DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

If anyone is willing to hook me up with a DA 2 PS3 preorder item, I would appreciate it. :lol:

[quote name='blindinglights']Yes it canceled after putting in CC information and it wouldn't work for the GameStop representative when he tried making the order on the website either. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, sorry, I just didn't understand why you were reporting it as working if you didn't actually make the order.[/QUOTE]

No worries. Seems to be working for some and not for others. Yay, Gamestop. Is there a location stipulation? I have no idea.

[quote name='Saint Noir']If anyone is willing to hook me up with a DA 2 PS3 preorder item, I would appreciate it. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Well considering people have been getting only one code for multiple orders, I don't think anyone has any to spare lol.

I called and since my order was processing I was issued a manual refund by the representative for $20.

The guy asked me if I had got the code from a message board, which leads me to believe he was asking about CAG. I told him I just searched for coupon codes and it came up.

I also asked if VSHIP could be applied, but he said that even if the codes do not explicitly state it, they cannot be stacked.

It's definitely true that some stores got extras. I picked up mine with no problem at a GS for the 360. Last one that was not claimed via a pre-order :)

I am leery to jump on this, I have a feeling the price is gonna crash soon. Is it worth selling my amazon preorder and getting another one?

[quote name='Sulik2']I am leery to jump on this, I have a feeling the price is gonna crash soon. Is it worth selling my amazon preorder and getting another one?[/QUOTE]

Probably. The price may level out a bit, but you definitely won't lose money. Especially if you list today.

[quote name='giantqtipz']reviews have been good, but not great. 8 - 8.5. majority claim that its a step backwards because so many things have been simplified.[/QUOTE]

Reviews all seem to say a lot is better, but many changes are not for the better. Still looking forward to it a great deal (can understand why others are disappointed in certain aspects though).

[quote name='blindinglights']I called and since my order was processing I was issued a manual refund by the representative for $20.

The guy asked me if I had got the code from a message board, which leads me to believe he was asking about CAG. I told him I just searched for coupon codes and it came up.

I also asked if VSHIP could be applied, but he said that even if the codes do not explicitly state it, they cannot be stacked.[/QUOTE]

DId the same thing. The just took 20$ off one of the games.

Thanks for the code and thanks CAG! Now i dont feel bad about get two copies of the Signature Edition.

My FYE preorder is STILL "Processing..." ... I think I'm cancelling and just getting a PS3 copy. Eff it.

Edit: Yep, I went ahead and cancelled. When I decided to cancel, the order status changed to "On Hold". That was fucking nice of them to NOT email me and tell me that.... On top of that, the refund may not post for 3-5 days. Sigh. fuck you, FYE.

Has anyone tried just walking into Best Buy or target? I would be very surprised if some inventory of the Signature Edition hadn't made its way to those stores since they made it first.

[quote name='Rincewind']Has anyone tried just walking into Best Buy or target? I would be very surprised if some inventory of the Signature Edition hadn't made its way to those stores since they made it first.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing. I'm at work so I won't be able to check those stores out for a few hours.

My Best Buy had no Signature Editions at open (maybe they had some pulled for preorders - IDK), although EVERY shelf label in the store for DA2 read "Dragon Age 2: Signature Edition" for some reason.

I ordered from GS.com when I got home

I was able to get 1 PC and 1 PS3 using 2SAVE20 online.

As for reviews: averaging a 85 on Metacritic right now. I read a lot of them and most say story is not as good and end in a semi cliffhanger which may be resolved in upcoming DLC/expansion or DA3. As far as the streamlined menus and action RPG focus, that is a matter of opinion. If you liked the more strategy focused and micromanagement then you will feel this is a step back. And if you are like me and felt they spent way too long in the menus with all the micromanagement then DA2 is an improvement over Origins. I loved the Origins and the DA2 demo so I am happy no matter what reviews have to say.

Got an shipping confirmation email on ps3 version but not PC. That was fast.

Yeah I just canceled my EA order for the 360 version. Just gonna stick with the two Signature Editions. Try to get rid of one and the second one too possibly. If not Ill keep one. That 2save20 really made it nice cause I was gonna buy the DLC on Xbox anyways.

Honestly thinking about grabbed 2 more. But I dont want to have to try and get rid of 3 extra copies.

[quote name='Optical']I was wondering the same thing. I'm at work so I won't be able to check those stores out for a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Are you in Lincoln?

[quote name='turboice']has anyone had these shipped from GS are they legit?[/QUOTE]

I just received my PC version I ordered yesterday and it is indeed the Signature Edition.

Just a heads up. If you guys visit the larger Gamestop stores in your area (the ones with higher traffic in terms of sales), there's a good chance they have extra copies of the Signature Edition on hand. I pre-ordered the standard edition this past Saturday and they upgraded me to the Signature Edition when I went to pick it up just a few minutes ago. It's probably a first come, first serve basis though. My store had at least 8 extra Signature Edition copies for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 (16 in total).

[quote name='Ma12kez']Just a heads up. If you guys visit the larger Gamestop stores in your area (the ones with higher traffic in terms of sales), there's a good chance they have extra copies of the Signature Edition on hand. I pre-ordered the standard edition this past Saturday and they upgraded me to the Signature Edition when I went to pick it up just a few minutes ago. It's probably a first come, first serve basis though. My store had at least 8 extra Signature Edition copies for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 (16 in total).[/QUOTE]

I went in to one today while doing my rounds and they said I would have to wait till Thursday to see which preorders are picked up and which aren't. Is this not standard procedure?

