Cop tazes ten year-old girl.

Should've told the mom, tough shit... You're the one that had the kid. Deal with it. My predictable guess is the mother is a kid too. Where the fuck is the father too? Oh... Arkansas.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']e·lec·tro·cute (
ibreve.gif
-l
ebreve.gif
k
prime.gif
tr
schwa.gif
-ky
oomacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
)
tr.v. e·lec·tro·cut·ed, e·lec·tro·cut·ing, e·lec·tro·cutes 1. To kill with electricity: a worker who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire.
2. To execute (a condemned prisoner) by means of electricity

So electrocution would not be the correct word.[/QUOTE]

And when you edit a post within a few mins it doesn't indicate it at the bottom.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']If the Tazer is used as directed (as it was in this situation) it is in no way lethal, as I stated before. There are no deaths where the tazer was a primary cause. If you say the lethality is how you use it, well no shit. The lethality of water is in how you use it. Same with a pencil. If you taze a person for 30 minutes, I'm sure it could be lethal. In this instance it was a brief drive stun, which as I said before, limits the tazer's pain to about a 1 1/2" in line.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yet some things are more easily lethal and shouldn't be used when unnecessary. Gun vs. pencil, for instance. Or gun vs. water.

EDIT: And saying that the taser isn't the primary cause is a bit of a cop-out, don't you think? There apparently have been some primary-cause deaths related to tasers, though not that many, but regardless saying it isn't the primary cause doesn't mean it can't kill you, it just won't kill you unless there's a secondary factor. Which could be some heart condition that a kid has that a cop shocks/electrifies with a taser and then they die, which would have been avoided if the cop just grabbed the kid instead...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpazX']And when you edit a post within a few mins it doesn't indicate it at the bottom.

Yes, yet some things are more easily lethal and shouldn't be used when unnecessary. Gun vs. pencil, for instance. Or gun vs. water.[/QUOTE]
Sorry didn't see your edit.

Again, it's all in how you use them. A gun is obviously lethal. A tazer is used as a non-lethal alternative. It's main purpose is to prevent injuries to a suspect and officers when the situation is likely to get worse.

Again, I'm not sure what measures the mother took as punishment for the child, but needless to say she should have been the one controlling the situation before the cop got there.

I think the use of the Tazer in this situation is in the gray area, and I can't say whether or not it was justified because I wasn't there. But as it seems from the article, the child stopped her aggressive actions. The alternative would be to go hands-on with the child (which the officer got kicked in the nuts trying to do) and the child probably would have continued acting up the entire way to the JDC. As someone else mentioned, I don't think it's hard to imagine the child injuring herself by fighting, doing permanent damage to her wrists while in handcuffs, hurting her fists/wrists/feet/ankles on whatever she kicks. But when she was tazed she stopped being aggressive thus reducing the chance of her harming herself or anyone else.

[quote name='perdition(troy']only if you post a vid of it.[/QUOTE]

Sweet.

My son's future is looking brighter every day. When he is screaming at me during bath time, I can just taze him ever so slightly instead of a light tap on his wet ass.

When Caitlyn backtalks, I can just taze her instead of taking away her TV for a week or sticking her in time out for a while.

Thank you, police.

[quote name='SpazX']And when you edit a post within a few mins it doesn't indicate it at the bottom.

Yes, yet some things are more easily lethal and shouldn't be used when unnecessary. Gun vs. pencil, for instance. Or gun vs. water.

EDIT: And saying that the taser isn't the primary cause is a bit of a cop-out, don't you think? There apparently have been some primary-cause deaths related to tasers, though not that many, but regardless saying it isn't the primary cause doesn't mean it can't kill you, it just won't kill you unless there's a secondary factor. Which could be some heart condition that a kid has that a cop shocks/electrifies with a taser and then they die, which would have been avoided if the cop just grabbed the kid instead...[/QUOTE]
In reference to the Primary Cause of death thing...

I don't know exact statistics, but suffice it to say most of the deaths the Taser has been related to, the suspects were very close to death due to bad mixtures of drugs and alcohol. (I don't think there are any cases where it was because of a medical heart condition mixed with Taser and those were the only two factors involved) It's almost always someone is extremely hyped up on some drugs and if the Taser was any contributing cause at all, it was basically the straw that broke the camels back.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Sweet.

