DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

Yeah I recall this happening to another game actually where it sat at pending and it was sitting at my door when I got home from work. Hopefully I'll be surprised today or tomorrow. Itching to tear it open and play already.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Is anyone's order status still "pending"?[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine is still pending. Ordered PS3 version around 12:30pm PST.

Just went out while on my lunch to a Gamestop located close by to my work, and they still had a bunch of sig. eds for the PC and PS3. I picked up a copy for the PC b/c I do not feel like waiting for Gamestop.com to ship my order in a year's time. Thought I'd give others the heads up that stores may still have some copies in store. Anyways, can't wait to get home and dive in, finally! :)

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yes, mine is still pending. Ordered PS3 version around 12:30pm PST.[/QUOTE]

JUST got my shipping notification from GS with a tracking number. Shipping USPS (which should still arrive before this weekend). Shipping confirmation even says Signature Edition, so here's to hoping the send the right thing ;-)

Called a local GS and he said 1 is still available for 360 and even though it was pre-ordered, if it's not picked up by Friday it is up for grabs! Here's hoping the guy does not realize how valuable it is :D

Ordered mine a couple days ago with Value Shipping or whatever it's called (The cheapest) and it's expected to get here on the 11th.

Got shipping confirmation for my order that was under review. Two copies of the PC signature edition with 2save20. Now to sell these two to make up for my personal copy coming from gohastings!

Been looking on ebay and man they are expensive lol, I would pay 75-80 considering you cant find them but wow some of these are going off ebay for 130-140! make that cash!

Lol, i gave up and contacted EA. Ended up getting a code for the 5 Weapons and some Gloves free. (Didnt unlock the Soundtrack and Exiled Prince though, the guy said he would get back to me on that one)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, i gave up and contacted EA. Ended up getting a code for the 5 Weapons and some Gloves free. (Didnt unlock the Soundtrack and Exiled Prince though, the guy said he would get back to me on that one)[/QUOTE]

How were u able to get them to do that?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']JUST got my shipping notification from GS with a tracking number. Shipping USPS (which should still arrive before this weekend). Shipping confirmation even says Signature Edition, so here's to hoping the send the right thing ;-)[/QUOTE]

Mine is still pending. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

For those intersted - gamestop doesn't have to hold their instore pre-orders anymore based on their 48 hour rule. Might have some luck getting a copy locally. I picked one up this morning.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']Got mine (PS3) in the mail this morning (value shipping)[/QUOTE]

Got mine as well this morning, same value shipping and for the PS3. :D

[quote name='nbballard']For those intersted - gamestop doesn't have to hold their instore pre-orders anymore based on their 48 hour rule. Might have some luck getting a copy locally. I picked one up this morning.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing.

I remembered to call, only about 20 minutes after they opened to ask if they had any signature edition copies for the 360.

Was able to score the Signature edition without pre-ordering.

Plus I had a single use 15% off coupon at that score.

Hope the game doesn't disappoint.

[quote name='confoosious']If you list it on ebay, don't do it this way: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dragon-Age-...300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c3c6be0c[/QUOTE]
Wow. That just kills the bidding action. I've fallen for that sort of gimmick before, where I thought I had found an auction that no one wanted to bid on. Only afterward, I realized the maximum amount I bid combined with the shipping cost ended being roughly equivalent to MSRP in retail stores. It pissed me off so bad. Luckily, someone else outbid me at the last minute. eBayers are crazy.

[quote name='confoosious']Succes!!! Found a copy that someone declined to pick up.

Thanks to the people who offered to sell me one at cost.

If you list it on ebay, don't do it this way: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dragon-Age-...300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c3c6be0c[/QUOTE]

lol guy's gonna get in trouble.

i don't see any good reason to sell these on eBay at this point. it was more profitable to do so before Wednesday. I wonder if some of these guys really know that with the fees and all you would net out to only a couple of bucks.

[quote name='Antipodes']You'd think Ebay would have an algorithm to disallow auctions where the shipping cost was 3000% more than the cost of the item.[/QUOTE]

I thought it did, maybe for only certain items or maybe it's the way I have my account set up. But, many times it wouldn't let me set a shipping price that I knew was right because it said it was too high...

I think he gets around it by putting a high handling fee. ebay doesn't let you ship for more than $4 for most games. He probably put $85 as his handling fee. douche.

I think he circumvented the shipping limit on video games by placing the game under the "other" category in electronics. Whatever the case, let's report him. As confoosious said, eBay does not appreciate people trying to take a cut out of their profits by charging insanely high s&h.

