Crackdown - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yea I actually already have that map which I used a while ago. I was just fooling around doing a stockpile run on the first island when I heard the orb sound. I frooze, doubled back, lost the sound, went back and forth then tried elevation change. It was 8 feet off the ground! *smacks forehead* For christs sake I was looking at all the highest points in the game haha but I'm glad I finally found them all!

I sent an email to Realtime Worlds yesterday, requesting a patch to enable Crackdown to be installed and played from the hard drive. Crackdown is coming as one of the full 360 download games (at least according to MS's E3 picture).

This means that they have fixed/removed whatever was preventing it from working before (probably the Halo 3 beta). In the software domain, almost anything is possible...If hackers and pirates can break DRM before a game even hits the shelves, then surely the developer of a game can figure out how to fix their own product.

If the problem is outside their control, then MS should easily be able to fix the problem, seeing as they have complete control of the platform and OS software.

I have held off playing Crackdown, because it won't install. I can't stand the drive noise, and I like keeping my 360 as cool as possible to prevent RROD and wearing out of the dvd drive.

I'm not going to pay $20 or $30 for a digital download of Crackdown, when the new service rolls out in August. I've already bought the game once...

If you agree with me, please send Realtime Worlds an email requesting a fix/patch to enable this game to install to the HDD.

http://www.realtimeworlds.com/contact/

I am definitely going to get this game off Goozex for the lowest price of 100 points. I'm playing inFamous and every podcast I listen to refers to Crackdown. I am disappointed to hear about the lack of HD installation but, oh well.

Easily one of the best games on 360. My final 3-4 hidden orbs were
all in the underground caves on the beach near Alvarez
. It took me forever to get the orb achievements. Still play from time to time, and still need to wipe out the Volk in co-op.

While playing GTAIV I nearly had a godawful heart-breaking moment once I realized there might be some pigeon out there...and I had no flipping idea where. Even after using a walk-through.

Any tips for the orbs in this game? About to start.

what helped me out was watching a youtube walkthrough of it and following the same pathway the youtube video was going for the orbs.

I think for me it was a bit of luck along with all the hours of enjoyment with this game. The biggest thing though is that orbs have an audio clue, usually wear headphones when I game at night, so if you're close they let you know, more so than freakin' pigeons. Plus you have a bit more freedom in Crackdown than you do in GTAIV.

Okay, stupid question time. I just started playing this again, and I'm pretty sure I have 1 hidden orb left to find. But where is the statistics screen that tells me this? #-o

Edit: Maybe there isn't a status screen, and I can only see how many I have left when I find one? I found a couple and I now have 7 left.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has inspired me to go back and find some orbs....and to cause general mayhem. Loved this game, been a while since I played it.

Honestly my least favorite part of the game is just that you can't install it to the hard drive.

I'm playing Mercenaries 2 right now, and it's a lot of fun too. (Dumb MMOS website won't update my card right...)

[quote name='CokeCola']Okay, stupid question time. I just started playing this again, and I'm pretty sure I have 1 hidden orb left to find. But where is the statistics screen that tells me this? #-o

Edit: Maybe there isn't a status screen, and I can only see how many I have left when I find one? I found a couple and I now have 7 left.[/QUOTE]

Lol, what do you think this is GTAIV?!;)

Just beat the game earlier today and I have to say I don't know why I didn't play this earlier as soon as I got a 360. One of the funnest experiences I've had this generation.

The game company I worked for last year spent a lot of time trying to get Crackdown 2. I'm glad they didn't get it, and I'm glad it's being worked on by the original team.

Dam, I bought it for $24 at EBGames, and it was used. The game was good while it lasted, but the missions start to get boring after you defeat most of the bad guys. I still don't like the camera though.

Unfortunately, I have to replace a game that I misplaced, and the owner specified it not be platinum hits. Does anyone know which version Newegg is shipping? Again, thanks.

[quote name='donutman123']Dam, I bought it for $24 at EBGames, and it was used. The game was good while it lasted, but the missions start to get boring after you defeat most of the bad guys. I still don't like the camera though.[/QUOTE]

Not recently I hope?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Unfortunately, I have to replace a game that I misplaced, and the owner specified it not be platinum hits. Does anyone know which version Newegg is shipping? Again, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I bought it maybe a month and half ago from Newegg and it was NOT the platinum hits version.

@majornelson: "The Crackdown team just told me that have a title update now on LIVE that will enable you to install Crackdown to your HDD."

I don't have my copy anymore but it's tempting to pick it up again (can find it easily under $10).

I wonder what the issue was with Crackdown? It's a testament to how good that game is that I had a blast with it even despite my Xbox screaming at me the whole time.

Hope the sequel's as good!

Me too. Hands down one of my fav 360 games to date.
Just next time they need didfferent gameplay to keep it fresh and maybe so new powers. Telekinesis or pyrokinesis would be sweet if they can intergrate it well.

Yeah, I'd love to feel like even more of a bad ass. I'm hoping I like Infamous too! (Bought it at launch, but it's in...the backlog of doom™)

I love Crackdown, one of my most fav 360 games, but I really didn't like inFamous for some reason. The story just didn't grab me like it did in Crackdown. You don't really feel as powerful.

I'm a bit worried about it. It LOOKED awesome in the demo, and was certainly fun, but it did seem like you were physically weak and died at the drop of a hat.

I also think it's funny how chain link fences are the Infamous guy's secret weakness :lol:

I can't believe that for over 2 years now, its only 1 HIDDEN ORB that is keeping me from getting all 1250 achievements for this game.

:cry:

Hee hee-I save myself the trouble and don't even try.

I finished the game, climbed to the top of the tower to see if I could...deal with the situation (you know what I mean :D ) and when I couldn't, quit playing.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I love Crackdown, one of my most fav 360 games, but I really didn't like inFamous for some reason. The story just didn't grab me like it did in Crackdown. You don't really feel as powerful.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should start over from scratch, and use an orb map to mark off the ones you get?

[quote name='SynGamer']@majornelson: "The Crackdown team just told me that have a title update now on LIVE that will enable you to install Crackdown to your HDD."

I don't have my copy anymore but it's tempting to pick it up again (can find it easily under $10).[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is great news although way too late for me since I've played the crap out of this game really.

[quote name='Viol8tor']I can't believe that for over 2 years now, its only 1 HIDDEN ORB that is keeping me from getting all 1250 achievements for this game.

:cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here. 1 Agility Orb keeping me from 1250.

Guys, it's a trap! Just play a different game :lol:

Oh thank goodness I don't force myself to do that, or I'd NEVER get through my games (and they're currently piled up on the floor it's so bad :lol: )

I had that same problem with my last agility orb. Luckily I found it on top of that damn golf ball looking sphere thing where the chick boss is in the SE part of Asiantown.

Its not very often I find myself beating a game, and wanting to start over and do it all again.

Bigger area to roam, more bosses...hands down one of my top faves.

bread's done
Back