My son's future is looking brighter every day. When he is screaming at me during bath time, I can just taze him ever so slightly instead of a light tap on his wet ass.

When Caitlyn backtalks, I can just taze her instead of taking away her TV for a week or sticking her in time out for a while.

Thank you, police.[/QUOTE]
I've heard the police models can only last up to a 5-second Tase (that can easily be shut off before the 5-second mark), but the civilian models go to 30-seconds.

You guys are hilarious. We have gone from what was a small jolt to calm the girl down to debating if it could have killed her.

Honesty? You would think the guy had a cattle prod to her neck.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Should've told the mom, tough shit... You're the one that had the kid. Deal with it. My predictable guess is the mother is a kid too. Where the fuck is the father too? Oh... Arkansas.[/QUOTE]

hell fire son if theyre in arkansas the dad was probably at the bar trying to come up with reasons to go home and not run away lol. in this day and age though its hard to punish kids without someone putting their opinion in. i wonder if the mom had a prior incident of child abuse on her which could be why shed call the cops instead of beating that kids ass until the sandman came to take her away.

[quote name='SpazX']I'd think 2 adults could subdue a 10-year-old without electrocuting her. If she had a weapon or something then maybe, but just hold her down and cuff her or some shit if that's what you're going for.

Tasers are just way way too easily pulled. They've gotta get a handle on those things.[/QUOTE]

i dont think they could a figure out a way to subdue her...

too bad they couldn't call you so you could have a calm, rational discussion with an irrational 10 yo child and persuade her to act appropriately with your deft linguistic skills .... j/p

[quote name='billyrox']i dont think they could a figure out a way to subdue her...

too bad they couldn't call you so you could have a calm, rational discussion with an irrational 10 yo child and persuade her to act appropriately with your deft linguistic skills .... j/p[/QUOTE]

A discussion? I said to grab her. I just don't think a 65lb 10 year old girl is impossible to handcuff and put into a car without delivering electrical shocks to her. Perhaps it was 65lbs of pure muscle.

[quote name='shieryda']There must be more to this story. Why would the kid be taken away from her mom? Typically, don't kids who kill someone get sent to juvie?

Also, I'm glad I never went to a school that allowed paddling.[/QUOTE]

Any child arrested anywhere is usually housed in a juvenile facility. Except in rare cases where one is not available i.e. rural communities. If one is not available they can be taken to county lock up and held in a separate area of the jail and are not to have any contact with adult offenders. Also it is a pain in the ass to arrest a child because the officer has to sit with the child until they are either pick up or processed into a juvenile facility.

Also for the people who say why did the cop just grab the kid. Believe it or a 10 yo kid can hurt someone. Unlike an adult you cant just slam them down and handcuff them. And I'm not saying the kid is some karate master but a kid kicking and screaming is not easy to handle. She had already kicked him in the groin. Which can be a debilitating to male officers and if an adult had done the same thing the result would of been a lot different than this.

And for the people who are whining about tasers being soo lethal 98% of people who died in car crashes wore their seat belt. So do me a favor don't wear your seat belt any more. I wouldn't want you to die.

[quote name='shieryda']Should have used pepper spray.

I'm kidding, of course.
[/QUOTE]

They do in Flint. A couple years ago, cops sprayed the shit out of some kids at Chuck E Cheese after some bikers got into a chair throwing fight. The cops were there the night before breaking up a brawl between some black chicks, so this time they just said "fuck it" and sprayed everybody's ass.

someone should teach that mom some mma moves that way she can submit her kid or at the very least use a sleeper hold on her.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They do in Flint. A couple years ago, cops sprayed the shit out of some kids at Chuck E Cheese after some bikers got into a chair throwing fight. The cops were there the night before breaking up a brawl between some black chicks, so this time they just said "fuck it" and sprayed everybody's ass.[/QUOTE]
That's fucking stupid. Spray everybody. That's a real solution. Dumbasses should have lost their badges.

