Dark Sector (PS3/360) Now $9.99 Shipped at Newegg

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang it! Which version do I get?!? AAAAAAH! The indecision again! From what I've read, the PS3 version has more detail in dark areas and loads faster, but was a port and may have frame rate issues on level 4.[/quote]

Where'd you hear that? From the few articles I've read, they're vritually identical. I doubt you'll notice much if any difference whichever you choose.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang it! Which version do I get?!? AAAAAAH! The indecision again! From what I've read, the PS3 version has more detail in dark areas and loads faster, but was a port and may have frame rate issues on level 4.[/quote]

I would go for the 360, I can see no detail loss. The iridescent and wet effects are fantastic and these are some really well done achievements, like I said above. About half come naturally, and the rest are fun to work for, none feel like a chore (except maybe one, "hero of the people"). The application of achievements in this title really furthered my enjoyment of the game. Also, the 360's controller is much better suited for this type of game. Not to mention there are a few but not very annoying quicktime events and the color coded buttons seem more intuitive for those on the 360's skittle buttons. Also, the D-Pad use is limited to a 4 way hat-switch function exclusively for weapons selection- making it a non-issue for the game.

Regardless of the console you choose to get this for, I can't stop pimping this game enough- especially at this price.

[quote name='joshythegreat18']Where'd you hear that? From the few articles I've read, they're vritually identical. I doubt you'll notice much if any difference whichever you choose.[/QUOTE]

IGN's insider thingee (they picked the 360 version as better overall though, but for reasons I don't care about-achievements and a better online browser interface).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I would go for the 360, I can see no detail loss. The iridescent and wet effects are fantastic and these are some really well done achievements, like I said above. About half come naturally, and the rest are fun to work for, none feel like a chore (except maybe one, "hero of the people"). Also, the 360's controller is much better suited for this type of game. Not to mention there are a few but not very annoying quicktime events and the color coded buttons seem more intuitive for those on the 360's skittle buttons. Also, the D-Pad use is limited to a 4 way hat switch exclusively for weapons selection- making it a non-issue for the game.[/QUOTE]

Doh! yeah, I just am having a horrible time choosing which format to standardize on. Both do some things I love and some I hate. And I thought there weren't many PS3 exclusives I cared about, but I forgot about Quantic Dream's new game, which will probably be must-buy for me, and Infamous will hopefully be cool...so they both have exclusives, so I probably shouldn't worry :whistle2:/

[quote name='Wolfpup']IGN's insider thingee (they picked the 360 version as better overall though, but for reasons I don't care about-achievements and a better online browser interface).

Doh! yeah, I just am having a horrible time choosing which format to standardize on. Both do some things I love and some I hate. And I thought there weren't many PS3 exclusives I cared about, but I forgot about Quantic Dream's new game, which will probably be must-buy for me, and Infamous will hopefully be cool...so they both have exclusives, so I probably shouldn't worry :whistle2:/[/quote]

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I wouldn't worry either way. Personally, I ordered the PS3 version because I'm sorely lacking in games compared to my 360 (2 compared to 20 something). Just pick whichever controller you prefer and order based on that. Just make sure you get your order in before they decide to stop with the free shipping.

Yes, I ordered this title as a stocking stuffer for my two broke brother's Christmas gifts. Those and one more title each and I am done.

Damn you guys. All these positive comments and praise for this game, I bit. $13 is a great price for a brand new PS3 game that so many people are saying good things about.

Ugh. The backlog grows every day.

Gave in and bit. Just can't control myself with these prices. But, I'm doing it in CAG fashion by ordering the PS3 version because there's a $5 pricegrabber rebate for it. No PG rebate for the 360 version. Otherwise, I'd get it for my 360 for true 720p and upscaled to 1080p vs PS3 version's upscaled 720p, achievements, and probably a bit better online experience (if anyone plays this game online).

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Gave in and bit. Just can't control myself with these prices. But, I'm doing it in CAG fashion by ordering the PS3 version because there's a $5 pricegrabber rebate for it. No PG rebate for the 360 version. Otherwise, I'd get it for my 360 for true 720p and upscaled to 1080p vs PS3 version's upscaled 720p, achievements, and probably a bit better online experience (if anyone plays this game online).[/quote]

I feel so old school whenever I look up all my purchases to see if they have a PriceGrabber rebate available. But hey, nothing beats having $5 checks come in the mail, that's like a meal for me.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Gave in and bit. Just can't control myself with these prices. But, I'm doing it in CAG fashion by ordering the PS3 version because there's a $5 pricegrabber rebate for it. No PG rebate for the 360 version. Otherwise, I'd get it for my 360 for true 720p and upscaled to 1080p vs PS3 version's upscaled 720p, achievements, and probably a bit better online experience (if anyone plays this game online).[/QUOTE]

How do u get the PG rebate?

