Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
currently playing nothing, seeing how gamefly hasn't sent me anything.

waiting for the Tekken online patch and H3 to finally drop.

See sig. Got 13% in Bully. Trying to find the drunk teacher's bottles. How do you get the one in the trophy case?

[quote name='keithp']See sig. Got 13% in Bully. Trying to find the drunk teacher's bottles. How do you get the one in the trophy case?[/QUOTE]

i pretty sure you have to punch the glass

So if I get a DVI-HDMI cable for my PC will that give me sound? Anyone know how it compares to VGA?

Want to get it working for when I hopefully upgrade my PC enough for Bioshock

[quote name='whoknows']So if I get a DVI-HDMI cable for my PC will that give me sound? Anyone know how it compares to VGA?[/QUOTE]
No. DVI doesn't carry sound.

As for comparrisons to VGA, it should look clearer, since VGA is analog and DVI is digital (though not any difference I can see).

[quote name='whoknows']Any idea what kind of wire I'd need for sound? Like one that goes from the speaker spot in the PC to the TV?[/QUOTE]
I think this is what you're looking for.

I just got a few cheap games and Paper Mario on the Wii. I have my plate full and I am trying to keep up in the CAG gaming nights. Going to school 5 days a week, 8 hours a day is sucking my life away.

Kendal you should have quoted the whole thing

" But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life."

[quote name='zewone']I think this is what you're looking for.[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's how I've got my PC hooked up to my TV. My TV is on the other side of the same wall that my PC is on, so I've got a hole drilled with a dvi->hdmi cable and a Y split RCA cable like that going through it, along with a wireless XBOX 360 controller receiver.

Cables bought from Monoprice, of course.

well being the completion whore that I am, after I beat ratchet and clank: uya, I decided to go back and do all the optional missions and max all my weapons. yep, i'm going for 100% completion.

I've always wondered if it's considered pirating if it's something unreleased or very hard to obtain. Like Earthbound Zero. Or the SNES Earthbound. I'd buy it from Nintendo in a second, if I could. But I can't. And buying it secondhand wouldn't help them anyway.. So I emulate it on my PSP. Should I feel bad?

Discuss?

[quote name='jer7583']I've always wondered if it's considered pirating if it's something unreleased or very hard to obtain. Like Earthbound Zero. Or the SNES Earthbound. I'd buy it from Nintendo in a second, if I could. But I can't. And buying it secondhand wouldn't help them anyway.. So I emulate it on my PSP. Should I feel bad?

Discuss?[/QUOTE]

It's technically pirating, but even if you buy it, the money isn't going to Nintendo as you said. Used games are almost as bad as pirating to Nintendo, sony, and MS, imho, and DLing a copy wouldn't prevent you from buying it on the VC, so there's no harm in it.

Earthbound Zero's public release was illegitimate to begin with, but it's a game that never came out for a system that's over 20 years old...that's like 1000th degree piracy. If that makes you feel guilty, then you must be Catholic or something :lol:

I just finished unlocking all of the characters in Rumble Roses XX. The in-game clock says almost 35 hours (And the percent of things I have unlocked is 3%.:drool:). But I still have to unlock 4 of the girls' Superstar forms, which shouldn't take more than hour or two.

[quote name='jer7583']I've always wondered if it's considered pirating if it's something unreleased or very hard to obtain. Like Earthbound Zero. Or the SNES Earthbound. I'd buy it from Nintendo in a second, if I could. But I can't. And buying it secondhand wouldn't help them anyway.. So I emulate it on my PSP. Should I feel bad?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not sure about all that, but I wouldn't feel bad. I don't even really know what Earthbound Zero is, but I was always under the impression that imports were ok to download. I thought that's how anime-subbing groups got away with it, since a lot of them stop subbing a series when it's licensed.

Looking through old gaming magazines is fun since all the games reviewed are for the most part $10 or less now.

I noticed 2 that got decent reviews...Sphinx and Kya...anyone play either or both?
They are pretty cheap nowadays and I do like the adventure type games.

[quote name='whoknows']Looking through old gaming magazines is fun since all the games reviewed are for the most part $10 or less now.

I noticed 2 that got decent reviews...Sphinx and Kya...anyone play either or both?
They are pretty cheap nowadays and I do like the adventure type games.[/quote]
I bought Kya for less than $10 and was disappointed. The wind tunnels were pretty cool, but something just felt off (Maybe the jumping, it felt clunky to me).

speaking of old games, I always wanted to play beyond good and evil, but as many times as i've seen copies, i've never pulled myself to buy a copy...

[quote name='SL4IN']speaking of old games, I always wanted to play beyond good and evil, but as many times as i've seen copies, i've never pulled myself to buy a copy...[/QUOTE]
Awesome game, go for it.

[quote name='whoknows']Looking through old gaming magazines is fun since all the games reviewed are for the most part $10 or less now.

