lost, but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back