Crackdown - Gen. Discussion & Info

Oh yeah - I'm bringing this one back!! I started it about a year ago but never got into it - now I'm going to try and finish it up. Over the last few days I've leveled up everything but driving and I took out the Volk leaving only the Shai Gen left. Achievements are kind of hard to come by though....

OK, is there any way to up my car driving stats quickly? I am having a hard time running over gang members since they all jump out of the way. I suck at the driving challenges too. I'm at 2 stars for that skill but I have 4 stars for everything else. I want to max out before I go take down the last 4 Shai Gen bosses.

[quote name='javeryh']OK, is there any way to up my car driving stats quickly? I am having a hard time running over gang members since they all jump out of the way. I suck at the driving challenges too. I'm at 2 stars for that skill but I have 4 stars for everything else. I want to max out before I go take down the last 4 Shai Gen bosses.[/quote]

Go to the beach and hit the ramps on the beach houses. Try to do stunts in the air too, that will help out alot.

[quote name='sp00ge']Go to the beach and hit the ramps on the beach houses. Try to do stunts in the air too, that will help out alot.[/quote]

Thanks - I'll give it a shot. This game is such mindless fun!

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks - I'll give it a shot. This game is such mindless fun![/quote]

Yeah, it is. I've got a hankering to pop it in later, after Dora is over.

heh I did it by running over gang members I found it more fun to chase them down and squish them than do anything else really ^_^. I think I got drving to 4 before anything else. Never did get agility up to 4

What i did for the driving stats was drive to that circle building where Vitaliy Rzeznik is. Kept running over the guards that sit in there, then drive through both sides, leave, come back. Or get hit squads after you and drive over them right as they get out of their cars.

To boost your driving stats hit La Mugre island. Hop out, wipe out a bunch of gang members to get a hit squad to show up. Jump in your vehicle and squash them with glee.

I say La Mugre because their weapons are the weakest and will do a lot less damage to your car than the Volk or Shai Gen.

[quote name='Danil ACE']When is all of the DLC going to be free for this game? It's been quite some time since it came out...[/QUOTE]

Amen .

I'd bite at 400 points though .

Just got this game, pretty addicting finding orbs. I kind of...*gasp* like it more than GTA, which I could never really get into ( I'd get bored after a max of 10 hours...)

If I turn crime back on after finishing the game can I turn it off again at any time? Some achievements are better suited to completing without worrying about the gangs but obviously I need them for certain ones too...

love this game. beat it when it 1st came out. then i think i played it again like a month or so ago. i was addicted all over for hrs.

It's a shame that they never made the "Getting Busy" DLC free because with GTA coming out tomorrow at midnight, no one is going to bother with Crackdown.

[quote name='Danil ACE']It's a shame that they never made the "Getting Busy" DLC free because with GTA coming out tomorrow at midnight, no one is going to bother with Crackdown.[/quote]

The true shame is alot of the DLC they planned but obviously scrapped. If you look at old interviews the main guy over at realtime worlds wanted to add boats and a recording feature much like halo 3.

The way he said it sounded as if it was being worked on and coming or that could just be the person interpreting it a different way for the article :) Either way i think crackdowns stylized look will last a good long time.

[quote name='javeryh']If I turn crime back on after finishing the game can I turn it off again at any time? Some achievements are better suited to completing without worrying about the gangs but obviously I need them for certain ones too...[/quote]

Does anyone know the answer to this???

I want to play tonight and try to max out all the stats (I'm at 4 stars for everything except strength and agility which I've maxed out) but I don't want to turn crime on if I can't turn it off because I still have to do the rooftop races and other things which are probably easier without gang members trying to kill me...

[quote name='Danil ACE']It's a shame that they never made the "Getting Busy" DLC free because with GTA coming out tomorrow at midnight, no one is going to bother with Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

Eh, they're different enough. I see Crackdown as just as much of a Hulk Ultimate Destruction as I do GTA. I'll still pop it in once in a while.

Saint's Row, on the other hand, probably won't get much use after this week.

[quote name='javeryh']Does anyone know the answer to this???

I want to play tonight and try to max out all the stats (I'm at 4 stars for everything except strength and agility which I've maxed out) but I don't want to turn crime on if I can't turn it off because I still have to do the rooftop races and other things which are probably easier without gang members trying to kill me...[/QUOTE]

Once you turn 'em back on they are on until you kill them again. They used to have a "Crimes on/off" toggle before the update and DLC. For some reason it was removed and replaced with "Reset gangs" which is permanent until you go through the game again.

Do what you need to do before resetting gangs. Your life will be much easier.

[quote name='Corvin']Once you turn 'em back on they are on until you kill them again. They used to have a "Crimes on/off" toggle before the update and DLC. For some reason it was removed and replaced with "Reset gangs" which is permanent until you go through the game again.

Do what you need to do before resetting gangs. Your life will be much easier.[/quote]

Thanks. I guess I'm going to be doing some rooftop racing, some street racing and some stunts tonight... grrr...

Finally got around to playing this--picked it up off Goozex last month.

Having a freaking blast so far. Took an hour or so to get in the swing of thing, but now I'm having a blast running around, leaping from rooftops hunting for orbs etc. Definitely an addictive game.

