Dan's Saikyo Dojo: Fighter Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaymenreinfection6fp.jpg

I have to agree that SF:II animated movie was the best video game movie I've ever seen, with Fatal Fury in 2nd... Mortal Kombat was okay... but partially because I saw it when I was young in Puerto Rico (yes, with spanish subtitles). It gives me good memories, but that's pretty much it.

SF II: The Animated Movie... without all that rock stuff and dubbing the US release had, was by far the best movie I've seen for a fighting game. The original soundtrack was so good.

Mortal Kombat was alright, but for a video game movie, I liked Resident Evil(both of them) better...

Tools? Are you a fuckin idiot? Just because someone likes something gives you no right to insult someone... Rest assured I am very displeased with that comment. That's some pretty wack shit you brought to this thread.

[quote name='MarkMan']Tools? Are you a fuckin idiot? Just because someone likes something gives you no right to insult someone... Rest assured I am very displeased with that comment. That's some pretty wack shit you brought to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Sorry m'am, won't happen again. Back to Tekken :roll:

Everyone gets so pissy, Jesus. Alright, I'll cut off my balls and talk about how great 3D fighters are in a nice manner.

[quote name='The VGM']Everyone gets so pissy, Jesus. Alright, I'll cut off my balls and talk about how great 3D fighters are in a nice manner.[/QUOTE]

you are the one who has been acting all pissy. No one cares if you voice your opinion, but you need to stop being so verbally abusive and hostile with your opinion

[quote name='CaseyRyback']you are the one who has been acting all pissy. No one cares if you voice your opinion, but you need to stop being so verbally abusive and hostile with your opinion[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, I might *gasp* hurt someone's feelings!

[quote name='The VGM']Yeah I agree, I might *gasp* hurt someone's feelings![/QUOTE]

you are not hurting anyone's feelings. You are acting more like the kid who sits behind you on an airplane who kicks you and whines the whole time to get his way.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']you are not hurting anyone's feelings. You are acting more like the kid who sits behind you on an airplane who kicks you and whines the whole time to get his way.[/QUOTE]

Never knew ranking on people was the same as kicking and whining. Thanks for coming out.

[quote name='The VGM']Never knew ranking on people was the same as kicking and whining. Thanks for coming out.[/QUOTE]

yea thats great. just continue the asshattish behavior and see what happens.

and what the hell is ranking on people?

I haven't posted in 2 day but it doesn't matter cause nobody's even talking about fighting games anymore. I'll check back to see when the VGM flameing has died down. Also If VGM pisses you off, just ignore him, simple.

Is everyone done viewing my masterpiece? I'd like to delete it now.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I haven't posted in 2 day but it doesn't matter cause nobody's even talking about fighting games anymore. I'll check back to see when the VGM flameing has died down. Also If VGM pisses you off, just ignore him, simple.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, go play Tekken and work on that spelling.

apossum: sure i think it's had its run

rodimus:there's been alot of discussion about SCIII and whatever else was at that show. mainly we're all disappointed that there won't be a SF4. rumor has it that capcom will present it during the TGS... so we're going ot have to wait about 2 weeks for that.

anyways, i was playing with cody in SFA3 and damn he's fun! anybody know of any good strategies to use with cody?

Dammit, I really wanna get SFA3 for the DC. I rented it once for the PS1, and all I remember is how supremely awesome it was.

I like VGM on this thread, but it just get's really annoying when he starts getting bitchy for a couple of pages... So stick around, and keep your ego in check.

[quote name='evanft']Dammit, I really wanna get SFA3 for the DC. I rented it once for the PS1, and all I remember is how supremely awesome it was.[/QUOTE]

Download it.

[quote name='evanft']Dammit, I really wanna get SFA3 for the DC. I rented it once for the PS1, and all I remember is how supremely awesome it was.[/QUOTE]

I do to, but I can't seem to find it for cheaper that 30+shipping on ebay.

::regrets not buying it last year after seeing it complete for $17.99 at EB:: =\

[quote name='Purple Flames']I do to, but I can't seem to find it for cheaper that 30+shipping on ebay.

::regrets not buying it last year after seeing it complete for $17.99 at EB:: =\[/QUOTE]

Read above post

[quote name='The VGM']Read above post[/QUOTE]

If I like a game I'll go out and support the developers and actually buy the game. If I d/l it I'll appreciate it far less.

