Dan's Saikyo Dojo: Fighter Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a SF controller for PS2, I like it, but the Dual Shock PS2 controller is already good for 2D fighters (I mainly got it cause it was cheap.) The one for X-Box woud be useful tough.

i hate the dual shock controller. the d pad sucks for CvS2. i use my anniversary controller to play if i dont use my arcade controls.

SFA3DU has in fact caused a stir of interest for myself... They better release that shit on PS2 along with SFA2 Gold and SFZ changer as an anniversary collection, the non-arcade ports are cool. VF5 looks awesome, definitely looking forward to that.

[quote name='2poor']i hate the dual shock controller. the d pad sucks for CvS2. i use my anniversary controller to play if i dont use my arcade controls.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've never had problem using it for CvS2, infact I love it for Zangief, it makes doing 360 grabs so easy. The only controllers I really don't like for 2D figters are the X-Box and Gamecube for obvious reasons.

Anyone ever own a Turbo Touch controller for SNES, Genesis, or NES. I owned one for SNES and after some practice I loved it. I never meet anyone that actually liked it besides me.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Anyone ever own a Turbo Touch controller for SNES, Genesis, or NES. I owned one for SNES and after some practice I loved it. I never meet anyone that actually liked it besides me.[/QUOTE]
Haha yeah, I had it for the Gen. It was blisterific.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Really? I've never had problem using it for CvS2, infact I love it for Zangief, it makes doing 360 grabs so easy. The only controllers I really don't like for 2D figters are the X-Box and Gamecube for obvious reasons.

Anyone ever own a Turbo Touch controller for SNES, Genesis, or NES. I owned one for SNES and after some practice I loved it. I never meet anyone that actually liked it besides me.[/QUOTE]

i have trouble doing half circles with yamazaki. doing his grab special out of a roll cancel is impossible on that d pad or any d pad.

I'd like to apologize to you ladies. It's just hard not to brag and poke fun when you're so good. You know what I'm saying? ;)

The footage was linked a few days ago, thank you though for those who haven't seen it.

Expect more videos on VGO soon, I'll be posting as soon as I get them up.

[quote name='MarkMan']The footage was linked a few days ago, thank you though for those who haven't seen it.

Expect more videos on VGO soon, I'll be posting as soon as I get them up.[/QUOTE]
I'll be on the look out for more clips. Any returning characters revealed yet? I would be happy with a Ogre return or King getting more A.King moves.

[quote name='PhrostByte']SFA3DU has in fact caused a stir of interest for myself... They better release that shit on PS2 along with SFA2 Gold and SFZ changer as an anniversary collection, the non-arcade ports are cool..[/QUOTE]

They won't... this is basacially an upgraded port of the GBA version with Ingrid added in, and they want to keep it exclusive to draw sales - the game is probably one of the only reasons I actually keep my PSP around.

SFA 3 and Darkstalkers... I hope SNK starts putting some fighters on it.

Yeah, out the box, HRAP is good. But some people prefer all Sanwa parts, something the HRAP lacks. The orignal HRAP although is highly customizable, and the case is beautiful.

I'm too lazy to put effort into getting a stick made, plus I'll only use it for fighters, but if someone gave me one I'd happyly take it.

[quote name='MarkMan']If anyone is looking for custom sticks I came upon another site recently, this guy is also a SRK member...

http://www.quartercircleforward.com/[/QUOTE]

I met that guy a few weeks a go at Otakon. he was selling sticks and had GGXX on display at his dealer's table. I'll order one from him once I get the cash.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yeah, out the box, HRAP is good. But some people prefer all Sanwa parts, something the HRAP lacks. The orignal HRAP although is highly customizable, and the case is beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Is the original the one with the metal case and green buttons?

The HRAP uses Seinmitsu (sp?) buttons, right? I've heard that people who aren't into competitions and what not prefer those because they're more durable than Sanwas.

wtf...? I'm gone for a day and VGM goes from Dan pink, to ghetto fab-ulouse? ...? case of identity crisis?

also, just as a pointer outer... I'm going to be at a solo art show opening this weekened promoting some art I worked on, so if you want to meet me in person, there's your chance (don't count on me looking pretty ;) )

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wtf...? I'm gone for a day and VGM goes from Dan pink, to ghetto fab-ulouse? ...? case of identity crisis?

also, just as a pointer outer... I'm going to be at a solo art show opening this weekened promoting some art I worked on, so if you want to meet me in person, there's your chance (don't count on me looking pretty ;) )[/QUOTE]

wtf are you talking about. ghetto fab-ulouse.

The new sig/av symbolizes the fact that I'm done with your scrubs. Me and Dan have moved on to more worthwhile things. I'll poke in from time to time just to remind you guys about how much you suck, but that's about it.

Rejoice and talk about retarded 3D shit now.

[quote name='The VGM']wtf are you talking about. ghetto fab-ulouse.

The new sig/av symbolizes the fact that I'm done with your scrubs. Me and Dan have moved on to more worthwhile things. I'll poke in from time to time just to remind you guys about how much you suck, but that's about it.

Rejoice and talk about retarded 3D shit now.[/QUOTE]

obviously your not done with us "scrubs" since you happened to reply to my post... but oh well... back to talking (which vgm seems to not like of what most of us say at all).

