Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
we7logo.gif

1st Prize is a Winning Eleven 7 prize package which includes:
WE7 game for the PS2
WE7 poster
WE7 soccer jersey.

2nd Prize is CheapyD's used copy of Winning Eleven 6 (PS2)

Simply post on this thread any soccer experiences you may have and/or why you want to win this contest.

Contest ends 2/17/04 at 12:01 AM EST, the day of the release of Winning Eleven 7.

One entry per user, winner will be chosen at random.
Check out the great reviews
Check out movies and screenshots
we7.gif

I use to play soccer as a child then I quit for a few years. I then played my jr and sr year in high school. I always sucked and most of the time I played defense so I would just kick the other team as hard as I could to stop them from scoring.

I want to win the contest because I hear this is a great game and its much easier to play soccer on a game than in real life. I get tired too easily playing soccer :p

I want to win this game so i can add to my measly PS2 library. Believe it or not, the last game for ps2 that i bought was Final Fantasy X, back when it was 50 bucks during xmas of 02. Since then i've been saving up for a pc upgrade with my measly 5 dollar a week allowance (700 mhtz processors are so over rated :roll: ).

As for my soccer experience, i've personally never played the game, but during the summer i go see all my friends at their games (they're all girls, of course 8) ) Soccer is a very intense sport to watch, and all the soccer moms are great to get along with. I rented the last WE soccer game a couple months ago, and the graphics were truly amazing. Also, with all the great reviews for this WE soccer, can't turn down a free shot to win it :D

I never played soccer, but I watch the World Cup on TV. Winning Eleven soccer game is the best soccer game out there. I want to win a copy.

I would watch the World Cup till all hours of the morning, amazing experiance. Too bad my grades were messed because of it. Also, my cousin is the owner of the US team. When the World Cup was in Detroit I had suites at the Silverdome, it was an awesome game and experiance. I have WE6 and I think WE7 will be amazing!

We're soccer (football :wink:) freaks, stay up late to watch the World Cup overseas. I used to play soccer when I was in high school and we won a few times, but it was a lot of fun. This game is awesome and I'd love to win it, thanks!

Being 6'6" and 350 pounds, Im not build to play soccer, but that doesn't stop me from playing the video games! ;) The best stories of have involving soccer concern my co-worker who is from Ireland. He lives and BREATHES soccer. During the World Cup every year, its so fun to watch him sneak a short-wave radio into work and try to pick up the games from his local team. Though I don't care so much for soccer, I always root for his team, right along with him.

My soccer experience is this time I entered this Winning Eleven 7 contest on CheapAssGamer.com because I wanted to win the game. Yeah, I rock.

I have been a Manchester United Fan since 8 years old (I'm 34 now). I finally got my wife to watch a game last year and all she could do was gush over David Beckham. Suddenly things started arriving in the mail-Beckham jersey, posters, stickers...
Thank God Becks left for Real Madrid so I can watch my games without her oogling the TV!

Winning Eleven is a great game-really captures the action better than any other series (I'm looking at you FIFA!)

I actually would like to win more for the jersey since I already preordered the game.

I have been playing this series since it's days on the SNES, known as International Superstar Soccer. Loved this series ever since and I believe that this is probably the best in the series and to show to all those FIFA fans that it doesn't take official licences and fluffy marketing to make a great game. If football is your religion, Winning Eleven is your altar......

I'll admit it right now... I've always relied on EA for my sports fix. Short of Sega's NBA series, I've never drifted far.

However, I constantly keep hearing about how good this series is by Konami. With all the great releases this year, I haven't the change left to get either Fifa or this title. However, being the cheap ass that I am... I figure I'll take the chance that I can get it for FREE! Yeah!!!

Damn, I'm a cheap ass gamer!

I've been playing soccer almost my entire life. Just this past year I was actually selected to play in a statewide highschool senior all-star game. That is easily my most memorable experience since I began playing competitive soccer.

I want to win this Game because I have never played a Soccer game on any videogame system ever and I have always been curious to see how well it would translate from the real thing. Also as being born and rasied in America I have never been able to understand orther countries Love for soccer. I have played the game a few times but to me it never really excited me as much as the orther sports. Also I'm a Cheap Ass Gamer and free stuff is always cool .

I want to win this contest because the prize is free. I am not into buying sports games, the only one I currently have right now is Gran Turismo 3 which is really racing. However, I enjoy playing any kind of game. I have only owned NHL 1997 (I think that is the year) which I got for my birthday, I never cared about hockey, but I had fun playing it with my dad. Once I was interested in soccer (makes more sense to call it football though) and wanted to join a team, but I was shy and quit, and now I do not care about joining, Mainly I try to win anything I can whenever I can.

I would like to win so I don't have to buy another soccer game (already have FIFA), plus I'd love to find out just how great this game is in comparison. My great soccer moments are many, not really involving the game so much but the ladies that play it! Oh how I'll miss those girls.