[quote name='Purple Flames']If I like a game I'll go out and support the developers and actually buy the game. If I d/l it I'll appreciate it far less.[/QUOTE]

None of the money you'd pay for it would goto Capcom.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Doesn;t matter. A legit copy is a legit copy, and I'd rather pay money to play the fruits of their efforts.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='gigan54']apossum: sure i think it's had its run

rodimus:there's been alot of discussion about SCIII and whatever else was at that show. mainly we're all disappointed that there won't be a SF4. rumor has it that capcom will present it during the TGS... so we're going ot have to wait about 2 weeks for that.

anyways, i was playing with cody in SFA3 and damn he's fun! anybody know of any good strategies to use with cody?[/QUOTE]

I'm still skeptical about a SF4, but I would love to see it. Also Neo Geo BC will come out for the PS2 in Japan this winter. That was quick. Fighters don't stay in the arcades to long anymore. I remember waiting for Street Fighter 2, Killer Instict and Mortal Kombat for my SNES, and it seemed to take forever.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I do to, but I can't seem to find it for cheaper that 30+shipping on ebay.

::regrets not buying it last year after seeing it complete for $17.99 at EB:: =\[/QUOTE]

Oh shiz, didn't realize SFA3 was on the 'cast. I'll have to save up for that(after I get ahold of MvC2.)

Maybe gamecrazy has it for cheaper than that-- you can special order it through them, though they gouge ya with $6 shipping. they sell MvC2 (DC) for $12.99.

VGM-- it's always nice to have a complete copy. I love looking at my copies of Melty Blood and MB: ReAct. (or "jacking off to them" as you put it in a PM :lol: )

[quote name='Apossum']Oh shiz, didn't realize SFA3 was on the 'cast. I'll have to save up for that(after I get ahold of MvC2.)

Maybe gamecrazy has it for cheaper than that-- you can special order it through them, though they gouge ya with $6 shipping. they sell MvC2 (DC) for $12.99.

VGM-- it's always nice to have a complete copy. I love looking at my copies of Melty Blood and MB: ReAct. (or "jacking off to them" as you put it in a PM :lol: )[/QUOTE]

And in Mame, when you didn't show up.

[quote name='The VGM']And in Mame, when you didn't show up.[/QUOTE]

for the tourney? I was half cagging and half writing papers....trust me, it would've been a waste of time, i'm not in top SFA3 shape ;-)

It's pretty fast, there's a bunch of interesting characters, and there's a lot of easy combos, like Guilty Gear x2, but of course the really good ones that do a lot of damage are pretty difficult to pull off. there's 3 attacks and a parry button and you can dash all over the place. the sprites are bit chunky, but the animation is always a smooth 60 fps, with kick ass backgrounds and the music is really tasteful and well done.

A link to Magic Box. Pictures of Street Fighter Zero 3: Double Upper, VF5, Samurai Spirits: Tenka Ichi Kenkakuden, Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star.)
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Hokuto no Ken looks very cool, it's Arc Systems so I'm expexting to be fast and have crazy combos. I loved the anime when I was a kid, I'd love to see the newer version.

It's nice to see SFZ3: DU will have Eagle, Yun, Maki, and Ingrid. Still the game's 7 years old, but what else would you expect from Capcom.

Also I just saw video of Urban Reign. Paul and Law from Tekken will be playable characters. The game looks sweet, like a beat-em up should. Not like these poor atempts I've seen lately.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Also I just saw video of Urban Reign. Paul and Law from Tekken will be playable characters. The game looks sweet, like a beat-em up should. Not like these poor atempts I've seen lately.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I've been watching that game for the past month... I usually don't get games so ghetto (j/k), but seeing as the Tekken team is putting this game together, I will prob pick this up... also, there is specualtion that not just paul and law are in the game... maybe markman can answer this...?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Rey Mysterio Jr. :D[/QUOTE]

That's who he reminded me of. I was like that looks like Rey Mysterio!

[quote name='The VGM']That's who he reminded me of. I was like that looks like Rey Mysterio![/QUOTE]
Yeah, when I saw that I had to see it again and it just looks so much like him.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, when I saw that I had to see it again and it just looks so much like him.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if his style is wrestling. That would be crazy.

[quote name='The VGM']I wonder if his style is wrestling. That would be crazy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we've had wrestling for the bigger guys, but luchador wrestling would be cool to see.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Are the SF anniversary controllers any good? Now that they're $12.99 I'm thinking about picking one (or two) up. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

For PS2. And they've been $13 for like 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back