Crisis Core FF7 (3.25.08) bonus preorder deal!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Announced by SE today. If you preorder at either Amazon.com, Gamestop/eb, or Gamecrazy you will recieve a limited edition Shinra UMD case free! The game is currently on preorder for 39.99. Here are some links (so far):

http://www.crisiscore.com/ (link on bottom if you want the detailed info on the bonus with pics)

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Core-F..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201463446&sr=8-1 (also comes with free shipping!)

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12490&LF=STL

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=191285

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: When you pick up your preorder, you can apply the very famous 10% off coupon to bring the game down to 35.99 + state tax. PLEASE NOTE that you CANNOT use the coupon during the preorder period..ONLY when the game comes in and the price refigured (thus if you pay in full on preorder you should be getting money back).

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: game+guide bundle deal for those who are not aware. If you get the guide and game instore, you are entitled to recieving 10% off the guide + another 10% off the guide with edge card. So in total:

Game + bonus - 35.99 with 10% coupon
Guide - 14.39 with bundle and edge discount
total - 50.38 + state tax

Enjoy and hope you CAGs will find this useful :D

2-29-08 EDIT

Bestbuy will have an exclusive metallic packaging (think first edition kingdom hearts ps2 case cover).

CCpreorder.jpg

*edit again and again and again*

For the Best buy deal:

There is an empty umd preorder box that some best buys are carrying now. It is basically a "preview" cover of the metallic packaging with "best buy preorder" plastered all over it. THIS is not the metallic packaging everyone is talking about. All first shipments of the ACTUAL game at best buy will have the metallic packaging. The preorder box only entitles you to 1) have an extra box laying around the house 2) takes off 5 dollars of the bill (bring your reciept) when you go get your game, due to that the preorder box costs $5 itself.

NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.

It's not like this game requires a preorder bonus in order to sell ;)

I guess some people feel insulted and pissed by the lame bonus.

Man, I think that UMD case does have some value if you actually use it, but I doubt the majority of the people would keep the game in the UMD case when everyone UMD would be in the PSP and playing like mad. :)

nice find....good thing i preorded about a week ago is countdown till 3.25 as this is the title ive been waiting for on psp!!

SE really should've stepped it up with a better preorder bonus. I guess nobody feels obligated to provide a good bonus because the title will sell well regardless of including extras.

yeah, i was hoping for a collector's-style case like ffxii or something (i'd love a steel umd case). anyways, thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='onikage']That has to be one of the worst pre-order bonuses I've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]I donno man... that Phoenix Wright 4 preorder made me not want to preorder that game

[quote name='toogood']I'll buy the game nonetheless, so any extras is just a bonus.[/quote]

QFT. i'm excited for this game...

[quote name='atomsk']i just buy stuff without thinking anymore. sigh.[/quote]

yeah, coz when we do think, we realize how much we've spent on games, and it's quite depressing... especially as the backlog grows...

[quote name='phattsoe']yeah, coz when we do think, we realize how much we've spent on games, and it's quite depressing... especially as the backlog grows...[/QUOTE]

Yeah tell me about it...I think I've spent $700 on games just within the past month. And that's with me buying used games, using coupons, and buying when there are deals. I think its time to cool it for a bit.

Well, you just have to start telling people you are a game collector instead of a gamer. That's what I have accepted for myself. I don't even have a psp yet but I'm still considering to get this.. what kind of game is it anyway, a turn-based rpg like the original FFVII?

[quote name='phattsoe']yeah, coz when we do think, we realize how much we've spent on games, and it's quite depressing... especially as the backlog grows...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Asgardian']Well, you just have to start telling people you are a game collector instead of a gamer. That's what I have accepted for myself. I don't even have a psp yet but I'm still considering to get this.. what kind of game is it anyway, a turn-based rpg like the original FFVII?[/quote]

Action RPG! Anyways watch the gameplay trailers!

I don't keep cases so I'm keen to this bonus. You could keep the UMD of Advent Children in there with it...while you wait for the ffvii remake to appear on the psp.

gah, what a lame bonus, but since i'm gonna get it anyways, i'll get it from amazon. no tax and free shipping. thanks OP

It is kind of lame in comparison, but there's no way I can actually complain about the bonus. S-E hasn't done many pre-order bonuses in the past, so this is really an improvement.

Updated the Topic to include the Gamestop link for bonus as the website was updated today. I think I covered all links and money saving notes that I can think of. If you can contribute anything else to the topic please post and pm me and I'll update with credits.

Thanks and happy gaming CAGS :bouncy:

[quote name='kosmos13x']Updated the Topic to include the Gamestop link for bonus as the website was updated today. I think I covered all links and money saving notes that I can think of. If you can contribute anything else to the topic please post and pm me and I'll update with credits.