I'd like to win this contest because I really want a good soccer game in my collection. And I hear this is the best around :)

I actually don't play soccer myself... My girlfriend does. I enjoy watching her play, and actually tried to learn a few techniques myself. I've rented Winning Eleven 6 recently, and have been waiting for 7 to come out! Even if I don't win the contest, I'll still be getting the game... I can't wait!

I would want this game because I love soccer and I only hear good things about this title. Personally I would love to see what all the hype for this game is about. :)

I love SOCCER! Thats why I want this prize. Winning Eleven is far and away the best soccer series out there. Sure FIFA is pretty, but it can't touch E11. I still play E11-6 non-stop. The one downside is no real teams, but real players. Also I live in the GREATEST SOCCER TOWN IN AMERICA, COLUMBUS, OHIO. GO CREW. We love McBride and good luck in the EPL.

Not to mention I am a season ticket holder for Crew home games all eight seasons and went to numerous World Cup and US Cup matches.

my only soccer experience was watching south korea do well in the last world cup. i would wake my butt up at 4 in the morning to watch them and also chilled with friends at a bar watching it. it was funny seeing some people really get into it, wearing face paint, dressed all in red and playing drums... actually it was annoying. anyway, i want to win a copy because my only soccer game is a fifa one from years back and it's about time i retired it. i think winning eleven 7 would be a worthy successor.

Awesome game! At least the past one was, so I'm looking forward to this one. I'd say the most interesting experience was when my backyard wrestling fed, the BSW, had a outdoor hardcore match that ended up in the middle of a junior soccer game. Needless to say, we couldn't just stop a match that was taping, so the refs were yelling at us as we quickly suplexed across the field. Ah, the memories.

I played soccer for years when I was a kid in Southern California. I am now the assistant soccer coach of my kids school in Northern California. He just recently got interested in the sport, and I think this game would inspire his interest a bit. We have a couple other ones, but they aren't that good or true to form. From what I hear of this game, it should be pretty nice.

Even if I don't win, I will still probably buy it for him. Thanks for the chance!!

Best soccer memory: Back in elementary school, my team had not won one game all season. Finally, in the very last game, against the league's best team, we won 4-1. They were literally twice our height, and my dad absolutely hated their head coach, so it was a sweet victory.

Reason I want to win: Not only does it look like a great game that I would want, but it would be cool to be the first person to win two contests on cheapassgamer.com.

The last time I played soccer it was a simple 1 on 1 game with a friend of mine.

I'd like to win the contest because I've heard a plethora of things, very good things, about Konami's WE series.

My experiences of soccer are reminiscent of a fairly portly child forced to play a sport out of fear that he would grow gimongous. I remember enjoying it but being very, very tired with all the running. But whaddya know, I grew up to be one of the skinniest people I know so hooray for me. And why do I want to win the contest? Well, International Superstar Soccer 98 for N64 rocked hard as hell and although I never got to play winning eleven 6, I know 7 will be as good or probably better than any other videogame soccer experience I've ever had. Good luck to everyone. Thanks for the deals CAG.

I bought a overpriced import PS2 just to play Winning Eleven 5. It took a few years before Konami decided to bring WE to the states.

Been a soccer nut all my life. And I need a WE soccer jersey to complete my life

I played Winning 11 from v5, all in Japanese version.
So it makes sense for me to get v7.
I could not get Japanese v7 since my friend in Korea can't support in sending me games anylonger. So, I really would like to have a copy of this game REALLY BAD!!

Please choose me, and I say again, CHOOSE ME!!!!PLZ!!!!!

I remember playing soccer in elementary school when a guy tried to head a ball in midair, but since he was just a kid, the ball hit him in the head and spun him around. He landed on his head. It was funny seeing it happen when I was a kid, but now its just plain sad and painful. (The guy turned out to be fine btw... he was pretty stupid back then, but now he's like a genius.)

I was hooked w/ soccer since the last world cop. My brothers and his friends came to our apt. and watched the mathes there. They also 'compete' on PS2 FIFA soccer.

I didn't understand what the fuss all about (mainly because I didn't understand the rules) but now I can't get enough. So winning this game would mean that I have another game to 'crush' my bros. :)

Soccer is my favorite sport in the world to watch and especially to play. In fact, I don't watch much TV...except for soccer matches! I even got satellite TV to get Fox Sports World, the best channel in the U.S. for soccer. As for playing, I try to play at least once a week, more if possible, all conditions (even snow :)). I love the game, its history, players, fans...everything but the hooliganism. :? I even have my username at several sites, including this one, as a tribute to one of the greatest players of all time.

My favorite soccer game right now is International Superstar Soccer '98 for N64. I even have two memory cards dedicated to that game: one for current international squads and the other for the all-time best teams from every nation. I really love playing Brazil with Pele, Garrincha, Zico, etc. as I do other countries with their famous players. England with Matthews, Lineker, Hurst, Banks? Yes yes yes please.

