CONTEST: Win an Ikaruga prize pack from CheapAssGamer.com [Winners announced]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Winners announced here

This is for all you hardcore Ikaruga fans out there.
First prize is an Ikaruga prize pack which includes:
  • New Ikaruga game
    Ikaruga sake set
    Ikaruga poster
    Large Ikaruga promotional box
Second prize is a new Ikaruga game

To enter, post your entry here (pictures are encouraged) and tell us why you are the biggest Ikaruga fan or most deserving of this prize package.
The most deserving/entertaining entry (as judged by CheapyD) will win.

One entry per person. Rules subject to change.
Contest ends Wednesday, April 7th at 11:59PM.

ikarugasetbig.jpg

Picture from www.lunabean.com

I'm probably the most deserving of this. I know very little about this game and what better way for me to learn about it than actually getting this very set?

If your a hardcore Ikargua fan you would already own the game LIKE ME :)

I'm hardcore by encourging as many other people as possible to buy the game too, at work, message boards, email.

If you love Galaga you have to love Ikargua!!!

I have downloaded and burned the Dreamcast version of Ikaruga 3 times, on 3 discs, just to play this game (every one of them work too, that's how much I love the game).

Then I played it for about 10 hours, and went out and bought the import version because I love it this much (although, I overpaid those people on JNL in NY Chinatown, never shop there unless you are prepared to pay $5 to $10 more than ANYWHERE else). I can take pictures of it to prove it :) Seriously, I love this game and can't get enough of it, if I get this package, I would give my left nut to CheapyD as appreciation (although, I am not sure if CheapyD cares about my left nut).

i am so hardcore ikaruga!!! i'm a huge old school shooter fan. who can say that they beat R-type with one ship?

what the heck kind of contest is this??? i gotta work for it? well, i say nuts to that; give me the big box and sake (sa-kay) set or i'll be very angry.

i thank you for your attention. :D

I dont own Ikaruga, but I play it at the arcade all the time. I can get through the game without losing a life now and I would love to try some of the extra options on the console version to give me an extra challenge. This is one of the best shooters ever created and one of the best games I have ever played in my life. I made a giant Ikaruga poster for my room. I think the best moment is when I was in chinatown, playing the game and some asian guy was like "wow your good." Coming from the guys that can beat pretty much anything in the arcade, blindfolded was a great compliment. I would really enjoy the Sake set, not only for show, but for use. I also would love to play the console version so I can get my high score onto that internet ranking system and check my scores against others. I could replace my old crappy, blurry B&W poster with the prize one. Maybe its my ADD, but this just seems like the one game in my life that I can truely master. Besides, I must have spent well over $100 on it in the arcades by now, and I still cant get enough. Cheapy, Thanks so much for this opportunity.

I liked Ikaruga so much that I watched Black and White TV programs on Nick at Night for hours just to get in the zone :)

I'm so hardcore I played it and beat it before everyone else did on DC (and not any burned copy neither). I tried to get my friends to play it with me, but they'd all suck. So I resorted to playing 2-player games with both hands. No, I'm not any good like that Japanese girl, but I can still kick some serious ass. With some sake in me I'll be able to switch black to white faster than Michael Jackson.

In short, I love Ikaruga! And I deserve to win dangnabbit!

I have never win anything in my life. I am what you might call a perpetual loser. I am still a virgin at 22; nope never got laid. I have never even had a girlfriend. Winning this could change things for me you know. It could help me shed this image I have of myself and things can pick up you know. I have never won anything, it's just so sad. :cry:

I am such a hardcore Ikaruga fan that I named my twin daughters Radiant and Silvergun. My next born will be called Ikaruga, since he/she will be the sequel.

My name is Sergio Gonzalez, and I've heard great reviews about Ikaruga. I was actually planning to buy it, but since I might win it here, I bought other games. I surely deserve at least the game itself, since it looks great and I love shooters

[email protected]

I deserve this game because I am avid fan of this genre, I have always loved these kinds of games and I also collect rare and hard to find games so this whole set would just be adding to my collection, also 5-10% of the video gaming population will enjoy this game, its a very hard game and most people will give up on it rather quickly, I will play this game for years to come because I heard nothing but great reviews on it, also those sake cups might also come in handy after a long day of work....

so to put it bluntly, I deserve this game because I will cherish it, I will play it for years and love it, hey, it has to be a amazing game if its the sequal to Radiant Silvegun, which i own and is amazing, and this game from what I hear is even better, so PLEEEEEEEASE choose me.

