Crackdown - Gen. Discussion & Info

Well thanks for the warm welcome! I still love the Wii but as a big Rock Band/Guitar Hero player when I found out about the cross-compatibility of the instruments (plus the price drop) I went ahead and grabbed a Pro system and I am very happy I did.

I picked up (through various deals from CAG of course) Orange Box, GTA IV, Crackdown, Gears of War, Bioshock, Dead Rising, and Rock Band 2 - so I'm going to be a very busy boy :bouncy:

I'll have to pass on the sequel. I enjoyed the first one ok, it's the only one of these open world games I've actually beaten (though to be fair it's much shorter than say GTA IV), but they're still just not my cup of tea overall. Once the thrill of leaping from rooftops wore off, the game got pretty repetitive and tedious for me.

[quote name='PhoenixT']I had thought I read in Game Informer that microsoft turned down Crackdown 2. Methinks I should reread the article.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft wants a sequel, but they waited too long to ask and APB was already in development.

Hmmm, nice to see this topic getting some attention. This game is frickin great. If any of you are down for some co-op you should add me as I'd be willing to play this anytime.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Once the thrill of leaping from rooftops wore off, the game got pretty repetitive and tedious for me.[/quote]

That thrill never wore off for me. :D

Franky Sox... by the time i was ready to join your game in progress... you were offline... i have yet to beat all the mexicans.... but i like to screw around with the russians and chinese to pass the time... so shoot me an invite if you see me online

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Still missing one freakin' orb. Damn it.[/quote]

Trust me, I know what you're going through. It took me forever to find that last damn orb. The feeling of euphoria that washes over you is well worth it, however. Just hang in there.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Still missing one freakin' orb. Damn it.[/QUOTE]

1 orb is all I'm missing to be 100% done with this game. I have 1200/1250 Achievement points. Annoying as hell.

Yikes, that is one awesome game. Just beat it. Had fun almost the whole way through-honestly it was almost as fun as my wildest hopes for it... and what a

wicked, evil ending that was :D

Fun fun fun. So is that really it? No more story? I immediately
swam to The Agency island and started killing anyone and everyone in site, hoping I could make my way up that tower and take someone down. Doesn't seem to be any more story though and I can't seem to reach the very top of the tower (with 4-star agility).

So where's the sequel already? :D That was the first GTA style game I've loved.

(And I continue to be shocked by the people back in '07 or whenever who bout it for Halo 3's beta and bashed Crackdown. It's like I still have no real interest in playing Halo 3, and Crackdown is easily one of the highlights of this generation so far.)

I believe that's it. Crackdown IS the most underrated game on the 360. I don't care what anyone says, it offers a thoroughly enjoyable experience, spread over 10's of hours, and overall, the game is fun. With co-op and DLC, there are even more fun times to be had. I believe Major Nelson recently said he wants a sequel, no doubt one is in the works or at least in planning stages. It's too bad it was overshadowed by the Halo 3 beta :whistle2:(

Never mind about the tower, I got to the top :D

I guess I'm quiting, and pretending that

I've broken in an office and taken out the Big Bad of the Agency :D

Super good game. This is how nitpicky I have to get to find a problem-I didn't find much use for cars. Traveling over rooftops was faster, easier, and more fun for me. But I never got to see the highest level cars. That's honestly the worst thing I can think of about it :D

it's not coming for a while. Realtime worlds started working on a different project before microsoft contacted them about a sequel.

Yeah, I thought I'd read about some game they're doing. Is it some MMO? I probably won't care about that.

It wouldn't need to be a Crackdown sequel, but I'd like for them to return to the super hero idea. So fun. I'd say maybe I like this second best after Mass Effect on the 360?

Hee hee. I love that I can see some criminal, run up to their pimped out car, pick the whole damn thing up, with them in it, run over to the ocean, and fling it hundreds of feet out :p

Hell yeah.