[quote name='Brenex']I went in to one today while doing my rounds and they said I would have to wait till Thursday to see which preorders are picked up and which aren't. Is this not standard procedure?[/QUOTE]

Nope, some employee's dont even give a crap. I couldnt find any of those though

Yea I walked in and the one of the two girls at the front said she would have to ask if they could sell it. The manager came up from the back and told me that. I would try some of the further gamestops just in case but I have 2 I ordered online this morning and I still have one supposedly coming from gohastings.

[quote name='Brenex']I went in to one today while doing my rounds and they said I would have to wait till Thursday to see which preorders are picked up and which aren't. Is this not standard procedure?[/QUOTE]They had already set aside Signature Editions to the 5 people that pre-ordered before the January deadline. All the other copies were just extras. The manager said he usually gets extras in terms of special editions because they're considered a "high traffic" store. So maybe try and visit a standalone Gamestop store? One that's not located in a mall perhaps.

[quote name='Ma12kez']They had already set aside Signature Editions to the 5 people that pre-ordered before the January deadline. All the other copies were just extras. The manager said he usually gets extras in terms of special editions because they're considered a "high traffic" store. So maybe try and visit a standalone Gamestop store? One that's not located in a mall perhaps.[/QUOTE]

Just checked EVERY store that i have been to in the past year, only one had an extra, it was for PS3 and was already being held for someone.

After tommorow, im just gonna give up and open my standard

[quote name='Ma12kez']They had already set aside Signature Editions to the 5 people that pre-ordered before the January deadline. All the other copies were just extras. The manager said he usually gets extras in terms of special editions because they're considered a "high traffic" store. So maybe try and visit a standalone Gamestop store? One that's not located in a mall perhaps.[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that your store is more of the exception than the rule, every store around here I checked with said they had no extra copies of the signature edition. Just something to keep in mind before you start sending everyone out to their local Gamestop in vain.

[quote name='vherub']I haven't seen any numbers, but I would imagine EA printed a few million of the signature edition.[/QUOTE]
Depending on how accurate you are with your estimate, that would provide enough counter-incentive for me to not feel as though I have to buy the game for multiple platforms. I'm content with just my single PS3 order.

Has anyone checked with GameStop regarding the DLC codes that normally come with the standard edition?[quote name='SteveGo']It seems to me that your store is more of the exception than the rule, every store around here I checked with said they had no extra copies of the signature edition. Just something to keep in mind before you start sending everyone out to their local Gamestop in vain.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to question the validity of the responses I got via phone calls, but from the sound of it, none of the stores around me are selling them outside of people who pre-ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a signature edition for 360 in store. Only had to call a few locations before finding one that had an extra copy...

[quote name='Nirvo']Got a signature edition for 360 in store. Only had to call a few locations before finding one that had an extra copy...[/QUOTE]

Can you post the SKU for the 360 version from your GS receipt?

Checked Best Buy just for fun while running errands... not a single SE for any platform. So, they either held them back and did it right or they will have some angry customers. :lol:

I'm just gonna buy the Sig. PC version used in a month for half price and download all the DLC via torrent (the mod files are universal, and its not really pirating lol).

meh no 360 versions near me. guess i might as well try to get a standard version for $25-30 from the EA store tomorrow with the birthday and $20 codes i still have

Got my package from GS today and it IS in fact the signature edition. I ordered BOTH the PS3 & PC versions so if you ordered from GS then you WILL get the signature edition in the mail.

Hope this helps.

PS3 SKU: 270644
PC SKU: 640189

[quote name='airjumpman']Can you post the SKU for the 360 version from your GS receipt?[/QUOTE]
is it the 6 number digit right under the name of the game?

[quote name='Dwarfman']Got my package from GS today and it IS in fact the signature edition. I ordered BOTH the PS3 & PC versions so if you ordered from GS then you WILL get the signature edition in the mail.

Hope this helps.

PS3 SKU: 270644
PC SKU: 640189[/QUOTE]
Thanks I also ordered one of each from GS. Was hoping it was the right version. Now hopefully my GoHastings order is also right.

[quote name='$hady']Ordered 2 PC copies received 1 PS3 code.... Gonna email them and try to get another 1, I don't care what sytem.[/QUOTE]

What PS3 code did you get?? There's no entering of anything to redeem PS3 pre-order bonuses from what it looks like.

As of 2pm, the Gamestop in Roosevelt Field Mall, in NY (Long Island) had at least 4 of the PS3 and 360 versions available.

[quote name='Kaiser499']PS3 version sold out.[/QUOTE]

Really? I just checked online now and was able to add the PS3 version to my cart. Placed my order for one about 30 minutes ago after the Overstock deal fell through.

[quote name='Donkey132']A gs near me had someone cancel their pre-order for a 360 version so I got it :D[/QUOTE]

What's the Gamestop SKU for the 360 version?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Really? I just checked online now and was able to add the PS3 version to my cart. Placed my order for one about 30 minutes ago after the Overstock deal fell through.[/QUOTE]
I think there are 59 copies currently left on the PS3. The PC version is sold out.

the gamestop stock locator will show in stock untill all pre-orderes are picked up.... tried calling all stores in the area in vain, they said all the copies they got are pre-order only ~.~

This because best buy lost all their copies :D D: D: :D yay best buy... get to store pick up and after waiting in line for 45 minutes to see an agent I was told they had the copy in the back but couldnt find it lol 3 hours later they said they showed delivered to their warehouse but couldnt locate it, sorry so sorry lol Never ever ever trust bestbuy on your pre-orders lol

41 PS3 copies left

Edit: Did anyone else see that :ps3: copy go on ebay for $27.27 shipped? Wonder how much profit he made :D LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back