Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

zv4cxu.jpg

Rage and AC:B for $9.98 at Stadium Target.

[quote name='btt']
zv4cxu.jpg

Rage and AC:B for $9.98 at Stadium Target.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Maybe have to pick up one of each for my nephew. He's getting a PS3 for xmas.

Or you could just give him your copy of Rage that you bought at Best Buy a few months back for $4.99. Mine is still collecting dust.

[quote name='btt']
Rage and AC:B for $9.98 at Stadium Target.[/QUOTE]

DEAD. Went to Target yesterday and all copies of both games are completely gone.

[quote name='Lemstar']Was it one of you who got the second-to-last copy of AC3 LE at Best Buy Honolulu?[/QUOTE]

Was it really that good? I have a hard time justifying CE now since I have a few unopened.

I suppose I should go check it out again at some point. The Resident Evil 5 poster they still had up manages to depress me every time I go there, though.

[quote name='Lemstar']probably because everyone who lives here is out surfing everyday

mirite[/QUOTE]

Think it has more to do with the fact that deals lag behind the mainland a bit over here.

Nah...who am I kidding. We stay surfing with Guy Hagi brah!

Or some of us work. I mostly follow steam and amazon dd sales nowadays. Just wait until fall when next-gen consoles are out. Game prices should drop even faster to make room at BB. BTW Far Cry 3 is pretty terrific if anyone is on the fence about it.

[quote name='Lemstar']probably because everyone who lives here is out surfing everyday

mirite[/QUOTE]

Bodyboarding* and as Boneless said, working. I'm sure to be more active on the boards as Summer is upon us and school is pau hana.

Usually surfing when I'm not working. Havent seen many decent deals around the island. Hope some of the CAG dudes got on this last swell!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Stop reinforcing the stereotype, lol.[/QUOTE]

Not a negative stereotype at all. Not as bad as people asking on XBLN if I live in a grass hut and eat lots of coconuts when I had an xbox.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Stop reinforcing the stereotype, lol.[/QUOTE]

Is it really a stereotype if its true (for me at least...haha).

I discovered Steam last year and consequently have not touched any of my consoles since then and completely forgot about this thread until today. Hi, boneless!

Where do you all surf? I usually am at Alas or Sandy when it's not too crazy

Hey crabbit! You might want to start saving money since the steam summer sale is coming up soon in July. 16 weeks of pure bliss. Rotating daily sales with and practically everything gets on sale at some point. Key point is not to buy something you want until it hits the special daily sale or until the end if it hasn't hit a daily by then.

I will be visiting Honolulu in July. Can anyone recommend any good Japanese import stores? I am primarily interested in Nintendo games and Nintendo merchandise, but I am also interested in stores that would have a lot of anime items as well.

I can't think of any off the top of my head. Most of those types of stores have gone out of business.

I will be visiting Honolulu in July. Can anyone recommend any good Japanese import stores? I am primarily interested in Nintendo games and Nintendo merchandise, but I am also interested in stores that would have a lot of anime items as well.
I can't think of any off the top of my head. Most of those types of stores have gone out of business.
Did toys n joys in aiea close also? I know the Kaimuki one did. That would be my first choice if any of them are still open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty long time since anyone posted here, I just seen the Gamestop at Ala Moana is closing this month, guess they wont be relocating within the mall.

bread's done
Back