Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='whoknows']Hopefully won't be too bad. I can run FEAR on high..thats pretty good, right?[/QUOTE]
Hmm...maybe.

Everything seems like high requirements to me, since I refuse to pay more than $70 for a GFX card. :p

[quote name='zewone']Hmm...maybe.

Everything seems like high requirements to me, since I refuse to pay more than $70 for a GFX card. :p[/QUOTE]
Mine is kinda...not very good anymore, but I spent more than $70 on it :p

I really want to play the game though, so even if I have to play on low I will....hopefully I can get away with medium. If not that's ok.

Maybe the demo will make me not want the game. It's supposed to be good though, huh?

Yeah, Bioshock is great. I couldn't imagine enjoying it on a SDTV or on low settings on a PC.

A lot of the enjoyment comes from the amount of immersion, which I don't think would work as well in low res.

I haven't as much played a demo for the game, but I know I'm picking it up on 360 tomorrow, and I have to say, I haven't been this excited about a game since half lfe 2 was approaching release.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, Bioshock is great. I couldn't imagine enjoying it on a SDTV or on low settings on a PC.

A lot of the enjoyment comes from the amount of immersion, which I don't think would work as well in low res.[/QUOTE]
Well I'm hoping low still looks good if I cant get it on medium.

Otherwise, I may hold off on it if not though. I hate paying $50 for a PC game :p

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, Bioshock is great. I couldn't imagine enjoying it on a SDTV or on low settings on a PC.

A lot of the enjoyment comes from the amount of immersion, which I don't think would work as well in low res.[/QUOTE]

I think with even a shitty TV it's good as long as you got a good sound system hooked up.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think with even a shitty TV it's good as long as you got a good sound system hooked up.[/QUOTE]
Defending your SDTV there 'eh? :)

I'm not much of an audiophile; I can appreciate a good sound system but it's not very important to me.

Few times have I wanted to yell at a game as much as I did tonight.

Yunalesca
, FFX. Mega-Death. Had just removed zombie from everyone. fuck.

I cannot wait until I got into work today. there will be a nice brand new copy of bioshock sitting and waiting for me.

Finally got the demo downloaded. About to try it out to see if it runs ok.

Moment of truth...

EDIT: Ok, I'm not buying it :lol:

Not because it won't run, but apparently my card doesn't have something the game needs. It ran good at first, but as soon as you get to play all I see is fire.

[quote name='gunm']Gonna download Super Metroid shortly. Doubt I'll have time to play tonight, though.[/QUOTE]

that zelda rip off turbo graphix game looked pretty good... whenever it is I get a Wii I'll have such a huge backlog of VC games to play...

[quote name='red flare graf']I didn't like the Eternal Sonata demo at all. I think the combat system sucks.[/QUOTE]You are the only one I know so far who didn't like the Battle System in Eternal Sonota. I knew many who hated RPGs who loved the battle system. It's definitely my favorite demo on 360 and most wanted 360 game all year.

[quote name='Chacrana']Mmm mmm... can't wait to git me that Bioshock LE.[/QUOTE]

ugh, half hour more before they open.

had to get a PC LE myself since the 4 Madison stores stopped taking 360 pre-orders a while ago. not that I have anything to play it on, but maybe someone out there will trade (or I can ebay it for money to buy a 360 LE off of Ebay with.)

[quote name='SL4IN']I liked both games, but I may be a little biased because atlus is my favorite dev, so I generally like everything they do.[/QUOTE]
You realize Atlus developed neither game, right? Spike made both of them.

[quote name='pete5883']You realize Atlus developed neither game, right? Spike made both of them.[/quote]

yeah, I slipped there. Atlus published them. but you're wrong too. spike didn't develop these games, sting did.

Wunderin' what Bioshock's LE is like? Basically, take the shitty CE that was Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE, and make it not suck cock on a routine basis.

Big f'in box, flimsy, but it's a throwaway box anyway:
IMG_1456.jpg

J00 can see the figure on the other side:
IMG_1457.jpg

The game and bonus discs actually come in a DVD-style case, which is weird... but it saves space, so I like it:
IMG_1458.jpg

This figure isn't a piece of shit. Nooo. Not some cheap plastic dildo-like apparatus. This shit's made of like... pewter or some shit. It's solid and surprisingly heavy. It's maybe like 8 inches tall. If you have any reservations about buying this because you're worried about the quality of the figure... well, buy it. It's nice:
IMG_1459.jpg

So yeah, it's a good LE. The Gamestop guy said that all the Gamestop's in the area sold out of the LE (preorders) for the PC, so git it quick if you want it and your stores have it.

only 30 more minutes before I go into work and mine is waiting for me.

in other news, I finished the stranglehold demo and I have to say, I'm impressed. it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

[quote name='SL4IN']only 30 more minutes before I go into work and mine is waiting for me.

in other news, I finished the stranglehold demo and I have to say, I'm impressed. it was a lot better than I thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting to try the demo for that. I really should before it comes out next week.

Been anticipating that one for a while. It could be ridiculously good, even though Midway is involved in the game.

[quote name='Chacrana']I keep forgetting to try the demo for that. I really should before it comes out next week.

