CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

So there's basically no chance of me winning this thing right now, but what the hell. Hope you have fun in japan, hell, at least you'll get to see a real arcade....not too many over here in nyc now. This a permanent move? Hope you like it over there if so.

CheapyD needs o go to a bath house and get a happy ending from a chick dressed like Chun Li. Just be careful of your enunciation or you'll get the hurricane kicks.

Ahhh, I am jealous. The Japanese culture fascinates me, and I hope to visit there sometime in the near future.

Leave your mark in the Akihabara district for all of us!

[quote name='CheapyD']
Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

[/QUOTE]

Below is the winning Cheap Ass Haiku:

Winning all your games
Before you go to Japan
Makes me feel happy.

Of course, there is the alternative:

Winning all your games
Before you go to Japan
Pisses off my wife.

The first thing I would do in Japan is buy one of those cars that can turn into a robot and drive around showing it off to my friends.

I don't know what kind of "offer you can't refuse" you got, but just be careful of the high cost of living in Japan. I've always wanted to visit there, but never found the time or money.

Also, I heard there are NO mod chips there, so you'd either need to bring your own system or buy a Japan system to enjoy their games. Odd indeed, being a high tech land but low on piracy. Fancy that.

Have fun in Japan!

Cheapy should embark on a mission, with PSP/DS in tow, to find the magical Soap Forests of Hokkaido and brew his own box of Mr. Sparkle to bring back when he visits good ol' New York City again. In fact if Cheapy happens to fall into a Gizmondo's lap, he can use the GPS feature to find the damned forest. After all that's probably all it's good for at this point, unless he finds "Balls" entertaining.

I think Cheapy should interview Miyamoto after infilitrating his house Metal-Gear style after having straped every piece of Nintendo hardware he can find onto his body. After that, try to find a recording studio where they record hilarious anime music, while still wearing the Nintendo equipment.

Man... tokyo... thats great cheapyD.Hope u have fun. Buy me some imports and other junk. i want ur prize pack. it looks sick ASS!!!!

CRAZY CRAP RULES!!!!

8 8
88 88
8 8

I hear they have great used game stores in Japan. I would love it if you could visit some and post about it.

Enjoy Japan it should be great.

Many Japanese workers spend more time in the office than americans do. Also, if you like to play RPG's (Not in electronic form) purchase your stuff in the states before going. RPG's are not as popular as they are here in the States. I personally do not play them but just in case you do.

Good Luck and Enjoy that LOOOOONG flight.

I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of you in a cosplay outfit of a Katmari. I haven't seen any yet, and it is quite dissapointing :(.

Congratulations on the new job gig! I lived in Japan a long time ago (in the first grade!).

I had a few adventures, scared the living crap out of my family once or twice (discovering their child roaming aimlessly around downtown Osaka will give just about any parents' nerves a serious run for their money!).

I only wish I was there when I was a little older so that I could remember more!

Of course I probably would have gotten into even more trouble, so it's probably all for the best.

If you have children, they will be amazed and wide-eyed with wonder for all that they have the opportunity to see and experience.

Have an excellent time!

AD

I like Japan, it's good. Video games are also good. If I won your games, it'd be good. MMmmm GOOD JAPAN VIDEO GAMES! GOOD!

Congrats on the job, living in Japan is sure to be fun.
I have to thank you CheapyD, ever since I found your site I basically stopped buying games at full price.

Glad to see something cool happen to you, hopefully we'll get to see a cool pic of you and some legendary video game creators.

Yo Cheapy!!

I'm Robbyrob, an old school gamer. I'm a newbie on this board, but I've been diggin your site and cagcasts for quite some time. Thanks for the great site and cagcasts (even if wombat is annoying sometimes)!

I would love to win those games! I would be gettin' my game on all winter! Mrs Robbyrob would love it!

I would also love to see Cheapy do a "live from the throne" cagcast from that crazy restaurant where you sit on toilets! I can't remember the name but I'm pretty sure it's in Japan.

keep rokken!