They didn't directly spray the kids. They just maced the adults primarily, but that shit leaves a mist in the air.

I think it's time to get rid of tazers though. It boggles my mind that you can't hit somebody with a nightstick without the entire country getting enraged, but it's okay to electrocute the fuck out of somebody. Tazers should only be reserved for 7'5" madmen high on PCP. Otherwise it should be kept locked up in the car.

[quote name='SpazX']A discussion? I said to grab her. I just don't think a 65lb 10 year old girl is impossible to handcuff and put into a car without delivering electrical shocks to her. Perhaps it was 65lbs of pure muscle.[/QUOTE]

It's not as easy as you think to safely restrain and cuff a person thats throwing a fit like that, I have seen many people break and dislocate arms/shoulders while being restrained. Then the lawsuits would follow anlong with all the "our children are precious" freaks. I personally think the cop should have curb stomped that brat, tazed the mom (since it was her idea) and sodomized the father with his nightstick for being a pussy, but thats just me.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They didn't directly spray the kids. They just maced the adults primarily, but that shit leaves a mist in the air.

I think it's time to get rid of tazers though. It boggles my mind that you can't hit somebody with a nightstick without the entire country getting enraged, but it's okay to electrocute the fuck out of somebody. Tazers should only be reserved for 7'5" madmen high on PCP. Otherwise it should be kept locked up in the car.[/QUOTE]
That's a terrible idea. Tasers are an excellent tool if used correctly, which prevent a lot of injuries to offenders and cops alike. They are one of the most widely misunderstood cop-tools ever.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']That's a terrible idea. Tasers are an excellent tool if used correctly, which prevent a lot of injuries to offenders and cops alike. They are one of the most widely misunderstood cop-tools ever.[/QUOTE]

Giving somebody an electric shock is never an excellent idea. It's downright cruel and unusual. I've been shocked real bad before. You think that's an excellent idea? You think feeling your muscles convulse unnaturally is an excellent idea? You think making somebody think that they're going to die because the pain is so great and the fear is so strong shortly before they're debilitated is an excellent idea? FUCK YOU.

I don't give two shits if the cop got kicked in the nuts by a little girl while she was complaining about going to bed. He signed up for crazy shit when he signed up to be a cop. You man up or you're not fit for the job. You don't turn to a tazer every time you're faced with a challenge. That's like turning to the god mode code in a video game. It's the easy way out.

Getting hit in the nuts isn't even that painful. I've been hit in the nuts twice by hockey pucks while playing (without a cup, even), and you know what I did? I manned up and kept on playing.

This story is just ridiculous. This cop should lose his badge for being a terminal douchebag.

We're two steps away from it being acceptable for cops to just taze everybody they think is doing something wrong because it's an absolutely wonderful idea, not possibly lethal, and certainly not cruel and unusual. A couple decades later, and we'll have China's execution vans prowling the neighborhood.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Giving somebody an electric shock is never an excellent idea. It's downright cruel and unusual. I've been shocked real bad before. You think that's an excellent idea? You think feeling your muscles convulse unnaturally is an excellent idea? You think making somebody think that they're going to die because the pain is so great and the fear is so strong shortly before they're debilitated is an excellent idea? FUCK YOU.

I don't give two shits if the cop got kicked in the nuts by a little girl while she was complaining about going to bed. He signed up for crazy shit when he signed up to be a cop. You man up or you're not fit for the job. You don't turn to a tazer every time you're faced with a challenge. That's like turning to the god mode code in a video game. It's the easy way out.

Getting hit in the nuts isn't even that painful. I've been hit in the nuts twice by hockey pucks while playing (without a cup, even), and you know what I did? I manned up and kept on playing.

This story is just ridiculous. This cop should lose his badge for being a terminal douchebag.

We're two steps away from it being acceptable for cops to just taze everybody they think is doing something wrong because it's an absolutely wonderful idea, not possibly lethal, and certainly not cruel and unusual. A couple decades later, and we'll have China's execution vans prowling the neighborhood.[/QUOTE]
Wow, talk about overreacting...

