Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice... picking up freedom 2 also... i wont be home much anymore so portables will be FTW from now on for me.[/quote]

yeah I played and loved the first one, so I might as well pick up the second. besides, school is fixing to start and I need something to do during my free time on campus.

Just finished Rogue Galaxy, and debating with RPG I should play next, Shadow Hearts 1, Persona 3, or Odin Sphere. Any suggestions?

[quote name='SL4IN']just got home. downloading the dynasty warrios gundam demo because I'm interested and it comes out next week. other than that, dleleted the stranglehold demo (played, finished, and enjoyed it) and probably going to play some more dead rising.[/QUOTE]

You were so stoked on bioshock and now you're not even going to play it first thing? Did your copy not come or something?

Trying to get the last ranked achievements in Gears of War for the boomshot and hammer of dawn. This is especially hard because there will always be some asshole that joins in the game who will never let you pick up your weapon of choice and when you do they'll stand in your way and shoot at you and get you killed. I'm also replaying san andreas, castlevania: dawn of sorrow, and annoyed at gauntlet: seven sorrows' saving concept.

[quote name='jimfoley16']You were so stoked on bioshock and now you're not even going to play it first thing? Did your copy not come or something?[/quote]

yeah, actually ups didn't bring our package that had all of our bioshock's into work today, so I won't get to play bioshock until tonight. it sucks pretty bad.

[quote name='SL4IN']yeah, I slipped there. Atlus published them. but you're wrong too. spike didn't develop these games, sting did.[/QUOTE]
Foiled! That's what I get for going from memory.

Finally at the last dungeon in Tales of the Abyss, and boy did they forget this was an RPG for the last 15 hours. I think there's been maybe 1-2 dungeons in that time, and all the rest is flying back and forth, watching dialog, and the occasional boss battle.

Currently I'm getting my PS2 import gaming on right now. I've started playing four new fighting games last week, Melty Blood Act Cadenza, Garou: Mark of Wolves, Last Blade 1&2, and Samurai Shodown Tenkaichi Kenkakuden (aka SS 6).

Bit overwhelmed with all the 2-D fighting goodness. Of the 4, I think I like Last Blade 1 & 2 the most. I missed this game on the Dreamcast and it could be one of the best 2-D fighters I have ever played. Its also pretty import friendly as you can change each version to their English versions in the option menu. I just wish I could play this online on the Japan PS2 network.

Samurai Shodown is also a very good title. It uses the Atomiswave engine so the 2-D visuals are really nice. It also has almost every SS character to ever grace the 2-D versions of the seires. Fans of SS should import this immediately.

Garou Mark of Wolves is pretty tough. I'm still trying to learn the ropes with it but overall its a very good game. It reminds me of SF 3 Third Strike.

Melty Blood Act Cadenza is a really fun game too. This one seems to have an easy learning curve and pulling out good combos is pretty easy. This game should be popular among my friends who normally don't play fighting games because it is easy to get into.

Next up for me is Macross: The Super Dimensional Fortress for PS2. I loved the cartoon (Robotech fan) and I heard this is the best videogame iteration of the series. I can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back