Robbyrob

Hey Cheapy! I had the pleasure of visiting Japan a few months ago and I can tell you I'd move there in a second if I had the opportunity. Everything about the country, the people, the culture, etc. is just so beautiful. Anyway, I'd love your stash of games so pass 'em my way ;-) Have a great time in Japan and keep up the good work on CAG!

Very interesting news CheapyD, Actually this is great stuff...How are you when it comes to imports? I'm sure you know that many games never see the light of day here in the U.S. that are big hits overseas. NOW that you are moving out there are you interested in learning another language? I won't "like" to see you do this but it would be fucking Kick Ass IMO, Imagine doubling the available games just by knowing another language? well not doubling per say...but an interesting game that was never released in the U.S. but released overseas limited...like Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast or something is a perfect example of this. I have been on this website for a while as many can see...I'm greatful for all the free magazines I have gotten...I am never bored on the shitter anymore.

Right about now I have some things under wraps, I love this forum BTW. In the future I would like to partner with CheapAssGamer as I am currently in the process of developing my website (insert uber slick website promotion here) www.justmacgames.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

those are just the beta forums as I am just trying to gather data about the few Mac Games out there as the programmer that I am...will lean me towards developing my first ever video game on that program as Macs make the move to Intel.

Why would I like your games? I mean why else? I'm a huge video game head...and you got a kick ass list of games on there. actually I don't really think it would be fair to get your games as:

1.) I have gotten through most of those games on that list
2.) I don't contribute to the forum as much as others do.

I would love for you to reply with my question tho...what u think about imports?

-Julius

Wow, that's pretty awesome of you!

I want you to report back from Japan on the following question: Is there a whole bunch of random shit/trash all over the streets in Japan, like there is in Katamari Damacy?

Please put me down as a contestant for the contest :)

Perhaps you could spend a night in one of those coffin sized hotel rooms, and hey you get a tv and radio in the ceiling.

Well I guess now that you have conquered the USA, it is time to move on to Japan. Convert Japan next, then.... the world to cheapassgaming.

This site has changed my life, and I'm not just saying that so I can win your games....

I'm going to write my sentence shortly... but with 2700+ replies? SUCH BAD ODDS! Good luck on whatever you're doing to pick someone, they're lucky as hell.

I would love to win the games including Frequency, Shadow of Colossus demo and of course the CAG t-shirt. Great contest CheapyD, very nice collection of games!

I would love to win some games! I never win anything and it's probably not going to happen this time, considering the length of this thread, but it's worth a shot.

wow so many damn newbies, comin out of the wood work for this. On a side not, if I win I dont own a PS2 so you can either have another one of these or you can give them to someone else. Key word though is if ;)

I think I should win his games because my name sounds somewhat similar to his. When you move to Tokyo, make sure to bitch slap a business man with a chopstick.

Visited Japan once, but was too young and did not have too much memory about it. However, I had fun there, the hotels we stayed were very nice and food were good too. Some stuffs, i.e. some restaurant, were overpriced in Japan though.

I do like to see Cheapy go and visit as much game stores or places that sell games, like Toy's 'R' Us, once he lives in Japan and get us pictures. :D Also probably show some promo stuffs of games if he managed to get his hands on some. :)

I read in a mag once, that japan was the most expensive place in the world to live. I think new york was the 2nd place. Japan was like around 2 million per year and NY was 1.2 mil I Believe. Dayuuuummmm.

i would like to see you go to a couple of game developer HQs and get some first hand interviews...oh and check out some of those weird games they have going on...id appreciate it seeing as how im in school for game development and im sure a lot of fellow gamers would like it also

I dont think I have a shot in hell at winning your games, but good luck in tokyo. Its the one place I've always wanted to visit.

But damn, you'll get to play the best japanese games, we'll never even hear about here. All thos sweet japanese wrestling games, and of course the oddities, like the bus and soup shop sims, Japan is a gamers heaven.

Not to mention the used panty vending machines!!!

Lucky bastard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back