Luckly, the same group of people at my college have changed... it's now dominated by tekken players, so it seems to be going smooth now. I can whoop everyone there except for one guy (who seems to have no life other than fighters... he's a nice guy... but that's all he does). So far I am realizing I need to work on my mind games alot more and also fix up my juggling skills. I also want to start trying to be good with low-teir characters (mainly jack-5 and maybe Kuma)..

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wtf...? I'm gone for a day and VGM goes from Dan pink, to ghetto fab-ulouse? ...? case of identity crisis?

also, just as a pointer outer... I'm going to be at a solo art show opening this weekened promoting some art I worked on, so if you want to meet me in person, there's your chance (don't count on me looking pretty ;) )[/QUOTE]

This weekend as in Sep. 10th and 11th? And were's it gonna be?

[quote name='PhrostByte']VGM's MAME broke.. that's why he changed his sig to some dumbass crap album covers...[/QUOTE]

rofl, comment on a genre you have no idea about. Go back to polka or whatever stupid shit you listen to. You're lucky my mame doesn't work I woulda embarrassed you and got another perfect

[quote name='PhrostByte']Actually I like a lot of rap... it just so happens Hot Boyz suck.. BG and Lil Wayne suck ass.. as do you.[/QUOTE]

Hot Boyz, rofl. You're a dumbass.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Actually I like a lot of rap... it just so happens Hot Boyz suck.. BG and Lil Wayne suck ass.. as do you.[/QUOTE]

dude don't antagonize him. he was calming down until you mentioned him again.

[quote name='gigan54']dude don't antagonize him. he was calming down until you mentioned him again.[/QUOTE]

Is that dude in your sig from godzilla? He looks like it.

[quote name='The VGM']Is that dude in your sig from godzilla? He looks like it.[/QUOTE]

yup that's gigan a friend of mine turned a screenshot from godzilla vs. gigan and vectored it.

[quote name='The VGM']This topic is dead.[/QUOTE]

dude, it's only been a couple of hours. i'd give it about a day and a half to find out if it's truly dead or not.

1:57AM to 2:20PM is a couple of hours? If I was talking shit right now there would be AT LEAST 5 replies commenting on it, "dude".

I don't see the point of this thread. But while I'm here, where could I get good Guilty Gear X2 Reload FAQs? I'd like some tips on roman cancels and the such :).

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I don't see the point of this thread. But while I'm here, where could I get good Guilty Gear X2 Reload FAQs? I'd like some tips on roman cancels and the such :).[/QUOTE]

Here ya go-- I'm sure you can find something here.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=217

The point of this thread, ideally, is to talk about fighting games, but as you can see VGM has totally killed it. Hopefully the next one won't be such a trainwreck.

Everyone just add VGM to your ignore list.

I upped the difficulty level in SC to "Hard". I know, I'm friggin' hardcore.

[quote name='evanft']Everyone just add VGM to your ignore list.

I upped the difficulty level in SC to "Hard". I know, I'm friggin' hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Only pussies use ignore, aka you

What's awesome, is that I can't see VGM's post, so I'm gonna pretend he said:

[quote name='The VGM']I LIKE PINK BUNNIES![/QUOTE]

I like blue bunnies myself, but the pink ones can be okay sometimes. Orange ones, on the other, are totally lame.

[quote name='evanft']What's awesome, is that I can't see VGM's post, so I'm gonna pretend he said:

I like blue bunnies myself, but the pink ones can be okay sometimes. Orange ones, on the other, are totally lame.[/QUOTE]

LOL :rofl:

[quote name='evanft']Everyone just add VGM to your ignore list.

I upped the difficulty level in SC to "Hard". I know, I'm friggin' hardcore.[/QUOTE]

I play Third Strike on the highest difficulty.

What =P

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Have you guys seen the new tekken footage? http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/news/index.php?mode=article&newsid=413
That Dragunov guy is looking good to me so far. Lili isn't the kind of character I would use looks like a Ling/Julia style light hitter. All I know is I want Dark Ressurection like yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Cool two new characters, I'm playing through the home version of Tekken 5 right now. Do you think that Namco will release Tekken 5 DR as a greatest hits? I hope if they do, that I can transfer my memory card data to the updated game.

BTW, I'm a real fan of the Tekken 5 music. Though, some songs are missing from the BGM feature. I would like to know the title of the song that plays when you are at the games menus and character customization. Any idea?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I play dead or alive on age 99.. oh what? yeah! you heard me! I like boobs that bounce like the moon :)[/QUOTE]
:puke: rolento's got weird boob fetishes.

;)

[quote name='gigan54']:puke: rolento's got weird boob fetishes.

;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl: yeah... I barely play the game though, but I get my kicks from getting insane body physics to do their work :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I play dead or alive on age 99.. oh what? yeah! you heard me! I like boobs that bounce like the moon :)[/QUOTE]

I don't even notice the bounciness when I'm the one playing ...

:lol: I actually like T5's "physics" better...they just kinda jiggle, instead of bouncing like basketballs.

And DoA is so cheap on Very Hard....no matter what you do, you get countered like madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back