#1 I didn't say it was justified in this case

#2 If you have a choice between a cop physically fighting someone and possibly breaking bones, definitely injuring someone OR delivering a 5-second shock to someone thus preventing any possible injuries, which would you choose? If you think it's better for people to fist fight, you're an idiot.

[quote name='gindias']It's not as easy as you think to safely restrain and cuff a person thats throwing a fit like that, I have seen many people break and dislocate arms/shoulders while being restrained. Then the lawsuits would follow anlong with all the "our children are precious" freaks.[/QUOTE]

And no lawsuit for tasering a kid? A cop can possibly face a lawsuit for just about everything they do to stop someone, so I don't think it's really reasonable to use that as a reason for tasering.

Restraining an adult may be a bitch, for 2 adults to restrain a 65lb girl, no I don't think it's really that much of a problem unless she has a weapon or she's on some crazy fucking drugs. In this case they were apparently walking through the house for a while trying to get the kid to take her bath before he tried to cuff her. I think the cop got kicked in the nuts and just said "fuck it" and shocked her so it would be easier.

I just think tasers shouldn't be used to make things that are manageable easier, but to prevent real harm, especially to the cops, from another resisting adult. That's my point. A kick in the nuts from a 10-year-old girl doesn't really justify it, IMO.

[quote name='gindias']I personally think the cop should have curb stomped that brat, tazed the mom (since it was her idea) and sodomized the father with his nightstick for being a pussy, but thats just me.[/QUOTE]

Well aren't you just a delight?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Wow, talk about overreacting...

#1 I didn't say it was justified in this case

#2 If you have a choice between a cop physically fighting someone and possibly breaking bones, definitely injuring someone OR delivering a 5-second shock to someone thus preventing any possible injuries, which would you choose? If you think it's better for people to fist fight, you're an idiot.[/QUOTE]

A fist fight isn't unusual. Take it too far, and it can be cruel, but that's the line you've got to walk.

Violently shocking somebody with electricity is cruel and unusual. You just shouldn't do that. It's electricity, and it's fucking scary. I work with it every day, and I know how to respect it. Tazers are a complete disrespect for electricity.

[quote name='Chuplayer']A fist fight isn't unusual. Take it too far, and it can be cruel, but that's the line you've got to walk.

Violently shocking somebody with electricity is cruel and unusual. You just shouldn't do that. It's electricity, and it's fucking scary. I work with it every day, and I know how to respect it. Tazers are a complete disrespect for electricity.[/QUOTE]
Ok, you seem to have an extreme fear of electricity that's fueling most of your responses. Not unreasonable, especially if you work with it. I can imagine someone working with electricity has the potential to see some pretty nasty shit happen with it.

However, as someone that works with electricity you should know that it's not necessarily the voltage that kills you, it's the amps. A standard 110 volt household outlet is 16amps. In comparison a Christmas tree bulb has 1.0 amps. The taser has only .003 amps. MUCH different than the electricity I'm assuming you work with on a day to day basis. (I apologize if my assumption is wrong)

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Ok, you seem to have an extreme fear of electricity that's fueling most of your responses. Not unreasonable, especially if you work with it. I can imagine someone working with electricity has the potential to see some pretty nasty shit happen with it.

However, as someone that works with electricity you should know that it's not necessarily the voltage that kills you, it's the amps. A standard 110 volt household outlet is 16amps. In comparison a Christmas tree bulb has 1.0 amps. The taser has only .003 amps. MUCH different than the electricity I'm assuming you work with on a day to day basis. (I apologize if my assumption is wrong)[/QUOTE]

I know the capabilities of tazers. That doesn't change the fear. That's the cruel and unusual part. It's still a grotesque method of using electricity to incapacitate people way too easily.

It's also a very slippery slope. Just because it's supposedly nonlethal, it opens the doors to all sorts of stupid stuff. Remember child leashes? Maybe they're still around. Anyway, imagine electric child leashes. That's not even considering what cops will be able to do without consequence.

The two of you stop bickering before I call the cops to tazer the both of you.

F it, tazer everyone in the forum. Kids included.