Chow and good luck to all

I deserve this because every weekend I volunteer time reading to underpriveleged children. That and I once saved Don Knotts' life. And I invented the internet. And I also just got diagnosed with hair cancer. And if I don't get it, I'll cry.

Okay, maybe not, but it just so happens that I love sake and I love Ikaruga. Is this a coincidence? Not so much.

Well, I guess I am most deserving because I bought a Gamecube here thanks to a deal that NintendoFanGirl posted here. If it wasn't for that, I might not have even bought one. I have heard alot about Ikaruga. I have played a decent number of shooters in my time (Silkworm, Alpha Mission, Galaga, Einhander, Galactic Attack, Gyruss to name a few). I know Ikaruga is made by the same people who did Radiant Silvergun and I'd like to see what makes this game so appealing.

Well, surely no one can deny that *I* am undisputably, undeniably, and scrumdiddley-umptiously deserving of such a fine game set for...what's it called..Ikarugi. Ikari warriors? Crap, I forgot the name and I'm too lazy to open another browser window to see what it was. Anyhow....ummm.. pictures encouraged, you say? ...how's about THIS beauty:

0792169182.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ta-daaa! Ohhhh yeah. Feast your eyes on that! ...aaand that's another contest entered for me. I can just smell the impending victory. *inhale*

setup.jpg

do YOU have a tate monitor so you can play Ikaruga in fullscreen, high-rez VGA quality?

... chances are, no...

Oh and what's that on the TV? That's right, Ikaruga's spiritual predecessor, Radiant Silvergun.

If I wanted, I could play them simultaneously 8)

I don't understand why you're giving the game away to its biggest fan, as anyone who is that hardcore of a fan would already own it. So give it to me instead because i've never played it.

-I'm so cool, you don't even know I'm cool!

Why am I the most deserving? Well, one time I was walking down the street and I saw this dude from Japan. Naturally my first instinct was to start throwing rocks at him but then I noticed he had some funny looking kanji on his jacket. I decided to investigate. He told me it was from a game called Ikaruga and offered to show me it at his hosue, against my better judgement I agreed. When I arrived in his shack (the term "house" seems to generous) I walked in and was amazed at all the shooting games he had. Within moments I was playing everything from classics like Raiden and 1942 to modern games like Giga Wing and Radiant Silvergun. I was playing and loving them all and had a great time despite my Japanese comanions numerous attempts to slip his hand down my pants. After exhausting the collection I saw a small box with the very symbol he had been wearing on his jacket, surely, this MUST be the Ikaruga he had mentioned. I asked to see it and he simpy chuckled, he told me only those who pass the test may play. He left the room and returned with the very sake set offered in this contest and told me I had to beat him in a shot drinking contest. I agreed and began drinking, nearly made one of the worst mistakes of my life. Soon the guy was on me like Rosie O'Donnel on a lesbian made out of ham. What he didn't count on was that I could actually hold my liquor, apparently something he couldn't do because as I stumbled up to run he mearly fell on his face. I was too disoriented to grab the game for my cube and could only stumble onto the street in terror. I still lay awake at nights remembering that day, damn I wish I had gotten to play that game.

So. for fighting off a drunken pervert I believe I'm the most deserving of the game, and as for the sake set, don't I sound like I need a few drinks?

I hope I win a copy of this game. The leprechans who live under my bed keep coming out at night and stealing my copy. I'm wise to them now though. I set a trap up, and all I need is the bait.

I'm the most deserving one because I want to have the game, for me it's hard to find it (were I live) and it would be a nice game to add to my collection

i deserve this because i love the game so much, everytime i go to fryz, the first thing i do is play this game (which has been there on display for a while). the only reason i havent bought it so far is b/c i have been waiting for this contest.

Ever since KOTOR for the XBox moved in with us, my Gamecube and I have been, well let's say, distant, and with Fable and Doom III in the wings, it doesn't look like we'll be spending much time together. We need something to spark that 'ole feeling. I miss having the wavebird in hand, mashing buttons like a madman, and Ikaruga might just be the thing we need!

Sake fan? Damn right I am! I'm so hardcore, I'll drink the stuff at room temperature. Yeah, it tastes like sweaty socks when it's not hot, but sometimes emergencies don't allow time to steep a pot of water!

Not to mention, the contest ends the night before my birthday. What a great gift idea!