Guess I should start Lost next, since the show starts soon. I can't wait, so I've been putting it off a couple of years to save it. Not sure which version to play though.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Never mind about the tower, I got to the top :D

I guess I'm quiting, and pretending that

I've broken in an office and taken out the Big Bad of the Agency :D

Super good game. This is how nitpicky I have to get to find a problem-I didn't find much use for cars. Traveling over rooftops was faster, easier, and more fun for me. But I never got to see the highest level cars. That's honestly the worst thing I can think of about it :D[/QUOTE]

The agency cars were the shit, only being topped by the downloadiable content tank with a turret. Yeah you could jump but its fun as hell to have a maxed out Agency supercar with machine guns mounted going 200 mph making every car it hits go flying. The tank is a complete rip off the one from Aliens but that is what makes it cool, co-oping with it one person controls the steering while the other controls the turret .

Yah, Good game. Got it when BBV had the b1g1. So I picked up Crackdown. Also I believe they are working on a Cops and Robbers type MMO Game called APB? (Correct me if im wrong, Can't remember the name) But I will be buying Crackdown 2 when it does get released.

Still easily in my top 3 360 games. I don't care what they do as a follow-up as long as it's something similar...APB, Crackdown 2, whatever. Just give it to me.

That's it. I was actually pretty sick of it by the time I beat it and had no desire to bother with time trials or any of that jazz.

Not much of a fan of GTA-style games, so it didn't blow me away after the thrill of jumping over buildings wore off. It was worth playing, but I won't be buying the sequel.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Hee hee. I love that I can see some criminal, run up to their pimped out car, pick the whole damn thing up, with them in it, run over to the ocean, and fling it hundreds of feet out :p

Hell yeah.

Guess I should start Lost next, since the show starts soon. I can't wait, so I've been putting it off a couple of years to save it. Not sure which version to play though.[/QUOTE]

You can finish in 6 hours. Start it the morning of the premiere, and you'll be done by show time.

[quote name='klwillis45']I like Crackdown better than any GTA or any other GTA-like game I've played.

Yeah, I said it. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, same here. No comparison. I don't like playing a bad guy, and on top of that Crackdown's "on foot" controls are really good, even though you have super powers. All the other GTA-esque games the "on foot" controls are pretty terrible, even though you're just a guy with a gun, so they should be easier to get right.

This sucker's a real selling point for the 360 IMO. Really great exclusive...and even in this thread we've got a "Halo beta" guy. I...don't get it, not that there's anything wrong with that :D

Started playing this a few days ago. Wiped out Los Muertos. Quite a spike in difficulty when you get to The Den, but I'm enjoying it even more now (rocket launcher fired from the rooftops never gets old). Hell, just exploring the rooftops looking for those agility orbs is a lot of fun.

I still need to sit down and play this game sometime, so if anyone's up for co-op with a newb feel free to shoot me a friends request.

hey aku, sent you a request. I'm down for some co-op, haven't touched the game much and definitely want to beat it before 2 comes out haha

OMG I found another green orb and I am 2 away from the whole 500! How the hell do I get to this one though!?

I bet the last one after that is in this area as well since its the tallest buildings and whatnot. Found a few hidden orbs as well, need around 10 of those.

[quote name='Spybreak8']OMG I found another green orb and I am 2 away from the whole 500! How the hell do I get to this one though!?

I bet the last one after that is in this area as well since its the tallest buildings and whatnot. Found a few hidden orbs as well, need around 10 of those.[/QUOTE]

man, i got all the green orbs, and i cant remember how i got that one, ill go check it out in the morning and see if i can remember how to get on that building, if i figure it out ill let you know

I think you get it by climbing up the inside? I really can't remember because it's been so long since I played it, but it looks like there's a hole in the top of the dome.

You have to jump and grab on the sides of that ball. Its somewhat difficult, but thats the only way to get it. Try to grab a bar thats on the outside of the ball.

[quote name='The 7th Number']You have to jump and grab on the sides of that ball. Its somewhat difficult, but thats the only way to get it. Try to grab a bar thats on the outside of the ball.[/QUOTE]

Oh good, I was hoping someone wouldn't say you can get it using the trick with the agency's SUV vehicle. I can't time it right to even go 20 floors up on buildings. :cry:

Just beat the game, interesting twist in the plot. Might be a while before I fire it back up again for some orb hunting, I have about 25 agility orbs left and a little over half of the hidden ones to find.

Ok I got that last one I have the pic of and now I'm officially in the 499/500 orbs club. >< Lol got 6 hidden orbs left as well. You know its just so much fun jumping like Hulk that I don't mind scouring these rooftops!

bread's done
Back