Crackdown - Gen. Discussion & Info

i got my 3 flips with in the volk area near the agency entrance with the dune buggy. Driving torwards the entrance theres a giant rock pile with a pretty good ramp. I landed in the water and then got the acheivement.

[quote name='Layd Dly']i got my 3 flips with in the volk area near the agency entrance with the dune buggy. Driving torwards the entrance theres a giant rock pile with a pretty good ramp. I landed in the water and then got the acheivement.[/QUOTE]

same exact way I got mine.

As soon as you reach the exit from the agency tower to the volk area, take left past the little rock hill then go right up the hill. once you reach the top turn around and go down the hill. It takes some good driving to dodge all the vehicles but once you get to the bottom you will see the jump, yes you will land in the water, but you will also get the triple flip.

for the Repo Man achievement, do i need to hijack the 100 cars in one playing of the game? or can i do a little bit at a time? like not all in one day. just curious

[quote name='tsg2005']for the Repo Man achievement, do i need to hijack the 100 cars in one playing of the game? or can i do a little bit at a time? like not all in one day. just curious[/QUOTE]

Little at a time. That's how I got it.

[quote name='lilboo']Little at a time. That's how I got it.[/quote]Do you have to physically throw out the driver or passenger, or does taking over a car that has been left behind by gang members count?

Also, how the hell do you guys get that throwing an object xxx feet one? I can't even come close to it and my guy is all maxed out. Perhaps you used the basketball in the courtyard? I can't quite get that one.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Do you have to physically throw out the driver or passenger, or does taking over a car that has been left behind by gang members count?

Also, how the hell do you guys get that throwing an object xxx feet one? I can't even come close to it and my guy is all maxed out. Perhaps you used the basketball in the courtyard? I can't quite get that one.[/QUOTE]

I never knew I could pick up a basketball. And ya you have to physically take out the driver and get into the car.

For the throw a person one get a dead body and throw it off a bridge into the water. I can't remember what the other(s) one is, but go to the top of the shai gen building that has the elevator and throw the object off the roof. I believe there is a car one? Thats also the same way I got the keep the car airborne with rockets achievement

Yep. You have to actually remove the driver/passenger from the vehicle and take it over.

For the tossing achievement, you can toss a guy off the top of the Oil Rig in Volk or Axton Cowell's tower in Shai Gen. Just a couple of places.

I got the 3 flip one in Muertos. There is a rock near the overpass by the beach. Hit it with the buggy going toward the beach. Worked great.

I have to say, this game is great no matter how I'm feeling. If I'm in the mood to kill people/have fun I generally take out the gang bosses. If I'm in the mood for something more relaxing, I find myself jumping from roof to roof seeking the orbs and searching for the cars in areas I've wiped out the gangs already.

[quote name='tsg2005']omg i only need ONE more agility orb, 499 of 500. i wonder if ill ever find it, lol[/quote]Grrr...I'm at 496. I had a dream the other night that I was actually an agent jumping across rooftops and I found the last four, but I didn't get the achievement points. It was a pretty damn cool dream up until that disappointment, though.

I still just need to kill the final shai gen boss on the insane or whatever the hardest difficulty is. I need 10 more agility orbs, I don't know if I will ever find them or not.

The orbs are driving me nuts. I have 496 Agility and 299 hidden. Missing a total of 5. All the ones I've found since the update have been hidden ones. :)

At least these new modes and achievements give me a reason to boot up and run around the city doing shit. Instead of previously being done with the game and ONLY looking for orbs. Now that was boring.

Are all of the agility orbs on rooftops (easily visible)? I'm at like 150 but I haven't even been to the Volk island yet and the Shai Gen island has some pretty tall buildings I haven't tried to climb either.