-Elementary school: 1943 (NES) and Grape Soda, $5 (bought from friend) and $.75 for 12 oz can.
-Middle school: Raiden Trad (SNES) and Coke, $19.99 and $1.99 for 2 liter.
-High school: Raiden Project (PSX) and Lemon-Lime Gatorade, $29.99 and $2.19 for 16 oz bottle.
-College: Ikaruga (DC) and Beast, $39.99 and probably around $.07 a can (though case after case, the dollars do add up)

-After college: Winning a CAG prize pack that captures a lifelong passion of top-down shooters and drinking, all in one package...Priceless.

For the rich and uninformed, there's MSRP. For everyone else, there's CAG.

*EDIT* Am I a sake fan? Until you can identify every crooked table in every bar in your town/city (for Sake Bombs), can blindly taste the difference between Sapporo and Ichiban, and have had your throat operated on twice from yelling KAMPAI! you are not a sake fan. Here's to you, CheapyD.

Hmmm...so far, I have been a failure and a loser; I have never won anything in my life. This contest has given me hope.

On an unrelated note, one time, I was walking down this narrow corridor and ran into a rival gang wearing all black. Our gang wears all white, so I was in big trouble. Then I remember reading about Ikaruga and it's innovative way to avoid being shot to death by enemy bullets. So, I turned my shirt inside out so that the black was showing. Same with the pants. Then, I started running past them as they fired their bullets. Haha! I was invincible! It only required a minor emergency operation to get the bullet out my neck since I didn't have a black scarf.

kthxbai

Before I post why I should win....I think FirstBlood should win :shock: I mean damn.....anyway, I'm so hardcore, I'll let him take first place, too bad though, I'd wanna get drunk on sake and see how good I do :D

Ok. Here is my entry...

I would like to win this giveaway, not for myself, but for my fiance. I've have tried really hard to expose her to the wonderful world of gaming. Yet, everytime I bring home a "sure thing" it falls flat on its face. I think it's time for a change in strategy, and Ikaruga is the perfect game to start with. It's multiplayer, which she will like because we can "share" the experience. It's fast paced, which she "should" enjoy because she mashes those buttons like a heroin junky slappin a vein. And it's the GameCube version, which we will both enjoy since we have two Wavebirds. (Anyone else notice how easy it is to set aside the Wavebird, roll over and love your woman for a bit, and then get right back into the action WHILE you cuddle with her afterwards?) The saki set would be an added bonus because we love to booze it up every now and then. What better way to play games then all boozed up?

I love Ikaruga b/c i feel very sexually bond with this game. Makes me feel...like i never felt before. My spider-sense is tellin me..that this game ius the one for me..I LOVE U ...whats the name again.... oh yea ....IKARUGA...!!!!!!

I dunno if I should win the contest....but I wanted to say that I was hardcore enough to crack the casing on my TV doing trying that thing where you turn the TV on its side to give you a better arcade feel.

I'm a hardcore fan of the side scrolling shooter! Life Force for the NES is one of my favorite games of all time.

And I love sake!

[quote name='mst3k_stud']
ikaruga.jpg

Brah, if that's not deserving then I don't know what is.[/quote]

Bawhaha! This contest is over, give that man the $10,000!

[quote name='blackjaw']ahahahahah...contest over...mis3k wins![/quote]

It just started a few hours ago. Photoshop is easily downloadable off of the internet.

Aye. Let me have this Ikaruga prize pack or I'll log out of cheapassgamer for good. This is not a threat, you know I'll do it.

ummm...I shuld git it becus.........ummm.....I like pie? Oh, oh, I ned 1 more GCN gam to fil up my cace. Oh, I know pi to the 34th desmal place. I think its ovious that i dserve it. Oh and i cant spell so i should do somting tat dost recuir spelng. Oh and my S/N is Drunken_master and i should get the sake set

Plain and simple, no one can deny this -

I am the most deserving of this fabulous prize package for this simple reason. Later this year, In OCTOBER...I'm getting married.
(bye bye videogames)

That being said I will need to be doing a lot of drinking.....

( here's where the sake set will prove useful )

to get through my married years and when I am told to go sleep on the couch..having a CUBE version of IKARUGA there to open its arms and invite me to play.......MINT.

WINNER !!!

The reason why I deserve this game is because it's based off of my adventure. By winning and thus playing the game I could compare how good of a job they did on my adventure and to see if they did it justice. That is why I should win.

bread's done
Back