Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

There isn't any kind of videogame store in downtown, that I know of. If you cross over and hit Hwy 75 and go north you could go near Greenville and find an EB and a Gamestop. If you go farther you will hit a BB, TrU and a CC.

[quote name='Santurio']what is it you're trying to find?[/quote]

lol anything and everything..

its no big deal i guess... i just found it odd that theres no cc, bb, or eb near me...not one store with games...

oh. yeah, there's stuff around, but not right in Downtown. Going north on 75 would be your best bet, maybe about 4-5 miles, and you would run into all of them. If you exit Lovers Lane go east to the light and then go north on Greenville on the west side of the street you would see an EB and about a block farther north you would find a Gamestop unless they've closed one of them by now. If you head back to the hwy go north again about 2 exits and exit Park Lane, you will find BestBuy and CompUSA. Tru is just north of BB if you take the service road. One more exit north, I don't know this street, and you will find CC.

That BB on 75 is actually pretty good. They have some stuff that I can't find at others stores and they have that new Magnolia home theater section.

anyone familiar with Lewsville? I might be going up there for a few months to stay with my sister.. but I dont know shit up there.. and she wouldnt be able to tell me shit either.. any independent gaming stores or anything? LMK, thanks :D

I went to the best buy in lewisville after work yesturday. There was only a few games, someone got there before me or they didn't have crap to begin with. I will try the store in plano later today.

I hit up Frisco yesterday to check it out, and nothing really. I'm going back tommorow morning to see if they had some of the stuff pulled. After that, I'm hitting McKinney, and depending on how much time I have left, I might hit Plano too. So that'll make 3 of us (toocool, Sabo, and myself) that are hitting Plano. Here's hoping there's something good.

hey guys, if anyone is hitting this best buy sale could you snag a copy of prince of persia two thrones for me? it says there's none in our district but who knows.

Also, I think we Dallas CAG'ers should unite and trade if anyone sees alot of a good game. Too bad i don't really have the cash to prebuy, some of these games are REALLY dropping alot.

[quote name='sabo']hey guys, if anyone is hitting this best buy sale could you snag a copy of prince of persia two thrones for me? it says there's none in our district but who knows.

Also, I think we Dallas CAG'ers should unite and trade if anyone sees alot of a good game. Too bad i don't really have the cash to prebuy, some of these games are REALLY dropping alot.[/QUOTE]

I had no luck at the frisco or mckinney best buys. They didn't have a single game. Anyone else have any luck?

i haven't tried yet because i heard about this sale late (just now), but i've had the best luck at the park lane/75 store (that santurio mentioned) and the one way out by loop 12/ i-20 (or is it i-30)

The BB in Lewisville had these deals with some 'demo' sticker but its sealed like the rest . Saw this yesterday night

Baten Kaitos origins for GC $16.99
Yakuza for PS2 $15.99
Godfather for XBOX360 $19.99

[quote name='banpeikun']i haven't tried yet because i heard about this sale late (just now), but i've had the best luck at the park lane/75 store (that santurio mentioned) and the one way out by loop 12/ i-20 (or is it i-30)[/QUOTE]
Yeah that one on Park Ln is awesome. They always have quite a few of the sale games. The one in Oak Cliff is usually prety good too. I didn't even know about this sale until late today so I didn't get a chance to check.

[quote name='dpatel']I had no luck at the frisco or mckinney best buys. They didn't have a single game. Anyone else have any luck?[/quote]

Yep, I was at McKinney at open, and I met another CAG there. From there, I managed to get

Shaman King GBA
Killer 7 PS2
Onimusha 2 PS2
Lunar DS
King Kong DS
Valkyrie Profile PSP.

After that, I met up with my mom at Starbucks, then went to the Plano BB. I grabbed a few of what was left there,

Yu-Gi-Oh Xbox
King of Fighters Xbox
One Piece PS2
and I grabbed Fire Emblem 2 for GBA, even though it wasn't part of the sale.

On my way to work tonight, I went to the Frisco BB, and they had Harvest Moon GC and a few Legends of Wrestling, I also found Street Fighter Anniversery Collection for Xbox, which I had them hold, but I forgot to go back for it.

I made sure to leave games I didn't want at all 3 stores I went to, but I'm thinking I should have just grabbed what I could for CAGers.

[quote name='banpeikun']Any chance of you trading that Valkyrie Profile reibeatall?[/quote]

Actually, yeah. I don't have a PSP, but I knew if I left it, some SD or FW would grab it, so I wanted to share with the CAGers. I'd prefer to trade, because selling it seems just like eBaying it.

oops forgot to check this thread. yeah, reibeatall, i was lookin for the ps2 prince of persia.

That plano best buy is the only one i've seen that has any of that fire emblem left, and i guess the one piece game that i left at the plano best buy reibeatall picked up. i was so close to picking up samurai champloo but my friend from school beat me to it by less than 5 min, and he found out about it through ign, so funny.