Thanks and happy gaming CAGS :bouncy:[/quote]
good work, kosmos13x. i'm sure we'll find more angles on this deal in the weeks to come...

Can anyone tell me how amazon deals with pre-orders? As in do they go ahead and charge you when you order, or do they wait until th item ships? Thanks in advance, this is my first time pre-ordering anything from them.

Amazon doesn't charge until the order is about to ship. So until the game is out, you can pretty much cancel anytime up till that point if you should find a better deal elsewhere. =)

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I'm not a fan of the pre-order bonus simply because I keep all my games in their original case (and dont use my psp outside) so I have no need for a umd case.

I do hope some other store has a better bonus item,or a sale price on it.[/quote]

c/s.
nukdollars-ps3 tag name

[quote name='eau']It's not like this game requires a preorder bonus in order to sell ;)[/quote]Definately true, but...

I guess some people feel insulted and pissed by the lame bonus.
...when you have a game or franchise that's typically a huge seller, those who plunk money down on a limited edition version or a pre-order bonus like to be rewarded for the extra $$ spent or the fact that they've put $$ in the system early in anticipation. Getting lame extras in a LE, CE or pre-order bonus makes the consumer feel unappreciated at very least.

Still the Lotro CE edition takes the cake on crappiest extras ever....

a 10 cent paper map that is tiny and a cheap dvd with a few trailers and a few blah audio tracks....OH and a slightly bigger box!!!!!!

All yours for 10 dollars more :D

Does anyone know how Amazon handles preorder bonus like this? My order doesn't indicate any preorder bonus, and I'm afraid it might just get shipped without the bonus. It isn't like ordering from gamestop.com where they have it as a separate line item.

[quote name='eau']Does anyone know how Amazon handles preorder bonus like this? My order doesn't indicate any preorder bonus, and I'm afraid it might just get shipped without the bonus. It isn't like ordering from gamestop.com where they have it as a separate line item.[/quote]

They just ship them with all orders until they run out. Since they are still listing the umd case, we should get them with the game. No line item or indication on the order sheet.

Anyone have more info on the BB packaging. Might consider a 2nd copy. Thanks.

[quote name='jacknicklson']

Anyone have more info on the BB packaging. Might consider a 2nd copy. Thanks.[/quote]

Give me a sec, Ill try to get a direct link and possible picture on the OP...

ok check the OP. That's the best I can do right now for the metallic packaging pic.

Think about the shiny first edition cover of kingdom hearts...thats probably a very close example of what the metallic packaging is.

[quote name='kosmos13x']ok check the OP. That's the best I can do right now for the metallic packaging pic.

Think about the shiny first edition cover of kingdom hearts...thats probably a very close example of what the metallic packaging is.[/quote]

Thanks, I guess I'll pre-order online or try my luck in-store.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Thanks, I guess I'll pre-order online or try my luck in-store.[/quote]

NP. It won't be till closer to release but if I find a full size actual picture of the metallic one I'll update the OP and try to remember to personally PM you with the pic since you are interested in it.

My EB didn't give me the UMD case when i pre-ordered, I'm going to pre-order elsewhere and try to get my mony back from EB.

[quote name='Sinnbox']My EB didn't give me the UMD case when i pre-ordered, I'm going to pre-order elsewhere and try to get my mony back from EB.[/quote]

That's because the preorder item isnt available yet. They usually will ship with the game in most cases. If it ships before its because it was meant to be giving out early (example being code to an pre retail beta) or the manufacture sent them a few days early (in which case it's new policy to wait till the game comes out...but some stores are not butts about it and will give you one.)

Patience my friend :)

[quote name='rodeojones903']I guess I'm the only one that thinks that preorder bonus is lame.[/QUOTE]

You are not alone. Even so, thanks to the OP for the heads up.

As I recall, didn't Xenosaga 3 also have a special (holofoil) cover exclusive at Best Buy? Was it really limited and available only in the 1st shipment, or could you walk in like a week later and still get it?

I found a pic of the pre-order ticket at Best Buy. It'll give you a better idea of what the packaging will look like:
http://reunion.jenovaplanet.com/updates/

[quote name='chocobo000']As I recall, didn't Xenosaga 3 also have a special (holofoil) cover exclusive at Best Buy? Was it really limited and available only in the 1st shipment, or could you walk in like a week later and still get it?[/QUOTE]
It was a "lenticular" cover, actually, but it was just an insert over the standard cover. It may have been a "first shipment" thing, but I don't think many Best Buy stores sold out until several weeks later.

bread's done
Back