Dark Sector (PS3/360) Now $9.99 Shipped at Newegg

Finally placed my order for the PS3 version. How is newegg on back order situations? It says more should be in by 10/27 so does that mean Ill get a copy or am I screwed?

[quote name='crzyboy88']Must... Resist...

Must finish... 20 other games first...[/QUOTE]

LOL - i just find this funny because i have like 30 other games for my ps2 that i bought years ago that i havent even opened yet{like metal arms - glitch in the system lol}.
but like i said, i ordered the PS3 version even though i dont have a Playstation 3 yet, lol.

[quote name='polo14player']deal is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]deal lives.

Amazon has it for $19.99+s/h

Is it worth the 7 diff to bite now?... I just don't know.

Now THAT would be a fast price drop.

This is supposed to be a really good game though. I've never really heard anything bad about it. The worst I've heard is "oh it's Gears of War with a cool weapon and sci-fi", and it's like...."okay, is that supposed to scare me away?" :D

I was wondering if anyone who ordered their copy from Newegg could tell me how it was shrinkwrapped? I saw some copies at Target the other day and they had the Y fold type shrinkwrap. Mine has the heat gun style shrinkwrap. I'm wondering if mine is a reseal?

[quote name='ecwfan']I was wondering if anyone who ordered their copy from Newegg could tell me how it was shrinkwrapped? I saw some copies at Target the other day and they had the Y fold type shrinkwrap. Mine has the heat gun style shrinkwrap. I'm wondering if mine is a reseal?[/quote]

sounds like a reseal to me but it depends on which stores get it I noticed at walmart all the GTA 4 for PS3s had the heat gun style shrinkwrap it's best to open it right away if you suspect anything

I just got my copy from Newegg. It had the Y fold type shinkwrap. Although I did the shake test and I think the disc is off its holder...damn it.

[quote name='brian101']man what a GREAT DEAL! newegg.com doesn't charge me any tax or shipping so i got it for $9.99[/quote]

Ditto. No tax and free shipping for me as well. I ordered up the PS3 version since my 360 titles out number my PS3 titles.

I got this via gamefly, not a very good game IMO. YMMV, but as shooters go at least through the first couple of chapters it's boring. Maybe it gets better later?

Looking forward to Dark Sector even thou I have a half a doze other games ready for me to play - I just couldn't pass up the chance to get this game for $10.

[quote name='vlv723']Unfortunately, I live in tax-happy Tennessee so I got this for $10.91 shipped[/QUOTE]

FYI, it's not Tennessee's fault, blame Newegg for having a corporate presence in the state (maybe a distribution warehouse or something).

Also, this deal has hit the front page on SD, so it probably won't last long.

pull the trigger, especially since it may go OOS cause the slickdeals thread. i can't help it, 10 bucks for a game is too good to pass up.

[quote name='Jauron']I got this via gamefly, not a very good game IMO. YMMV, but as shooters go at least through the first couple of chapters it's boring. Maybe it gets better later?[/quote]it's $10.. very few games are a bad deal at $10. Last one I remember seeing was Dynasty Warriors Advance:gba:. It may be bad, and in fact I've heard that long ago but is it $10 bad?

I got this at $13 in Oct. DAng could've saved $3!!! LOL Actually, I beat this one and it is pretty decent. Most of his glaive power upgrades are actually useful and necessary in the game. So it actually involves some strategy. I def recommend this at this price.

[quote name='ohboy10451']ppl save your $ for something better[/quote]

You know this statement never gonna work here. It's $10 afterall and it's an impulse purchase price. For me, I got the PS3 version when it was $13 and only played couples levels. No time and too many games. But I went ahead and bought it again now on the 360. Maybe achievements will get me through this game. I just need to unload my like new PS3 version now. The game is not bad. I just need to find time and motivation to play it because I have around 10 games backlog right now, like most CAGs here. ;-)

There is now an option to "Add item to Back-Order". Anyone know how good Newegg is about this kind of stuff?

FYI, its $9.99 used at Blockbuster but there's a B1G1 under $14.99 deal so if you match it up with another $9.99 game you can snag it for $5.

[quote name='AwRy108']A purely average game in a sea of triple-A titles--only get this if you're a collector, 'cause you'll never finish it.[/quote]

I'd say it's a very polished third-person action game. The story isn't portrayed in the most cinematic fashion, but the action sequences are really fun. A game that is Resident Evil 4 + Gears of War shouldn't be all that bad, right? Plus, the game looks really good.

I went ahead and picked this up for 10 on the 360. I liked the demo a little bit and for brand new at 10 it can't be that bad.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I'd say it's a very polished third-person action game. The story isn't portrayed in the most cinematic fashion, but the action sequences are really fun. A game that is Resident Evil 4 + Gears of War shouldn't be all that bad, right? Plus, the game looks really good.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was pleasantly surprised by this game earlier this year. Much better than some of the other b-grade shooters that seemed to get more praise/attention (such as TimeShift...ugh). I beat it & returned it since I had gotten it used @ GS & was still within my 7-days...but for this price, I'm getting it to add it to my collection. Wouldn't mind going through it a second time, actually.

Dark Sector is actually a very good game and well worth 9.99. I bought it off amazon.com several months back for like 17 bucks and was very surprised at how good it was and the graphics are pretty impressive.

I see that Stranglehold is also on sale for PS3 (although out of stock at the moment) for 9.99...which of the two games would you guys say is better? Or maybe I should get both...

bread's done
Back