Custom GamerCards - New Site Opens Up: GCDesigner

AnotherSociety.png

This was my second on the livecard site. Let me know what you think?

I've been using that site for a while now, and I have no idea how you guys are making those so damn good. How do you get the image to cover up gamer pictures? How do you change the stars and fonts? I recall the editing program there being very basic, I'm very confused...

Too big, but other than that it looks great.

Sofa- I think its done using html/manual instead of that editing program that they let you use.

[quote name='DT778']Too big, but other than that it looks great.

Sofa- I think its done using html/manual instead of that editing program that they let you use.[/quote]

That sounds very complicated...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I've been using that site for a while now, and I have no idea how you guys are making those so damn good. How do you get the image to cover up gamer pictures? How do you change the stars and fonts? I recall the editing program there being very basic, I'm very confused...[/quote]

Its kinda hard to explain...its a lot easier once you create a basic one with the dev. and then edit by following the guides:

http://forums.livecard.net/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=7ef3e5f007098011432b03e3cfc345b5

[quote name='darthstrife']LP I'd still love a nice Lara Croft one[/quote]
Hmm....Give me a few days I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, I made a bomberman one:

LinkinPrime.png

Code:
http://my.livecard.net/57325/LinkinPrime.png
EDIT: I actually don't like this one too much so I think I'll be scrapping it or completely reworking it.

[quote name='DT778']Too big, but other than that it looks great.

Sofa- I think its done using html/manual instead of that editing program that they let you use.[/quote]
Made some changes;)
AnotherSociety.png

[quote name='anothersociety']Made some changes;)
AnotherSociety.png
[/quote]

Its great...but it looks a little too small now, seems kinda smushed...May I suggest making it a tad bigger with the cowboy a bit smaller.

[quote name='anothersociety']Thanks for the feedback everyone i just made another one let me know what ya think :)
anothersociety.png
[/quote]
:applause: That's awesome dude, I love how its totally different than anything out there. Suggestion...add a border to the games played..some of them blend in, specially the ones in the middle, but its not that big of a deal. Great job!

My Bomberman one sucked...one of my worst to date...I'll be removing it. Here's another Halo 3 one:
LinkinPrime.png

Code:
http://my.livecard.net/57486/LinkinPrime.png

The top right area looks empty, I tried adding rep, but nothing looks right...If anyone has any suggestions I'm open.

Hey Linkin :)
If/when you ever get the time/chance.. if you could make a template of the 360 card you made originally for Sean (then I copied LOL) and make it black? Don't link it it livecard, I wanna try and do more of that since I'm really liking that. So i just need a template from you :)

Thanks in advance man !

[quote name='ep2011']Wow Linkin! I didn't think it was possible, but these are better than the wii-tag ones you made![/quote]

Thank you! I'm not done with the Wii tags yet.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey Linkin :)
If/when you ever get the time/chance.. if you could make a template of the 360 card you made originally for Sean (then I copied LOL) and make it black? Don't link it it livecard, I wanna try and do more of that since I'm really liking that. So i just need a template from you :)

Thanks in advance man ![/quote]

You want it solid black, or like the PS3 card? If you need it the same color as the PS3 card, you can just copy that one and play with livecard.net

I do like the PS3 card and I'm trying to see what I can do. I'm doing well.. (well, for me at least LOL) but I have 2 questions.
I'm using Paint.net if that helps.

How can I get the "xbox360" logo from the white one to the black one w/o having all that white in the way?
Also..the 2 longer boxes, where the Name/gamertag and Wii Code/gamerscore go.. what's the dimensions on those?

[quote name='lilboo']I do like the PS3 card and I'm trying to see what I can do. I'm doing well.. (well, for me at least LOL) but I have 2 questions.
I'm using Paint.net if that helps.

How can I get the "xbox360" logo from the white one to the black one w/o having all that white in the way?
Also..the 2 longer boxes, where the Name/gamertag and Wii Code/gamerscore go.. what's the dimensions on those?[/quote]
Your best bet is to google search for bigger images, then use the "Magic Wand" tool and click on the empty white space, it will highlight the white, change the "Tolerance" percentage on top lower/higher until it only selects the white, then delete it. resize your image and you should be good to go.

Example: I used this image: http://members.aol.com/archerymonkey75/images/xbox 360 logo.jpg and used 30% Tolerance. Click on all of the white and press delete, white and grey checkered boxes represent the clear background. Click on any white between letters and numbers until you remove all you needed.