Did a CAGer pick up FF crystal chronicles? cuz when i left there were 2 there but i dont have a GC/Wii and i heard its not very fun without hooking up to the GBA.

[quote name='sabo']oops forgot to check this thread. yeah, reibeatall, i was lookin for the ps2 prince of persia.

That plano best buy is the only one i've seen that has any of that fire emblem left, and i guess the one piece game that i left at the plano best buy reibeatall picked up. i was so close to picking up samurai champloo but my friend from school beat me to it by less than 5 min, and he found out about it through ign, so funny.

Did a CAGer pick up FF crystal chronicles? cuz when i left there were 2 there but i dont have a GC/Wii and i heard its not very fun without hooking up to the GBA.[/quote]

Yeah, I grabbed Fire Emblem after your tip, thanks! And again, I picked up that last One Piece. I saw the guy who had the last FFCC at Plano, but neither of the other two stores I went to had any left.

as a side note, has anyone gotten those coupons from the CAG coupon pack to work??

they're almost 5 dollars off any game on any system basically.......i usually am not too brave about these things but they've reported mucho success with it and i was gonna try it out later this week.

edit: the store is best buy

Yeah, I printed off one of the $5 off coupons and bought something with it. I don't remember what, exactly, but I remember that it worked.

I have brand new DDR arcade steel platform by Intec. I'm selling it for $89. Anybody interested? Pick up only, in Plano, Tx.

Has anyone been checking out the Office Depots? The one's near me aren't closing down. I really want a laptop, but I hate to check if they aren't discounted enough as it is quite a drive for me. Last I checked, laptops were only 5% off. Have they gotten any cheaper?

I have passed the one on Central a few times but I haven't gone in. They have signs all over it saying it's closing but I just haven't been compelled to check it out.

hate to be nitpicky but i believe the chain is compUSA and yeah i've been a couple of times but so far it hasn't been worth it, if anyone can report any good finds i'll go check it out. im really looking for a flat panel monitor for my desktop.

Yeah, all the CompUSA's are closing in the DFW area.

They still had lots of games a couple of weeks ago, but only because the discount was still only 10%.

It's hard for me to shop there because the store is setup the exact same way as when my Tower Records closed. Same signs and everything...

Check out Movie Trading Company. I went into the Frisco location the other day and noted all kinds of cartridge games. I'm guessing since MTC is part of the Blockbuster chain, BB funelled much of their cartridge games to them - that's my guess anyways. They never used to have plastic at this location before (that I remember) but here is alot of it now.

TexTuna

[quote name='TexTuna']Check out Movie Trading Company. I went into the Frisco location the other day and noted all kinds of cartridge games. I'm guessing since MTC is part of the Blockbuster chain, BB funelled much of their cartridge games to them - that's my guess anyways. They never used to have plastic at this location before (that I remember) but here is alot of it now.

TexTuna[/QUOTE]

Movie trading co isn't apart of blockbuster, I thought the same thing but when I asked an employee they told me other wise. The MTC all carry games for just about all old systems: ps1, n64, snes, etc. I have seen many rare games there but they are usually exspensive. All I have traded in a few games in there and they require the original box, the trade in prices are pretty good.

MTC is very overpriced on the rare stuff but really reasonable otherwise. Maybe I'm just bitter that I don't want to spend 60 bucks on a Greatest Hits Fair condition FFVII.

I like them for the less rare stuff that I got rid of years ago (NES stuff) that I wanna try out again.

Ya that is true some of the rare stuff is a bit exspensive. The other day I found all 3 karaoke revolutions, the total was like $50 and got like $150 for them on ebay.

[quote name='toocool17']Movie trading co isn't apart of blockbuster, I thought the same thing but when I asked an employee they told me other wise. The MTC all carry games for just about all old systems: ps1, n64, snes, etc. I have seen many rare games there but they are usually exspensive. All I have traded in a few games in there and they require the original box, the trade in prices are pretty good.[/quote]

They used to be owned by Blockbuster, so that's why people think they are.

[quote name='reibeatall']They used to be owned by Blockbuster, so that's why people think they are.[/quote]

They still have a bunch of games in blockbuster boxes too.

I swear that CAGs keep coming into my store, but I feel weird asking them "Hey, are you a CAGer?", because if they aren't, I'll look like a retard.

[quote name='reibeatall']I swear that CAGs keep coming into my store, but I feel weird asking them "Hey, are you a CAGer?", because if they aren't, I'll look like a retard.[/QUOTE]
what store do you work for?

[quote name='red flare graf']I'll be in Dallas this weekend for Sounds of the Underground. Someone should suggest some shit for me to do on Saturday. :)[/QUOTE]

Based on the last 7 weeks, it'll probably be raining on Saturday.

bread's done
Back