Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

[quote name='jbz']Went to Target yesterday and today and it looks like they restocked their clearance game shelves. They had some decent games, but I didn't pick anything up. I've seen cheaper prices at some point, but there were some decent deals. Go check it out if you guys are in the area. Lots of DS/3DS games too.

[/QUOTE]

Was at Target Wed nite and they had a whole shelf of clearance games but hit and miss. LA Noire for $20, FO New Vegas $12ish, Transformers ROTF. And a bunch of shovelware too. Worth checking out but everything should be cheaper elsewhere this weekend.

Was tempted to go to Walmart to try and scoop some games. But didn't want to deal with it and figured Amazon will get everything and they pretty much did. Will probably stroll into Walmart and/or Best Buy before work and see if anything is left.

[quote name='person123']I seen someone camping at the Aiea one on Monday when I was there picking up some games, employees said those people were there since Saturday o_O

I think all the stuff I am going to get for BF is going to be online.[/QUOTE]

I saw those people. It was like a family of 4 or more and they had a TV in their tent! LOL. I don't know anything that is worth camping out that long for, c'mon people.

[quote name='boneless']I saw those on Fri but passed. Lucky you I guess! There wasn't really anything I wanted, just browsing.

BTW, I went to BB this afternoon and saw 6 people camping for BF already! Is it one of you people?!? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for passing :bouncy:

[quote name='boneless']So did anyone score a Batman AC and AA bundle for $28 at Walmart? That was a nice score.[/QUOTE]
I looked for that at the one in Pearl City but there wasn't a damned thing.

Went to Best Buy Aiea last night and they had a bunch of copies of the following:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3/360)
Batman: Arkham City (360)
Battlefield 3 (PS3/360)
Gears of War 3 (360)
Need for Speed: The Run (360)
RAGE (PS3)

All of them on sale for $30 (sans AC:R, which is $35).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raye']Went to Best Buy Aiea last night and they had a bunch of copies of the following:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3/360)
Battlefield 3 (PS3/360)
Gears of War 3 (360)
Need for Speed: The Run (360)
RAGE (PS3)

All of them on sale for $30 (sans AC:R, which is $35).[/QUOTE]

I didn't do any shopping yesterday. No way I'm getting pepper sprayed! :lol:

We're actually lucky, the BB BF online deals went live around 10pm our time so there was plenty of time to order. Something to keep in mind for any upcoming sales.

[quote name='boneless']I didn't do any shopping yesterday. No way I'm getting pepper sprayed! :lol:

We're actually lucky, the BB BF online deals went live around 10pm our time so there was plenty of time to order. Something to keep in mind for any upcoming sales.[/QUOTE]
Uncharted 3 wasn't there and that was the only thing I wanted. Got lucky and scored from BB.com, however, along with the Zelda 3DS.

I went to Walmart in town and one in Pearl City trying to score a Yakuza 4. There was nothing really left at PC, but Walmart town had tons of all the games on sale except Yakuza 4 (and that Batman AA/AC double pack). Just bought Heavy Rain DC for $15. Got Batman at BB because I had credit. Seeing how many games and what the games were , I have a feeling Yakuza was never available to begin with.

Went to target salt lake to checkout what they had and clearance and it was kinda empty. Did see a Gears of War 3 LE for $19.98 but I bought one last time so I left that one there. Hoping to see more stuff on clearance this coming week!

[quote name='jbz']I went to Walmart in town and one in Pearl City trying to score a Yakuza 4. There was nothing really left at PC, but Walmart town had tons of all the games on sale except Yakuza 4 (and that Batman AA/AC double pack). Just bought Heavy Rain DC for $15. Got Batman at BB because I had credit. Seeing how many games and what the games were , I have a feeling Yakuza was never available to begin with.[/QUOTE]
I went to Walmart PC yesterday to see if they still had Yakuza 4 but didn't find any. They did still have most of the $10 games from BF still ringing up at $10 like Blood Drive (PS3/360) / MJ Experience (PS3). I noticed they had orange dots on them and a sticker UPC probably why its still ringing up $10 since its a generic upc sticker.