They are pretty cheap nowadays and I do like the adventure type games.[/quote]

I thought Kya sucked. Sphinx is probably worth a play if it's real cheap- I didn't play it for very long, but it was OK.

I jus gotta raise at work, along with benefits!!

but I had to drive all the way home to pick up my acceptance letter :(

no books for me tonite since I'ma jus sleep here... gonna play me sum suikoden before I sleep tho!! ^_^b

maybe with the new raise, I can save up for a xbox now!!

Im currently splitting my gaming time between Stella Deus and Hoshigami Remix. Im up to chapter 4 in Stella Deus and am really digging it so far. I like Hoshigami, but the game can be really punishing sometimes. The diffculity is really keeping me from enjoying it as much as I should.

I don't know why I'm not working on my current backload (check sig). Perhaps it's the laziness, but maybe it's because I don't know which order to tackle them in.

Earthbound Zero is the first mother game that was completed by NOA but never released for the NES. A prototype cart was discovered, sold, and dumped, and you can now play it on an emulator. The game never saw retail shelves, but I imagine copyrights exist for it..

I wish nintendo would stop dicking around and put them on the VC already.

Final Fantasy X is even better than I remember, and reminds me how much FFXII doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game at all. I love the turn based battles and the ease of switching out party members. I finished it when it was brand new, but don't remember much, so this is like a new playthrough.

ugh after finding all 101 sewer crystals in UYA, I only have 1 side mission left before I've completed all the missions.

[quote name='whoknows']Awesome game, go for it.[/QUOTE]I bought Beyond Good and Evil on Xbox in the year 2004 for $10. The game was great from what I played, but I only had the chance to play the game three times. :( I eventually let it go and EB gave me $2.20 store credit. :( If it was BC on 360, I might have gone back to it.

[quote name='SL4IN']ugh after finding all 101 sewer crystals in UYA, I only have 1 side mission left before I've completed all the missions.[/QUOTE]I remember that part. I never found them all, despite spending who knows how much time trying to find them all. :( I never tried 100% completion in any Ratchet game though. I love the series, but I just have too much to play, and I sometimes feel bad for playing one game too much over another.

[quote name='motorkill']Im currently splitting my gaming time between Stella Deus and Hoshigami Remix. Im up to chapter 4 in Stella Deus and am really digging it so far. I like Hoshigami, but the game can be really punishing sometimes. The diffculity is really keeping me from enjoying it as much as I should.[/QUOTE]
I'm very glad I got my copy of Stella Dues when I did, because I preordered the only copy at my EB, then never saw another copy again. I like the game too myself, but only 12 hours into it. :(

Not much time for gaming today since today is another big moving day. I'll play some PSP when I get home later.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Wow.[/QUOTE]

Mana Knight is a pretty harmless kid, but every once in a while he drops these gold nuggets of nerdiness that make me think he's a joke account.

Playing nothing today, because I'm driving to Milwaukee today to see Dream Theater live. Should be a blasty blast.

I actually agree a little bit with Mana Knight on that one. Like if I have a bunch of new games, but instead play more Ninja Gaiden for the next few days, I feel like I've wasted some money. Sometimes I have to just throw in another game quickly...before I put Ninja Gaiden back in!

[quote name='jer7583']Mana Knight is a pretty harmless kid, but every once in a while he drops these gold nuggets of nerdiness that make me think he's a joke account.

Playing nothing today, because I'm driving to Milwaukee today to see Dream Theater live. Should be a blasty blast.[/QUOTE]

nice. I hope for your sake it's not at the Rave!

It was at the Eagles ballroom for gigantour last time I saw them, yeah. THe rave is pretty shit, but you get cheap concerts there sometimes.

This is at the riverside. Little bit classier, sit down concert.

Holy hell man, I never realized I how so many games not played. I Just went through my entire game collection cutting games from it, since my backlog is fucking huge. Now the question is what to do with all these games? Take all them and trade them in for store credit? I'd rather not sell them on here unless it was in one big ass bundle since shipping would kill me. Any games you guys think should I keep and not get rid of?

hack Part 1

hack Part 2

hack Part 3

hack Part 4

hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth

Dot. Hack G.U.Vol 2: Reminisce

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Ape Escape 2

Ape Escape 3

Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed

Arc The Lad: End of Darkness

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

Dawn of Mana

Dynasty Warriors 5

Front Mission 4

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai

Ghosthunter

God Hand

Growlanser: Generations

Headhunter

Headhunter: Redemption

Kessen II

Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Nano Breaker

Resident Evil 4

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection

Romancing Saga

Rygar: The Legendary Adventure

Shining Force Exa

Shining Tears

Siren

Suikoden Tactics

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Virtua Fighter 4

Way of the Samurai

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Ninja Gaiden

Far Cry Instincts

Doom 3

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Conker: Live and Reloaded

Breakdown

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords remove

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil

Dead or Alive 4

Virtua Fighter 5

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II

Champions of Norrath

Champions: Return to Arms

Demon Stone Forgotten Realms

La Pucelle: Tactics

Maximo Vs. Army of Zin

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

Nightshade

Monster Hunter

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Rise of the Kasai

Mark of Kri

Tales of Legendia

Area 51

Killzone

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

Drakengard

Drakengard II

Forever Kingdom

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

Bouncer

Extermination

Shadow of Rome

Clock Tower 3

Dark Cloud

Darkwatch

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Atelier Iris 2: Azoth of Destiny

Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm

Damn SilentAssasin, I would definately sell them on eBay or here. You could get literally hundreds more dollars if you did that. Even selling them as a large bundle on eBay would net you hundreds. Definately go that route.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Damn SilentAssasin, I would definately sell them on eBay or here. You could get literally hundreds more dollars if you did that. Even selling them as a large bundle on eBay would net you hundreds. Definately go that route.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Ebay myself selling them in one big bundle, that way I don't have to make a lot of trips back and forth to the PO. I had over 250 games and with this cut to my collection I am now down to a slimmer 115 games total in my PS2 collection.

[quote name='jer7583']Mana Knight is a pretty harmless kid, but every once in a while he drops these gold nuggets of nerdiness that make me think he's a joke account.

Playing nothing today, because I'm driving to Milwaukee today to see Dream Theater live. Should be a blasty blast.[/QUOTE]Me nerdy???? Yeah right. :p

[quote name='jimfoley16']Wow.[/QUOTE]If you saw the other thread (check post #228) I have quite the backlog (over 200 games, many of them being RPGs). Yeah I may love one AAA game and trying to beat it, but at the same time, I may have others which I haven't even bothered to touch (because there's no way I have the time to go through all games I want to). A few certain series get priority over anything else (like a Ratchet, Xenosaga, most FF games, etc. though.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Holy hell man, I never realized I how so many games not played. I Just went through my entire game collection cutting games from it, since my backlog is fucking huge. Now the question is what to do with all these games? Take all them and trade them in for store credit? I'd rather not sell them on here unless it was in one big ass bundle since shipping would kill me. Any games you guys think should I keep and not get rid of?

hack Part 1

hack Part 2

hack Part 3

hack Part 4

hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth

Dot. Hack G.U.Vol 2: Reminisce

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Ape Escape 2

Ape Escape 3

Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed

Arc The Lad: End of Darkness

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

Dawn of Mana

Dynasty Warriors 5

Front Mission 4

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai

Ghosthunter

God Hand

Growlanser: Generations

Headhunter

Headhunter: Redemption

Kessen II

Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Nano Breaker

Resident Evil 4

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection

Romancing Saga

Rygar: The Legendary Adventure

Shining Force Exa

Shining Tears

Siren

Suikoden Tactics

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Virtua Fighter 4

Way of the Samurai

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Ninja Gaiden

Far Cry Instincts

Doom 3

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Conker: Live and Reloaded

Breakdown

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords remove

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil

Dead or Alive 4

Virtua Fighter 5

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II

Champions of Norrath

Champions: Return to Arms

Demon Stone Forgotten Realms

La Pucelle: Tactics

Maximo Vs. Army of Zin

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

Nightshade

Monster Hunter

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Rise of the Kasai

Mark of Kri

Tales of Legendia

Area 51

Killzone

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

Drakengard

Drakengard II

Forever Kingdom

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

Bouncer

Extermination

Shadow of Rome

Clock Tower 3

Dark Cloud

Darkwatch

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Atelier Iris 2: Azoth of Destiny

Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm[/QUOTE]You have many of the same games I have in a backlog. ;)
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I was thinking Ebay myself selling them in one big bundle, that way I don't have to make a lot of trips back and forth to the PO. I had over 250 games and with this cut to my collection I am now down to a slimmer 115 games total in my PS2 collection.[/QUOTE]I use to have 206 PS2 games, but now I'm done to 175. That's still way too many, but it's just too hard for me to downsize it more than 25 more.

Just got back home, about to play a game.

[quote name='zewone']Knocked out four more colossi in Wanda.[/QUOTE]

isn't wanda engrish for wanderer?

i'm going to attempt Twin Snakes for the millionth time. not sure why I can't get through MGS1. maybe it's because I already read the digital graphic novel.

Playing Half-Life 2 on my newly built PC. ;)

I might buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R., tonight, after work.

i just got the import copy of naruto shippuuden accel! its pretty damn fun, i never bought any of the ultimate ninja or narutamit ninja games so it was really a spontanious thing to buy (if you call owning swap discs already spontanious)

[quote name='Apossum']isn't wanda engrish for wanderer?

i'm going to attempt Twin Snakes for the millionth time. not sure why I can't get through MGS1. maybe it's because I already read the digital graphic novel.[/QUOTE]

Naw, Wanda is Engrish for ZA SHADOU OVU ZA CORROSSUSSUU

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw, Wanda is Engrish for ZA SHADOU OVU ZA CORROSSUSSUU[/QUOTE]
I could listen to this all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back