CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Would love to see a Japanese CAG equivalent ... not that I can read Japanese, but still, would be cool.

It also would be cool to win all those sweet games.

Well Cheapy your moving to Japan, land of the rising sun and us American CAGs will sorely miss you, especially us NY people. Just look at this as an opportunity to get new games before us...bastard :).

I'd like to see some reviews of the (good) Japanese games that we don't get over here, and maybe some tech reviews also. And I would like to win your games.

I Hope U Have A Good Time Out There, There Are Alot Of Hot Women. Go To Parties, Meet New People Out There, And Continue Workin Hard. Most Definetly Keep Updatin Cag. I Look Foward 2 Seeing U Be The Man From Japan. Good Luck And Have Fun.

Since your going to be there, maybe you could give us some news about newer games that we all know won't land in the US for another year or 2.

Or maybe stand in line outside of a store for the 360 launch and take some pictures of ALL the rabid fans just waiting for it....

Good luck to you and your family CheapyD. Japan is renowned for it's excellent public transportation system, most notably it's subway. They actually have a guy with a baton who pushes people onto the trains.

It would be freakin' sweet if you ended up getting one of those pimped out vans with the giant spoilers and art work on them. Driving around Japan in one of those would be the sweetest thing ever.

I would like to win CheapyD's games because I am a CAG and don't have very much money, so I like free stuff, especially when its in the form of videogames.

I want to go to japan someday and i got a friend that wants to go as well. If you make a sister site for Japan that would be sweet. Import games and anime would be awesome in my opinion.

I'd like to see photo's of Cheapy D going HULK: ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION, while in Japan.

maybe some hand to hand with Godzilla, like the Charles Barkley Nike Commercials where he plays some ball with him.

that would be SOOOOOO sweet!

japan? wow. i'm sure it'll great there. congratulations.

you should buy some huge 70's platform disco shoes before you go, then wear them over there and tower over everyone while laughing maniacally.

Congrats ... and let me just say that Mrs CheapyD rules ... I wish my Mrs. would get a good enough job to do the same. Though, somehow, I think she's waiting for me to do the exact same thing for her.

Anyway ... go to a Sumo match and sit close enough to be sprayed with man sweat like the whales at Sea World.

We know you are leaving all of your games behind, because nothing can compare to those quirky japanese dating and sex sims video games.

Have fun in Japan, and once again thanks for this great site.

Id love to see:

1. ENGRISH!!!
2. funny culture items only the JP would produce
3. hilarious gaijen misadventures if they aren't too embarrassing to talk about ;P.
4. spotlights on games that are not coming over here but are import friendly or overlooked that catch your eye.
5. strange food encounters e.g. squid,potato pizza and review them if you can.
6. cool gadgets that would be fun to import but not heard of here.
7. new cool technology like paper thin tv or laser guns or something.
8. Things not to do or say if you go to Japan. Like lessons learned. e.g. dont point your feet at arabs - stuff like that only for Japan.

Can't wait to see the new direction CAG will take!! Good Luck!!

edit: oh ya also we would like the winning lottery numbers!

CheapyD, now you could play games that never get released here in the US and play them before they get released here.

Count me in....ummm...something about Japan. OK, OK....

People in Japan REALLY love their videogames. :D I'll add another one. (Most) People in Japan eat with chopsticks. :)

GL, and, I would imagine it would be hard keeping up with American Deals while in a different country so you're gonna have to work twice as hard. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what does your wife do in which she was offered a job in Japan of all places.

Cheapy - It would be a privilege to take care of your gaming collection for you. I won't even consider the stuff my own, we can just say that I'm 'gamesitting" for you.

plus, while you're in japan and the Mrs. is paying the bills, maybe you can go on special assignment to finally explain to us the popularity of some of the more bizarre popular videogames in the land of the rising sun...

Cheapy, You need to have a different animal costume for each day of the week so you can run around Tokyo bringing joy to the people. Damn there is nothing funnier than people in animal suits doing goofey shit.

Watch out for the Earthquakes bro. I was playing LIVE with my buddy who lives in Japan when that last small one hit Tokyo. He about crapped himself when the place started shaking. We never lost connection through the entire thing!

I need those games. If I don't get those games its going to be another cold winter of FantaVision for me! Don't let that happen cheapy, I beg of you. :D

That's such an amazing relocation--is that the reason for the regional boards now?

I'd love to finally get Deathrow, much less that TGS stuff... I've never been able to go :(

Thanks Cheapy ;)

Do you or Mrs. Cheapy speak Japanese already? Konichiwa! Good luck - must be a great job if you can quit your job to do CAG full time despite the cost of living in Japan.

Personally, I'd like Cheapy to find one of those legendary "Boonga Boonga" (sp?) machines that I keep hearing about. You know, the one with the giant finger, and the big butt. I'm going to Japan myself in a couple of months, and I'm on a holy quest to find this machine. Be a friend and hook me up with some locations where I can find this highly inappropriate, yet highly hilarious arcade cabinet!

Good luck to you and Mrs. CheapyD!

I think that future CAGcasts should include you performing some obnoxious Karaoke...it's big in Japan!

CheapyD should confront wacky language and culture related things much like in Lost in Translation.

Oh wait... Lost in Translation wasn't funny... Nevermind.

(If for some odd reason I did manage to win, I'd prefer that the games be donated to a local charity (shelter for battered and abused women/children, or somesuch), and that some of the schwag be divied up and given as gifts to some of your hard working mods. )

I'd like to see Cheapy get a starring voice over role in a hit hentai series. After listening to the CAGcasts, I believe he has the perfect voice for it! He'll become a Japanese celebrity.

I would definately have to say CheapyD could definately be a Japanese hardcore wrestler's manager. No injuries to him and he could keep his name do cheap shots, maybe even throw crappy games at people or break them over their heads.

Cheapy, I'm just a noob here, and I've got no right to even try for your games, but I'm happy you get to go to Japan. My wish for you is to hook up with Chiaki Kuriyama (Go Go Yubari in Kill Bill), have some sushi (preferrably deep-fried), then enjoy a couple hours of Katamari Damacy.

wow, its a major transition from nyc to japan.....
i can honestly say though that i have been a member in this forum for almost a year now.
i always check this site out, but im always trying to keep in on the low since when ever i find a good deal its already posted in here, however i was able to post a few deals on video games.
any way, im wish you the best in japan and hope you and mrs cheapy to be happy in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back