Crisis Core FF7 (3.25.08) bonus preorder deal!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Announced by SE today. If you preorder at either Amazon.com, Gamestop/eb, or Gamecrazy you will recieve a limited edition Shinra UMD case free! The game is currently on preorder for 39.99. Here are some links (so far):

http://www.crisiscore.com/ (link on bottom if you want the detailed info on the bonus with pics)

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Core-F..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201463446&sr=8-1 (also comes with free shipping!)

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12490&LF=STL

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=191285

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: When you pick up your preorder, you can apply the very famous 10% off coupon to bring the game down to 35.99 + state tax. PLEASE NOTE that you CANNOT use the coupon during the preorder period..ONLY when the game comes in and the price refigured (thus if you pay in full on preorder you should be getting money back).

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: game+guide bundle deal for those who are not aware. If you get the guide and game instore, you are entitled to recieving 10% off the guide + another 10% off the guide with edge card. So in total:

Game + bonus - 35.99 with 10% coupon
Guide - 14.39 with bundle and edge discount
total - 50.38 + state tax

Enjoy and hope you CAGs will find this useful :D

2-29-08 EDIT

Bestbuy will have an exclusive metallic packaging (think first edition kingdom hearts ps2 case cover).

CCpreorder.jpg

*edit again and again and again*

For the Best buy deal:

There is an empty umd preorder box that some best buys are carrying now. It is basically a "preview" cover of the metallic packaging with "best buy preorder" plastered all over it. THIS is not the metallic packaging everyone is talking about. All first shipments of the ACTUAL game at best buy will have the metallic packaging. The preorder box only entitles you to 1) have an extra box laying around the house 2) takes off 5 dollars of the bill (bring your reciept) when you go get your game, due to that the preorder box costs $5 itself.

NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.

Yeah. The 10th anniversary limited edition Japanese PSP bundle goes for $600+ on ebay now. I wish there was a similar bundle stateside.

[quote name='eau']Yeah. The 10th anniversary limited edition Japanese PSP bundle goes for $600+ on ebay now. I wish there was a similar bundle stateside.[/quote]
Meh, my screen and metal ring on the back are already scratched :/
I was bent on keeping it minty but that plan shortly went out the window.

As for the BB thing, it seems to be the same cover art as the LE version of the Japanese bundle

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Meh, my screen and metal ring on the back are already scratched :/

As for the BB thing, it seems to be the same cover art as the LE version of the Japanese bundle[/quote]

The metal ring on my Crisis Core PSP is a bit scratchy as well, and I tried to keep it in perfect condition.

I don't even know what got it scratched up...?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Meh, my screen and metal ring on the back are already scratched :/

As for the BB thing, it seems to be the same cover art as the LE version of the Japanese bundle[/quote]

My wife uses my psp so I'm sure its abit scratched up too.When I first dropped $410 on it I told myself I would keep it mint,but if your gonna actually use it to play games,etc. its very hard to do.

I pre-ordered at BB and you get to keep the pre-order case (which I thought was cool) and it does indeed look like the same cover you get within the crisis core psp bundle.

I went to BB today and found the pre-orders where the regular PSP games are. The cover insert is shiny just like the KH covers. It's inserted in a empty PSP case, nothing inside or anything special.

They also had preorders for GOW, that also has the demo inside, which is kinda cool if you didn't get one in the mail.

I just pre-ordered FF:Crisis Core from Best Buy using my $5 reward zone certificate. They had some of the cases right when you walked in and some with the PSP games. They probably had around 50 altogether out on the floor. I'd much rather have the special cases instead of the shinra umd case.

I bought the PSP bundle when it first came out. Snagged it for $400. I haven't touched the PSP at all, but I have played the game a bit (didn't get very far though).

I have preordered the English version at Gamestop, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to still get the "shiny case" at Best Buy (since I have the Japanese version already) or just get my regular edition at Gamestop with the UMD case.

I'm with everyone wishing we had a system bundle. Imagine how many PSP units they could've sold! But no, we get limited-edition molded silicon, or "hey look! Something shiny! =D" -_-
Expected much better of SE... if I weren't a collector, I wouldn't even bother ordering any US edition... the VAing is THAT bad.

chocobo000 - thanks for the blog plug! =O

[quote name='chocobo000']As I recall, didn't Xenosaga 3 also have a special (holofoil) cover exclusive at Best Buy? Was it really limited and available only in the 1st shipment, or could you walk in like a week later and still get it?

I found a pic of the pre-order ticket at Best Buy. It'll give you a better idea of what the packaging will look like:
http://reunion.jenovaplanet.com/updates/[/quote]

Does it have all that best buy stuff on it?

called my local bestbuy again, theo nly bestbuy we got and they told me they dont do pre orders on the CC ...wtf

i need to drive 1.5 hrs to get to the nearest BB....