Yep, this game was awesome. Killed many, many odd hours last year when I was moving and stuck in a hotel. It's still fun to just get a buddy and go online and goof around. Shame they couldn't make the multiplayer like GTA4.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Me too....i would really love to have another one.[/quote]

Yep. The downfall was bundling this with the Halo 3 beta. People assumed the game was crap and never gave it a fair chance. Once the beta was over, GS was flooded with copies.

Had they let it stand on it's own, the sales numbers may have been a bit less, but the actually fanbase would have been greater.

Yep. Definitely saddened by the lack of a sequel. Like spooge said, the bundling of the Halo beta was its downfall. AFAIK, MS owns the property though and can still move forward on a sequel without RT Worlds.

Beat this tonight.

Was decent, but it grew old/repetitive fast. I'd probably give it an 8.0. Had fun with it, but I was glad to beat it and have it over with and have no desire to max out the character or work on other achievements. But was still mostly enjoyable.

Full of odd glitches/random occurrences. On the last boss I'd died a few times on him, and then I just kicked all his minions off the ledge, ran around back to charge my shields before dealing with him, then I hear an explosion and next thing I know he's laying dead in the water below. Guess one of his guys on the ground nailed him with a rocket and he fell to his death or something (thouigh it wasn't much of a fall, just to the fountain in front of the ledge).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Beat this tonight.

Was decent, but it grew old/repetitive fast. I'd probably give it an 8.0. Had fun with it, but I was glad to beat it and have it over with and have no desire to max out the character or work on other achievements. But was still mostly enjoyable.

Full of odd glitches/random occurrences. On the last boss I'd died a few times on him, and then I just kicked all his minions off the ledge, ran around back to charge my shields before dealing with him, then I hear an explosion and next thing I know he's laying dead in the water below. Guess one of his guys on the ground nailed him with a rocket and he fell to his death or something (thouigh it wasn't much of a fall, just to the fountain in front of the ledge).[/quote]

Ive read that he will jump off and commit suicide if he gets the chance and his power is almost gone. However i have never seen this happen.

Isn't that APB game supposed to essentially be an online version of Crackdown? Or did I get my wires crossed somewhere and it's not like Crackdown?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ive read that he will jump off and commit suicide if he gets the chance and his power is almost gone. However i have never seen this happen.[/QUOTE]

I had barely hurt him, just kicked him once so I could run around back and recharge. Really sounded like one of the guys on the ground nailed him with a rocket or something.

I actually did that to the main boss of the 2nd gang, shot a rocket at his feet and it blew him off his platform and he fell to his death. :D

Im not going for the achievements but damn I love this game..it sucks that its short an all but as soon as I beat it, I turn around and start all over again.

Hey, I was playing Crackdown last night with my bro and I came across an insane glitch that I want to know if it is known and if so how did I do it?

I was basically invincible. Explosions wouldn't move me, bullets wouldnt hurt me, if a car drove into me the car would just flip over and explode, if I was driving a car it would not get damaged, and if I got into a car that was on fire the fire would be put out. Also wouldnt take fall damage.

It was pretty awesome I was like robocop. My bro could still get hurt like usual, but if he got in the passenger seat of my car my invincible powers kept him safe in my indestructible car. Basically kicked a bosses ass without leaving the car.

What sort of things should I have done with that crazy power?! Unless this is a common thing.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey, I was playing Crackdown last night with my bro and I came across an insane glitch that I want to know if it is known and if so how did I do it?

I was basically invincible. Explosions wouldn't move me, bullets wouldnt hurt me, if a car drove into me the car would just flip over and explode, if I was driving a car it would not get damaged, and if I got into a car that was on fire the fire would be put out. Also wouldnt take fall damage.

It was pretty awesome I was like robocop. My bro could still get hurt like usual, but if he got in the passenger seat of my car my invincible powers kept him safe in my indestructible car. Basically kicked a bosses ass without leaving the car.

What sort of things should I have done with that crazy power?! Unless this is a common thing.[/quote]

Ive never heard about this. Do you know how you ended up with those abilities? The only thing i saw was how to get under the world, which was pretty useless.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ive never heard about this. Do you know how you ended up with those abilities? The only thing i saw was how to get under the world, which was pretty useless.[/quote]

I'm not sure. I realized it about and hour or two after I became invincible. I think it was after a killed a boss and got 4 bars of health. Then I just thought everyone was really weak and couldn't hit me. Then my brother tried to kick me but couldnt and he couldn't blow me up. I just thought it was because I was the host or something. Then I stood infront of an npc shooting at me and nothing was happening... And started to piece things together.

In the latest issue of Game Informer in the Loose Talk section they mention that a sequel is in production with a different development team since Realtime Worlds is busy working on APB.

[quote name='TC']In the latest issue of Game Informer in the Loose Talk section they mention that a sequel is in production with a different development team since Realtime Worlds is busy working on APB.[/quote]

I hope its true...as long as they use the same engine and tweak in new features it can't go wrong.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Cool to see you branching out of the Wii forums. Welcome to the darkside (aka where the fun is). :lol: I added you to my XBL list.[/quote]

Agreed. Combat, Crackdown and GTA are going to keep you busy for a long time. I just got my 360 last Christmas and the achievements get extremely addicting. Shoot, I'm still playing GTA multiplayer for the last 85 points (which will still take another month to get).

bread's done
Back