Well so far, so good here. I think I like what I made.

NOW I'm having trouble on livecard!?
I go to "Designer" and I open up the card I just made on Paint.net.. put the stuff in place (gamertag, game tiles, score, etc) and then I save it. I go to manage cards to edit the html further..but, the card I JUST made and saved.. isn't there.

Reason???? ?

[quote name='lilboo']Well so far, so good here. I think I like what I made.

NOW I'm having trouble on livecard!?
I go to "Designer" and I open up the card I just made on Paint.net.. put the stuff in place (gamertag, game tiles, score, etc) and then I save it. I go to manage cards to edit the html further..but, the card I JUST made and saved.. isn't there.

Reason???? ?[/quote]

The only time that happened to me is if I had a weird title for the gamercard like TransformersV.2 ....it doesn't seem to like spaces, periods, or any other characters. Save it as something simple, hopefully that will do it.

[quote name='lilboo']I thought "black" was enough.. lol[/quote]
Hmm...not sure then, the site has some issues from time to time, I'd say try it again, if it doesn't work, post a question on the forums and Lucid, the admin will address your issue.

Spent a few hours redoing mine tonight - added a Wii side to it.
Comments? I know a few things aren't exactly parallel/lined up - I'll fix that later if I start to feel really anal about it.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Spent a few hours redoing mine tonight - added a Wii side to it.
Comments? I know a few things aren't exactly parallel/lined up - I'll fix that later if I start to feel really anal about it.[/quote]

Might wanna shrink it down so the two pieces don't make a tower in 1024x768 browser windows. Looks nice side by side, but I had to realize what you were trying to do in order to view it that way.

[quote name='Surferflames']Might wanna shrink it down so the two pieces don't make a tower in 1024x768 browser windows. Looks nice side by side, but I had to realize what you were trying to do in order to view it that way.[/QUOTE]
True. I had to split it because the custom gamertag site has resolution restrictions, and I couldn't think of any other way to bypass them. I'll work on shrinking it down next weekend - thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Saigon916']For some reason when I pasted

http://my.livecard.net/46973/Hellz%20Saigon916.png

In other forums it says "The selcted theme does not exist or maybe a user private theme"[/quote]
The forum has to allow pictures otherwise it may not show up...check with the rules of the forum you're trying to post in. The correct way to do the link is this:

URL]

remove the spaces between the

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The forum has to allow pictures otherwise it may not show up...check with the rules of the forum you're trying to post in. The correct way to do the link is this:

URL]

remove the spaces between the tags and link. Test it out here and you should get the image instead of the code.[/quote]

Thx LinkinPrime it Works!!

[quote name='M1C13']anyway you could make a halo 3 Hyabusa armor one?[/quote]

Yeah...I've been wanting to make one too. As soon as time permits I'll see what I can come up with.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Mind making a FIFA 08 tag? I would greatly appreciate it...I suck at editing photos :/[/quote]

I usually suck at making cards that I have no interest in(no offense)...give me a couple good images of what you wan't and I'll see what I can do, otherwise you could use this one that another Livecard.net user made:

shnizzle66.png

Credit goes to: DaG Doctore
Code:
http://my.livecard.net/67584/shnizzle66.png

[quote name='LinkinPrime']LiveCard.net has decided to shut down...all the Livecard.net gamercards will no longer be good...bummer.[/quote]

Is this temporary? Why the sudden change?

[quote name='RudyPants']Is this temporary? Why the sudden change?[/quote]

Appereantly they ran out of money...

Bad News Everybody!
Over the past few months we have spoken to dozens of data centers to fix our speed issues, we were even ready to build a new beasty server but the costs for the bandwidth we require is a tad beyond what we are willing to pay out and the service in it's current state is useless... so we're saying goodbye.
It's not a decision we've come about lightly and we've tried considering many alternatives but we've had to step back and let it go, the dev area will remain available for about the next couple of days for you to grab anything you want to hang onto. We will likely have vanished by the 24th... sorry about the short notice, there we're some problems on my end.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their contributions to the community and apologise to you all for having to give up like this.
Regards,
LucidReality & The 3xodus
http://livecard.net/

Why didn't they just sell some advertising on the gamercards? Certainly someone would pay more than enough to cover their bandwidth costs. I mean, these livecards are all over the place.

bread's done
Back