[quote name='Chuplayer']It's also a very slippery slope. Just because it's supposedly nonlethal, it opens the doors to all sorts of stupid stuff. Remember child leashes? Maybe they're still around.[/QUOTE]

They are, I'm sure, and they aren't dumb. I wore one, and I guarantee my mom wishes they'd made them in bigger sizes for when I got older. I was constantly lost as a child. Constantly. Not only is it scary for both child and parent, I'm pretty damn lucky I was never kidnapped considering it sometimes took me hours to find my folks again- or teachers, for that matter. Got lost on a school field trip once.

Eletric child leashes would be impractical- too much opportunity for shorting out in the rain, accidental button pushing, siblings being mean, etc. A seperate taser is much safer. (I am purposefully staying out of the argument of whether or not it's OK to tase a child.)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']They are, I'm sure, and they aren't dumb. I wore one, and I guarantee my mom wishes they'd made them in bigger sizes for when I got older. I was constantly lost as a child. Constantly. Not only is it scary for both child and parent, I'm pretty damn lucky I was never kidnapped considering it sometimes took me hours to find my folks again- or teachers, for that matter. Got lost on a school field trip once.[/quote]

This makes me sad. Very sad.

Eletric child leashes would be impractical- too much opportunity for shorting out in the rain, accidental button pushing, siblings being mean, etc. A seperate taser is much safer. (I am purposefully staying out of the argument of whether or not it's OK to tase a child.)

This makes me sad, too.

I don't know what to say. Seriously. Something about them being dumb, the state of society, think of the children being a bad argument, whatever. I'm at a loss.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I know the capabilities of tazers. That doesn't change the fear. That's the cruel and unusual part. It's still a grotesque method of using electricity to incapacitate people way too easily.

It's also a very slippery slope. Just because it's supposedly nonlethal, it opens the doors to all sorts of stupid stuff. Remember child leashes? Maybe they're still around. Anyway, imagine electric child leashes. That's not even considering what cops will be able to do without consequence.[/QUOTE]
I understand you have a fear of electricity, but I still don't understand why you think it's a better idea for a cop to have to tackle someone and risk injuring them rather than a 5-second stun that doesn't risk injury.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I understand you have a fear of electricity, but I still don't understand why you think it's a better idea for a cop to have to tackle someone and risk injuring them rather than a 5-second stun that doesn't risk injury.[/QUOTE]

Because using electricity against somebody is bullshit.

Next time they tell that little girl they are going to call the police she will probably pee herself.

Stupid mothera who can't control their 10 year old kid should be tazered on a daily basis...

Age aside, bottom line is if you don't act like a jackass your chance of getting an ass whipping or tazed is greatly reduced and this becomes moot.

I think its funny that when tazers came out cops were like we are going to get these cause they are less lethal and we wont have to kill people. Now they taze old people and kids. Whatever happened to just a good wacking with the night stick?

Here is how to get your kid to go to bed.

Hey kayden james (my kid) you better get in that bed right now. If I hear another peep from you you are going to get (shh omg) a SPANKING!

peep

SMACK SMACK SMACK!!!

oh tear.

zzzz zzzz zzzz

good moring dadddy. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

They use them more on kids lately probably to avoid having to wrestle them down and break one of their arms or dislocate their shoulder and have their parents sue the shit out of them. A kid near me was killed by a tazer recently. He was only 5'6" and 140lbs. I think cops are only using tazers to avoid lawsuits. Funny thing is the parents of the kid above are suing, and will probably win more than a "my arm got twisted by the po-po" lawsuit.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Age aside, bottom line is if you don't act like a jackass your chance of getting an ass whipping or tazed is greatly reduced and this becomes moot.[/QUOTE]

The one problem I see with your argument is that you seem to think kids are reasonable beings who are completely accountable for their actions. I agree 100% that a child SHOULD be well-behaved, but the fact that it was necessary for the mother to call the police for help really speaks more to the mother's problems than it does the child's. Many parenting methods that others have pointed out are great, and should work on child that has been raised with an ounce of respect.

My problem with a cop having to come in and subdue the child with electricity is due to the fact that it's more the parent's fault that the child wouldn't listen. Based on the way the child was acting, it may have been absolutely necessary to taze her, but it SHOULDN'T have been necessary. The fact is, that kid's parents failed her. You're talking about a kid who has no respect for her parents, no fear even.

