CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Wow Japan!
That's pretty exciting...the new food, culture...and way cool stuff that we can't get yet! I don't know how you can't squeeze a few more of those games in your suitcase ( they are pretty thin you know) but who am I to question your generosity.
Good luck in Japan Cheapy and good luck to me in the contest!

CheapyD,

I want you to visit the gaming industry over in Japan, and give us first experience of what it's like to create a video game. Visit the various companies on video games and do a documentation that you can put online here. I think that would be great! Thanks for the contest!

Thad

When in Japan watch out for these dangers: dormant and some active volcanoes; about 1,500 seismic occurrences (mostly tremors) every year; tsunamis; typhoons:godzillas.If I win the games I will make a cobra comander base out of them,,,,, or play them?I haven`t descided.

I would like to see Cheapy D get Wombat drunk on sake :beer: and then stuff him in a suitcase and bring Wombat along with you to Japan. \\:D/

While you are living in Tokyo you should begin training in MMA. You will be an unstopable force!!!! Anyways have fun while you are there and thanks a lot for the site and for this game give-away!!!

I would be great to win these games. It would help expand my collection. I would also like Cheapy to go to a Tokyo restaurant and order Chinese food. That would be funny I think.

I want you to visit the Ikuno Mine and Mineral Museum (33-5 Aza-Otani-Suji, Ono, Ikuno-Cho, Asago-Shi, Hyogo-Ken, 6793324, Japan) and take pictures. In particular, if memory serves, they've got the world's largest Stibnite crystal.

Since i enjoy your podcasts so much, I would like a videocast with your obervations of japanese gaming and culture. that or you could have a japanese guy review things that are distincly american once a week, that could be hiarious.

I love the Cinematech nocturnal emissions segments that show the different games from Japan that dont make it to the States.

I think you should do some sort of segment like that. I always find the Japanese games interesting and show a lot more innovation/fringe gameplay that just doesnt get the run over here in the states.

hey cheapy run around as masterchief and ask who all is going to buy xbox 360 and post your findings on the site it would be freakin sweet!!!
good luck in Japan!
shmay

Good Luck, CheapyD. The videogame mecca of the world and you get to go there to live. Awesome! I can't wait to see some of the cool stuff you discover for all us CAGs.

dang, japan so lucky. looks like you will be playing ps3 when we're still stuck playing ps2. winning all your games would make the wait bearable tho. haha

Hey there CheapyD. Way to go man. Japan is awesome. I used to live there as a kid. Of course I never really learned any japanese since I only lived there when I was liek 2 till I was like 5 or 6. But I have all these pictures and videos of there from when I was a child and it seemed really cool. I can still somewhat remmebr some of the stuff there. My family of course lived on a naval base there because my dad was in the navy, but it was still pretty cool. We lived in Okinawa. If your living there permantantly than cool, hope you greow accustomed to it. If this is only gonan be for a while than take up as many sites as you can man. Its a beautiful country.

Try to watch a mongoose vs snake match. There pretty interesting. My familly got to jeep teh dead sanke inside a bottle of saki. Freaks my friends out. We also got all types of neat things from there. Some masks, budha statues, dragon staues. I got alot of these toys called "Battle Beasts" down there. I think they might have been in the U.S as well, but it was really big down there. You'lll get to experience all those neat and unique games japan gets now. Lucky you. Theres so many Japanese titles Id love over here in the U.S.

Maybe you can somehow help more titles reach the U.S. lol

I'd love your games your giving away, but man alot of people posted in this topic. So I probally wont win. But if I do...woot! I'll have alot of fun. Theyll have a happy new home with the rest of my games.

Again, enjoy your new life in Japan.

:)

Count me in on the contest, I would love to win your games CheapyD!

Oh, and gratz on your new job in Japan!

lucky!!! i always wanted to go to Japan!!! youll be the biggest one there... if you know what i mean. i would like to see you dress up as a japanese schoolgirl (just joking), i would like to see you make your own CAG store in japan (if i had the money to visit Japan, i would go to the store!), just because cheap things are cool, and there used to be a store next to me that had cheap games... and i was the owners 1st customer and a good friend so i got even more discounts!!!

> something about Japan.

Japanese women are hot.

> winning my games.

It would be so cool for me to win.

> what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

I want you to go up to the President of Sony-Japan and tell him that I still think that the Saturn and Dreamcast are better than the PlayStation and PS2.

Thank you, Cheapy!

What I would like to see (for the amusement of all) is you playing a hand-held system in one of those sleeping tubes that they have over there... I don't know exactly why, but that presents a funny visual for me. ;)

Once you're in Japan, I'd like to see a photo album of nothing but you in awkward places. Pics of you being the only tall, bald, caucasian man standing in the huge crowds of japanese people... pics where you stick out like a sore thumb. Something that I can sing the old Sesame Street "one of these things is not like the other" song too.

Also, I'd like to win your games. Good luck on the move!

This is mostly a contest entry, but since I haven't said it already, thanks for this great resource. It lets me play more and save money for other things. That's awesome.

In the meantime, I'd love to see a post about attending some sort of shinto event, festival, temple visit. I know next to nothing about shinto.

I don't know if this has been said (can't read through 58 pages of messages, and those are the LARGE pages), but even if it has I think its FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Cheapy D should open up a chain of schoolgirl panty vending machines......even go as far as to open a live "newsstand of sorts" for panties....lol....

anyways.....Good Luck in Tokyo, Cheapy, and if you decide to go with my idea, send me an E6 if you can.....THANKS!!!!!!

I hope Japan brings much fun, which is undoubtable as it is full of insanity! Hoping to win your excellent game collection, but wishing you a safe voyage as well.

Take Care!

Kellen

I would like to see Cheapy D follow in the footsteps of Piro and Largo. Buy a "cool thing" but get it on discount!

i wanna see Cheapy build a giant godzilla and run around town videotaping himself, either that or dress up like big bird i heard he's huge in Japan

Thanks Cheapy!

Yay contest, also have fun on your trip to Japan. Always sounded like it would be fun to go there, if anything just to check out the arcades.

They have square watermelons in Japan. No, really, they grow them in glass boxes. :shock: Ten thousand yen a piece (new games cost about 7000).

_1390088_watermelons300ap.jpg

When you move to Tokyo, you should make a video blog about all the neat stuff you find there, and you could show off your sweet new items (i.e. the Rez Trance Vibrator, or some sweet new foods). Cheapy, you rule!

Also i heard japan has some awesome fireworks displays but you've gotta wait till summer sadly. oh well somthing to look forward to.:bouncy: By the way I'm sooo jealous.
705-fkbfw1-450.jpg
705-fkbfw4-450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back