[quote name='dta316']got this and the darkness. kudos!!! OP.[/quote]

That's a pair of awesome games for the ridiculously low price of entry.

damn. good reviews and it sounds like something i rather play than HAze. in for $14. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I ordered a 360 copy. Great deal.

[quote name='BossVersion1']PURCHASED. My first CAG deal. Thanks![/quote]
Welcome on board. Enjoy the deals.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Pulled the trigger.

13 is nice.

Next ill get haze whenever it hits the same price.[/QUOTE]

$9.99 at Gamefly. Top of front page today.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Gave in and bit. Just can't control myself with these prices. But, I'm doing it in CAG fashion by ordering the PS3 version because there's a $5 pricegrabber rebate for it. No PG rebate for the 360 version. Otherwise, I'd get it for my 360 for true 720p and upscaled to 1080p vs PS3 version's upscaled 720p, achievements, and probably a bit better online experience (if anyone plays this game online).[/quote]

I too am curious where you see this $5 rebate... didn't notice anything obvious on their page.

Played through this game a little while ago, definitely worth $13 for those of you who haven't played it. My only complaint is that the story was very poorly told. The gameplay more than makes up for that though.

[quote name='somahead33']$13! I have had no desire to play the game, but how can I pass up this price? Answer: I can't. Thanks OP.[/quote]

I'm with you man. Besides, this game is developed by Digital Extremes, hailing from my original hometown of London, Ontario. Gotta support the hometown boys. In for one.

[quote name='venompsx']I too am curious where you see this $5 rebate... didn't notice anything obvious on their page.[/quote]

There was a rebate on pricegrabber, if you wrote a review for the game, but it's only for the first 5 reviews

LoL at one guy's reply :
"F*ck, I BOUGHT ONE!!!!

but any way, I dont even have ps3 or an xbox360, but i bought the PS3 version LoL

I think this is a very good deal to be honest because its a brand new game and the gameplay looks pretty good too.

Thanks to the finder!

[quote name='ChaosGamer']There was a rebate on pricegrabber, if you wrote a review for the game, but it's only for the first 5 reviews[/quote]

It's first 50 people requesting the rebate.

[quote name='rifle21']It's ten at blockbuster if you can find one there. That's where I got mine[/quote]

This is a true statement, but that's for a used copy. BBV sells it for $20 new.

Very VERY overlooked game. Great title, definitely worth double this (or more). I am surprised I loved it so much. I blame the glaive. Great weapon.

I pimp this game any chance I get. Played through it about a month ago and had low expectations. Man, was I shocked, and dismayed, that I had overlooked such a gem and that it had dropped to the bargain bin so fast. I would really like a sequel.

Showing the 360 version is sold out now =(. Oh well i still picked up The Darkness for under $10 shiped so that makes up for it. Thanks OP

Crud, missed the stock on this for the 360. Shows it might be back in tommorow, count me in for that price!

This game was in development for ever. One of the multiplayer maps is an almost exact replica of WetWorks form COD 4.

It is also like a gears of war type game from videos I saw.

I ended up going for The Darkness and Dark Sector on one order. I'm actually relieved the Playstation version is out of stock...means I no longer have to choose :D

Well it looks like my game will be delivered either today or tomorrow! :) Gotta love that Newegg fast and free shipping!

[quote name='Pck21']Well it looks like my game will be delivered either today or tomorrow! :) Gotta love that Newegg fast and free shipping![/quote]
Agreed. You can't beat the price and speed of Newegg's shipping. Great deal.

Well I cant order till Friday and I can care less if its OOS. I wont play it for awhile, just as long as I get it at that price (or cheaper) eventually.

I saw the IGN review and liked everything about it. Story not deep enough? So fucking what!

It's got a glaive and shit = sold. I picked this up used at GS for $11 and liked what I played of it, even though it was a couple of hours.

[quote name='rifle21']It's ten at blockbuster if you can find one there. That's where I got mine[/QUOTE]

for the 360 version.. the PS3was 14 or something at mine last week.

ugh ok i'm spending way too much this month.. all these cheap games ugh!
actually hrm... the ps3 one is backordered? I wonder if they'll have anymore.. hrm..

bread's done
Back