Been anticipating that one for a while. It could be ridiculously good, even though Midway is involved in the game.[/quote]

yeah I thought the same thing. after I saw the midway logo, I'm like "I hope this is good" but after I played it, it turned out to be a pretty good game.

the movement is flud, the bullet time (tequila time) is pretty cool, the animations are awesome and the bullet mode is a nice touch. it's like a suped up version of max payne. the only thing I didn't like about the demo was that when ever you come in contact with a table, bench, rail, you automatically slide across/jump over it which to me got annoying because when you do that it automatically goes to bullet time. and, literally everything blows up in the game, so when everything is in bits and pieces all over the room, it gets cluttered and makes it hard for you to move.

I'm hopin' that the PC version of Stranglehold is as well optimized as something like Bioshock is. Because this runs ridiculously well even on older hardware.

[quote name='seanr1221']Bioshock bioshockj bioskch bsip[apsdasdkfas[/quote]All I know is if CAG turns into GAF with respect to Bioshock, it gets its own thread and is banished from this one.

I thought the Bioshock LE was a GS exclusive?

Also,
Chac, are you gonna break your figure on purpose to the get the artbook by mail too? Don't worry, I won't tell. ;)

I'm still undecided on keeping my Bioshock LE pre-order @ GS. Also have the Amazon $49.99 regular still pending and cancellable...gah.

I didn't realize there was an art book you could get as a result. But no, I prolly won't coz... too much effort. And art books are so stupid.

That Big Daddy figure looks like shit.

I'm glad I didn't buy the LE.

[quote name='Chacrana']I didn't realize there was an art book you could get as a result. But no, I prolly won't coz... too much effort. And art books are so stupid.[/quote]

the half life 2 art book wasn't stupid.....

Persona 3- I'm stunned at how much I like this game. I haven't felt this excited about a game in years. I can tell I'm really going to get into this.

Last Gen will never die!

So I wasn't going to able to pick up Bioshock until Friday, and thus I was going to finish up Splinter Cell DA and some other previous-gen games. Now I'm probably going to get it tommorrow, so...nevermind.

Tonight, probably Kameo.

I'm going to finish up and beat Rogue Galaxy tonight. Put in close to 80 hours so far. Loved every minute of it.

I finally opened MGS Portable Ops today, but couldn't figure out what to do on the mission. I might just start over, since it has been several months since I last played.

I wanted to play Resistance with CAG tonight, but didn't work out. Turned out for the better, because I got an offer to see a movie with a friend, lol. Played some DiRT demo and Dynasty Warriors GUNDAM demo. Also progressed more in Ridge Racer 7.

Well, I did end up picking up Bioshock LE, but now that I'm hearing scattered praise for the Skate demo, I'm prolly gonna to do that instead. Time to erase the Bioshock demo and queue up Skate later on this evening. Maybe I'll play Super Metroid while I'm waiting for it to download.

just got home. downloading the dynasty warrios gundam demo because I'm interested and it comes out next week. other than that, dleleted the stranglehold demo (played, finished, and enjoyed it) and probably going to play some more dead rising.

[quote name='Brak']That Big Daddy figure looks like shit.

I'm glad I didn't buy the LE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that paint job looks damn terrible, unless it's just the flash that's washing it out.

For whatever reason, I've put Persona 3 on hold to play... Growlanser 2. It's probably because I recently pre-ordered Growlanser V (which hasn't been getting hot reviews, but it's limited to only print run! omgz... also pre-ordered Wild Arms 5 despite HATING WA3). I find myself enjoying it A LOT more than I did when I originally beat it a few years ago. I already beat it again, and I'm in the process of playing through the game a second time to get the rest of the endings.

I'm planning to play Growlanser III after I'm done with II; I haven't as much as removed G3 from the case since buying the game on release day, so I'm looking forward to trying that out soon.

Then I'll get back to Persona 3, along with Growlanser V and Wild Arms 5. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten next-gen consoles at all. >_>

I gotta few minutes of Suikoden II out of the way today.. gotta love PSP sleep mode!!!

I also got Radilgy over the weekend for DC! I aint played it yet tho...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I finally opened MGS Portable Ops today, but couldn't figure out what to do on the mission. I might just start over, since it has been several months since I last played.

I wanted to play Resistance with CAG tonight, but didn't work out. Turned out for the better, because I got an offer to see a movie with a friend, lol. Played some DiRT demo and Dynasty Warriors GUNDAM demo. Also progressed more in Ridge Racer 7.[/quote]

That DiRT demo is amazing.

Been playing Resistance on medium the first time through. I'm probably about halfway through and am enjoying it immensely so far. I'll have to hop online after I beat it.

finished the dynasty warriors gundam demo and while I like it, I don't think it will be a day 1 purchase. I think next week I'm going to pick up monster hunter freedom 2 on the psp.

[quote name='SL4IN']finished the dynasty warriors gundam demo and while I like it, I don't think it will be a day 1 purchase. I think next week I'm going to pick up monster hunter freedom 2 on the psp.[/QUOTE]

nice... picking up freedom 2 also... i wont be home much anymore so portables will be FTW from now on for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back