[quote name='yuckfou']called my local bestbuy again, theo nly bestbuy we got and they told me they dont do pre orders on the CC ...wtf

i need to drive 1.5 hrs to get to the nearest BB....[/QUOTE]

They should. It was in their sales ad for this week.

So I walk into the store today with half a mind to go ahead and preorder it (thought I could just skip the whole preorder thing and get the exclusive cover edition on release day)...didnt see any preorder boxes.

So I asked the male working who was only there to impress the other female worker...

ME: Do you know if you got the crisis core final fantasy 7 preorder boxes in?

Male who is trying to impress female worker: Fantasy Final what???

ME: *doesnt reply and walks out the store calmly...but mind blown what I just heard...only to look back once to see the dumbfound look on his face*

Yup that's my experience of best buy for the day :D

Other than that, Im gonna still get the exclusive cover edition on release day and skip on the crappy (imo) gamestop deal. I can always ebay the umd case for like 5 dollars if I really want it.

Kipz - No. That's just the preorder ticket, so of course they get to plaster their logos all over it. The actual game cover shouldn't have any of that.

Sephiroth61787 - the GameStop case and the Best Buy cases are different and easy to tell apart, so I doubt it. You could just pick up your preorder from one GameStop, grab the UMD case, then resell it to another GameStop or used video game place. Used versions of new releases are usually high in demand.
Or just eBay it off.

kosmos13x - ....wow. That guy does not deserve to work anywhere NEAR video games.

BTW - I'm under the impression NOT ALL BEST BUY STORES HAVE THE PREORDER CASES ON DISPLAY. You may have to ask one of the usually-inattentive sales guys in Games about it. And make sure they don't think you're looking for Crysis. -_-

[quote name='Yahriel']

Sephiroth61787 - the GameStop case and the Best Buy cases are different and easy to tell apart, so I doubt it. You could just pick up your preorder from one GameStop, grab the UMD case, then resell it to another GameStop or used video game place. Used versions of new releases are usually high in demand.
Or just eBay it off.

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just wondering if the sku would be the same. Because I could buy the metallic case at the regular Best Buy checkout, then return the gamestop version to the same best buy as long as it doesn't say anything about the metallic case on the receipt.

Hehe, I thought of doing that too, but it seems like the UPC codes are different for the Best Buy and regular packaging. I figure you can either get the UMD case and no tax at Amazon, or the shiny packaging at BestBuy. I'm leaning toward BestBuy right now since it seems like they will be more limited than the cases. You can probably get a case off ebay later for cheap. I wonder if any retailers are going to have the game on sale for $35 or less.

[quote name='chocobo000']Hehe, I thought of doing that too, but it seems like the UPC codes are different for the Best Buy and regular packaging. I figure you can either get the UMD case and no tax at Amazon, or the shiny packaging at BestBuy. I'm leaning toward BestBuy right now since it seems like they will be more limited than the cases. You can probably get a case off ebay later for cheap. I wonder if any retailers are going to have the game on sale for $35 or less.[/quote]

Circuit City has a habit of putting games on sale for the first week which means price matching galore all over the place.... keep that in mind.

The only way I can see that not working at BB is you get a manager who is a prick and argues that its "a different edition or game" due to the different cover art...

Though of course this doesnt rule out BB having the game on sale themselves but the chances of that are slimmer than CC from history of prices.

[quote name='eau']A buster sword chain would have been a better gift (NOT what we are getting). I think it's included in the Japanese FF VII:CC Slim PSP bundle LE.

crisiscoreik8.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Ye'll stab yer' eye out, kid! Ho, Ho, Ho.

Can't you just preorder it at bestbuy.com?

Even if you preorder one in the store, I don't think they actually put it aside like for GS does. You still have to fight your way to the sale floor and pick a copy out like a customer without preordering.

Can't you just preorder it at bestbuy.com? They are doing the shiny cover as well.

Last time I preordered something, they didn't actually put it aside like for GS would. You still have to get to the sale floor and pick a copy out like a customer who didn't preorder, unless their process changed recently.

[quote name='eau']Can't you just preorder it at bestbuy.com? They are doing the shiny cover as well.

Last time I preordered something, they didn't actually put it aside like for GS would. You still have to get to the sale floor and pick a copy out like a customer who didn't preorder, unless their process changed recently.[/QUOTE]

When I preordered Assassins Creed at BB, they put it aside for me. Guess it depends on the BB. I just preordered Crisis Core at BB.com, but in case they send me a non metallic one, I might preorder at a store too..

My store does the "preorder if you want but still first come/first serve" thing. The preorder just takes 5 dollars off the bill when you bring the reciept. Thats for my store, so can we say YMMV on the preorder process?

I just picked it up at BB and it does have all that "Preorder" stuff on it. Did I just misunderstand and when go pick up the actual game it will be a special cover?