[quote name='rainking187']Got my PS3 copy today, but there's a slice across the spine of the game like someone just cut right into it while opening the box. :/[/QUOTE]

Mine had that also. I suspect someone messed up while opening the box or the box was packed quite tightly by EA :(

Also, can someone please tell me if I was supposed to receive codes via email as a bonus for pre-ordering or not?

If anyone finds an extra PC version at their Gamestop, please let me know. The Gamestops around me aren't letting go of their preorders even though it is past their 48 hour deadline for preorders.

[quote name='confoosious']ebay is gonna suspend his account. they do not like when people circumvent (every time i say that word I think of GOB) their fees.[/QUOTE]It does help when auctions like this get reported, which at least I've done. Hopefully others will report it, he gets the auction pulled and his account suspended/canceled.

Ugh, called 3 gamestops, all told me the same deal about how you had to preorder and whatever even after I asked about the 48 hour window. Crikey.

[quote name='shrike4242']It does help when auctions like this get reported, which at least I've done. Hopefully others will report it, he gets the auction pulled and his account suspended/canceled.[/QUOTE]

Already done. It's bad enough that eBay is already extremely pro-buyer. Douchebag sellers like that only give them more justification.

[quote name='Banky']Ugh, called 3 gamestops, all told me the same deal about how you had to preorder and whatever even after I asked about the 48 hour window. Crikey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and that's even when they told me to call back today. They told me past Wednesday night, all preorders become fair game. Too bad the employees probably bought them all out to put them on eBay.

I hope he didn't send anything yet because it's gonna be so ugly if he did.

His listings would be cancelled. Buyers have 100% right to claim cancelled transaction or Ebay just auto refunds to buyers. Then he will be so screwed. lost games and lost shipping cost and time and effort.

that would be the saddest day of his ebay experience. I can't believe he has so many feedbacks, but he doesn't know this risk.

Very sad and stupid

[quote name='prateeko']Mine had that also. I suspect someone messed up while opening the box or the box was packed quite tightly by EA :(

Also, can someone please tell me if I was supposed to receive codes via email as a bonus for pre-ordering or not?[/QUOTE]

I think you can go here and find the code:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/

edit..that doesn't appear to help if you don't actually have the code. Sigh.

Ok - in this thread it says for the :ps3: version (but I think it also applied to the :360: version)...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283955&page=10

"In order to get the Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield, just register the game on the BioWare Social Network."

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/bonus_items/

Everyone who does it knows the risks. eBay is just really bad at doing anything about it. There are people with feedback in the high hundreds and eBay doesn't do shit about it.

My fav employee told me today that Friday is the "release" day for preordered copies, because its 48 hours AFTER the games release date. And he's reputable, one of my favorite employees who actually printed me up a DA2Sig Ed preorder code since he knew I was going to another store to get a Sig Ed :) So check back Friday friends

[quote name='hanabie']
His listings would be cancelled. Buyers have 100% right to claim cancelled transaction or Ebay just auto refunds to buyers. Then he will be so screwed. lost games and lost shipping cost and time and effort.

that would be the saddest day of his ebay experience. I can't believe he has so many feedbacks, but he doesn't know this risk.

Very sad and stupid[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what this means? It's more likely that he scams the buyers because he can issue them a refund... of their purchase price, less shipping, right?

On the one hand, I sometimes think people who are so stupid or so greedy (yes greedy) to buy things at ridiculously high shipping deserve to get ripped off. If something smells rotten, it is.

On the other, these kind of sellers suck balls.

---------

The way I phrased it was "any chance someone didn't pick up their preorder?" to indicate your realize you're a dummy for not preordering and you're hoping to get lucky. The guy was really nice about it.

[quote name='Kezmer']guess Ill take a drive to Best Buy see if any are sitting around. I doubt it this late in the day but who knows[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if any stores other than Gamestop actually got Signatures?

Completely forgot I had the signature edition preordered, I thought I had cancelled it a while ago. Sure enough showed up at my door today. Oh well, I may eventually get around to playing it.

[quote name='gregnied']Completely forgot I had the signature edition preordered, I thought I had cancelled it a while ago. Sure enough showed up at my door today. Oh well, I may eventually get around to playing it.[/QUOTE]
Any chance its the PC version and any chance you would sell it? ;)

[quote name='Optical']Any chance its the PC version and any chance you would sell it? ;)[/QUOTE]

Its the 360 version... And yes i'd sell it to a fellow Husker :lol:

[quote name='gregnied']Completely forgot I had the signature edition preordered, I thought I had cancelled it a while ago. Sure enough showed up at my door today. Oh well, I may eventually get around to playing it.[/QUOTE]

you should sell it and buy regular edition! lol...

unless money is not a concern for you (but you are here, then i assume ur a cheapass).

or u have a very high morality that you will never sell games at high price.

bread's done
Back