I managed to find a Yakuza 4 at the town Walmart. It was buried in a shopping cart along with the other BF cheap games. This was last week.

BestBuy has Dead Space 2 CE for PC at $19.99 on their website. Instore says $69.99 but we all know how good they are at updating prices. Just pricematch to the website. I saw 2 left yesterday at Iwilei but I didn't buy any.

I dunno who else is following the BB thread about newly dropped game prices. Batman AC was $34.99 online and no store pickup. I remember seeing one, I think PS3, at Iwilei on Saturday. Should be able to pricematch since its not outlet. Post if you get it!

I saw :360: guitar hero warriors of rock for $29.99 and the wii version for $19.99 also. DJ hero 2 bundle was $9.99, all at iwilei.

Edit: sorry the gh wor is just the guitar bundle I think. Could be wrong though since I didnt examine it closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target by Stadium put in some new games in their Clearance bin. Dark Souls for $29.99, Deus Ex for $34.99 (Xbox) and $24.99 (PS3). There was some other Wii games and a PS3 Tiger Woods 12 Masters for $19.99. Surprised to see some fairly new games. I already own all of them so no buys for me.

Sort of OT, but has anyone used http://www.shiptohawaii.com/ before? I have read that people use this to get IKEA stuff shipped here and I was interested in knowing how well it works and the pricing. I also have a sister that have a spare 50" plasma TV she is willing to give to me, but problem is she lives in California. I was thinking this service might be useful, but I can't find much about it.

I've never used it, but remember hearing about it awhile back. The website has alot of links to articles in the paper. Seems like a good option since you negate the sales tax to CA and can get overall reduced shipping costs.

If any of you guys get the @Gamer mag and want to get Mass Effect 2 on the 360 for $5, there's one more copy at the BB near Iwilei.

I wish there was a PS3 copy to get the dlc included but oh well. Has anyone tried pm'ing NFS the run from Target to Bestbuy for $19.99?

[quote name='boneless']Has anyone tried pm'ing NFS the run from Target to Bestbuy for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

No sir. In an unrelated topic I will be checking out Toys R Us this morning and will report back with some possible clearance drops. Might fuel a thread revival?

[quote name='btt']No sir. In an unrelated topic I will be checking out Toys R Us this morning and will report back with some possible clearance drops. Might fuel a thread revival?[/QUOTE]

FYI I called yesterday about SR3 CE for PS3 and they said none. I did the NFS the run pm to BB and they did it not problem, didnt even call for stock.

Sorry for the lateness but to follow up on my post from earlier Toys R Us is a wasteland. Same goes for Stadium Target clearance. Hope that saves a trip for anyone feeling brave enough to search for drops.

I should have mentioned that. I went to TRus last Saturday to pick up a BB hoop for my kids. On the plus side, if anyone's still looking for a $5 Rage, BB aiea has a bunch for either console. :D

[quote name='boneless']I should have mentioned that. I went to TRus last Saturday to pick up a BB hoop for my kids. On the plus side, if anyone's still looking for a $5 Rage, BB aiea has a bunch for either console. :D[/QUOTE]

Jumped on that Rage the other day as well. Doubt I'll ever play it but I couldn't deny it for $5.

Rage is a good game to play for $5. The ending sucks balls, but worth $5.

I bought Tiger Woods for $35 at Stadium Target. I think there's one PS3 left but the cashier said they are going to change the price soon.

Both Best Buy's have Final Fantasy XIII-2 in stock (both consoles), but only the Iwilei one has the novella version (360 only).

[quote name='jbz']Rage is a good game to play for $5. The ending sucks balls, but worth $5.

I bought Tiger Woods for $35 at Stadium Target. I think there's one PS3 left but the cashier said they are going to change the price soon.

