CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Mmm, Godzilla. That brings back memories of Saturday afternoons, watching the crappy independent TV stations, long before Fox, WB, and UPN bought em all up. Back then you saw the best stuff cause the big guys thought they were above all that "Japanese stuff". Man were they missing out!

Guess it serves Hollywood right then when the American version of "Godzilla" flopped so badly in the theaters. Thats what you get for being the movie that ushered in a massive price hike in ticket prices. But wait...

Columbia Tristar put out that movie... Columbia Tristar is owned by Sony Picture Studios... DOH! The Japanese got screwed again!

Ah Godzilla...
tastes like chicken

Every cheap ass gamer knows the best kind of game deal is a FREE game deal. So come on and giv'em to me, I swear they will all be safe and warm, spinning freely in the disc drive.

Holy crap, last day... I'm the ultimate cheapass, I've been sitting here waiting for something like this to happen! Here's hoping a cheap ass newbie gets introduced by becoming the winner. Love this site, and I'm sure it's only going to get better, best of luck in Japan.

Last day, my first post. Winning these games on would be beyond cool because the contest ends on my birthday, I'm serious. I know it's pretty selfish, well damn. Good luck in Tokyo.

[quote name='mash']If I won those games I'd be able to hold off buying a gaming PC, and get a 360.[/QUOTE]

Mashyyyyys here yayyyyy

Hey Cheapy enjoy it whatever you do... Hopefully your place will be big enough that you can stretch without knocking anything down... Sorry it had to be said.

I still can't believe this went to so many pages... I don't even know where my first post was...

Definitely check out some of those crazy game stores and get some pics for us though.

Hopefully CAG will become even better, now that you'll have more time to work with the site. I'd like to see more CAG exclusive deals or coupon codes.

Once you are in Tokyo I'd like to see you get a chicken for a pet, have a special suit tailored for it, get it a leash, and then strut through the streets of Tokyo with it :D

(You have to be in a suit too, one that matches the chickens)

I wish I could go to Japan. I've always dreamed of visiting that country. Good luck there, CheapyD. Also, if I garner your collection, I'll be sure to take care of your games. Also, as for something I'd like to see you do... how about a live web tour of a Japanese video game store once you arrive in Japan?

[quote name='Kenshin9']
I still can't believe this went to so many pages... I don't even know where my first post was...

Definitely check out some of those crazy game stores and get some pics for us though.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it almost hit 3k replies!

Pics are deffinantly needed especially of any cute Japanese girl gamers :p

Cheapy, i've been wanting to tell you this for a while now but I never found the right words. Since you are leaving in a couple days i'm just gonna spit it out now.

I LOVE YOU... I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU... AND I WANT TO HAVE YOUR CHILDREN!

Please pick me thanks! ;)

Have a good time in Japan. I would love to go over there sometime. I've heard they have some awesome used game stores there. I even found some links to some stores that sell used arcade boards to the public. That sounds really tempting. If I knew Japanese, I would check out those sites more.

http://www.try-inc.co.jp/
http://www.mak-jp.com/

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going there anytime soon. My wallet would be empty in no time. ;)

Ahh, Japan home of great rpg makers and h-games. With all the time you'll be there you will get access to some of the best games. And if you don't speak japanese now, you will by the time you leave. Have a great time.

Wow, this thread sure has grown big. I would love to win your games, especially your copy of Symphony of the Night. Anyway, have fun in Japan and be sure to update often. :cool:

A little known fact about Japan is that despite most Western teachings that they were isolated until 1863 when Commadore Perry from America arrived, they actually were taking in Western customs from the Dutch, whom they allowed trade with once or twice a year out of Nagasaki. Meanwhile, religious beliefs (Buddhism) transfered over from China during this same period of claimed Isolationsim.

That's about all I got.

I've been going to this forum for a while now and have loved it for it's great finds and overall friendly environment. This is gonna be my first post!!! Never been very social in the forums I go to but i guess this is a good way to start!!!

I've always wanted to go to Japan. Hope you enjoy it there :) Don't drown yourself in too much anime and manga!!! While you're there why not not go to one of those japanese festivals and dress up in one of those yukatas? That always looked fun to do. Hope you have a confortable transition when moving in to Japan. Also make sure to visit one of those synthetic beaches for me while you're there. The one's where they have the whole beach feel indoors and even have artificial waves!!! Seems like they have a lot of interesting stuff and places to do and go there!

For some of the games that can be won i'm especially looking forward to Karaoke Revolution and Frequency! Gonna Sing my heart out if I am the lucky individual. Anyways thanks for giving us the opportunity to win these great games and stuff and long live CheapAssGamer!!!
Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.

PS Tell me how the sushi tastes there compared to here if possible :) Hope it's better.

Once in Japan, maybe you can bother more developers to port those quirky nice titles to english.

Also, dress up as the Prince of All Cosmos and rolls a huge Katamari over Tokyo

i have a friend who is from japan and his family is some sort of plastic moguls. they have like 3 bmws amongst them. i plan to become a plastic mogul because obviously there is money there. oh and he has squinty eyes

Don't forget to attend the Tokyo Game Show every year, and post some pics up! You're so lucky you're moving to Japan... some lucky person is gonna' win all these games!

Awesome! and good luck to all!

Jen =):applause: :bouncy: :cold: :lol: ;)

Wow ! you're so lucky you're moving to Japan! Don't forget to attend the tokyo gaming show every year, and go to all those cool little shops that have TONS more import used games =)

Wish they had shops like that here with a slew of SNES and Genesis old school games!

Good luck!

I'm throwing this out there as a last ditch effort, since I haven't posted in this thread yet. I hope you enjoy yourself in Japan, and I hope everything works out with the woman's new job. Take care!

~stew

Cheapy, I don't know you, never talked to you or interacted, but I've read through your websites many a times. I never win anything (wahhhh!!) so its probably useless that I post this...But I'll be as straight as possible. I want your games, good luck in Japan (which I know nothing about except they speak Japanese and eat Mcdonalds). Did I win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back