[quote name='javeryh']Are all of the agility orbs on rooftops (easily visible)? I'm at like 150 but I haven't even been to the Volk island yet and the Shai Gen island has some pretty tall buildings I haven't tried to climb either.[/quote]For the most part, yes. If you go up to a high point at night, it becomes even easier. The problem is if you've got your agility skills all the way up, you forget to look near street level, especially in the Los Muertos island. I spotted a few the other day just above my head. I'm always up around the rooftops looking for them. I hope they add something so when you're on your last 10 or so orbs there's a better audio, or even better, a visual cue to alert you of where they are.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For the most part, yes. If you go up to a high point at night, it becomes even easier. The problem is if you've got your agility skills all the way up, you forget to look near street level, especially in the Los Muertos island. I spotted a few the other day just above my head. I'm always up around the rooftops looking for them. I hope they add something so when you're on your last 10 or so orbs there's a better audio, or even better, a visual cue to alert you of where they are.[/quote]

The patch did add better audio:

Easier Orb Hunting: Imagine how great it would be if when searching for the last remaining hidden agility orbs the audio range on each of them got wider as fewer remained; well imagine no longer. Audio ”ping” range is now gradually increased when searching for the last 50 percent of hidden orbs, and 20 percent of agility orbs.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The patch did add better audio:

Easier Orb Hunting: Imagine how great it would be if when searching for the last remaining hidden agility orbs the audio range on each of them got wider as fewer remained; well imagine no longer. Audio ”ping” range is now gradually increased when searching for the last 50 percent of hidden orbs, and 20 percent of agility orbs.[/quote]Yeah, I knew about that, but I was hoping for another update with more expanded audible blips when you get down to the last 5 or 10. Or, even better, some sort of visual clue on the map. Maybe an orb hunter gun that's unlockable (and free) when you get a maxed out agent. It wouldn't pinpoint the location of the orbs, but it'd have a map with sonar blips emanating from the remaining orbs. If you have over 100 orbs left, each signal would be very, very weak making it fairly useless (so the achievement isn't cheapened so much), but when you get to say 10 or less orbs left, the sonar blips would be more pronounced on the map it displays.

I just made it to the top of the Agency keep while still at 3 stars of agility. I only wish I had somewhere higher to climb. They need to work a rock climbing game. I'd be down for it.

I started playing this only recently...its a really fun game. I'm already up to the last boss. I really love how the boss fights are either hard if you try to get all the way through the area or really easy by finding the easiest and safest way to the boss.

It's fun to screw around but I'm not sure even with the DLC stuff, I'll be holding onto it once I'm done.

I can see that. If you aren't a completest and merely play to see the ending, than the game will have little replay value, but if you like side quests, silly tasks and collecting items, this game can't be beat.

I finished the game last night...it was a lot of fun. I think I'm going to go ahead and trade it in though. If I feel the urge I'll pick it up again when its cheap...I'm kind of thinking the value will plummet when the Halo Beta is over.

Been going thru the game recently...finished the first island and only have 1 general and the boss of the volk left.....My problems seems to be finding the hidden orbs...I have a tad over 300 of the agility orbs, but only 65 or so hidden orbs..

[quote name='ryanbph']Been going thru the game recently...finished the first island and only have 1 general and the boss of the volk left.....My problems seems to be finding the hidden orbs...I have a tad over 300 of the agility orbs, but only 65 or so hidden orbs..[/QUOTE]

I'm about the same and just started the 3rd island.

does anybody else think the achievment "Win every Street Race using all available vehicles" is impossible? maybe i just suck at it, but some of the cars are crap.

[quote name='tsg2005']does anybody else think the achievment "Win every Street Race using all available vehicles" is impossible? maybe i just suck at it, but some of the cars are crap.[/quote]
I've only played the Crackdown demo, but couldn't you get out of your car and destroy the other cars before they finish the race?

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've only played the Crackdown demo, but couldn't you get out of your car and destroy the other cars before they finish the race?[/quote]
Yeah, close enough. You can cheat your way by going back to the agency and use a 4-star Supercar.

