CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Tried to post this yesterday but was running into problems...

I'd like to see you get in line for the PS3, ASAP. Hey, if you want one at launch over there, you gotta be prepared to make sacrifices... like say, a year of your life! ;)

It has been said that people in Japan die disproportionately on the 4th of each month. Interestingly, the words "death" and "four" are pronounced the same (shi) in the Japanese language. Avoid the number four at all costs!

Seriously though, you guys stay safe over there! :D

Have you seen that book, Fruits? I want you to infiltrate the subculture among Japanese teens where you wear the most gaudy outfits imaginable. Think goth/punk/Cyndi Lauper/cheerleading/industrial age/gamer. Yeah.

I'm glad things are going great for you CheapyD, but I'll be sad to see you leave our United States. :(

Either way, In Japan, I suppose you should buy some panties from a vending machine and then take a huge whiff of them and loudly proclaim "Momma mia! That's-a spicy meat-a-ball!".

Oh and send me some cool Yuko Ogura stuff!

Good luck, and look for a tall white girl with short brownish hair while you're over there. Her name is Zara and she lives in a town over from Isahaya(can't find where she actually lives.) But now you can play the fun game of spot the white person in asia. When I went to Hong Kong that was always a fun game to play, but it probably would be harder in Japan since HK has all the ex-patriots from the whole british rule thing. Have fun!

I think you should take a picture while you're in Japan of a schoolkid doing Kancho to you. Sick little kids there man. Sticking fingers up people's asses. :cold:

I haven't been to Japan in 20 years -- I guess that implies I'm no youngster -- but I seem to remember having a lot of fun walking around Akihabara and exploring the electronics shops there. Be sure to check out the pachinko parlors as well.

The Japanese people are great, and they always want a chance to test out their English on Americans. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun there.

I envy you for being able to go to japan (even though it is kind of forced). I've always wanted to visit there. Maybe someday I will. I have to of course save up money for it lol. I think the Japanese girls are so Kawaii (well atleast alot of them). I admire there culture, there stength, there ideas, there society, there people (especially the girls ;-)), and just everything else. I hope everything works out for you out there CheapyD and thanks for having this contest. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good-luck and have fun if you can :)

Good Luck in Japan. I spent just under 10 years there in the 80's and 90's. They have the best tech stuff that we never get to see here in the US. The food is excellent and you can get anywhere by train. But probably best of all is you will now have a short commute to the Tokyo Game Show, yoohoo! Enjoy!

Nice contest. Cheapy D: Walk into Nintendo and see how far you can get before you get caught. If your actually interested lets have it on tape so we can all see it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm planning on being a filmmaker and once I'm successful at that, I'm going to try and move to Japan to indulge in some of their customs and get a feel for their way of life since its so much more different than here in the states. I can't wait to hit the streets and check out all the videogame stores and just be in gaming ecstasy. In addition, I want to be able to make a film there actors such as Beat Kitano.

I would like to see CheapyD go out and walk the streets of Toyko in his bathrobe proclaiming himself the true Iron Chef and challenge random people in the streets to a battle where you reach into your pocket and reveal that the secret ingredient is...........

Fruit Stripe gum

yum-zebra-fruity-gum.gif

All I can say about Japan...DON'T get a job in a corporation. I'm working for a Japanese company branch office here in the U.S. and not matter how much you know about games or anime or how much you've heard about salarymen, trust me, it's not something you want to do.

Hi, I just selfishly joined in order to enter this SWEEEEET! contest.

I have a confession to make: I don't own an X-Box or PS2, but I've been meaning to buy them 2nd hand for some time now. If I win your stuff, that'll be my excuse to pick them up cheap off ebay.

ATA

Oh, and I would like for you to go to get your picture taken with some cosplayers when you get to Japan

Too bad about the games, but I bet you'll quickly find replacements.

Since now you're local, how about heading to all the developers you can find and get yourself put in as a hidden character for random games? A zombie for RE5! A mini-boss for Ninja Gaiden 2! A background dancer for DDR 75! Well, maybe not that last one ;)

Well, I used to live in Okinawa back in 03 and 04. It was quite a unique experience. Anyhow, you need to find a restaurant named Cocoichiban. They serve curry, it's delicious. Here's hoping I pull off the win.

If I were to move to japan I'd go bankrupt. I'm already going broke buying anime here in the US at "reduced prices". Paying twice the amount for -sometimes- half the content simply scares me.

Some really cool cars come from Japan....Like my 04 Nissan Sentra Spec-v!!
So..umm...when you move there I will think of you just as cool as my car. Good Luck over there!

And if by some wierd chance I win, I will have 10 contests on here and give away 10 random games from your collection.

How about an oline store selling Japanese gaming stuffs?
I know Japanese game stores usually sell unpopular or dated stuffs like garbage.
And if you mail all the orders together once a month, it could greatly reduce the shipping cost.

I hope to see plenty of photos of terrible Japanese English phrases when you get there, CheapyD. And if you need someone to pick up a cheap B&M item for you stateside, just say the word.

I hope Japan is a good move for you and I hope the site will still be as good as when you were in the states. As for what to do in Japan, has anybody suggested you try the sometimes poisonous delicacy of blowfish (fugu?) ala Homer Simpson?

Japanese culture is the best: great movies from Miyazaki and Kurosawa, absorbing RPGs from Squenix and their competitors, and freaky music from the Boredoms! Consider me entered.

Awsome move sounds like a great change of pace from the states to Tokyo
I have always like the idea of moving or form me even visting some other culture.:hot:

Oh, I am so jealous that you will live in Japan. I've long considered saving just enough money for a one way ticket to Japan and then finding my way once I get there.
Sucks about your games though. Consider me entered.

dress up as Bonk and throw Atari 2600 carts at passer-byers while yelling at them in Yiddish at your local bullet train stop...

or i could just win the games :)

I would love to win your games becasue I am a father of two kids and almost never get any anymore.

It would also be cool to see you dressed as a game charater in famous locations...

You'll be back.

So go ahead and give me your games to hold on to while youre gone and then I'll ship them back when you step on US soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back