[quote name='kipz']I just picked it up at BB and it does have all that "Preorder" stuff on it. Did I just misunderstand and when go pick up the actual game it will be a special cover?[/quote]

Im gonna update the OP in a sec that will make all of those answers clear.

*edit* OP updated with info on the best buy deal. READ it if you want info on how it all works and what comes with what. Hopefully this will help everyone out.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Im gonna update the OP in a sec that will make all of those answers clear.

*edit* OP updated with info on the best buy deal. READ it if you want info on how it all works and what comes with what. Hopefully this will help everyone out.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='kipz']Thanks for clearing that up.[/quote]

NP :) Think that was needed for a good few days now actually. I just now got "unlazy" haha :p

[quote name='Cao Cao']Ye'll stab yer' eye out, kid! Ho, Ho, Ho.[/quote]

LoL that statement for some reason reminded me of "The Christmas Story"

"your gonna blow your eye out kid" :D

Tough decision on where to get the game...best buy or amazon...shinra case or shiny cover...i think i'm leaning towards shiny cover at this point...

[quote name='yuckfou']i might just miss the pre orders :(
any chance scoring one on release day ? (the BB exclusive...)[/QUOTE]
went to BB again today, showed the clerks the ad on their weekly ad..... and the guy was like "ow" ... went to the back and bring like 10 of the preorders box..... feeling like yelling at him, cos hes the one who told me "if its not on the shelf, we dont have it"

btw i tried to use 10% off coupon but the cashier said it wont work on preorders,.... gonna try again when i pay the $35 when i pick the game

[quote name='eau']So the BB preorder ticket is a PSP game case with a demo cover? Anything (coupons) in it?[/quote]

I got my Preorder on Saturday, same as pictured above. There is nothing that comes with inside of the case, what you see is what you get.

I posted the question earlier. BB online is selling the preorder ticket for $5 with free shipping. How's it going to work as a preorder? Do you take it into the store and pick the actual product after release? If so, you aren't really preordering since they are not putting aside one for you.

[quote name='eau']I posted the question earlier. BB online is selling the preorder ticket for $5 with free shipping. How's it going to work as a preorder? Do you take it into the store and pick the actual product after release? If so, you aren't really preordering since they are not putting aside one for you.[/quote]

Might wanna check out the updated mini faqs about the best buy deal on the OP to maybe clear up a few of your concerns..

As for the ordering the "preorder case" online and then the actual game online.....might wanna email best buy customer support on that but my guess is that if both done online then you just gave them an extra 5 dollars since there really isn't a way to subtract the 5 dollars (or at least none that I know of). What I'm thinking you can do though if you are willing and able, is to order the "preorder case" online, and bring our sales quota receipt that they send you in the shipping to take off 5 dollars when you pick up the actual game at the store.

Be aware that you may have to explain how it all works to the cashier (and possibly the clueless manager on duty) as I had an incident a year ago of when I bought the 10 dollar nightfall preorder....and they b*tched about taking off the 10 for the actual game....the manager finally blew me off and said just take off 5 and walked away. (lets just say I got it adjusted after submitting a complaint ticket and he no longer works there...apparently that was his last strike).

So is there any limit for the preorders ?
Friends of mine want both, there are 7 of them.... i am a foreigner and the only way to get these pre orders for them is through me..... and im going home next month
Going BB again tomorrow, hopefully there will be some left

Too bad they can't do something neat and unexpected like release FFVII on the Playstation Store and offer like a free download for people who pre-order Crisis Core.

I'm sure that would help sell it better than some dumb case or headphones. :)

[quote name='henhowc']Too bad they can't do something neat and unexpected like release FFVII on the Playstation Store and offer like a free download for people who pre-order Crisis Core.

I'm sure that would help sell it better than some dumb case or headphones. :)[/QUOTE]

like other people have said this game does not need a bonus to help it sell.

[quote name='62t']like other people have said this game does not need a bonus to help it sell.[/quote]

Probably not but the point of the bonus is to make you want to buy it the first day it comes out. More profit is made this way than having a price drop to move inventory.

[quote name='62t']like other people have said this game does not need a bonus to help it sell.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight...captain obvious. ;) I know everyone who already has a PSP is probably going to buy this game.

That being said, ever thought about how this game is a potential system seller that could get more people to buy PSPs? A re-release of FFVII through PSN would only add to that.

[quote name='nikkai']They need to port this over to the PS2 or PS3 =)[/quote]

Most likely wont happen. PSP has pretty much proven itself over the last year that it can hang and still get decent sales numbes. Plus SE doesn't usually like the port their own games (well.....if its not final fantasy 1-6 remake super duper power ranger edition with added 1 new line of story for 40 dollars!!...coming soon final fantasy 1-6 super duper power ranger turbo edition with the improved color of blue!!!...for 40 dollars!!!..lol).

Also SE been pretty stern on keeping the ff7 projects on what systems they came out on only.

bread's done
Back