Yeah the more I raced the more I realized the developers had zero intentions on the player winning by actually racing. Just like the regular game there are numerous methods:

- supercar cheat: head to the agency and get the supercar. Park it before the start line and reboot the race. The car will still be there. (didn't know about this one until I already had my achievement, d'oh!)

- destroying racers: actually more difficult than it sounds. Just a matter of finding the perfect stretch of road to create a roadblock out of boulders, civilian cars and 'arrow' blocks. As they plow into the roadblock blow out tires and gas tanks.

- Ramp truck: my method, which works on [I think] three of the courses. I only remember Green Bay/Mugre for sure. Head in reverse grab the ramp truck and park it in a single lane where the other racers have no option but to drive up it. In Mugre's case, the offramp near where it is parked. Set it up and watch every racer ramp up and off into the ocean. Stay in the truck with your thumb on the brake otherwise the racers will just knock it out of the way. This is definitely the most fun method.

Overall the mode, depending on your method definitely adds at least 6 hours gameplay and the 150 pts. is a well earned one.

anybody know where i can find pictures of each stunt location? (purple rings), i only 3 left, but i cant find them or seem to trigger them to appear.

thanks. that map is easier to read then the other i was looking at.

it seems like ive done them all, guess i gotta go re-check each one.

ive completed 45 of 50 achievements for this game :D

i just have to finish finding the hidden orbs, 1 more agility orb (sigh), and the 3 co-op missions. if anybody wants to do the co-op missions with me, let me know

XBL: SHARP83

The races where your racing against the agency cars..the buggy and the supercars are TOUGH..even when you get out and try and blow them up. You can't pop the tires of the buggys :( ..even the supercars are hard.
^ any advice?

Should I just go, get the Armored vehicle (or whatever the name of that big ass tank is)..drive it back to the race..reboot the race and start blowin things up..?

[quote name='tsg2005']ive completed 45 of 50 achievements for this game :D

i just have to finish finding the hidden orbs, 1 more agility orb (sigh), and the 3 co-op missions. if anybody wants to do the co-op missions with me, let me know

XBL: SHARP83[/QUOTE]

which 3 co-op missions?

I need to beat the final shai gen boss on the hardest difficulty to get that achievement. So if that is one you need you can help me out and I'll help you beat the rest of yours.

I probably won't be on for about another hour though.

the 3 co-op missions are...

- complete your first mission in Co-op mode
- Partner up and complete every mission in Co-op mode (im assuming this means kill every boss)

and if you have the additional content, the third is

- Complete any Stockpile mini-game in Co-op mode in fewer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds

[quote name='lilboo']The races where your racing against the agency cars..the buggy and the supercars are TOUGH..even when you get out and try and blow them up. You can't pop the tires of the buggys :( ..even the supercars are hard.
^ any advice?

Should I just go, get the Armored vehicle (or whatever the name of that big ass tank is)..drive it back to the race..reboot the race and start blowin things up..?[/quote]

you have to find a good place in the race to get out of your car & build a baracade in the middle of the street, so when they come around and all crash into it, shoot out the gas tank in one of them & you should kill most of them.

this video will give you a better idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBKcevUsTmw

[quote name='tsg2005']the 3 co-op missions are...

- complete your first mission in Co-op mode
- Partner up and complete every mission in Co-op mode (im assuming this means kill every boss)

and if you have the additional content, the third is

- Complete any Stockpile mini-game in Co-op mode in fewer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds[/quote]

You know what sucks, I can't do co-op but not being able to do it is worse than not being able to get the achievement points. :cry: Aparently satellite internet gives you really high ping. but at least I can play Worms and UNO.;)

[quote name='lilboo']The races where your racing against the agency cars..the buggy and the supercars are TOUGH..even when you get out and try and blow them up. You can't pop the tires of the buggys :( ..even the supercars are hard.
^ any advice?