Anyway I need WE7 badly, since I just got a PS2 and I can't find WE6 anywhere. Thanks for running such a cool contest. CAG forever! 8)

I want to win because I am going to sell this game on ebay so I can have food for the week since I don't have cash. Then, to recreate the experience I'm missing, I'm going to go out and play real soccer and pretend I'm the next incarnation of ronaldo, which I'm not, because if I was, then I wouldn't have to sell games for food. Maybe I'll pretend to be one of the piss-poor pissants that play so call MLS soccer here..

because i've been scouting this game out, reading all the reviews, watching the trailers, etc... ages before it came out, but i dont have any money after a recent lawsuit. all i want is this game. i'm crazy about soccer!!! [-o

I would love to win, simply because I love football (AKA soccer)
I follow the Premiership and watch all of Arsenal's games (GO GUNNERS!)
I have all the FIFAs since Genesis and hope to start playing some winning eleven/ pro evo

well my eexperience in soccer is only in high school P.E.I remember sliding into the ball when other people had it and taking it away from them... what fun.

Well i just wanna win this game cause my friend just won a trip to hawaiii and maybe the luck will somehoe pass to me.

I'll be honest. My first soccer experience wasn't too great. My history of soccer goes back to my playing days when I was a wee lad (aka kindergarten). My parents made me join a team because my best friend at the time was in. The only good thing was that the team's name was the Sidekicks and that happened to be the name of the indoor club here but we had to wear some icky purple uniforms. Ack! The only goal I scored was during practice one day and just my luck, I got a whammy and scored against my own side... ](*,) Needless to say, our team didn't do too well but I remember making a slide to break up a pass in our final game, we lost it but hey, I kinda sorta contributed. I still have that cheap generic soccer player trophy that they gave out to everyone just for trying... I sucked at soccer and I'm prolly even worse at it now but sometimes it really doesn't matter if you do well or fall flat on your face as long as you can look back on it 19 years later and a smile appears across your face just by thinkin back at the fun you had when there wasn't a care in the world... I don't think this had anything to do with the whole "why I deserve to win" but I just felt like tellin my lil story... :D

"Football" is really big in Thailand. At my old high school, the 12 graders arranged a football league during recess for everyone who was interented. Each team would have replica jerseys, choose a team name, discuss the tactics and such. It was fun.

When I came here, I joined the high school soccer team. In my opinion, the high school league was really good, especially because we got to play a lot of games. It was a different experience :D

Because I watched the world cup in 2002 during the middle of the night because nothing else was on. Soccer grew on me and I bought WE6 last year and I'd love to get the new version for free!
thanks

although i don't love soccer with a passion, but i always get pumped up during the World Cup. According to everyone, this game is too great to pass up.

My only soccer experiences date back to my high school PE days. I was a terrible soccer player and put myself in the back to defend. So one time while I was watching the action on the other side of the field, the ball somehow squirted out and the opposing team's star player took control of the ball. Everyone else was still on the other side and it was just me and the goalie against him--so I did what any sane person would do. I visibly gave up and started walking away to give him a clear shot and to keep me out of harm's way. He sees me walk away and he takes his shot...but somehow the ball strays away from the goal and straight towards me, and that thing smacked right up against my butt. He claims he wasn't aiming for me, but....

Well luckily video games are very different from reality...and I actually enjoy soccer video games.

I want to win this competition simply because Winning Eleven 7 is THE soccer game to have for the PS2.

I've played WE6:FE with my friends and we loved it. We even have tournaments sometimes.

As for soccer memories, I played soccer with buddies a lot, always acting as a defender. Anyway it was dead heat, both teams tied at 3-3. I decided to run up(for fun really) and scored the winning goal. Not too shabby for an out of shape video gamer.. :p

I once kicked a soccer ball out of bounds during a game....it rolled into the street and was run over by a passing car. I ruined soccer. I was 11.

I need to win in order to make it right again.....

I don't own a soccer game and this is supposed to be the best so I wouldn't mind it coming my way.

I haven't been to or played in a soccer in a while, but when I was yonger I used to play daily. I even started up a whole league (well four teams really) along with my best friend while in grade school. We played everyday and it was great fun for the six months it lasted.

Aside from reliving my former "glory," the game would also give me somthing to play with my cousin when he visits. He plays soccer for his high school so this will be perfect for us.

Thanks for considering me.

Later.

I once had a soccer game for saturn. i can't quite remember what it was called. It was actually lots of fun and i have really missed that experience.

Regretably now i can't play soccer because of hip replacement due to a tumor in my hip joint. So this game would be pretty cool and could cheer me up.

I've played soccer all throughout highschool, and I remember not being "the best at it"

I'd like to win this game in order to better "rekindle my soccer spirits"

I should win this game because my brother has disowned me due to playing winning eleven 6...he beats my ass all the time with england, and I need this game so I can practice. It's lonely not having a brother to play videogames with, and if I get good at WE, then my brother will claim me again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back