Both Best Buy's have Final Fantasy XIII-2 in stock (both consoles), but only the Iwilei one has the novella version (360 only).[/QUOTE]

Really? I must have missed the novella. But I wasn't really looking for it so my loss. What exactly does it describe? A recap of FF XIII?

I played a few beginning missions of Rage and kinda like how compact the missions are. I'm more into short bursts of gaming and Rage plus NFS the run are like that so I was glad when it hit $20.

The novella was in these bigger plastic boxes protecting it. I think it's just a recap like you suggested. It's not much from what I read and I'm sure there' scans of it online. I'm not a FF or video game collector so it didn't matter to me. The trade in value of the PS3 was higher on Amazon so I went with that one.

re: Rage, make sure you do all the side missions before the main story ones because unlike Borderlands and other games, you can't go back in and finish them once the story ends.

[quote name='jbz']The novella was in these bigger plastic boxes protecting it. I think it's just a recap like you suggested. It's not much from what I read and I'm sure there' scans of it online. I'm not a FF or video game collector so it didn't matter to me. The trade in value of the PS3 was higher on Amazon so I went with that one.

re: Rage, make sure you do all the side missions before the main story ones because unlike Borderlands and other games, you can't go back in and finish them once the story ends.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

I can't believe they would do that. It'll add so much replay value. Glad to hear you got a TW 13. At least it indicates our targets are sync'd with the mainland ones for glitches. Not so much with BB, but its getting better there.

Walmart in Kahului (Maui) has WoW Cataclysm: Collector's Edition for $25. It's still $70 everywhere else and around $60 online. Last I checked they had about 6 left.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Walmart in Kahului (Maui) has WoW Cataclysm: Collector's Edition for $25. It's still $70 everywhere else and around $60 online. Last I checked they had about 6 left.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that walmart had a clearance section now and they had choke of those things maybe 40 of them but last I checked it was $40 here at Pearl City one. I want them to drop to $20 then I'd defiantly get one.

They also have Halo Reach LEs, but they have them at $40 and they aren't selling any. They're not really selling anything in the clearance section; everything is still there every time I check. They had the Rock Band AC/DC Fan Pack for $20, then $15, then $10, so I'm waiting for them to do the same thing on Reach and Cataclysm.

Has anyone pre-ordered ME3 for the gift card? I was thinking of getting Max Payne 3 this way and was wondering if they follow through on this.

You know I thought the WoW Cata collectors edition couldn't get lower than $20 I saw 2 weeks ago, I went in today to the Pearl City store and it was $8...thats like 90% off retail price. Guess they really wanted to get rid of that stuff to drop it that much.

Used dollar game guides at book off pearl ridge mall.
Particullarly, I saw homefront collectors guide for a dollar.
There are some others but none were for new releases.

Wait, are you sure you don't mean LIMITED edition? Legendary is the one with the statue of the team; Limited is the one with the journal and stuff.

Good price on the Limited edition anyways, but if that's really the Legendary edition I advise you run back and buy them all; right now.

Anyone of you guys PC game? I want to finish the spec ops missions from COD MW2 and need a co-op person for some of the missions. It doesn't have matchmaking like MW3 and most of my friends use consoles.

i think sears ala moana is getting rid of their games.

notable mentions in the $20 clearance bin:
crysis 2 limted edition
dragon quest monsters 2

@boneless
sorry. only have a 360

Checked TRU Aiea today. Bought the last copies of Skyrim and SC2, all that was left was one copy of BF3, one of Rage, couple of AC:R, and a bunch of the Sims w/e editions.

Got lucky at BBY Aiea - their PC department was happy to price match for a copy of D3. Cheers to them.

So who scored what this BF peeps? Did anyone brave going to an opening? I got most of my stuff from BB online including a $250 laptop for my kid, NFS MW, AC3, and various other electronics. Also got Forza Horizon from MS store but really wanted the SWTOR CE :cry:.

Only got blu-rays from Amz/BB and a couple copies of Dead Island for friends. Can't wait to start gaming again, just two more finals.

bread's done
Back