Should I just go, get the Armored vehicle (or whatever the name of that big ass tank is)..drive it back to the race..reboot the race and start blowin things up..?[/QUOTE]

Barricading and shooting out gas tanks doesn't seem to work all that well against the race car. Since it is so aerodynamic the barricade does little as they just push the shit out of the way.

This was one of the few times that I actually raced to win. It really wasn't that bad once you figure out how to handle it for the race. The other racers get caught up on turns so if you can figure out a decent way to brake/slide you should be okay. That's what I did.

As for the game, I am 2 Agility Orbs away from a perfect 1250. :(

I am having a hard time getting any achievements - I only have 70/1250 so far but I haven't really played through the entire game yet. I just got to island #2 and I haven't killed the boss of the first island yet (but I did kill all of the sub-bosses). I've got about 275/500 agility orbs and 50/300 hidden orbs. I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far...

[quote name='javeryh']I haven't killed the boss of the first island yet (but I did kill all of the sub-bosses). [/QUOTE]

The boss of the island? Are you talking about the star on the map after you kill all the gang leaders? There is no boss there. Just a remaining group of gang members you need to wipe out. Pretty simple. Once you wipe them out, the whole island will be gang free so you can roam about(look for orbs, stunt rings, races, etc) without worries of being attacked.

[quote name='Corvin']As for the game, I am 2 Agility Orbs away from a perfect 1250. :([/QUOTE]
Agility Orbs? Wow, I don't know how you managed to find all the hidden before all the agility. My last Agility Orb was on the southwest corner of the Shai Gen destruction derby thing. I don't know how I missed it so many times.

[quote name='Corvin']The boss of the island? Are you talking about the star on the map after you kill all the gang leaders? There is no boss there. Just a remaining group of gang members you need to wipe out. Pretty simple. Once you wipe them out, the whole island will be gang free so you can roam about(look for orbs, stunt rings, races, etc) without worries of being attacked.[/quote]

I'm talking about the guy at the top of the boss tree. I thought that if I killed him it would be harder to level up because there would be less gang members roaming around.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm talking about the guy at the top of the boss tree. I thought that if I killed him it would be harder to level up because there would be less gang members roaming around.[/quote]If leveling up is what you're after, I'd recommend leaving the first island's boss alone so his cronies still spawn. They're far easier to take out than the other two islands, since they don't have access to the rocket/grenade launchers.

[quote name='CokeCola']Agility Orbs? Wow, I don't know how you managed to find all the hidden before all the agility. My last Agility Orb was on the southwest corner of the Shai Gen destruction derby thing. I don't know how I missed it so many times.[/QUOTE]

Well I had 494/287 before the update. For some reason with the new orb sound enhance, finding the hidden ones were easier.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']If leveling up is what you're after, I'd recommend leaving the first island's boss alone so his cronies still spawn. They're far easier to take out than the other two islands, since they don't have access to the rocket/grenade launchers.[/QUOTE]

And I would ignore the first island completely, and just work on the 3rd island. Unless I'm crazy, killing the shai gen gives you more experience per kill than the first two islands.

anybody with the DLC wanna do the Pack Rat achievement with me? im not sure what to do exactly, but i watched a youtube video & it looked pretty simple.

i just got all the hidden orbs tonight, so im happy :D

XBL: SHARP83

[quote name='tsg2005']anybody with the DLC wanna do the Pack Rat achievement with me? im not sure what to do exactly, but i watched a youtube video & it looked pretty simple.

i just got all the hidden orbs tonight, so im happy :D

XBL: SHARP83[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly do any co-op achievements with anyone. I need virtually all of them and would love to get them.

My friends were playing around and they found a straightaway (freeway). One person had the Supercar (4*), and the other had a buggy. They would launch the buggy by making the Supercar hit it at like 200 or so from one end of the straightaway, to the other, and the buggy would go so high. Its so awesome

[quote name='Machikunas']I'd gladly do any co-op achievements with anyone. I need virtually all of them and would love to get them.[/quote]

i added u my friends list, lemme know when youll be on later

bread's done
Back