Contra 4!!! New 2D sidescroller for DS!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Bumpin this to ask a puzzling question:

In stage 7, has anyone run into a problem trying to kill the mid-boss? (That spider looking thing that shoots bullets, flames on the side of the walls, and a laser from its eye).

I was shooting at em', then all of a sudden the weak point stops flashing, and I'm no longer able to do any damage so now I'm stuck with a boss that I can't kill.

Anyone ever run into a problem like that?

If it matters I was using the upgraded Homing Missles.
[/quote]

I've never had this problem... Maybe there's a bug where it goes invulnerable if you take too long. With the M2 or L2, you can kill it before the 1st or second round of eye lasers.

[quote name='hero101']I'm stuck on stage 4 against the wall climbing monster.[/quote]
Again, this guy is easiest with an M2 or L2. If you don't have either of those, you can pick up an M1 or a S1 just prior to fighting this guy. The M1 will work just fine. What you want to do is climb to the top as the screen is scrolling. Shoot horizontally to the left. When he is at your level, slide down a *little* bit to avoid his punch. You should be able to still hit his body/tail section. Repeat until he's dead. With the M1, you should just be able to kill him before you hit the bottom of the pole you're climbing on.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Bumpin this to ask a puzzling question:

In stage 7, has anyone run into a problem trying to kill the mid-boss? (That spider looking thing that shoots bullets, flames on the side of the walls, and a laser from its eye).

I was shooting at em', then all of a sudden the weak point stops flashing, and I'm no longer able to do any damage so now I'm stuck with a boss that I can't kill.

Anyone ever run into a problem like that?

If it matters I was using the upgraded Homing Missles.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've had that happen to me before. Pretty annoying. The only thing you can do, as far as I know, is quit and use a continue.

[quote name='hero101']I'm stuck on stage 4 against the wall climbing monster.[/QUOTE]

It's a lot easier if you take advantage of the grappling hook line at the top of the top screen. That'll get you out of his attack range much faster than climbing.

bump, as i just got around to playing this. haven't beaten level 3 yet, but reading through the thread maybe i should drop down to 'easy'

[quote name='banpeikun']bump, as i just got around to playing this. haven't beaten level 3 yet, but reading through the thread maybe i should drop down to 'easy'[/quote]

Eh... I started on normal and just kept slugging on through. If you can manage, I suggest you try and do the same. You get a pretty big sense of accomplishment when you finally finish.
You may find that your progress kind of takes on a parabolic/exponential curve.
As you learn to hang onto your good weapons longer, you'll find that you're able to go further thanks to those good weapons. It seems kind of obvious, but bosses are probably 10x easier if you've got an M2, L2, or C2 compared to the piddling pea shooter. Keep at it!:D

okay, still working on the challenges, have 28/40. can someone give me a hint on low ammo 1? I get to the boat boss but don't have enough ammo to kill it. how do i get past that? does it go away if i just wait for a while?

[quote name='banpeikun']okay, still working on the challenges, have 28/40. can someone give me a hint on low ammo 1? I get to the boat boss but don't have enough ammo to kill it. how do i get past that? does it go away if i just wait for a while?[/QUOTE]

There's a particular weapon you need to use, which does high damage at little ammo cost.

C1

bread's done
Back