I see this with kids all the time these days. They talk back to their parents. They disobey. They generally have no fear of consequences. I know when I was growing up, even when I didn't want to do something, there was just "that line" that you didn't cross. Occasionally, you stuck a toe over that line, and damn did you learn your lesson. Some parents today are too lazy to take the time to establish that boundary for their children.

Look at this little girl. She doesn't even know to take a police officer seriously. I have no doubt that if the cop had pulled his gun on her, she would have laughed. There's just no recognition of authority. I know, we've seen lots of examples of "evil children" lately, but behind that guise is lazy parenting. Calling in the police to make your child go to bed only furthers this trend.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I think its funny that when tazers came out cops were like we are going to get these cause they are less lethal and we wont have to kill people. Now they taze old people and kids. Whatever happened to just a good wacking with the night stick?

Here is how to get your kid to go to bed.

Hey kayden james (my kid) you better get in that bed right now. If I hear another peep from you you are going to get (shh omg) a SPANKING!

peep

SMACK SMACK SMACK!!!

oh tear.

zzzz zzzz zzzz

good moring dadddy. I LOVE YOU!!!!![/QUOTE]

I....I....I don't think you should procreate.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']My point being a good spanking would have handled the situation just fine.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But somehow, over the years, through all the child abuse cases and Super Nanny shows, spanking became synonymous with slapping a kid across the face. I think that's where people's confusion is coming from. A definite distinction has to be made. Anyone who tells you spanking a kid on the ass with your hand 2-3 times makes them grow up to be a violent adult is an idiot. Paying no attention to what your child does and allowing the television to raise them is a far worse fate.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Because using electricity against somebody is bullshit.[/QUOTE]
People resisting the police in the first place is bullshit, and could have been preventd in 99% of the cases with good parenting.

Having to fight anyone with your fists is bullshit. Cops having to pepper spray someone is bullshit. Cops having to beat someone with nightstick is bullshit. Cops having to shoot someone is bullshit.

Again, a taser is much safer than a cop having to go hands on with someone.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Because using electricity against somebody is bullshit.[/QUOTE]
A bullet to the brain is a much better solution.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']People resisting the police in the first place is bullshit, and could have been preventd in 99% of the cases with good parenting.[/quote]

This was a kid who didn't want to go to bed, and the cop had no business handling this situation in the first place, and the cop just needed to not be a douche.

Having to fight anyone with your fists is bullshit. Cops having to pepper spray someone is bullshit. Cops having to beat someone with nightstick is bullshit. Cops having to shoot someone is bullshit.

No, no, no, and no. At least not when it's justified.

Again, a taser is much safer than a cop having to go hands on with someone.

Except for when the tazer kills somebody, and that's not even my point. It's a perversion of electricity.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Get real.[/QUOTE]
I would ask you to do the same, as you're acting like the use of a taser is the end of humanity when in reality it's a much better solution than the alternatives in a given situation.

Honestly, the mom was probably afraid to touch her child for fear of being accused of 'abuse'. Seriously, she grabs her daughter by the wrist and leaves a bruise or red mark, then the next day, some 'concerned' teacher calls the damn cops. Maybe if they didn't have all these ridiculous damn laws, she probably would have never called the cops in the first place.

But still, I wouldn't electrocute a damn 10 year old. Regardless of how 'safe' they are, you still don't know if someone that small could be seriously injured by that.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Honestly, the mom was probably afraid to touch her child for fear of being accused of 'abuse'. Seriously, she grabs her daughter by the wrist and leaves a bruise or red mark, then the next day, some 'concerned' teacher calls the damn cops. Maybe if they didn't have all these ridiculous damn laws, she probably would have never called the cops in the first place.

But still, I wouldn't electrocute a damn 10 year old. Regardless of how 'safe' they are, you still don't know if someone that small could be seriously injured by that.[/QUOTE]

Ehh...I get what you're saying, but it's kind of a cop out. Shitty parents don't exist because there are laws preventing them from being good parents. It just takes effort.

bread's done
Back