Crysis 2 Beta Test

I downloaded two demos on my xbox 360 one is bulletstorm and other is crysis 2 two days ago. Anyway, I never play the first game on pc because I'm a xbox guy. Crysis 2 is awful and its feel like playing star wars battlefront.

This game won't be on my list and bulletstorm for sure.

Played a bit of the mp demo. There seems to be something lacking, like you don't feel connected to the shooting. Streaks feel off, I don't think they are needed in this game. I think the inclusion of team-oriented tech or maneuvers would be good, something to make you want to fight with your teammates rather than just run around randomly.

The run-slide mechanic is cool, being able to tone down bobbing is a big plus for people prone to motion sickness (like me), and the camo makes me feel like Ghost in the Shell, lol. I loved the first game and will keep this one on my radar.

Im just enjoying the game for what it is...a work in progress. I will reserve judgment for the final release. But I am having a bit of fun with it regardless of how long it can take to get into a match sometimes.

As far as CoD vs Battlefield, Im Battlefield all the way. Bigger maps, less glitches/explots, and less whiny douche-bags make Battlefield BC 2 the current shooter of choice for me...but to each their own. I am glad they got rid of the 25-killstreak tactical nuke. That was a joke. :)

So, am I the only one who immediately liked the Crysis mp and still does after a couple of hours playing it?

I changed my mind on the game after unlocking the 2nd game type, Alien Pod Capture. This is a much better mode IMHO, and unlocks once you reach a rank of level 6. You get points for holding the pod area, there is a radius around the pod that shows you the capture area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played for about an hour and the jumping and climbing are nice touches... its great to find odd ways to climb up a building and it just feels so good to grab that edge after a long jump to get away from someone. The gun play is a little weak, like someone else said above, just don't really feel connected and a bit clunky in its movements. And I think I went on a 4-person melee kill-streak because it is so powerful. It had its moments of fun, but wouldn't sell me on its own. I actually didn't like the graphics very much either...

For those random questions above:
RB - Cloak
LB - Armor
DOWN on the d-pad - heat-vision to see through cloaks
Hold Y - for Kill Streaks

The graphics (and physics) are a noticeable step back from the first Crysis. I know Crytech did it to make some money, but toning down the series and changing its setting to fit on current consoles takes away much of its uniqueness.

F.Y.I. There's a new demo with both maps, Skyline and Pier 17, unlocked from the get go (with voting). Pier 17 changed my mind about the multiplayer, I think this will most definitely be a great mix of Halo and Call of Duty. And you must swim in the water and do a 360* spin, beautiful. Skyline still sucked.

Also, they have a mode they're showing off at G.D.C. called "Assault" where it's regular soldiers versus nanosuits (1 life, hacking comps.) and it reminds me of Spies vs. Mercs from Splinter Cell. Neat'o.

And I still don't see where the delayed controls complaints come from.

Pier 17 sealed the deal for me, just placed my preorder.

Btw I don't think players are noticing how awesome nano vision is (activate by pressing down on d-pad). It barely uses any energy and allows you to easily spot nearby cloaked or dark-lit enemies in your fov. I use it almost as much as cloak.

-Edit-
Nvm, nano vision doesn't work on cloaked enemies. Still good for spotting enemies in dark areas. There is a suit module you can unlock to detect if an enemy nearby has entered cloak, I will try it out next time.

[quote name='Conboy']I changed my mind on the game after unlocking the 2nd game type, Alien Pod Capture. This is a much better mode IMHO, and unlocks once you reach a rank of level 6. You get points for holding the pod area, there is a radius around the pod that shows you the capture area.[/QUOTE]

It claims you have to be 6, but I got into a APC on my seconds match. I think the host or just SOMEONE has to be 6. I dont know.

As far as the game. I enjoyed it till everyone started stealth camping and dropping holograms all over the place. People in APC don't even go to the drop points, they just camp it from a far and kill those who dare enter.

Thats my experiencing so far. Ill be back on it later once more peeps I know get on.

There's a new one up, delete the beta and download the new one. The old one said 'Mulitplayer Beta' the new one says 'Multiplayer Demo'.

This game is flat out bad....theres even articles that say the same thing "Amazing game for PC but so watered down console" and I stand by it. I downloaded the beta/demo of this the first day it came out and played like crazy. This game is almost as bad as Medal Of Honor except the environments look better in this. Other then that there really nothing to wow you about this game...the gameplay is good and the button setup fits the controller great but other then that it falls short of everything else. Medal Of Honor was flat out terrible and anyone that says they liked it has really low expectation of a FPS especially if your comparing it to any of the COD games of Battlefield games on a CONSOLE. The only marketing point I can see of this game is going to be the amazing graphics it will produce on a PC a very good setup. I will admit Battlefield wasnt the smoothest or prettiest game on console but the destructible environment, the realism of the weapons, the giants maps all made it worth the buy and captured people into it. What does this game bring to a console? Medal Of Honor was a big FAIL on console and Im pretty sure this will be as well.

[quote name='vlad86']This game is flat out bad....theres even articles that say the same thing "Amazing game for PC but so watered down console" and I stand by it. I downloaded the beta/demo of this the first day it came out and played like crazy. This game is almost as bad as Medal Of Honor except the environments look better in this. Other then that there really nothing to wow you about this game...the gameplay is good and the button setup fits the controller great but other then that it falls short of everything else. Medal Of Honor was flat out terrible and anyone that says they liked it has really low expectation of a FPS especially if your comparing it to any of the COD games of Battlefield games on a CONSOLE. The only marketing point I can see of this game is going to be the amazing graphics it will produce on a PC a very good setup. I will admit Battlefield wasnt the smoothest or prettiest game on console but the destructible environment, the realism of the weapons, the giants maps all made it worth the buy and captured people into it. What does this game bring to a console? Medal Of Honor was a big FAIL on console and Im pretty sure this will be as well.[/QUOTE]
Redownload it, Pier 17 is night and day better than Skyline - literally looks and plays better as you can swim and bigger map for stealth to be a big threat/asset.

Medal of Honor's campaign was better than average (specifically the night missions and leaning "saved it") - otherwise everyone knows multiplayer was a cheap cash in, but can't say the same for Crysis 2's multiplayer. Reading all the perks' abilities in Crysis 2 has me excited.

I just re-downloaded the "new demo" pretty surprised that they fixed a couple of things I bitched about on there site the day the Beta got released lol. Well its definitely better then Medal Of Honor now ;)

After playing this game for 2hours today its still not going to be worth a $59.99 price tag.

At least the matchmaking in the second demo works. I could never get into a game in the first demo, which would then kick me off of Live because it's that broken.

Got the game yesterday and played a couple hours of the Campaign...man I'm totally loving this game, but since I started in the hardest difficulty, I've found myself having to play very stealthy for the most part.

Anyone know what the tactical options are when you use your visor. I see some yellow hexagons with numbers, but what does it mean? Is it suggesting that I hit up those spots in that order?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah the new demo is a bit more polished. I'll pick this up on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

I ended up buying the game at $47 and just love the mulitplayer so far. Haven't even touched much of SP.
This gives Halo a run for the money in terms of gameplay. Though obviously still lacking co-op, firefight and splittscreen and all those whacky halo modes.

bread's done
Back